Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 399012 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Reply #3473: Dec 25, 2018 03:03:39 pm
      Coutinho made his bed he can sh*t in it every week!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3474: Dec 25, 2018 06:27:10 pm
      still a quality player mate, might redeem himself if we get him back.

Nothing to do with that for me, it's the sum of the parts and currently I don't want anything disrupting our current league run. Tbh those thinking he'll be coming back are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Just Saying!
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #3475: Dec 25, 2018 07:14:58 pm
      the very idea of player loyalty has gone for good and any player for me is welcome as long as they improve the team.
      They come and go now on a whim and get paid amounts of money us mortals can only dream of.
      I cant get excited about players loyalties any longer they just let you down in the end.

Amen. Football (not just since yesterday) is like a whore: it's all fake, it's all show, players/coaches are just merchants. That's what makes it so hard to stay a true football fan as an adult when you see the business you don't see when you are young and naive. On the other side the fakeness holds for all sports, so why not have some good time with football? That explains why the atmosphere in stadiums lacks more and more and why people treat football like a blockbuster movie more and more.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3476: Dec 25, 2018 10:33:21 pm
      He's never coming back. How did this all start in the first place?

Someone putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #3477: Dec 25, 2018 10:44:33 pm
      Nothing to do with that for me, it's the sum of the parts and currently I don't want anything disrupting our current league run. Tbh those thinking he'll be coming back are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Just Saying!

I think the ship has sailed for coutinho anyways, but he will always be a quality player who didn't realize his potential at our club. That being said, I wouldn't mind having him back ''if'' it ever happens because he will always be a great option to have and improve our play in the final third.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #3478: Dec 26, 2018 03:00:39 pm
      the very idea of player loyalty has gone for good and any player for me is welcome as long as they improve the team.
      They come and go now on a whim and get paid amounts of money us mortals can only dream of.
      I cant get excited about players loyalties any longer they just let you down in the end.

Good post. That fact is reflected by the decreasing atmosphere in stadiums. Football chose money over passion a long time ago. Kind of sad but which sport is different? It's all fake nowadays, but I guess it's the same like with women: you still go to the whore despite knowing she's not for real...for entertainment and because the rest is not that different anyway.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #3479: Dec 28, 2018 09:28:21 am
      This - Shaqiri is loving life in the prem with us.

Coutinho is the superior player though.

if Shaq just practiced putting the ball into the top right of the net from the left edge of the box, he would be every bit as good
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3480: Dec 28, 2018 10:09:22 am

if Shaq just practiced putting the ball into the top right of the net from the left edge of the box, he would be every bit as good

Shaqiri has already scored 6 goals and only started a handful of games I think Couthino score 14 or 15 in his best season I can see Shaq getting more than that if he plays and he has assists to his name also.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3481: Dec 28, 2018 11:08:26 am
      Nah...not feeling it player..

Happy with what we got in return & how we have progressed....
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3482: Dec 28, 2018 11:28:38 am
      Coutinho ??? seem to remember him from the distant past. Obviously not missed !
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3483: Dec 28, 2018 12:00:28 pm
      It's the Michael Owen's gone to Madrid, coming back in January/July conundrum.

Owen was sold for £8m.

Real wanted double (£16m) for a back-up player (and I may be wrong, he was their top scorer that season).

In the end, it was all a bit unrequited flirtation with fantasy. He watched Thommo bang on the glass behind him in the punditry box in Istanbul, he went to Newcastle for the £16m.

In this current market, £130m+ will translate to... around the same figure to bring him back?

Will it happen? No. Is he good enough to still get in the side? Yes.

It's a similar tale, except he will end up at PSG with Neymar in the summer. And they'll probably pay around the same figure that he was sold for.

In the end: he's just another good player who went through another traumatic divorce with us - who thought the grass was greener.

Look forward to his return to Anfield in opposition colours, so he can feel the full effect. Just as Owen did when we lifted the European Cup, sat in a suit.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3484: Dec 28, 2018 12:36:33 pm
      I'd feel disgusted seeing him wear a premier league medal. F**k him.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #3485: Dec 28, 2018 07:50:28 pm
      The only way we should consider taking him back is if he admits at a press conference while still a Barca player that he made the biggest mistake in his life when he allowed joining  Barca to turn his head, and that if he had the choice again that he would have stayed a LFC player for life
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2018 09:05:58 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3486: Dec 31, 2018 09:50:26 am
      The only way we should consider taking him back is if he admits at a press conference while still a Barca player that he made the biggest mistake in his life when he allowed joining  Barca to turn his head, and that if he had the choice again that he would have stayed a LFC player for life
      Why? He doesn't fit our system. He doesn't offer anything defensively in the midfield. Even Shaqiri picks up more loose balls than Coutinho. He'd be too expensive as cover for our front 3. There's no way he'd get into our starting line up, he just doesn't score enough as a forward. Coutinho needs to be at a club that uses a number 10. That's not Barcelona or Liverpool, so he needs to go somewhere that people will build around him. Below wouldn't happen even if Coutinho were here.

Salah               Bobby

Coutinho

If we wanted a number 10 we got Shaqiri now. Coutinho is getting the problem I said he would, not strong enough defensively to be a midfielder and not enough goals as a forward, but as a number 10 he would get in any team that plays that system, but not many teams use a number 10.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3487: Jan 01, 2019 12:43:25 am
      It’s not going to happen, or at least Id be shocked if it did. Putting to one side whether people would or would not like to see him return, he’d cost far too much. We aren’t going to pay over 100mill to bring back a player that wanted out so badly and that we’ve massively improved by not having in the team anymore.
      The only viable option for him to return is if it’s on a 2 year loan with view to buy for around 60mil. Which I doubt is likely.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3488: Jan 01, 2019 04:54:20 pm
      It’s not going to happen, or at least Id be shocked if it did. Putting to one side whether people would or would not like to see him return, he’d cost far too much. We aren’t going to pay over 100mill to bring back a player that wanted out so badly and that we’ve massively improved by not having in the team anymore.
      The only viable option for him to return is if it’s on a 2 year loan with view to buy for around 60mil. Which I doubt is likely.
      60m is a fair evaluation for him. He's massively overpriced.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3489: Jan 07, 2019 02:15:14 pm
      Wel, well, well..

Liverpool FC can always find another Coutinho. But, Coutinho will never find another Liverpool FC. Period.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3490: Jan 07, 2019 04:27:01 pm
      Wel, well, well..

Liverpool FC can always find another Coutinho. But, Coutinho will never find another Liverpool FC. Period.

Even if we took him back, where exactly would he play? I suppose he could rotate with Mane and/or Salah.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3491: Jan 07, 2019 04:51:33 pm
      Some media sh*te about the mancs being interested, good luck with that one.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3492: Jan 07, 2019 04:54:17 pm
      F***ing Judas, along with Owen
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3493: Jan 07, 2019 04:59:28 pm
      Tbh I don’t care.

Playing for That shower isn’t worse than faking a back injury and refusing to play for us.

F**k him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3494: Jan 07, 2019 05:01:14 pm
      we are apparently due another windfall if they sell him .
      I feel for him a lesson learned grass isn't always greener on the otherside
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3495: Jan 07, 2019 05:03:34 pm

Quick Reply