Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 399153 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #3128: Dec 28, 2017 12:18:53 pm
      I'd first buy Lozano. He's been outrageous for PSV.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3129: Dec 28, 2017 12:47:05 pm
      I think Phil will only consider staying if something special happens this season that turns his head toward his previous 'wanting to be a club legend' comments.

He destroyed everything with his behaviour in the summer, that's when he showed his true colors. I'd just use his contract as leverage to press 120 Mio. € from Barca and that's it, heck, if they call the bluff I'd sell him away for 50 Mio., still a bigtime financial win. We need to get rid of cancer players and Coutinho is cancer.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3130: Dec 28, 2017 01:09:13 pm
      He destroyed everything with his behaviour in the summer, that's when he showed his true colors. I'd just use his contract as leverage to press 120 Mio. € from Barca and that's it, heck, if they call the bluff I'd sell him away for 50 Mio., still a bigtime financial win. We need to get rid of cancer players and Coutinho is cancer.

And what's he showing now? Passion, flair? His commitment and attitude on the pitch has been outstanding.

The only cancerous thought at the club is cashing in on our best players to the modern elite. Destroying our own progress at reaching those heights again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3131: Dec 28, 2017 02:03:53 pm
      If Coutinho is cancer for requesting a transfer, then we've just contracted a terminal cancer in the form of VVD.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3132: Dec 28, 2017 02:06:45 pm
      no no no. 120m euro is not enough! 180m is okay.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3133: Dec 28, 2017 02:18:35 pm
      If Coutinho is cancer for requesting a transfer
      Thought you were about to drop the hottest verse of 2017.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3134: Dec 28, 2017 02:25:04 pm
      Haha the man is having his best season for us and yet he's "cancer" is he... Must be a benign tumour cos it's not doing us any harm at the moment!

Think he's off in the summer but with progress in the transfer market and perhaps on the pitch you never know. Much like Suarez in his last season I'm just enjoying watching him in a reds shirt while it lasts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3135: Dec 28, 2017 03:08:40 pm
      If Coutinho is cancer for requesting a transfer, then we've just contracted a terminal cancer in the form of VVD.

Nah, might have been a cancer for Soton but not for us.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3136: Dec 28, 2017 04:21:21 pm
      Coutinho is a cancer for reminding everyone about the policy to force transfers. He's giving his teammates the blueprint and the fantasy how to move. He will be the leading example for Salah to go to Real this summer, mark my words. We need to summon players who want to play faithfully for LFC or at least have the decency to do business behind the curtain.

Of course VVD is a far more severe cancer. That's why we will win either CL or PL and then collapse. We will never be a dynasty like in the 70s and 80s or like ManU under Ferguson, because all our good players will go to bigger clubs after a success. But obviously Klopp is so desperate for success that he dances with devils instead to stay patient and devlop Klavan, Lovren, TAA, Gomez, Moreno, Clyne into studs. He did it in Dortmund over 5 years. Now he tries Blitzkrieg: being competitive within 2-3 years. High risk, high reward. We'll see...if it doesn't work out I'll be here to tell you over and over again that I was right, don't u worry. :)
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3137: Dec 28, 2017 04:28:29 pm
      Coutinho will go. To pay for the world record defender fee. FSG style as always. They’ll not fork out a cent.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3138: Dec 28, 2017 04:38:14 pm
      Coutinho is a cancer for reminding everyone about the policy to force transfers. He's giving his teammates the blueprint and the fantasy how to move. He will be the leading example for Salah to go to Real this summer, mark my words. We need to summon players who want to play faithfully for LFC or at least have the decency to do business behind the curtain.

Of course VVD is a far more severe cancer. That's why we will win either CL or PL and then collapse. We will never be a dynasty like in the 70s and 80s or like ManU under Ferguson, because all our good players will go to bigger clubs after a success. But obviously Klopp is so desperate for success that he dances with devils instead to stay patient and devlop Klavan, Lovren, TAA, Gomez, Moreno, Clyne into studs. He did it in Dortmund over 5 years. Now he tries Blitzkrieg: being competitive within 2-3 years. High risk, high reward. We'll see...if it doesn't work out I'll be here to tell you over and over again that I was right, don't u worry. :)

Do you seriously believe our players and their heavily paid agents need "reminding" of how to demand a transfer? :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3139: Dec 28, 2017 04:50:25 pm
      Do you seriously believe our players and their heavily paid agents need "reminding" of how to demand a transfer? :D
      i think he is trying to say if Coutinho gets his way, other players will know Liverpool is a selling club. It's probably why Wenger never sold Sanchez. Who's going to move to a selling club?... I would make it clear to Coutinho he moves when we get a replacement. That's Lazano in winter or Keita in summer. Rather get Lazano now, because I don't want our rivals getting him.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3140: Dec 28, 2017 04:55:02 pm

VVD did similar at Saints, as Cou is to us, so we really can't be hypocritical about it and cry foul as well as reap the reward.
      I don't like how players weasel their way out of clubs, but guys were doing it before Cou, and will be after, until something is done (what, I don't know).
      Maybe that is what you were saying though, not sure.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3141: Dec 28, 2017 04:56:59 pm
      Coutinho will go. To pay for the world record defender fee. FSG style as always. They’ll not fork out a cent.

