Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 399002 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #3174: Jan 02, 2018 09:18:13 am
      We don't know what's going on behind the curtain. Could be the typical Trallallallalla of negotiations. Every side tries to get and use any piece of information to get some leverage over the other side. But for me it looks more like a done deal for around 130-150 Mio. €, effective in the summer of 2018. And those fellas from Nike just pre-jumped it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #3175: Jan 02, 2018 11:39:48 am
      A very reliable source of mine on the streets of Liverpool tells me the little fella had his leaving doo last night in The Titanic down in the city centre  :f_wah:
      I really hope my source is wrong..
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3176: Jan 02, 2018 11:49:31 am
      A very reliable source of mine on the streets of Liverpool tells me the little fella had his leaving doo last night in The Titanic down in the city centre  :f_wah:
      That’s ironic considering he is about to join a sinking ship.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3177: Jan 02, 2018 11:55:41 am

Easy gag but that narrative is a bit tired re Barca mate.

They’re flying in La Liga.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #3178: Jan 02, 2018 11:59:52 am

Ha...Thought that myself ConzS when I was typing.
      Pretty luxurious gaff though http://www.titanichotelliverpool.com/
      Ah well, I suppose we all knew it was coming... bit like the Iceberg  :f_whistle:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3179: Jan 02, 2018 12:04:45 pm
      Easy gag but that narrative is a bit tired re Barca mate.

They’re flying in La Liga.
      Ha...Thought that myself ConzS when I was typing.
      Couldn’t resist.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3180: Jan 02, 2018 05:35:16 pm

I have a bad feeling about this. There is a disturbance at the club, and it has shown the few days prior to this.

This has got a distinctly Star Wars feel to it! Yoda??

luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #3181: Jan 02, 2018 06:17:29 pm
      I see he has come down with another case of transfertitus. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #3182: Jan 02, 2018 06:51:53 pm

Heard about that earlier but was told it was a players new years party not Phil's leaving do
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #3183: Jan 02, 2018 08:18:57 pm
      Heard about that earlier but was told it was a players new years party not Phil's leaving do

I really hope it was the players NY's party K78..
      Having a full on leaving party in the city centre is not exactly discreet is it? especially half way through the season while we're on a 16 match unbeaten run..
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #3184: Jan 02, 2018 08:35:19 pm
      With a clause in the contract saying he doesn’t play when the transfer window is open
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3185: Jan 06, 2018 07:05:19 pm
      Quote from: Liverpool FC
      Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement regarding the future of Philippe Coutinho.

Liverpool FC can confirm Philippe Coutinho will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona, subject to medical and agreement of personal terms.

The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities to conclude the transfer immediately.

Link
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Reply #3186: Jan 06, 2018 07:08:08 pm
      That’s a pretty clinical statement.

Reads like “now F**k off turd”
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3187: Jan 06, 2018 07:09:24 pm

5 and a half year deal and a 400m release clause. And more places reporting he paid money out of his own pocket for the transfer. I don't even understand why that's necessary or how he can do that. Either way, he's a Judas. He's dead to me.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #3188: Jan 06, 2018 07:09:31 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3189: Jan 06, 2018 07:14:24 pm

It was a leaving party. From a member of  staff that worked it. No doubt it will have been booked and spoke of as a New Years party but it wasn't.

This is a joke of a transfer on our part. Suits absolutely everybody and everything involved besides that small matter of our current 'on the pitch' capabilities.

But hey, f**k it, we win more without him than we do with him don't you know?

I'll give it an hour before the Klopp statements are reeled out by the club's PR machine so we all agree with everything he says and that because if he talks about it it's all okay.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3190: Jan 06, 2018 07:19:50 pm

On his way to the airport today, says a 1000 words really.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #3191: Jan 06, 2018 07:32:44 pm
      I'll give it an hour before the Klopp statements are reeled out by the club's PR machine so we all agree with everything he says and that because if he talks about it it's all okay.

Ha haa F***ing hell that was quick.

He's already 'offered' his reaction..

Honestly, the way these F***ing dickheads patronise this fan base disgusts me.

Jürgen Klopp on Philippe Coutinho transfer

date Icon 6th January 2018
      Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

“It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

“Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

“I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

“Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

“The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

“Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

“Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

“I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

“So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3192: Jan 06, 2018 07:33:03 pm
      In the end I think he didn't like the weather, harder play in the PL and his wife/gf might have b*tched about having no friends and stuff. It wasn't about money, it was about things you cannot buy.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3193: Jan 06, 2018 07:34:40 pm
      Hope he rots/struggles at Barca and ends up like how Torres did for Chelsea.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3194: Jan 06, 2018 07:39:53 pm
      Am not sure if there was any other motive behind it, but, Klopp could have avoided the statements on how its a minor injury and that Coutinho would be available for the City game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #3195: Jan 06, 2018 07:42:50 pm
      In the end I think he didn't like the weather, harder play in the PL and his wife/gf might have b*tched about having no friends and stuff. It wasn't about money, it was about things you cannot buy.

Yeah like a ready made replacement in January that can do what he could do.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about where Coutinho, his wife or his kids want to be. Neither should the club have. He wouldn't have downed tools on a run up to a World Cup so we should have said for now, no.

Instead, what we've done is sh*t ourselves after spending on VVD and trundled out some sh*te about us doing our best to keep him but he said he didn't want to stay.

What he wanted to happen and what actually happened was down to the club.

I don't care if the move to Barca may have fu**ed up if it wasn't now. I care as much about his future away from this club as he does about me and my family.

All I care about is this club moving forward on the pitch and I just wish that the powers that be cared as much about that, too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #3196: Jan 06, 2018 07:47:23 pm
      Am not sure if there was any other motive behind it, but, Klopp could have avoided the statements on how its a minor injury and that Coutinho would be available for the City game.

Either he was being as patronising to us as his employers are or he didn't think we'd sell.

Either way it's a load of sh*te.

Quick Reply