Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 399127 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Jan 30, 2013 02:20:40 am
      WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL FC xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Reds confirm Coutinho deal
      Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

The 20-year-old becomes the Reds' second signing of the January transfer window after penning a long-term contract with the club and follows the arrival of Daniel Sturridge.

Afterwards, he explained to Liverpoolfc.com why he's delighted to have secured a switch to Anfield.

Coutinho said: "I'm feeling very happy, it's a very important step in my career and I'm expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch.

"Liverpool is a great club with great players. We've always heard about Liverpool's history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football."

Coutinho, who has one cap for Brazil, began his career at Vasco da Gama before moving to Inter Milan in 2010.

He has also spent time on loan in Spain at Espanyol.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre said: "We're always delighted when we get the players we go after.

"It has been a successful transfer window for us, coming off the back of acquiring Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea and now Philippe from Inter Milan.

"I think that bodes well for us for the rest of the season and the future."

Coutinho will be the fifth Brazilian to represent Liverpool after Fabio Aurelio, Diego Cavalieri, Doni and Lucas Leiva.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-confirm-coutinho-deal
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 11:51:10 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 30, 2013 02:30:45 am
      WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL FC xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

or is it too early to celebrate  ;D
      Not announced mate. So too early :D
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 30, 2013 04:24:02 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #3: Jan 30, 2013 07:29:42 am
      Oh dear.

Diego will not be pleased.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Jan 30, 2013 07:53:34 am
      Oh dear.

Diego will not be pleased.
      :lmao:  :o  >:(
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5: Jan 30, 2013 04:02:08 pm

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

The 20-year-old becomes the Reds' second signing of the January transfer window after penning a long-term contract with the club and follows the arrival of Daniel Sturridge.

Afterwards, he explained to Liverpoolfc.com why he's delighted to have secured a switch to Anfield.

Coutinho said: "I'm feeling very happy, it's a very important step in my career and I'm expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch.

"Liverpool is a great club with great players. We've always heard about Liverpool's history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football."

Coutinho, who has one cap for Brazil, began his career at Vasco da Gama before moving to Inter Milan in 2010.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre said: "We're always delighted when we get the players we go after.

"It has been a successful transfer window for us, coming off the back of acquiring Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea and now Philippe from Inter Milan.

Coutinho will be the fifth Brazilian to represent Liverpool after Fabio Aurelio, Diego Cavalieri, Doni and Lucas Leiva.

WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6: Jan 30, 2013 04:02:53 pm

Done!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Jan 30, 2013 04:03:18 pm

I am not.
      Player threads should be mine, all mine, only miiiiiiine!

:P

Welcome to LFC, Philippe! Do us Brazilians proud!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #8: Jan 30, 2013 04:04:10 pm

Done!!

And too slow   :roll:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #9: Jan 30, 2013 04:04:23 pm
      Welcome to LFC Philippe.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #10: Jan 30, 2013 04:04:38 pm
      At last! :) Welcome to our great club!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #11: Jan 30, 2013 04:04:59 pm
      Will wear the number 10 shirt.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #12: Jan 30, 2013 04:05:38 pm
      Looks like no more in then.

Is this lad currently injured? Either way, welcome to Liverpool Phillippe, make an impact lad.

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2013 04:06:08 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Jan 30, 2013 04:08:27 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Philippe  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Can't wait to see you play  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Jan 30, 2013 04:12:24 pm
      Absolutely delighted with this. Has the potential to be truly world class and develop into a big fan favourite, welcome Philippe!

May your stay with us be a long and very successful one!
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #16: Jan 30, 2013 04:15:10 pm
      First signing in a while that I've been really excited about, special talent in there.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17: Jan 30, 2013 04:16:18 pm
       Presumeably you pronounce it Coo-teen-eeh-oh? Good luck to the lad, he's only 14 by the look of him so he's got plenty of time to develop.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #18: Jan 30, 2013 04:18:33 pm
      welcome to the club :)

now where are those pics and the interview?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #19: Jan 30, 2013 04:24:18 pm
      Welcome To LIVERPOOL Phillippe

:kop5cf8koxp6: :clap: :clap: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6:
       YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #20: Jan 30, 2013 04:25:12 pm
      Welcome Philippe our new no. 10! So that pic I posted yesterday wasn't a fake after all ;D

Genuinely excited to see what this lad produces for us on the pitch!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #21: Jan 30, 2013 04:25:31 pm
      Coutinho: The first interview
      Shortly after he signed for Liverpool on Wednesday, Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho sat down for an exclusive chat with Liverpoolfc.com – and you can read what the midfielder had to say now…

Firstly Philippe, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thanks.

How does it feel to complete the move?

I'm feeling very happy, it's a very important step in my career and I'm expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch.

What have the past 24 hours been like for you?

It's been a rush, a lot of medicals and today we finally signed the deal. Now it's official, I'm the newest Liverpool player.

Are you ready to play immediately?

Yes, I'm ready to play.

Why did you choose to sign for Liverpool ahead of other clubs?

Liverpool is a great club with great players. We've always heard about Liverpool's history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football.

How much do you know about Liverpool and its history?

It's a club that fans are always supporting. It's a great club accustomed to victories and with a lot of good stories in football and I'm hoping to get here and add some more.

Have you spoken to Lucas Leiva about Liverpool and what to expect?

I've been talking to him for some time and he said good things about Liverpool. He believes this might be a nice club for me and now it's happening.

For Liverpool fans who don't know much about you and your career, what sort of player are you? How do you like to play?

I'm a player who likes to make moves and to play along with the attack, passing as well as scoring. I like dribbling and playing near to the box - that is a strength I have.

Are you confident you'll be able to adapt to English football?

I'm very confident and excited to come and start to train with the team and be available to the manager. I've been playing in Italy for two-and-a-half years and I believe I will adapt with ease here.

We know you can play in a few different positions, but which is your favourite?

I always say that players like to play and I'm no different, although I'd rather play near the goal. That is my preferred position.

Which of your new teammates are you most looking forward to playing alongside?

They are all great players, I'm happy I'll play alongside them but not only them, I'm keen to be friends with all of my teammates and be part of the team.

How much are you looking forward to playing your first match at Anfield in front of the Liverpool fans?

I'm looking forward to starting training with my new teammates and playing football, which is what I like to do the most. I believe all things will be arranged this week so I can start to train.

What are your hopes for the rest of the season with Liverpool?

The objective of all players is to perform well and help the club do the most we can. Win titles and important qualifications - that's what I hope to do at Liverpool.

Would you like to give a message to Liverpool fans?

I'd like to thank all fans that have sent me messages on Twitter. I'm coming here very keen to help the club with my moves and scoring goals to put Liverpool at the top. I just want to say thanks. I'm happy to be signing with a great club and I hope I can give them my contribution.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/coutinho-the-first-interview
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Jan 30, 2013 04:26:59 pm

Next time, we wait for an official announcement before starting a player thread.

Thanks.

Quick Reply