Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 398963 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2760: Sep 02, 2017 10:26:10 am
      He doesn't deserve that Daz.

Not in terms of what's happened but how the  team has played recently.

I'm sure the lads will be pleased to see him back but at the same time say Emre is dropped to bring him back in? What's he think then?

That doesn't draw any line under it for me it makes more of an issue.

In the bench and involved draws a line under it

The same way they reacted when Suarez was penciled straight back in, get on with it and win games and we've a better chance of that with Couts in the first XI.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2761: Sep 02, 2017 10:38:36 am
       ::
      The same way they reacted when Suarez was penciled straight back in, get on with it and win games and we've a better chance of that with Couts in the first XI.

Different situation

If I remember right we hadn't won in a couple of games before suarez came back in... lost at Anfield against Southampton
      We didn't have the same options up front then as we have in midfield now plus we have won our last 4 as opposed to not winning in a couple and having Aspas up front

I'd get Phil back involved but off the bench as the lads don't deserve to be dropped after his c**t actions and how we have been playing

I'm.more of a team unity and rewards guy..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2762: Sep 02, 2017 10:45:25 am
      People wont boo him... won't happen
      Disagree.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2763: Sep 02, 2017 10:51:34 am

Suarez wasn't booed , don't think Coutinho will be either if he plays, whatever people may think i don't believe there will be a public display of dislike
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2764: Sep 02, 2017 10:52:58 am
      ::
      Different situation

If I remember right we hadn't won in a couple of games before suarez came back in... lost at Anfield against Southampton
      We didn't have the same options up front then as we have in midfield now plus we have won our last 4 as opposed to not winning in a couple and having Aspas up front

I'd get Phil back involved but off the bench as the lads don't deserve to be dropped after his c**t actions and how we have been playing

I'm.more of a team unity and rewards guy..

Understand both points of view but the bit I struggle with is the comparison to Suarez......in playing terms.

Suarez was completely unplayable 8/10 games and a total f***in' nuisance in the other 2.......

In his best season Phil was still a long way off that consistency and went missing for 2 months (admittedly playing his way in  after injury).

That team needed Suarez a lot more than this team needs Phil.

Will he improve us? Fully fit and firing - yes.

Does he walk back in like Suarez........not necessarily for me.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2017 11:37:36 am by Scotia »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2765: Sep 02, 2017 10:54:09 am
      Suarez wasn't booed , don't think Coutinho will be either if he plays, whatever people may think i don't believe there will be a public display of dislike

He obviously doesn't understand the Anfield crowd mate

What's likely to happen is he won't get his song sung for a while, probably until the away fans get on his back and singing songs against him then we will get behind him again as one of our own

He won't get booed
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2766: Sep 02, 2017 11:22:33 am
      Don't think Klopp's the kind of manager that will put him straight back in v City.

Few weeks grafting with the U23s may be needed.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2767: Sep 02, 2017 11:34:17 am
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2768: Sep 02, 2017 11:38:06 am

I don't think so either mate, the Anfield crowd are the least likely to boo their team or anyone within it in the whole of English football. Even at the end of Houllier's time when the football was simply dreadful for a season and a half there was barely a boo in the ground at full-time. Same applies to Hodgson's reign although there was a bit more discontent. Of course the online reaction is rather different so best he turns off his Twitter account if he has one.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2769: Sep 02, 2017 11:40:23 am
      https://twitter.com/SuzyCortez_/status/902636310690746368

Oh dear, following this lunchtimes press conference at Barcelona,  trying to say that we told them they could have phil for 200 million euros, Powerpoint presentation of players they sold, bought and tried to buy with huge dollops of bullshit as they try to cover up and put a brave face on their utter incompetence
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2770: Sep 02, 2017 11:41:55 am
      Putting him straight back in the match day squad, let alone starting 11, will send such wrong signals.

Needs to earn his way back.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2771: Sep 02, 2017 11:44:18 am
      He does not go straight back in for me.

Gini can and hendo doing great and the front 3 are tearing it up.

At the end of the day the lad has sabotaged our start to the season. He has faked an injury and basically gone on strike in a strop.

When he comes back he owes everyone a big apology for his conduct in what has been a vital opening to the season where he made himself the sideshow attraction.

It he comes back, makes his peace then we begin the process ... but that starts from the bench.

With regard to the booing ... i probably put it wrong ... i meant more peoole getting on his back. If he looks disinterested ... pulls out of a 5050 or 2 ... it wont be pretty ... thats what i was meaning.

I will support him as he wears our shirt ... just lost my respect and love for him.

On we go eh.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2772: Sep 02, 2017 11:47:04 am
      Why would people lower themselves to booing someone like this. Ignore him.

Dont applaud pases goals etc. If hes being subbed dont clap sing the name of the man coming on for him. Before kick off in the team announcement dont react to his name at all.

Blank him
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2773: Sep 02, 2017 12:02:46 pm
      Why would people lower themselves to booing someone like this. Ignore him.

Dont applaud pases goals etc. If hes being subbed dont clap sing the name of the man coming on for him. Before kick off in the team announcement dont react to his name at all.

Blank him

Never boo your own mate. It doesnt get lower than that.