Remind me of the big players we've sold in the last 2 years to fund the £275 million we've spent in that time?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3142: Dec 28, 2017 04:57:10 pm
      VVD did similar at Saints, as Cou is to us, so we really can't be hypocritical about it and cry foul as well as reap the reward.
      I don't like how players weasel their way out of clubs, but guys were doing it before Cou, and will be after, until something is done (what, I don't know).
      Maybe that is what you were saying though, not sure.

Agreed, you can't encourage a player at one club to play up then complain if it happens on your own doorstep
      Kopite78
      Reply #3143: Dec 28, 2017 05:04:54 pm
      . Who's going to move to a selling club?...

Who's going to move to a club who won't let them move on again?

For example, the next Coutinho becomes available, we are in for them, but we have made a stance of not allowing them to move on if they want. Do you think he or his agent will be more comfortable with a move to a club who would potentially allow the to move to somewhere they feel the next level or where they want to play eventually 3-4 years down the line or somewhere who won't let them leave?

It's the same with VVD with Southampton, they couldnt ultimately stand in his way of this move because their business model is that they are a stepping stone club, where a player moves to enhance their reputation before getting their 'big' move. If they did then the next VVD or Clyne or Lovren or whoever may think we'll I'll go to somewhere else because Southampton cause you issues with the next move.

The idea of a player not wanting to move to a 'selling club' would be a ludicrous one if it wasn't you who posted it, because that makes it understandable.
      Players nowadays will always get the moves they want, all clubs are 'selling clubs'...
      Neymar left Barca
      Utd sold Ronaldo
      Arsenal sold van persie to a rival
      Arsenal sold Henry
      We sold Suarez/Torres
      The list of examples of selling clubs is endless

All clubs are selling clubs in that extent, players will move to them every day over a club who blocks moves
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3144: Dec 28, 2017 06:09:38 pm
      Remind me of the big players we've sold in the last 2 years to fund the £275 million we've spent in that time?

There has always been a player sale of over £25m every year to offset our spending and to balance the books.

Sahko £26m
      Benteke £27m
      Sterling £35m
      Suarez £65m

Also do note that we were able to spend more because we went from no CL to CL this year. It may have swayed the funding in some way. In any case, the money has to come from somewhere.

Some are just hoping FSG bankrolls the club. I think otherwise. £130m for Coutinho? I’ll take it in a heartbeat. Maybe others would sell Coutinho at £500m, £1b, £2b? At a certain price, a deal would be struck. £130m for me. You may have a different price point.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3145: Dec 28, 2017 06:14:40 pm

F**k off Muppet, another doom & gloom merchant, its kunts like you that drag the club down, why don't you F**k off to woodison and support Neverton, you'll fit right in !!

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3146: Dec 28, 2017 06:22:43 pm

"devlop Klavan, Lovren"

The stench of WUM from this post.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3147: Dec 28, 2017 06:27:11 pm
      FairPlay to the lad for knuckling down and putting in shift, could have gone the other way like Sanchez by throwing out his toys etc etc..

Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #3148: Dec 28, 2017 06:36:02 pm
      The best players are like hot women. Even when they make angry you tend to forgive them.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3149: Dec 29, 2017 03:03:06 am
      There has always been a player sale of over £25m every year to offset our spending and to balance the books.

Sahko £26m
      Benteke £27m
      Sterling £35m
      Suarez £65m

Also do note that we were able to spend more because we went from no CL to CL this year. It may have swayed the funding in some way. In any case, the money has to come from somewhere.

Some are just hoping FSG bankrolls the club. I think otherwise. £130m for Coutinho? I’ll take it in a heartbeat. Maybe others would sell Coutinho at £500m, £1b, £2b? At a certain price, a deal would be struck. £130m for me. You may have a different price point.

Apart from Suarez everyone was happy with the sale of the rest through.

Phil being sold for £130m... good money but we have no reason to accept since we don't need the cash in my eyes.

If he hands in a transfer request maybe it's a different case though
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3150: Dec 29, 2017 04:03:03 am

F**k off Muppet, another doom & gloom merchant, its kunts like you that drag the club down, why don't you f**k off to woodison and support Neverton, you'll fit right in !!

YNWA

To the contrary. It's guys like you who accept behaviour like that from Coutinho that are the merchant souls. You low sc*ms would make Anfield a "Disney stadium" if it brought you the money for titles and glories. If Glazer did come to you in the 90s instead to the ManUres you would have taken his money in a heart beat. No honor = no right to complain, just bend over.

Quick Reply