Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. A point at the Emirates, who was your man of the match?

Luis Suarez
      19 (17.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      25 (23.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      47 (44.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      10 (9.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      2 (1.9%)
      Someone else?
      3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 39999 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Re: Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #943: Jan 31, 2013 10:43:14 pm
      Don't usually compliment the opposition in the match thread, but Wilshere was class yet again. Going to be some player in a couple of years.

Chats, I appreciate your opinion, just don't see where you, and a few more are coming from. I don't rate wilshire. Think he's a lazy player, to fond of mouthing of at others, when he strolls through games with poor work rate himself.  All left footed, forced on his right, he's hopeless. Shows little sparks of quality but very poor contribution to a whole match.  from what i've seen, easily marked out of games as well. Certainly not a top drawer player, and not destined to be either. I've a feeling he will slowly go down the pecking order at the arse, and become a bit part player before too long. Sorry, just my opinion, could be wrong, but certainly not a player I'd be keen on coming to the Pool.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #944: Jan 31, 2013 10:45:15 pm
      Wilshere?

The lad was invisible a bit like Downing the only time I recall seeing him in the picture was when he blatantly dived to get a foul of Lucas and when he took the free kick for Giroud's goal.

The tempo in Arsenal's midfield was set by Cazorla.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #945: Feb 01, 2013 08:15:42 am
      Wilshere?

The lad was invisible a bit like Downing
      the only time I recall seeing him in the picture was when he blatantly dived to get a foul of Lucas and when he took the free kick for Giroud's goal.

:lmao: And you're the lad said of me, "wow, the ignorance of some people on here amazes me". Wilshire "invisible" the other night, you really couldn't make it up.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #946: Feb 01, 2013 08:33:21 am
      Wilshere?

The lad was invisible a bit like Downing the only time I recall seeing him in the picture was when he blatantly dived to get a foul of Lucas and when he took the free kick for Giroud's goal.

Completely agree. Cazorla played well. On one or two occasions i noticed wilshere stealing ball from Gerrard though.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #947: Feb 01, 2013 08:51:02 am
       Guys, honestyly? really? You think Wilshire was "invisible"? Try and watch the game again, just watch him this time. I don't know what else to say really. You're not on a wind up are you?
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #948: Feb 01, 2013 09:12:16 am
      I agree...Wilshire basically had Lucas and Gerrard in his pocket for most of the match. Cazorla on the other hand was fairly quiet and so was Ramsey.
      I must have been watching a different game.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #949: Feb 01, 2013 09:33:36 am
      I'd go to the opposite extreme and say we made Wilshere look good.

Once we dropped deeper into our own half and allowed Arsenal's midfield time and space on the ball they looked a lot better for it and started to dictate the game, when we were pressing them, they looked rattled and were giving away possession cheaply.

Wilshere and co did not win the midfield battle and earn the right to dictate the game, we dropped off them to try and protect a lead and allowed them all the time and space in the world, its quite a difference.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #950: Feb 01, 2013 09:40:38 am
      Agreed. Dont you find it annoying though, that our team who have now had 2/3 managers who focus on technical ability, still have a problem in moving the ball around the field quicker when being pressed.
      Just watch Henderson when he gets the ball in open space and someone presses, he immediately looks for a pass backward, same with Wisdom, Sterling and Downing. I expect that from Lucas as our deep lying midfielder and wont blame defenders for it, but our attacking midfielders??

Anyways, Arsenal were the home team and they came on strong second half... my only concern is "do we have it in us to comeback?"
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #951: Feb 01, 2013 08:06:15 pm
      Disappointed after going 2 up to only draw. But after Arsenal got the 2nd looked like they might get a 3rd/4th.
      Sure Rodgers maybe could've taken off Sturridge sooner, but the change did shore things up and thought it was even after that (man, we could've nicked it though).
      Suarez my MOTM, what a pass for Sturridge, outside of the foot on the run, brilliance, Sturridge didn 't need to break stride, just hit it. Luis looked sharp as a tac.
      Jamie did well. Should Pepe have done better for the 2nd? not sure, just saw it in the pub and not since.
      Sturridge was quiet again. Thought Downing's final ball wasn't great.
      Good to see Hendo growing in confidence, the are goals in him.
      Still scratching my head over our delivery from corners, we rarely even win them, never mind score. And Arsenal get one from their free kick.  We have to improve set pieces.
      In general thought we did well, until they had their 10 min spell in the 2nd half.
      Would've been pissed to loose, was OK with a draw in the end.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #952: Feb 02, 2013 12:27:36 pm
      Guys, honestyly? really? You think Wilshire was "invisible"? Try and watch the game again, just watch him this time. I don't know what else to say really. You're not on a wind up are you?