If he scores then we are cheering a goal for the team.

He had the love and goodwill of all ... now its very different. I just hope he doesnt make a show of himself between now and the end of the season ... not because im ars*d about him ... but because it will affect the team and the squad.

Klopp im sure will bench him against city and then look at him from there. Klopp will know him inside out ... when he is on it and training well and when he is phoning it in.

He is a great man manager and im sure he will have some good conversations with him in the coming weeks.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2774: Sep 02, 2017 09:11:54 pm
      Putting him straight back in the match day squad, let alone starting 11, will send such wrong signals.

Or the right one, you're a professional footballer, our highest paid player to do so, so dry your eyes mate and be professional and get on with the job at hand..

If were going to cut our noses off to spite our face and not play him and run the risk of further inflaming the situation, we may as well have just sold him to Barca.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2775: Sep 02, 2017 10:09:33 pm
      But, Blud, look at it this way. Forget the fans for a moment and think about the team mates, the players with whom he bonds every day.
      As the highest paid player and as a professional, the player has a responsibility towards the team. The vibes that the fans have been getting from the players are that this is going to be a special season and that they are going to make history. And, when his team mates are thinking about all this, right before the start of the season and a few days before an important qualifier, he creates unrest in the team (well, the players may not have been affected by all this and maybe they must have been affected - I would never know). If we had not qualified for CL group stages and had Coutinho got his wish to leave for Barcelona, the remaining players would have played in Europa (All hypothetical scenarios).

And, then there was the Sakho situation. Coutinho may not be as popular as Sakho with the team mates. If Coutinho goes straight back into the team, what would be the signals? That coming late to a meeting is a bigger sin than filing a transfer request anytime (two different issues and of course Sakho situation may be a bigger issue, but, the end result is similar). Klopp keeps saying he is building a friendly, familial atmosphere etc... But, his actions targeted the very core of Klopp's philosophy. If it was me, I would rather he rot in the ressies (But, I am not the manager, thankfully). Practically speaking, against City and Sevilla we may not really need the magic to break stubborn defences as they are going to be open games. Against Burnley, we might, and one and half weeks is probably a good enough time to probably send the signals that the manager doesn't play favourites.

you're a professional footballer, our highest paid player to do so, so dry your eyes mate and be professional and get on with the job at hand..

I agree. But, we do it on our own terms. No body can be allowed to get away with a transfer request, refusal to play and get back to the team straight afterwards. He is no Suarez and this is not the team of 2 years ago which is dependent solely on him. For the last one month or so Coutinho did cut our noses.But, we have been able to breathe. I think we will be able to breathe for some more time without him.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2776: Sep 02, 2017 10:35:49 pm
      But, Blud, look at it this way. Forget the fans for a moment and think about the team mates, the players with whom he bonds every day.
      As the highest paid player and as a professional, the player has a responsibility towards the team.

I'm looking at it logically without emotion, he's an employee as are his team mates, do you genuinely think any of them will carry any malice towards Phil?

End of the day majority of these lads have moved/wanted to move clubs in their careers and will see things from a completely different perspective to us common folk.

We've no Carra's, Gerrard or even died in the wool Aggers in the squad who'd probably have an outlook closer to your suggestion.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2777: Sep 02, 2017 11:00:26 pm
      Straight in to the first XI against City for me, simplest way to draw a line under the matter and stop it dragging on.

Scamming a back injury and with a cl qualifier to be played he showed his true colours, yellow.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2778: Sep 02, 2017 11:03:25 pm
      I'm looking at it logically without emotion, he's an employee as are his team mates, do you genuinely think any of them will carry any malice towards Phil?

Yesterday it was Suarez. Today it is Coutinho. Tomorrow, it will be...

Unfortunately, LFC "corporation" seems to be having a big "attrition"  problem when compared to other conglomerates. If the "company" needs to increase its "market capitalization" and become a "Fortune5" company and rub shoulders with the big boys like it used to, it may have to address this problem.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2779: Sep 02, 2017 11:05:27 pm
      Scamming a back injury and with a cl qualifier to be played he showed his true colours, yellow.

Blue and Maroon would be more precise...

However he'll be wearing red this season whether we like it or not, so lets make the best use of him just as we did Suarez..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2780: Sep 02, 2017 11:10:15 pm
      it may have to address this problem.

We addressed it by refusing the transfer request and money on offer, now we have to show some balls and tell Coutinho in no uncertain terms to man up, he's an employee and to get on with the job he's paid handsomely to do.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2781: Sep 02, 2017 11:33:55 pm
      We addressed it by refusing the transfer request and money on offer

I think we addressed the situation, Blud. Only time will tell if we have addressed the problem.

And, I am sure if the payment structure had not been as stupid as this and had it been better than what was on offer (16mn£ in first year out of 140mn£), we would have sold him because every player has his price. That 16mn£ is way lesser than what we would have earned by qualifying for the CL group stages. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2782: Sep 03, 2017 01:40:07 am

Needs to earn his way back.

Agreed with this but hasn't he got a phenomenal record of scoring against Citeh?

I say play him, let him score the winner, get the 3 points and then what happens, happens.

Want that 3 points more then anything.

Quick Reply