Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 398921 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2392: Mar 12, 2017 06:04:03 pm
      Probably the worst performance I've seen from Coutinho. Utterly dire. Being substituted by a relatively untried (yet talented) 17 year old has got to raise some massive alarm bells.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2393: Mar 12, 2017 06:38:59 pm
      Probably the worst performance I've seen from Coutinho. Utterly dire. Being substituted by a relatively untried (yet talented) 17 year old has got to raise some massive alarm bells.

Heads in Barca probably...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2394: Mar 12, 2017 06:45:39 pm

Barcelona as a holiday destination? Cos they sure as hell aren't going to go anywhere near him given his form since he returned from injury.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2395: Mar 12, 2017 06:52:15 pm

Think it should be a massive kick up his arse.

Needs to do better, and I think he will.

Agree that was his probably his worst game in a Liverpool shirt, for a long long time if not in his whole career with us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2396: Mar 12, 2017 07:06:17 pm
      Think it should be a massive kick up his arse.

Needs to do better, and I think he will.

Agree that was his probably his worst game in a Liverpool shirt, for a long long time if not in his whole career with us.

Fair play to Klopp though for taking him off though if it were any other team than Citeh next up I'd bench him but he has an amazing record against them
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2397: Mar 12, 2017 07:51:27 pm
      Highest paid player at the club, your having a laugh.

Young Ben put in more effort in his short cameo than Phil did during his hour on the pitch.

Just a shame there is no quality in the squad because at the moment he doesn't deserve a start.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2017 08:19:42 pm by HScRed1 »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2398: Mar 12, 2017 07:58:01 pm
      Another game where Coutinho simply got muscled out of it. The lad is having a torrid run since coming back from injury but I've no doubt he will bounce back. Hopefully in our next game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2399: Mar 12, 2017 08:06:08 pm
      I've never knocked the lad but today's "performance" ? v Burnley was non existent .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2400: Mar 12, 2017 08:28:28 pm
      I think he will never become world class on his own, get some good players around him and he will shine. He's not a player you can build a team around, but with class players around him, he will be a very good cog in our wheel.

At the moment he seems to be crumbling under the weight of expectation from both us the fans, and himself.

If he was at his best every game he'd be running out for Barca by now, he has always been inconsistent, however he can still win a game for us, or unlock a door at any given moment, and we don't have many of those on our books to be seriously thinking of dropping him for long.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2401: Mar 12, 2017 10:00:04 pm
      We want consistency and world class levels? Play him in the midfield 3 and have players around him! It'll allow him to have a better view of the play ahead. He is a natural born creator, his best attributes are his composure, vision and dribbling from deep, not speed, 1v1's or crosses! I really do think he is wasted on the left, but also, having him there and when he drops deep really doesn't help the attacking balance.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2402: Mar 12, 2017 11:27:08 pm
      For all the stick some got during the match today, the worst player on the pitch got off lightly.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2403: Mar 12, 2017 11:29:44 pm
      For all the stick some got during the match today, the worst player on the pitch got off lightly.

How can he be the worst player on the pitch when he didn't even play? ;)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #2404: Mar 12, 2017 11:34:34 pm
      Absolute joke of a performance.

Woeful attitude - whether he didn't give a sh*t or just needs to toughen up, either or it is the kind of spineless vacuous characters that is the precise reason why we can't win trophies. He needs to learn a thing or two about this club and the great characters who have preceded him, maybe then he will start to buck up his ideas.

Says everything when an untested but remarkably talented seventeen year old kid comes on and looks more experienced. Maybe it's the advantage of priming our academy products who have been brought up as died in the wool reds, but Woodburn seemed to realise the importance of today's match much more than an experienced pro like Coutinho. Drive, determination and passion - you can be guaranteed these displays from all academy products, so hopefully it's the shot in the arm that a slacker like Coutinho needs.

Barca bound - yeah only the deluded would think he's good enough for them at the moment. Woeful form, and he needs to sort it out quick.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2017 01:37:50 am by Son Of A Gun »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2405: Mar 13, 2017 01:05:36 am
      I must admit, my reaction to him coming off the ground and being replaced by Woodburn, was that he looked relieved to be coming off. That's just my thoughts on his facial expression as he sat down on the bench.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2406: Mar 13, 2017 11:03:57 am
      Cou is a typical example of a player who signs a new bumper contract and immediately loses his desire and starts coasting.

Then there's players like Lallana who up their game to justify their new bumper contract.

I would drop Cou after the City game if he fails to perform again until he starts to show some desire.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2407: Mar 13, 2017 05:51:05 pm
      I agree both he and Lallana duck out of so many challenges, its bloody embarrassing.

Disagree about Lallana. Light weight maybe, but he gets stuck in and chases back...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2408: Mar 20, 2017 11:49:11 am
      Hopefully the International break does him some good because it's getting to the point where he is becoming a hindrance.

Never mind his lack of offensive output he is not even contributing defensively.
      Continually Leaving Milner exposed no great surprise he is getting hooked early.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2409: Mar 20, 2017 01:52:40 pm
      Hopefully the International break does him some good because it's getting to the point where he is becoming a hindrance.

Never mind his lack of offensive output he is not even contributing defensively.
      Continually Leaving Milner exposed no great surprise he is getting hooked early.

Yeah something is not right in his head, if I was Jürgen I'd either give him a bollocking and bench him or give him a patented Jürgen super special hug. If its because his head has been turned by Barca then he is not doing himself any favors in the way he's playing now unless he's trying to drive his price down.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2410: Mar 20, 2017 02:01:18 pm
      The boy will come good. No doubt about it
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2411: Mar 20, 2017 07:04:40 pm
      I don't think his head has been turned, but if it has don't think he would bring down his price that is not Coutinho.  I think he is just having a horrible dip in form it happens to every player.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2412: Mar 21, 2017 07:08:15 am
      Happens at least once a season with Phil, he'll come back stronger
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #2413: Mar 21, 2017 09:05:10 am
      Think he needs to refocus....head seems to be away with the fairies right now.
      Look at when Fernando (or fernandinho) missed the chance into the side netting, Fernand(inh)o was goal side of Coutinho and Coutinho just leaned over with dissapointment they'd scored....only to turn around happy that they'd missed. That still wasn't a wake up call enough for him to buck his ideas up!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2414: Mar 25, 2017 09:13:24 pm
      I reckon he's leaving the club. And you know what? I don't really care. Great player with fabulous ability on his day. But there aren't enough of those days and he goes missing too much. For me, the big contract was the first sign he's off. As long as Jürgen gets the players he wants to replace him, then fair do...

Quick Reply