Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 398997 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #3151: Dec 29, 2017 07:17:34 am
      Coutinho is a cancer for reminding everyone about the policy to force transfers. He's giving his teammates the blueprint and the fantasy how to move. He will be the leading example for Salah to go to Real this summer, mark my words. We need to summon players who want to play faithfully for LFC or at least have the decency to do business behind the curtain.

Of course VVD is a far more severe cancer. That's why we will win either CL or PL and then collapse. We will never be a dynasty like in the 70s and 80s or like ManU under Ferguson, because all our good players will go to bigger clubs after a success. But obviously Klopp is so desperate for success that he dances with devils instead to stay patient and devlop Klavan, Lovren, TAA, Gomez, Moreno, Clyne into studs. He did it in Dortmund over 5 years. Now he tries Blitzkrieg: being competitive within 2-3 years. High risk, high reward. We'll see...if it doesn't work out I'll be here to tell you over and over again that I was right, don't u worry. :)

OMG, what a drama queen. Nowadays, every player has the power to move and I agree with it because it is a job. I would be fuming if my school did not let move to another school for a better salary or ambition. I'm not saying I'm alright with it but I agree that is the way  forward.

We not living in the 70s or 80s everything changes and Liverpool fans need to change as well. We need be realistic and know that we need to try and get out of it every penny and then spend it wisely!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3152: Dec 29, 2017 08:26:29 am
      OMG, what a drama queen. Nowadays,

With that attitude one can justify anything. But there are limits or better: there should be limits.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3153: Dec 29, 2017 08:43:28 am
      He has been professional thats for sure. Don't think he should wear the captains armband in hendo and milners absence though but maybe that's just me.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3154: Dec 29, 2017 11:07:30 am
      He has been professional thats for sure. Don't think he should wear the captains armband in hendo and milners absence though but maybe that's just me.

That sums it up. This rant is not against Coutinho - he does what everyone does - it is against the new football capitalism and fans that basically bend over.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3155: Dec 29, 2017 11:14:21 am
      There has always been a player sale of over £25m every year to offset our spending and to balance the books.

Sahko £26m
      Benteke £27m
      Sterling £35m
      Suarez £65m

Also do note that we were able to spend more because we went from no CL to CL this year. It may have swayed the funding in some way. In any case, the money has to come from somewhere.

Some are just hoping FSG bankrolls the club. I think otherwise. £130m for Coutinho? I’ll take it in a heartbeat. Maybe others would sell Coutinho at £500m, £1b, £2b? At a certain price, a deal would be struck. £130m for me. You may have a different price point.

Sakho and Benteke ah yes pivotal players for us who were sold against the wishes of the manager, oh ermm hang on!!
      Suarez wanted to leave as did Sterling, both would have refused to play or been highly disruptive if we had forced them to say.

In any case none of those examples were us cashing in on players. 2 we wanted to sell as they were not part of the managers plans, BTW I assume that is acceptable, and 2 wanted to leave despite our best efforts at convincing them to stay.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #3156: Dec 29, 2017 11:58:43 am
      With that attitude one can justify anything. But there are limits or better: there should be limits.

We're talking about players, jobs then yes I would justify anything because they have their rights to do what they feel is best for them. The club has the right to yes no as well, as what happened in the Summer.

Coutinho is playing brilliantly with the right attitude as well. He has to if he wants to play in the World Cup and show the World what he is made of. Or else he would be sitting on the bench and being replaced with another player.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #3157: Dec 29, 2017 03:09:54 pm
      Coutinho is a cancer for reminding everyone about the policy to force transfers. He's giving his teammates the blueprint and the fantasy how to move. He will be the leading example for Salah to go to Real this summer, mark my words. We need to summon players who want to play faithfully for LFC or at least have the decency to do business behind the curtain.

Of course VVD is a far more severe cancer. That's why we will win either CL or PL and then collapse. We will never be a dynasty like in the 70s and 80s or like ManU under Ferguson, because all our good players will go to bigger clubs after a success. But obviously Klopp is so desperate for success that he dances with devils instead to stay patient and devlop Klavan, Lovren, TAA, Gomez, Moreno, Clyne into studs. He did it in Dortmund over 5 years. Now he tries Blitzkrieg: being competitive within 2-3 years. High risk, high reward. We'll see...if it doesn't work out I'll be here to tell you over and over again that I was right, don't u worry. :)

I don't begrudge Couts for requesting transfer to Barca. Let's take our rose tinted glasses off. Barca are a dream to play for, especially for South American players. They've been winning CL and league for the best part of last 15 years, so a player like Couts having the ambition to play for them shouldn't be vilified. He hasn't provided any blue print whatsoever, the transfer system is what it is and any player can do it.

The days of lifelong service to a club are over. Sad but it's a global trend. Stevie was the last truly loyal lad, so let's not judge every player on this merit.

If he leaves in summer, which is likely, I would bid farewell to him and thank him for years of service and lighting up Anfield with some dazzling football. He helped us get into CL and helped make us a joy to watch again. Not only that, despite the turbulence of transfer saga of summer, he's come back with a stellar attitude, having one of his best seasons of his career.

