Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402763 times
      Des Burch
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2852: Sep 08, 2017 09:04:31 am
      Every single rumour about Phil was Spanish Press led......all about Barca!
      The UK press print anything as we all know sadly:-(
      But has any comments been made by Phil throughout this or his team mates NO!
      Because they have seen and heard it all before the only comment from our manager has always been "Phil is staying and he's not for sale"
      In these circumstances the person who earns the most for doing nothing is "Phil's agent" and he knew all along that he wasn't for sale and going nowhere:-) and knew it was pointless opening his mouth, so he didn't!
      We all know Phil has had a back problem before and Klopp doesn't play anyone who is less than 100% it was probably in the players interest to rest him for a couple of game s to give him a chance to recover fully. Brazil didn't start him and gave him a bit part in the matches to make sure he didn't overdo it.
      I trust our manager to do what's right for us and our players ,and while most of us couldn't run a bath lets support whatever he decides to do!
      We support the shirts the players in them change over the years so forget Booing or acting like spoilt children and do what we do best!!!!!!!!!!!
      just my opinion:-)
      YNWA

Kopite78
      Reply #2853: Sep 08, 2017 09:05:22 am
      The opposition fans will certainly boo him. We are playing away remember. They will focus on him because it was a big saga in the news and he won't fully know where he is being booed from, since I also think a minority of Liverpool fans will boo him also.

Shows what you know about know about this club.

We don't boo our own and 100% the travelling kop won't.

If the home fans boo him? Which I doubt too, why would they? They may sing a micky taking song but why would city fans boo him for his behaviour? But if they did he'd know where it was coming from because no matter what has happened hes one of us and we'd back him to f**k over their abuse or micky taking songs.

You ever been the match?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2854: Sep 08, 2017 09:26:29 am
      Shows what you know about know about this club.

We don't boo our own and 100% the travelling kop won't.

If the home fans boo him? Which I doubt too, why would they? They may sing a micky taking song but why would city fans boo him for his behaviour? But if they did he'd know where it was coming from because no matter what has happened hes one of us and we'd back him to f**k over their abuse or micky taking songs.

You ever been the match?
      "Shows what you know about this club"

You are just trying to provoke again. You can't without being psychic know that 100% of our fans won't boo him. It's impossible to predict that. You also can't know what City fans will do... this is all speculation and it won't really matter if he is booed or not. Nobody really cares, not even Coutinho himself. There are ways to disagree without trying to insult people. You should look at JDs
      reply to Don77, no insults there, he just politely disagrees.

As for doubting opposition fans booing in General

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/25/luis-suarez-barcelona-manchester-city-booing-motivated-me

Luis Suárez: ‘booing by Manchester City fans motivated me to score’

You ever been the match?

It is impossible to go to the match, it has not happened yet, but I should be the one asking you if you have ever been to a match.
      You come across as very passive aggressive and the only reason I am seeing your replies is I am not sure how to put posters on ignore.
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2017 09:45:27 am by Ribapuru »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #2855: Sep 08, 2017 10:03:13 am
      But has any comments been made by Phil throughout this or his team mates NO!

Whilst I understand what you are getting at - the elephant in the room is that he handed in a transfer request, he was playing games before the request and stopped playing games after.

the only reason I am seeing your replies is I am not sure how to put posters on ignore.

I'd imagine you've made many users try and figure it out.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2856: Sep 08, 2017 10:14:23 am

As for doubting opposition fans booing in General

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/25/luis-suarez-barcelona-manchester-city-booing-motivated-me

Luis Suárez: ‘booing by Manchester City fans motivated me to score’

You ever been the match?

It is impossible to go to the match, it has not happened yet, but I should be the one asking you if you have ever been to a match.
      You come across as very passive aggressive and the only reason I am seeing your replies is I am not sure how to put posters on ignore.

Apologies if it comes across as passive aggressive, it's more sarcastic than anything.. But bit of a trait of ours lad. ✌

As for the Suarez situation to Coutinhos, it's completely different. One was a pantomime villain type.. the other has tried to leave a rival football team.. 
      Not sure it needs explaining more but I dont want to upset you so I'll leave it at that.

