Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 399144 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2783: Sep 03, 2017 08:00:37 am
      Agreed with this but hasn't he got a phenomenal record of scoring against Citeh?

I say play him, let him score the winner, get the 3 points and then what happens, happens.

Want that 3 points more then anything.

But, not the only source of goals in this team.
      Win this game and we will be top of the table (until Munts play).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2784: Sep 03, 2017 09:32:17 am
      Liverpool manager JĂźrgen Klopp is to hold talks with playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 25, next week after his move to Barcelona failed to materialise in the transfer window. (Star)

And Coutinho is upset Liverpool have given him no assurances he will be able to move to Barcelona next summer. (Mirror)

But the 25-year-old could be available for the Reds' trip to Manchester City next week. (Liverpool Echo)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2785: Sep 03, 2017 11:29:55 am
      Putting him straight back in the match day squad, let alone starting 11, will send such wrong signals.

Needs to earn his way back.

He can have Origi's spot on the bench.

If we're 1-0 down with 20 to play on Saturday and Coutinho isn't an option off the bench i'll be well and truly pissed, and I won't be the only one! And i'll bet his teammates will all be thinking the exact same thing.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2786: Sep 03, 2017 11:32:03 am
      He can have Origi's spot on the bench.

If we're 1-0 down with 20 to play on Saturday and Coutinho isn't an option off the bench i'll be well and truly pissed, and I won't be the only one! And i'll bet his teammates will all be thinking the exact same thing.

Origi wasn't even getting on the bench mate
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2787: Sep 03, 2017 01:36:43 pm

Well, they should realize that the manager trusted them and put them on the field thinking that they are capable enough of getting the 3 pts and instead of being pissed off with him, they should probably repay his faith in them by making sure that they are not in that particular situation. :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2788: Sep 03, 2017 03:59:44 pm
      Agreed with this but hasn't he got a phenomenal record of scoring against Citeh?

I say play him, let him score the winner, get the 3 points and then what happens, happens.

Want that 3 points more then anything.
      His mental state won't be there to even get on the sub bench. If he wants to play and not sulk it is fine to use him, otherwise he will get a chance in the league cup I think
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2789: Sep 03, 2017 05:22:33 pm
      “We have our situation and Dortmund has another,” he said to German media outlet SPORT1, when asked about why his former club sold Ousmane Dembele but we kept Phil.

“Don’t believe everything in the press or that there are offers here and there and that the minute after the offer has been entered, it should already be over.

“We are not like George Orwell where everybody knows everything immediately. We have exactly the situation we wanted and no other.

“Dortmund decided the player (Dembele) would leave them, so I cannot compare the two situations.

“We still have a really good player in the squad who can play.”
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2790: Sep 03, 2017 10:29:54 pm
      Think i'm in a minority but I can't be arsed hating players these days. They are all in a bubble and until/unless we are put in his situation nobody knows how they will react.

Said elsewhere he did everything he could to get a move (the type of things we ask players looking to move to us to try) but the window is closed now so it's time to knock all the nonsense on the head.

He hasn't got it so bad and he should reflect on that, he is one of the lucky ones.

Personally looking forward to seeing him back in the team as soon as possible.

We are a better side with him in it and of we are going to be turning down 140 million or whatever it was, there's no point in not playing him.

Get him back in training and back in the side. We have a great XI and some good depth (besides at CB) to be working with.

Other than United I can't see much in this league that worries me. Time to win a title before he departs!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2791: Sep 04, 2017 02:38:48 am
      Coutinho was complicit in Barca's tactics. Day before season starts, threw in a transfer request.. then bids coming in for him just before each game. Their goal was to make Klopp lose his head? Liverpool lose games? Mess our CL qualification game up?
      Then he fakes a bad back...
      He is getting benched and you guys know it. Klopp is not going to unsettle the whole team just because of him.
      He's going to come back sulking and being rubbish or getting sent off on purpose etc... I don't trust him.
      Ox, Can, Woodburn, Hendo, Gini can be in midfield and when Lallana is back so can he... not to forget Grujic is pushing for a spot.
      We are not short in midfield, if we get injuries he gets a chance, if he messed that up he can rot in the reserves like Sakho did and then we can sell him 100m+ after he misses the world cup.
      I can totally see this being his come back.

Ings       
            Coutinho              Markovic

Ejaria       Grujic     
                              Ox

Flanno Lovren    Gomes   Moreno

Ward

Stick him in the league cup, forget champions league.. where was he against Hoffemheim.
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2017 02:46:00 am by Ribapuru »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2792: Sep 04, 2017 07:18:03 am
      He's going to come back sulking and being rubbish or getting sent off on purpose etc...

