Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 399001 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Reply #3450: Apr 11, 2018 12:47:06 am
      We should close this thread  and delete it, thereby erasing all traces of him being connected to this club.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3451: Apr 11, 2018 09:16:22 pm
      Hearing the little b***ard might get a champions league medal if we win. If he has any pride, he’ll turn in down when we lift that trophy next month.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #3452: Apr 11, 2018 09:19:37 pm
      Hearing the little b***ard might get a champions league medal if we win. If he has any pride, he’ll turn in down when we lift that trophy next month.

I had heard it's up to the club who gets the medals. Not sure
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3453: Jun 12, 2018 11:55:35 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3454: Dec 24, 2018 01:52:37 pm
      He is struggling this season, and there are some fans getting frustrated and want him sold... rofl.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3455: Dec 24, 2018 02:03:58 pm
      He is struggling this season, and there are some fans getting frustrated and want him sold... rofl.

I would take him back
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3456: Dec 24, 2018 02:04:20 pm
      £70m in 100 year instalments
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3457: Dec 24, 2018 03:08:04 pm

I don't, even Shaq has hit more goals than Coutinho this season. He wanted to leave, let him rot at Barca now.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #3458: Dec 24, 2018 03:48:28 pm
      I don't, even Shaq has hit more goals than Coutinho this season. He wanted to leave, let him rot at Barca now.

still a quality player mate, might redeem himself if we get him back.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3459: Dec 24, 2018 03:49:33 pm

I’m obviously happy that it’s not working out for him due to the way he engineered the move.

However we can’t forget the quality he brought to the team and Klopp is such a good manager that he’ll make it work.

It’s never ever going to happen but I’m just saying I would have him back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3460: Dec 24, 2018 04:19:48 pm
      still a quality player mate, might redeem himself if we get him back.

Attitude is all wrong though, he'd have to come out with a big Mia Culpe to have any chance and I actually think we are a better team without him.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3461: Dec 24, 2018 04:24:47 pm
      I’m obviously happy that it’s not working out for him due to the way he engineered the move.

However we can’t forget the quality he brought to the team and Klopp is such a good manager that he’ll make it work.

It’s never ever going to happen but I’m just saying I would have him back.

This was a disappointing post to read. With that F**k face quitting on the team and doing what he did to force his move, that people are willing to say "eh, no big deal, i want him back" is disappointing. Spineless.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3462: Dec 24, 2018 04:26:42 pm
      This was a disappointing post to read. With that f**k face quitting on the team and doing what he did to force his move, that people are willing to say "eh, no big deal, i want him back" is disappointing. Spineless.

Like I said - I was gutted with the way he handle it. But we’ve all been cu*ts in our lifetime (I know I have).

He’s South American, Barcelona is the pinnacle for players from that part of the world so I wasn’t surprised in the end.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3463: Dec 25, 2018 02:41:44 am

Thank you, glad someone else sees it this way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3464: Dec 25, 2018 06:57:39 am
      We’ve gotten better since his departure, we were far too reliant on him at times and the money from his sale has helped us no end. The second he left it was almost like a sense of relief, he’s a quality player but he thought he was bigger than the club. He faked injury, handed in transfer requests less than 24 hours before the season started. He can stay at Barca, like so many of the others that have left us, will find out the grass isn’t always greener.

He’s not a Barca type player, he needs a team to be built around him but he’s never going to get that in Spain. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him head to PSG within the next couple of years.
      Cesc wanted his dream move back to Barca and was all done in a similar way to Coutinho - players getting involved and essentially trying to tap him up. The fairytale didn’t last long though and he was soon angling for a move back to England.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #3465: Dec 25, 2018 07:48:36 am
      I blame Neymar for everything if I have to blame someone, He was at a club that was tailor made for him but somehow was blinded to see that, When he forced his move to PSG it created a domino effect, Neymar to PSG resulted on Coutinho to barca which made us by Van Dijk. But in the end its us who benefited from everything that happened.

So my point was if Neymar was still at Barca they may not have broken there banks to get Coutinho and we could have held on to him and brought in Van Dijk, lifted the Champions league. Let me stop here :cool-smiley-027: they say there is no if's and but's in life so I rest my case, Merry Christmas Reds :hug:.   
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #3466: Dec 25, 2018 12:14:40 pm
      Would never want this rat back. Shaq is better player!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3467: Dec 25, 2018 01:25:44 pm
      This was a disappointing post to read. With that F**k face quitting on the team and doing what he did to force his move, that people are willing to say "eh, no big deal, i want him back" is disappointing. Spineless.

Same with Suarez.

F**k 'em
      Pair of cu*ts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3468: Dec 25, 2018 01:34:28 pm
      the very idea of player loyalty has gone for good and any player for me is welcome as long as they improve the team.
      They come and go now on a whim and get paid amounts of money us mortals can only dream of.
      I cant get excited about players loyalties any longer they just let you down in the end.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3469: Dec 25, 2018 01:45:46 pm
      Barcelona fans don't rate Coutinho, can't imagine he'll be there in two years. He's a 60m player at best, Barcelona got well shafted. Dembele is higher rated and they were trying to flog him off before.

This article days it all.

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bad-news-phillipe-coutinho-barcelona-13748081.amp

Shaqiri is an upgrade in my opinion as well. Coutinho is too attack minded to play in the middle but doesn't score enough as a forward. It's why he can't fit in at Barca and why we did better after he went.
      « Last Edit: Dec 25, 2018 01:51:43 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3470: Dec 25, 2018 02:34:28 pm
      Shaqiri isn’t a better player in my opinion.

He is however our player and wants to be here and that’s far more worthy of consideration than Coutinho.
      +11
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3471: Dec 25, 2018 02:41:26 pm
      Barcelona fans don't rate Coutinho, can't imagine he'll be there in two years. He's a 60m player at best, Barcelona got well shafted. Dembele is higher rated and they were trying to flog him off before.

This article days it all.

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bad-news-phillipe-coutinho-barcelona-13748081.amp

Shaqiri is an upgrade in my opinion as well. Coutinho is too attack minded to play in the middle but doesn't score enough as a forward. It's why he can't fit in at Barca and why we did better after he went.

Would not take too much notice of most barca fans.a lot of those forums and social media are spotty ignorant virgins who kknw nothing about football and have been utterly spolit by the last 10 years or so
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3472: Dec 25, 2018 02:42:03 pm
      Shaqiri isn’t a better player in my opinion.

He is however our player and wants to be here and that’s far more worthy of consideration than Coutinho.

This - Shaqiri is loving life in the prem with us.

Coutinho is the superior player though.

Quick Reply