Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 398907 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2875: Sep 09, 2017 04:47:16 pm
      Doubt it, he'll walk straight back in that team for the Sevilla game after that horror show today.

Should have been included today, would have drew a under the whole thing..

End of the day he's an employee (one of our better ones) and he's paid handsomely to be, precious fans/players feelings shouldn't come in to it, football is a result driven business and today whilst one of our better players was sitting on his hands we were getting trounced, bringing on Milner and Solanke trying to salvage something from the game whilst down to 10 men..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2876: Sep 09, 2017 08:45:54 pm
      Am I wrong in blaming Coutinho still for our draw and today's loss vs City when he could have been available? Just like the Watford match, today he would have been the difference maker, especially in the first 20 mins where we lacked control in the middle, and I am sure if we had Coutinho playing,we'd have bossed the game and had them mostly cowering and even more disjointed.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #2877: Sep 09, 2017 11:09:57 pm
      Watching that feeble free kick from emre,  shows one area we missed Phil today.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2878: Sep 10, 2017 12:43:13 pm
      Apparently our man is totally pissed off with Barca  and their half arsed, mingebag attempts to sign him and would knock back a move to the Nou Camp.
      This according to Don Balon, pinches of salt might be required with the Spanish sh*te press, or maybe not.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #2879: Sep 13, 2017 01:36:08 pm
      Anyone else hoping he starts tonight?

I agree no player is bigger than the club but why would we refuse to sell him and then not play him?

Score a goal or 2 and most is forgotten about.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2880: Sep 17, 2017 01:47:57 am
      Can't believe no one has commented on his game.

Thought he was at his brilliant best at times, seemed to not miss a beat, settled back in like he never even thought of F***ing off on us.

The cynic in me though, would say what the F**k were with those shots on goal? Three attempts into Row Z. Never seen Phil do that. In the back of my mind, I was like F**k, he's showing us how good he is on the pitch but F***ing up his shots, purposely so that we don't get the win. Just his little payback for not selling him.

See now what Money and Football have done to my thinking? I feel sick feeling this way but Torres, Suarez and Coutinho have made me feel like this.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2881: Sep 17, 2017 03:42:13 am
      Can't believe no one has commented on his game.

Thought he was at his brilliant best at times, seemed to not miss a beat, settled back in like he never even thought of f**king off on us.

The cynic in me though, would say what the f**k were with those shots on goal? Three attempts into Row Z. Never seen Phil do that. In the back of my mind, I was like f**k, he's showing us how good he is on the pitch but f**king up his shots, purposely so that we don't get the win. Just his little payback for not selling him.

See now what Money and Football have done to my thinking? I feel sick feeling this way but Torres, Suarez and Coutinho have made me feel like this.

He looked rusty to me and very predictable in the second half. You knew he was going to get the ball onto his right foot and fire straight daggers. However, like you said they were just a bit outside. He took Robo out of the game in the first half as well. All in all good to see him back, and I fully expect better performances in the next few weeks.

The underline is "Major League" reference. If any of the scousers on here haven't seen it do yourself a favor and check it out. Good American comedy, its stars pre HIV Charlie Sheen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2882: Sep 17, 2017 05:13:25 am
      He looked rusty to me and very predictable in the second half. You knew he was going to get the ball onto his right foot and fire straight daggers. However, like you said they were just a bit outside. He took Robo out of the game in the first half as well. All in all good to see him back, and I fully expect better performances in the next few weeks.

The underline is "Major League" reference. If any of the scousers on here haven't seen it do yourself a favor and check it out. Good American comedy, its stars pre HIV Charlie Sheen.

Not seen Major League, you kidding me, funny film from my childhood that!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2883: Sep 17, 2017 09:23:57 am

One of my all time favourite comedies Jobu! Have been trying to buy it on DVD for years but it is seemingly unavailable in the UK. It's a classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SQAs8mAgY

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2884: Sep 17, 2017 11:46:26 am
      One of my all time favourite comedies Jobu! Have been trying to buy it on DVD for years but it is seemingly unavailable in the UK. It's a classic.