Why is it impossible to go the match? I'd go if I were you, you might get the culture a bit more
      Me? Been going longer than I remember buddy.. since my grandad took me in 87
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2857: Sep 08, 2017 11:06:39 am
      haha banter!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2858: Sep 08, 2017 11:17:43 am
      Apologies if it comes across as passive aggressive, it's more sarcastic than anything.. But bit of a trait of ours lad. ✌

As for the Suarez situation to Coutinhos, it's completely different. One was a pantomime villain type.. the other has tried to leave a rival football team.. 
      Not sure it needs explaining more but I dont want to upset you so I'll leave it at that.

Why is it impossible to go the match? I'd go if I were you, you might get the culture a bit more
      Me? Been going longer than I remember buddy.. since my grandad took me in 87
      It's alright, all is well. I agree about Suarez being a pantomime villain and I hope Coutinho will get better treatment. In some ways I respect Suarez behaviour a bit more, he's upfront and if he is being a douchebag, he feels no need to hide that. Coutinho handled this in a smarmy way which I find a whole lot worse, tried to play the victim, faked a bad back and cried on TV when he was doing so well for Brazil. It was all fake, he wanted to make Liverpool look heartless by crying when the whole world was watching..... It was more pathetic than anything. 200k a week is nothing to cry about. Those poor people suffering from Hurricanes who are destroyed, lost people have something to cry about... so Coutinho has to play for Liverpool a bit longer? It is no coincidence he threw his transfer request in before the first game of the season and Barcas transfer request was before each game after. Some may not forgive, personally if I was at the game tomorrow, I wouldn't be cheering for him but I would not boo either. I'd still silent but cheer for Liverpool if he scored, not for Coutinho. Coutinho will never be the same to me again. It is good you attend games regularly.. I am not that close to Liverpool right now, next game I am likely to get to will be league cup because I am geographically closer to Leicester.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2859: Sep 08, 2017 11:26:11 am

A lot more are quite familiar with the process but couldn't be arsed.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2860: Sep 08, 2017 01:09:21 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2861: Sep 08, 2017 01:26:23 pm
      Out of the squad for tomorrow.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2862: Sep 08, 2017 02:51:02 pm
      I think he can start against Burnley when we are 3-0 up or something.

If were starting games 3-0 up why bother playing him at all, we should romp the league...

In fairness, I get the frustration and the lack of trust. But do we trust any player now, they all want to go where the money is or they will be successful. The bigger issue is not Couts - its the owners and the total lack of ambition they are showing that is going to drive away top players.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2863: Sep 08, 2017 02:58:54 pm

Think that is the right decision from Klopp.  :kop5cf8koxp6:  :)
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2017 03:19:23 pm by zz19a »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2864: Sep 08, 2017 03:07:25 pm

Would have sent out the wrong signals to just have put him back in.

This is the decision i was expecting. Slightly surprised he is not on the bench but after the summer there was no way he should be starting.

City will be very happy mind you. So on the flip side there is that old saying 'do what the opposition would least like you to do'

Klopp's decision
      Stemi23
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #2865: Sep 08, 2017 03:09:05 pm
      It's has to be a fake !....don't believe it for a second ! ...this was surely recorded a while ago and has been manipulated
      Kopite78
      Reply #2866: Sep 08, 2017 03:10:14 pm
      It's has to be a fake !....don't believe it for a second ! ...this was surely recorded a while ago and has been manipulated

:D

Ya think?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2867: Sep 08, 2017 03:10:59 pm
      Think that is the right decision from Kloff.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Kloff??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2868: Sep 08, 2017 03:12:14 pm
      Think that is the right decision from Kloff.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Put that ganga down boy, put that ganga down.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2869: Sep 08, 2017 03:58:28 pm

Don't mess with the kloff !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2870: Sep 08, 2017 06:55:11 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2871: Sep 09, 2017 07:43:16 am
      Put that ganga down boy, put that ganga down.

No mate pick it up, pick it up! Might learn to spell properly. 😉
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2872: Sep 09, 2017 10:26:35 am
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2873: Sep 09, 2017 11:48:02 am
      I don't think Klopp leaving Coutinho out is about fitness. I think Klopp and fans didn't forgive him. It's going to take a lot longer I think.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2874: Sep 09, 2017 03:34:09 pm
      I don't think Klopp leaving Coutinho out is about fitness. I think Klopp and fans didn't forgive him. It's going to take a lot longer I think.

Doubt it, he'll walk straight back in that team for the Sevilla game after that horror show today.

Quick Reply