Behave...

He's had his World cup warning, he was a Brazil sub solely due to lack of games and that came straight from the Brazil managers lips.

Stick him in the league cup, forget champions league..

Taking Klopps words at face value, that's not going to happen..

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2793: Sep 04, 2017 12:11:32 pm
      He will probably start from the bench for a few games but due to lack of match sharpness rather than as any punishment.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2794: Sep 04, 2017 01:00:24 pm
      I'd also have him as an option on the bench, he should not be starting though, I mean why disrupt a team that's playing so well.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #2795: Sep 05, 2017 09:41:16 am
      I feel the same as most of ye on here. Starts on the bench and stays there until needed. Our midfield three of Can, Hendo and Gini works against the bigger teams gives us a solid base for our pacey forwards to run riot. Against the smaller sides Phil works better with them sitting deeper. He is still our player and as long as he trains well and puts a shift in when called upon then he gets my support. Klopp will know exactly how to handle this situation.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Coutinho strike?
      Reply #2796: Sep 05, 2017 07:29:45 pm
      I hope it isn't discussed somewhere else already, but german media report that Coutinho wants to strike and not play for us in CL to force a transfer in January. If he played for us in CL he couldn't next year for anybody else.

How should LFC deal with that if it's true?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Countinho strike?
      Reply #2797: Sep 05, 2017 07:31:15 pm
      I hope it isn't discussed somewhere else already, but german media report that Coutinho wants to strike and not play for us in CL to force a transfer in January. If he played for us in CL he couldn't next year for anybody else.

How should LFC deal with that if it's true?

Well if he went to that extreme then you cease paying him and let him sit at home for the next year...see how a year off from playing football enhances his career.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Coutinho strike?
      Reply #2798: Sep 05, 2017 07:37:24 pm
      Well if he went to that extreme then you cease paying him and let him sit at home for the next year...see how a year off from playing football enhances his career.

Sorted then. Nothing much to add 😊
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2799: Sep 05, 2017 07:37:55 pm
      How does German media know about a Brazilian player playing for a club in England to force a move to a club in Spain?
      Think even Marca will have more credibility than this..
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #2800: Sep 05, 2017 07:38:25 pm
      Surely we can dock his wages if he goes on strike
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2801: Sep 05, 2017 07:39:52 pm
      Story appeared in the catalan paper sport which at the moment appears to be. In charge of old rat face bartomeu's pr at Barcelona even through to drumming. up support against a proposed no confidence vote against the president the story accused liverpool of all sorts of things ignoring the huge problems at their own door
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2802: Sep 05, 2017 07:46:21 pm
      Just looked into this a bit. The reports are coming from Spanish newspapers. You know, those people who reported he was having a medical and was being unveviled by Barcelona whilst his back was being examined in Melwood. Hardly the most credible of sources, no? If he does, it would be the stupidest thing imaginable since A) he won't get his move and B) he won't make Brazil's world cup squad twiddling his thumbs at home. If he escalates this he should sit out the next five years of his contract. We've had a sufficient return on the investment in him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2803: Sep 05, 2017 07:49:50 pm
      Surely we can dock his wages if he goes on strike
      We can stop paying him entirely, 200k a week. Since it would be his choice not to play he still wouldn't be able to walk for free at the end of the season either. I think something similar happened to Tevez.
      I think there is a rule where contract is void if the club doesn't play a player for a year when the player is wanting to play, but please don't quote me on that. 

I think outside of contracts and rules like that, Coutinho should get his head down because if he did strike without a union and it had a negative impact on Liverpool's season.... Liverpool could have a case to sue for damages.

https://www.gov.uk/industrial-action-strikes/your-employment-rights-during-industrial-action

3. Your employment rights during industrial action
      You have the right to take industrial action and you can’t be legally forced to stay at, or go back to, work (unless a ballot wasn’t organised properly).
      If you take industrial action, you’ll probably have broken (be ‘in breach of’) your employment contract and your employer:
      is unlikely to pay for the work you didn’t do when you took industrial action
      can sue you for breaking your contract (this doesn’t happen often)
      Taking industrial action doesn’t usually mean that your employer will say you’ve broken your period of continuous employment with them. This begins when you start working for your employer and ends on the day your employer uses to calculate your length of service.
      However, if you take industrial action, your employer will reduce your length of service with them by the number of days you were on strike. This is important when working out your pension and things like statutory redundancy pay.

Wonder how much Liverpool could sue Coutinho for if he messes our season up.
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2017 08:05:29 pm by Ribapuru »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2804: Sep 05, 2017 07:56:02 pm

PISH !!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869