Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 416773 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #897: Jan 31, 2014 07:32:04 am
      Loved that thru ball for Daniel to cooly finish for his first goal. Loved more the fact that Daniel grabbed Coutinho, pushed either Sissokho or Toure out of the way, put his arm around him and pointed to him, saying to the crowd, it was all him.

Great display form Phillipe, nice to have you back mate. Keep on assisting and you will get your goal scoring boots back on shortly.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #898: Feb 02, 2014 11:12:50 am
      Loved that thru ball for Daniel to cooly finish for his first goal. Loved more the fact that Daniel grabbed Coutinho, pushed either Sissokho or Toure out of the way, put his arm around him and pointed to him, saying to the crowd, it was all him.

Great display form Phillipe, nice to have you back mate. Keep on assisting and you will get your goal scoring boots back on shortly.

There is an unconditional amount of love between the two. These two have a great understanding of each other's game, which is a joy to watch.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #899: Feb 02, 2014 11:18:32 am
      There is an unconditional amount of love between the two. These two have a great understanding of each other's game, which is a joy to watch.

Can't wait to see more of it tonight.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #900: Feb 03, 2014 10:29:31 pm
      Had a good game against Everton, but I think we need a lot more out of him both on the ball and off it. With two up front, we can't carry many more luxury players.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #901: Feb 04, 2014 08:17:05 am
      Needs a rest but we've got nobody else. Cheers FSG.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #902: Feb 04, 2014 08:36:41 am
      Needs a rest but we've got nobody else. Cheers FSG.

Dont think he is physically tired, how many games has he played since coming back from injury? I just think he is a bit off form. Could play Alberto but of course he has never been given a chance, another odd signing!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #903: Feb 04, 2014 10:25:54 pm
      Hes become a fan favourite ala Agger without really earning it. He loses the ball as often as he creates with it. Doesn't score enough. His workrate is improved but if were honest he hasn't done enough in recent weeks. Hes probably lucky that we don't really have the options to come in and take his place

Has all the ability in the world but needs to start doing more for me
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #904: Feb 05, 2014 02:39:16 am
      We have seen a lot of these creative sorts in midfield over the past years. Coutinho, when he first came, really impressed me mostly with his through balls more than anything.
      He is technically very graceful and inventive. This season for me he gets 5 out of 10, but, his 5 out of ten is better than Allen or Moses's 9 out of ten maybe. So, maybe he'll find his step again and improve, he has it in there.
      If he gets back in form; it's the type of technical player that can be the difference at the end of the season.
      If he carries on like this to the end, I wouldn't rate him high for the season, I'd feel disappointment.
      Needs to grow his lucky hair back maybe.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #905: Feb 05, 2014 07:00:21 am
      Sterling had some time out, albeit with a long spell with injury and he's come back better than ever so maybe taking Countinho out of the team for a couple of games will do him good.

Love watching the lad play when he's on form, just needs to add some goals and assists.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #906: Feb 05, 2014 07:45:42 am
      Hes become a fan favourite ala Agger without really earning it. He loses the ball as often as he creates with it. Doesn't score enough. His workrate is improved but if were honest he hasn't done enough in recent weeks. Hes probably lucky that we don't really have the options to come in and take his place

Has all the ability in the world but needs to start doing more for me
      Agree with that Brian i thought the lad had been poor for quite a number of games to be honest ,trouble is his poor games are still better than Joe,s good games ,he still has the ability to create while Joe couldn,t create an orgy in a room full of sluts,
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #907: Feb 05, 2014 10:38:08 am
      Sterling had some time out, albeit with a long spell with injury and he's come back better than ever so maybe taking Countinho out of the team for a couple of games will do him good.

Love watching the lad play when he's on form, just needs to add some goals and assists.

I agree with this. Not only do I think it'll help the teams shape but I think Coutinho will benefit from a little break. He's found it hard this season after a sensational start last year. I think thats important to remember; when he came he really did hit the ground running and was absolutely class in some of our best performances last year, like the 0-6 away at Newcastle. He set himself very high standards and so far this year he hasn't lived up to them.

Maybe a few games starting on the bench will help him rediscover that form. With the form Sterling is in it certainly won't be Raheem that is dropped should we change the team for Arsenal.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #908: Feb 05, 2014 11:27:38 am
      How could you justify starting Allen ahead of Coutinho? He doesn't impose himself much on the game either, and has less to offer in attack.

I would keep Allen on the bench. He has been a major disappointment whenever he has featured.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #909: Feb 08, 2014 01:45:13 pm
      Who'd have though he had combative midfielder in his locker as well.  Not me, but he f'n does and deserves loads of plaudits for his 1st half display against Arsenal.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #910: Feb 08, 2014 01:46:06 pm
      That ball to Sturridge can only be described as sex.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #911: Feb 08, 2014 01:47:03 pm
      That ball to Sturridge can only be described as sex.

He played a great ball out to Sterling too when Sterling then followed it up with that great bit of skill to rinse the full back.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #912: Feb 08, 2014 02:58:14 pm
      Coutinho was constantly getting the best of Wilshere, it was F***ing awesome haha. Phillippe played so well today and, it should be noted, in a deeper position at that!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #913: Feb 08, 2014 03:15:28 pm
      Coutinho was constantly getting the best of Wilshere, it was f**king awesome haha. Phillippe played so well today and, it should be noted, in a deeper position at that!

He completely outplayed Wilshere, the guy when on form is a magician.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #914: Feb 08, 2014 03:23:52 pm
      Boss game... passing was out of this world
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #915: Feb 08, 2014 06:23:39 pm
      Excellent today. When he plays like that he gives us a dimension to our play we haven't had since the Barnes and Beardsley days.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #916: Feb 09, 2014 01:53:55 am
      Much better from Philly. Put himself about and was instrumental in pressing the likes of Arteta and Wilshere. His passing is sublime at times and unlocks doors that would otherwise never be opened.

My concerns about him come in the away games, but if he starts putting big shifts in, he will flourish in them, especially on the counter.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #917: Feb 09, 2014 01:18:04 pm
      Thought he was outstanding yesterday, lost out on MOTM from me (voted Sterling) by a cats whisker. His movement, passing and vision was a treat to see. For me it was also nice to see a little fire in the belly of Philippe.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #918: Feb 09, 2014 07:21:33 pm
      And here are you guys, now relieved we started with Coutinho before Allen. Thank gawd BR doesn't take the advice of the majority  :D

Ynwa
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #919: Feb 09, 2014 08:24:10 pm
      More like the Coutinho of last season now.

Irresistible when hes in that form.

Quick Reply