He was sh*te in the first half, only came into the game when we dropped deep.

One diving c**t for the free kick that led to the goal. But F**k all gets said, bit different if it was suarez!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #953: Feb 02, 2013 02:47:47 pm
       Incredible really. I wonder sometimes if I watch the same game as everyone else :lmao:. . First half he was "sh*te", but still found time to open us up and put it on a plate for Walcott straight after we'd scored our first with the second best pass of the match. As for his "dive" for the goal, it was the way the tricky little f*cker blacked his face up and swapped shirts with Theo Walcott that did for me, how sneaky is that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #954: Feb 02, 2013 02:58:02 pm
      Incredible really. I wonder sometimes if I watch the same game as everyone else :lmao:. . First half he was "sh*te", but still found time to open us up and put it on a plate for Walcott straight after we'd scored our first with the second best pass of the match. As for his "dive" for the goal, it was the way the tricky little f*cker blacked his face up and swapped shirts with Theo Walcott that did for me, how sneaky is that?

F***ing hell Mick why even bother supporting Liverpool, between arse-licking Arsenal and listening to your Chelsea mates, why bother even watching a scouse team.

He still  F***ing dived at some point in the second half to win a free-kick for those cu*ts, sorry I got the incidents mixed up, but Wilshere doesn't play for us sorry if I don't give a F**k how good or sh*t he is!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #955: Feb 02, 2013 03:17:16 pm
      F***ing hell Mick why even bother supporting Liverpool, between arse-licking Arsenal and listening to your Chelsea mates, why bother even watching a scouse team just keep drinking all that cockney gravy up!!

Was still a f**king dive for the free-kick for the first goal, but f**k me some of the noshing going on about Wilshere is a f**king joke, he's not that good!!

Mate I've supported Liverpool for 41 of my 46 years, I ain't going to stop now. I've been all over the country watching em, and like I say I ain't going to stop now. But the fact that these days I live in London and run a pub not too far from Chelsea/Fulham, naturally dictates that there's a fair bit of "cockney gravy" to lap up. In fairness, I  give out as much as I take around these parts and it's all good. Like all London pubs though that show sport (at least ones as busy as this) you get supporters of ALL teams in. If Newcastle are playing Villa, there will be half a dozen "fans" of each team mixed in with everyone else who's just watching the game out of interest or has had a bet on it. It's all good, most supporters of teams are pretty sensible underneath it all and it makes for good banter.

That said, I aren't from Liverpool, aren't as "passionate" as someone from Liverpool and I've never ever claimed to be. Maybe because of that, I am not so blind as to not be able to see Leighton Baines or Van Persie are good players. Saying they are is merely a statement of the glaringly obvious. Not that it particularly needs saying, and that's why I don't tend to go on about it. When though some clown who accused me of being "ignorant" in another thread comes on and says Wilshire was "invisible" (not you here, I'm on about someone else) I can't resist pointing out that of course he wasn't f*cking invisible. Similarly, you get people saying that they "can't see what the fuss is about" with him. That's up to them, but it's fairly obvious to me that he's a pretty special player, and I'm sure if you asked Stevie Gerrard and Lucas after Wednesday night they'd agree.

As for the "dive" for the first goal, I'd agree it was soft to be honest. It was also Walcott though, and I couldn't resist pointing it out (sorry about that). Anyhow no reason me and you have to fall out about it. I'm fully aware that I don't fit into the "born and bred scouser" identikit oif a true fan, and never try and pretend that I feel it quite as much as local people do. Don't worry fella I know me place, but given that and given what I do, I also know a decent footballer when I see one and occasionally pass comment on it.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #956: Feb 02, 2013 03:27:14 pm
      Mate I've supported Liverpool for 41 of my 46 years, I ain't going to stop now. I've been all over the country watching em, and like I say I ain't going to stop now. But the fact that these days I live in London and run a pub not too far from Chelsea/Fulham, naturally dictates that there's a fair bit of "cockney gravy" to lap up. In fairness, I  give out as much as I take around these parts and it's all good. Like all London pubs though that show sport (at least ones as busy as this) you get supporters of ALL teams in. If Newcastle are playing Villa, there will be half a dozen "fans" of each team mixed in with everyone else who's just watching the game out of interest or has had a bet on it. It's all good, most supporters of teams are pretty sensible underneath it all and it makes for good banter.

