Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401960 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Reply #3795: Jan 15, 2022 10:26:34 pm
      Overreacting much? It was just a simple tap in. Yes, he had to be there, but it was mostly atrocious defending by Varane. Let's reserve judgement until he's played a few games...
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #3796: Jan 15, 2022 10:38:27 pm
      He may do OK at Villa but fighting for the league or European cup...dream on. It has nothing to do with us now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3797: Jan 15, 2022 11:26:21 pm
      it wasnt a tap in he had to adjust his feet quickly to take it over the keeper you lot must have been some f***in players if you think that was easy and he had an assist so yes he has it and Stevie definitely thinks so and he doesnt hold any sort of grudge because he knows the truth.
      I am not upset about him not being here but lets not pretend he isnt a top player.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #3798: Jan 16, 2022 12:08:24 am
      It was a pretty good first appearance.  And didn't he just get over Covid too?  Maybe that's part of why he looked a bit more tired than he should have?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3799: Jan 16, 2022 12:16:02 am
      It was a tap in from 3 yards, he’s hardly sent one into the top corner from 20 yards. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves ey…

No he didn’t. Fred’s tackle on Coutinho put the  ball into Ramsey.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022 12:21:24 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3800: Jan 16, 2022 12:27:28 am
      It was a pretty good first appearance.  And didn't he just get over Covid too?  Maybe that's part of why he looked a bit more tired than he should have?

Had he had his 2nd debut with us & scored that goal some would be humming a different tune..

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #3801: Jan 16, 2022 12:28:34 am
      Overreacting much? It was just a simple tap in. Yes, he had to be there, but it was mostly atrocious defending by Varane. Let's reserve judgement until he's played a few games...

Stevie rates him as a player. I trust his judgement
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #3802: Jan 16, 2022 12:34:37 am
      So based on 30 mins football where he looked shattered you come to the conclusion he still has it.   :f_doh:
       Judging on your comments about current side/players  you've left me gobsmacked with this post.  ;D

He got a goal and an assist in 30 mins Keith. What more do you want from the kid?

Your lot crumbled 🤣🤣🤣
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3803: Jan 16, 2022 01:07:56 am
      He got a goal and an assist in 30 mins Keith. What more do you want from the kid?

Your lot crumbled 🤣🤣🤣

He didn’t get an assist. He got dispossessed by Fred and the ball went to Ramsay…that’s not an assist.

But yes, the Mancs did crumble which is always amusing.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3804: Jan 16, 2022 01:25:42 am
      Stevie rates him as a player. I trust his judgement

So do I, and I do believe Coutinho was a punt worth taking for Aston Villa.
      For Liverpool though? Not so much.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3805: Jan 16, 2022 07:12:37 am

Your lot crumbled 🤣🤣🤣

Actually was ony 20 mins so you may think that's even better  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,189 posts | 4909 
      Reply #3806: Jan 16, 2022 07:57:10 am
      So do I, and I do believe Coutinho was a punt worth taking for Aston Villa.
      For Liverpool though? Not so much.

Where I'm at as well.

He'll do well enough there but wasn't for us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,165 posts | 2786 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3807: Jan 16, 2022 08:15:48 am
      Where I'm at as well.

I dont know. Hell play thos percentage passes, hell have a shot and hell run with the ball, everything we lack
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,798 posts | 396 
      Reply #3808: Jan 16, 2022 09:26:17 am
      Where I'm at as well.

Well that remains to be seen but there's not much quality in our midfield at the moment. We have a selection of luxury midfielders in Keita, Jones, Ox and Phil is far more talented than those lads.

I fully understand why we didn't go back in for him, but I always felt the mega clubs wouldnt suit Coutinho. The ones that start booing when you give a pass away or shoot wasteful wide.

I think he will bounce back for Villa in good style and no reason he couldn’t for us either. Was maybe worth a punt on loan to see how things stood anyway.

One thing we cannot deny is the Villa ownership is backing Stevie and are far more willing to stump up cash to hit their targets than our ownership is willing to back our aspirations.