And what's this having a go at Klopp about developing players? He's been brave and fully justified so far in bringing youngsters like Trent Arnold, Robertson and Gomez into first team football, and changed our brand of football to one that's a joy to watch. Are you even an LFC fan...I question.

Tired of the old "if he doesn't want to play for us, he can f*** off the disloyal so and so" argument. The lad's been giving it 100% year in year out for us, so the least we can do is thank him, not vilify him for having ambition.

What we can do is get behind the team and Klopp so we can be a regular CL team and keep building to be back on top so we become a destination, not a part of the journey for players. Couts has certainly played his part so far.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3158: Dec 30, 2017 05:02:56 pm
      I hope that's not the last time we see Phillipe in a Liverpool shirt. Certainly didn't feel that way when he came off or when he celebrated Salah's second.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3159: Dec 31, 2017 12:02:07 pm
      As much as I love watching Cou play, and as excellent as he is going forward, have been pretty disappointed with how he's gone missing in the latter stages of the Arse and Leicester games.
      Tbh, when Salah went off yest, thought it should've been Cou that went for Gini, we were under the cosh a bit, and guys were waltzing past Phil.

Not sure where things are at with the Barca transfer, but when you look at the great players, you expect them to show and have most impact on the game when the chips are down. As brilliant as Phil is technically, that's something I think he still has yet to show - that in a side on the back foot with the game slipping away, he can be the one to swing it back.
      Obviously am judging here by the highest standards, and by the huge price tag being bandied around for him. I reckon I have Phil as MOTM more than anyone else in a Red shirt.
      In saying all that, how mouth watering would a front line of Messi/Suarez/Coutinho be.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3160: Dec 31, 2017 01:42:19 pm
      I'm genuinely worried. If this is a mistake or Barca playing more games, they should be reported.

I have a bad feeling about this. There is a disturbance at the club, and it has shown the few days prior to this.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3161: Dec 31, 2017 01:51:17 pm

. There is a disturbance at the club, and it has shown the few days prior to this.

What's that now Yoda?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #3162: Dec 31, 2017 02:24:33 pm

Nike's online store has an offer to have Coutinho's name on their shirt free of charge for the first week of January.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3163: Dec 31, 2017 02:26:03 pm

I felt a great disturbance during Klopp's interview yesterday (or the day before) regarding Coutinho. He was very coy.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #3164: Dec 31, 2017 02:27:37 pm
      I felt a great disturbance during Klopp's interview yesterday (or the day before) regarding Coutinho. He was very coy.

To be honest, he should be. Nothing is guaranteed.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3165: Dec 31, 2017 02:29:26 pm
      I’m feeling a great disturbance after that breakfast I ate this morning.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #3166: Dec 31, 2017 03:58:17 pm
      If we come out guns blazing and sue Nike or report barca then there has been no deal.
      if we just come out and say, cou is our player and don't take any action then a deal has been done.
      anyway can't see cou leave in Jan, if that is the case then that's pretty fu**ed up by barca to try to mess our season.
      Would love us to talk to real and psg. Say what barca have offered and try to offload cou to them rather then barca.
      No we are not winning the league, nor do I think we gonna win the CL but we are still trying to achieve what we can.

Barca doing this middle of the season is pretty fu**ed up.
      it isn't about cou, it's about the disrespect.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #3167: Dec 31, 2017 11:25:30 pm
      What is the point of buying VvD when the club is contemplating selling Coutinho?
      I don’t understand what we would actually gain (other than money) because it doesn’t make the team any stronger it causes more problems that need solving. Like buying a new creative midfielder when we already have a world class one.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3168: Dec 31, 2017 11:44:36 pm
      I read that because of the Nike thing, Liverpool will only sell for an astronomical amount. It's likely to be above 160m. It's not gone unnoticed.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3169: Jan 01, 2018 05:23:16 pm
      Nike's online store has an offer to have Coutinho's name on their shirt free of charge for the first week of January.
      Wouldn't like to be in there shoes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3170: Jan 01, 2018 05:34:57 pm
      I read that because of the Nike thing, Liverpool will only sell for an astronomical amount. It's likely to be above 160m. It's not gone unnoticed.

Where did you see that?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3171: Jan 01, 2018 05:39:01 pm
      Telegraph. Only downside is they didn't provide a quote. They didn't say a figure, that was an estimate from me.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/31/has-philippe-coutinho-signed-barcelona-nike-make-bizarre-kit
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3172: Jan 01, 2018 05:39:55 pm

From this tweet, I went to ESPN Brasil, and then to the Torygraph.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/947818085767106560
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3173: Jan 01, 2018 05:41:53 pm
      Telegraph. Only downside is they didn't provide a quote. They didn't say a figure, that was an estimate from me.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/31/has-philippe-coutinho-signed-barcelona-nike-make-bizarre-kit

Ta.

Quick Reply