That said, I aren't from Liverpool, aren't as "passionate" as someone from Liverpool and I've never ever claimed to be. Maybe because of that, I am not so blind as to not be able to see Leighton Baines or Van Persie are good players. Saying they are is merely a statement of the glaringly obvious. Not that it particularly needs saying, and that's why I don't tend to go on about it. When though some clown who accused me of being "ignorant" in another thread comes on and says Wilshire was "invisible" (not you here, I'm on about someone else) I can't resist pointing out that of course he wasn't f*cking invisible. Similarly, you get people saying that they "can't see what the fuss is about" with him. That's up to them, but it's fairly obvious to me that he's a pretty special player, and I'm sure if you asked Stevie Gerrard and Lucas after Wednesday night they'd agree.

As for the "dive" for the first goal, I'd agree it was soft to be honest. It was also Walcott though, and I couldn't resist pointing it out (sorry about that). Anyhow no reason me and you have to fall out about it. I'm fully aware that I don't fit into the "born and bred scouser" identikit oif a true fan, and never try and pretend that I feel it quite as much as local people do. Don't worry fella I know me place, but given that and given what I do, I also know a decent footballer when I see one and occasionally pass comment on it.   

Yeah and 30 of my 35 years on this planet have been spent going the match, big deal!! It's called having an opinion, mine is I don't think Wilshere is all that!! Seen far better quality players than him, just my opinion. And yeah realised it was another free-kick I was on about, but F**k you don't half go on in other threads about what your chelsea mates think etc, if I wanted to know what them vile cu*ts think I'd go on a chelsea forum, know what I mean kidda!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #957: Feb 02, 2013 03:30:22 pm
      Really funny reading some of the above posts in regards of Wilshere, he pulled our midfield this way and that all the second half, in the first I wouldn't say he was poor but didn't really do alot.

The lad is the very top of any English player barring probably Joe Hart to have emerged over the last few years.

Fans who can only slate players who don't play for there club would be waxing lyrical and abusing anyone attacking there star if indeed Wilshere was playing for there club.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #958: Feb 02, 2013 04:15:15 pm
      F***ing hell Mick why even bother supporting Liverpool, between arse-licking Arsenal and listening to your Chelsea mates, why bother even watching a scouse team.

He still  f**king dived at some point in the second half to win a free-kick for those cu*ts, sorry I got the incidents mixed up, but Wilshere doesn't play for us sorry if I don't give a f**k how good or sh*t he is!!

Agreed. Think the lad is overrated. Although, that's not to say he's not a good player it's just I think the media overhype him cos of where he comes from.
      Ultracity
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      • Supporting Liverpool from Spain!
      Reply #959: Feb 02, 2013 05:15:09 pm
      Definetly I can define this match as a great one. Not according the result (2-2), but It had lot of entertainment. The waste of this points is a pity, now we have to think on the next match!

Regards.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #960: Feb 02, 2013 05:59:34 pm
      Was Fabregas really good in that position for the Arse. Yes.  Wilschere may be but he's a ways to go, certainly didn't jump out to me as dominating the midfield in the 2-2 match. Gimme SG still any day.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #961: Feb 03, 2013 01:22:32 am
      Agreed. Think the lad is overrated. Although, that's not to say he's not a good player it's just I think the media overhype him cos of where he comes from.

Pretty much in a nutshell.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #962: Feb 03, 2013 09:29:09 am
      Wilshere is talented but far from exceptional for me - at least yet.

As a Scot I have a slightly different perspective of the media coverage and its always seemed to me the English press (essentially London based) are building him into the player that they want him to be.

They did it with Shrek too - two articles around 2006 stand out for me on this: -

1) "Rooney is England's One World Class Player" - think it was Henry Winter or Martin Samuel. This a month after Stevie won the FA Cup v West Ham and 12 months after his performance v Milan in Istanbul.

2) "Pele, Maradona and Rooney - A comparison at age 21(?)" - Joe Lovejoy The Sunday Times

Might have got the age wrong re second one and couldn't be a#sed enough about the ugly f#cker to check - but that was the gist.

I vividly remember reading it thinking - f#ck me surely somebody should have said "...hang on Joe - comparing Shrek to them two - you sure you're sure?"

On topic - his nationality and the fact he's left sided mean he gets more attention than his contributions to date merit in my opinion.

Quick Reply