Coutinho, Digne and apparently more to come for Villa. Fair play to them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,189 posts | 4909 
      Reply #3809: Jan 16, 2022 09:35:31 am
      I dont know. Hell play thos percentage passes, hell have a shot and hell run with the ball, everything we lack

Not saying we couldn't do with a Coutinho style player, we could, just Coutinho himself isn't for us.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,798 posts | 396 
      Reply #3810: Jan 16, 2022 09:39:04 am
      It was a tap in from 3 yards, he’s hardly sent one into the top corner from 20 yards. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves ey…

No he didn’t. Fred’s tackle on Coutinho put the  ball into Ramsey.

Strange post because Phil will always score those 20 yard screamers. If he starts tapping them in as well your looking at 10-15 goals from midfield. Fact is his team was 2-0 down he cane on and played a hand in both goals.

He wasn't the right character for the mega clubs. He's a really shy lad and not one to carry the club the size of Barca.

There will be screamers to come from Phil but in a way that's a given. It's what he does. The question is would that have been good for us? Or was the water under the bridge too much.

In my opinion if we didn't sell Phil we don't go on to win Europe and the league so I can easily forgive his departure.

The money we got from him would never have been available under FSG reign without that cash.  If we had the chance to add Phil back into the side that now contains Virgil and Allison then you've got the best of both worlds. It would have probably sealed Barcas humiliation.

If only Phil was on the end of our very own tap in and not Taki on Thursday we'd be 1 goal ahead in our semi final tie.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,189 posts | 4909 
      Reply #3811: Jan 16, 2022 09:44:00 am
      One thing we cannot deny is the Villa ownership is backing Stevie and are far more willing to stump up cash to hit their targets than our ownership is willing to back our aspirations.

Coutinho, Digne and apparently more to come for Villa. Fair play to them.

And Jürgen has been backed to help achieve our aspirations.

The way some talk it's as if we haven't won a thing in the last few years.

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022 10:43:21 am by srslfc »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #3812: Jan 16, 2022 10:32:07 am
      Wish Coutinho well at Aston Villa, nice to see him score especially against the Mancs !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #3813: Jan 16, 2022 11:01:25 am
      And Jürgen has been backed to help achieve our aspirations.

The way some talk it's as if we haven't won a thing in the last few years.

We should be kicking on after the title win. We have to win a trophy this season or it will be a failed season and a step backwards.

If we don't win a trophy it will boil down to a lack of recruitment. We're starting James Milner in midfield trying to challenge Man City for a title says it all.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,189 posts | 4909 
      Reply #3814: Jan 16, 2022 11:06:40 am
      We should be kicking on after the title win. We have to win a trophy this season or it will be a failed season and a step backwards.

If we don't win a trophy it will boil down to a lack of recruitment. We're starting James Milner in midfield trying to challenge Man City for a title says it all.

We've bought Thiago, Jota, Konate and Tsimikas since the title win.

That's the extra forward we all wanted, the guile in CM we all wanted and the CB and LB quality back up we wanted.

Not saying we still don't need to strengthen in the summer, we very much do, but to say we haven't strengthened since the title win is nonsense.

The season before this where we were decimated by injuries, struggling with the pandemic and probably a bit burnt out after the relentless nature of the previous few campaigns has clouded peoples judgement in my opinion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3815: Jan 16, 2022 11:14:46 am

tired he looked I would after 5 mins or make that 2 mins. GOes to show that players need game time not only for their form but for game fitness too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #3816: Jan 16, 2022 11:43:49 am
      Did well when he came on for villa, could tell he wasn't match fit. Looks happy to be working under Gerrard.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3817: Jan 16, 2022 12:25:27 pm
      Did well when he came on for villa, could tell he wasn't match fit. Looks happy to be working under Gerrard.

Gerrard said Phil needed to be at a club where he is lived, Barca made him a scapegoat, he will do well under Gerrard..

Quick Reply