Is there any doubt that Lovern is doing stuff like this at Melwood? Lovern is the Pedro Cerrano of Liverpool
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2885: Sep 17, 2017 02:00:22 pm

Hahaha was thinking about that scene last night were they talk Serrano out of sacrificing a live chicken :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2886: Sep 17, 2017 02:08:15 pm
      You trying to tell me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball? :D
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2887: Sep 22, 2017 06:12:55 pm
      After the summer was thinking Jürgen might show him whose boss for a bit, leave him out here/there, and maybe taking him off vs Leicester was something of a slap round the ears, cause he looked fresh and getting back his sharpness back in that 1st half. Not back to 100%, but getting there.
      OK, that might be conspiracy theorising (don't know if that's a word) but the wierdly-named-Cup is in the past, and the way this season has started, we need Coutinho more than we ever have out there on the pitch to pull our f**king trousers up by the ankles before we get fu**ed up the jacksy again.
      Mane suspended, Champerpot not hitting the mark ('yet' .. benefit of doubt), Lallana injured etc ... we REALLY need Cou influencing next few games they way we know he can...
      Would absolutely LOVE to see Cou cutting back onto his right, and curling a trademark shot into the corner. Cmon Phil !!!!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2888: Sep 23, 2017 07:39:10 pm
      Delighted to see him get his goal today. First of many hopefully ... :)
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2889: Sep 23, 2017 08:01:55 pm
      I just hope he stays beyond this season. I just hope we didn't promise him he could move after this season to calm him down or whatever. He has contract till 2022 and he's a key player.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2890: Sep 23, 2017 08:03:29 pm
      I just hope he stays beyond this season. I just hope we didn't promise him he could move after this season to calm him down or whatever. He has contract till 2022 and he's a key player.

So key that you gave Mignolet MOTM.

Makes sense
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2891: Sep 23, 2017 11:54:23 pm

Because Migs saved the game with his penalty stopper eventually. No matter what happened before and who did what not, if it was no Migs it's a draw or worse and the world would look darker.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2892: Sep 24, 2017 10:12:20 am
      'Leaked' emails suggest Coutinho would have earned £100M over 5 years at Barca. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-told-barcelona-stop-harassing-11223989

I'd be f***in raging too if my employers cost me that contract
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2893: Sep 24, 2017 01:44:37 pm
      Quality goal from a quality player.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2894: Sep 25, 2017 12:57:27 am
      Steven Gerrard has revealed Philippe Coutinho was so good in training that he told him to "stay away" from him.

The Brazilian midfielder is returning to form following his return to the Liverpool side.

Coutinho saw a move to Barcelona fail to materialise over the summer after the Anfield club refused to sell him.

The 25-year-old scored his first goal of the season in his side's 3-2 win over Leicester on Sunday.

And former Liverpool captain Gerrard, who is now a pundit on BT Sport, said: "He's impossible to defend against; when I used to train with him I’d hate it when I was on the opposition five-a-side team.

"I wouldn't go near him and sometimes i told him to keep away from me because he can embarrass you. If he stands you up he can go both ways.

"He's got such a low centre of gravity, he's so sharp, so quick and he's two or three steps ahead of defenders, he's so, so clever."

Coutinho scored Liverpool's second against the Foxes before Jürgen Klopp's men survived a late fightback - and a missed penalty - to secure a vital three points.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/steven-gerrard-reveals-told-philippe-11228583
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2895: Sep 25, 2017 04:17:25 pm
      With the way things have gone over the past few weeks do you guys still feel him leaving next summer is still a formality?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2896: Sep 25, 2017 04:24:24 pm
      Steven Gerrard has revealed Philippe Coutinho was so good in training that he told him to "stay away" from him.

The Brazilian midfielder is returning to form following his return to the Liverpool side.

Coutinho saw a move to Barcelona fail to materialise over the summer after the Anfield club refused to sell him.

The 25-year-old scored his first goal of the season in his side's 3-2 win over Leicester on Sunday.

And former Liverpool captain Gerrard, who is now a pundit on BT Sport, said: "He's impossible to defend against; when I used to train with him I’d hate it when I was on the opposition five-a-side team.

"I wouldn't go near him and sometimes i told him to keep away from me because he can embarrass you. If he stands you up he can go both ways.

"He's got such a low centre of gravity, he's so sharp, so quick and he's two or three steps ahead of defenders, he's so, so clever."

Coutinho scored Liverpool's second against the Foxes before Jürgen Klopp's men survived a late fightback - and a missed penalty - to secure a vital three points.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/steven-gerrard-reveals-told-philippe-11228583

But still not as good as Joe Cole  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2897: Sep 25, 2017 04:28:03 pm
      With the way things have gone over the past few weeks do you guys still feel him leaving next summer is still a formality?

Yip and January not out of the question......

Quick Reply