Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Playstation 4 Information & Discussion

Read 19563 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Playstation 4 Information & Discussion
      Feb 01, 2013 12:06:56 am
      #PlayStation2013

February 20th.

Update:

With the E3 reveal, Sony have confirmed that the Playstation 4:
      - Will be $100 (£68) cheaper than the XBOne
      - Doesn't require itself to connect to the internet every 24 hours
      - DOES play used games. Full stop.
      - Eliminates the load time on your saved game and allows you to immediately return to where you left off by pressing the power button
      - Has background downloading and updating capability that also allows you to immediately play digital titles as they download, or update the system when the hardware is powered off
      - Lets you instantly share images and videos of your favorite gameplay moments on Facebook with a single press of the "share" button on the DualShock 4 controller
      - Can broadcast while you play in real-time through Ustream, allowing friends to comment or jump into your game in new ways
      - Launches 31st December, 2013

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2013 09:59:27 am by Reslivo »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Playstation 4?
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2013 12:24:44 am
      F**k sake i have enough expenses.

Will wait until Christmas for it to drop from $4000 to something a bit cheaper.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2013 12:58:37 am
      F**k sake i have enough expenses.

Will wait until Christmas for it to drop from $4000 to something a bit cheaper.

4000 Australian Dollars? That's about 80 British Pounds, right?  :P
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2013 01:09:58 am
      Interesting. Very interesting. Always placed my loyalties firmly with Sony and not with Microsoft but I can only hope for a better console next time round with the PS4. That said I guess the PS3 was always going to suffer because PS2 was arguably and still probably is the greatest console ever made.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2013 01:38:40 am
      I probably should have got the X Box last time round.
      GT5 and Blueray the decision makers in the end.

Will take more time on the next console.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2013 03:05:39 am
      4000 Australian Dollars? That's about 80 British Pounds, right?  :P

Its hard to hear you over the noise of a strong economy down under ;)

Actually, any plans for a new Xbox?
      Bier
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2013 11:25:55 am
      Its hard to hear you over the noise of a strong economy down under ;)

Actually, any plans for a new Xbox?

Yep, xbox's specifications are supposed to have leaked:

Playstation is rumoured to have the same CPU, however, it's supposed to have 18 cores and use DDR5. Both xbox and playstation are rumoured to come out later this year, probably just before christmas.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2013 02:10:01 pm
      Rumour is that GTA V release was pushed back to be the first title released on PS4 and Xbox 720
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2013 04:11:44 pm
      Meh, PC master race! xD

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Feb 03, 2013 11:02:22 am
      How much better can a new generation console be?

I am already very satisfied with the PS3 to be honest.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #10: Feb 03, 2013 11:18:31 am

Much better if the software developers make full use of it, something they've rarely done on the PS3. Obviously the graphics will be even more realistic but the biggest difference in games trends to be with the AI levels, for example in FPS games where characters actively hunt you down, unlike the old school games where they only "saw"you if you walked into their direct line of sight.
      I can't wait to see what they do with the Battlefield series.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #11: Feb 03, 2013 11:19:34 am

They can be much better!

If you compare them to PC's! I'll be happy with just true 1080p and solid 60fps etc on the new consoles, the games are starting to show the consoles age now, like Call of Duty Black Ops 2, the graphics are so poor on console! And some games are just unplayable.

One cool thing I read thouh yesterday! Apparently the PS4 will have a share button on the controller which will pretty much record your gameplay and post it to YouTube etc Has a 15 minute gameplay memory too so you dont miss anything, thats pretty neat!

edit: This is why I dont believe PC gaming is expensive, My PC will out last 2 generations of consoles, cost me £900 but the games are much cheaper which brings that total cost down overtime.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: Feb 03, 2013 02:47:29 pm
      It's not coming out on 20th Feb, that's just when a LOT of information is going to be revealed.

And GTA V wasn't pushed back to accomodate "next-gen" (they're all sh*t compared to PC anyway) consoles. Because its engine was developed for the current-gen.

Yep, xbox's specifications are supposed to have leaked:

Playstation is rumoured to have the same CPU, however, it's supposed to have 18 cores and use DDR5. Both xbox and playstation are rumoured to come out later this year, probably just before christmas.

Roughly the same specs as the PS4. Apart from the fact the PS4 is rumoured to be using an APU, whereas the nextBox is using a discrete GPU.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #13: Feb 20, 2013 08:44:03 pm
      Rumoured at under £300 on release.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #14: Feb 20, 2013 11:37:35 pm
      Launch event is ongoing right now. Stream is laggy as hell; but there's a good blog here:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/20/liveblog-sony-playstation-4/
      Bier
      Reply #15: Feb 21, 2013 12:07:17 am
      Watching too, Did they show the console yet? I started watching when they showed Killzone, which looked good. Although I'm not blown away by the graphics so far, looks like high end pc games. And infamous, why even show that footage if theyre not going to show any actual gameplay.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #16: Feb 21, 2013 12:20:43 am
      No console yet, only the logo and controller.

This looks amazing.

The Witness first official gameplay trailer.mp4
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #17: Feb 21, 2013 12:56:01 am
      Sony Unveils Next-Gen PlayStation, PS4

As expected, Sony today unveiled the PlayStation 4, which executives said represents a shift from thinking of the PlayStation as a simply "a box or console" to simply the best place to play games.

"PlayStation 4 will unleash imaginations to create next-gen experiences that surpass gamers' wildest expectations, while also allowing developers to explore other business models," Andrew House, president and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, said during a launch event in New York City. The PS4 is "founded on a conviction that we must give gamers the kind of multi-dimensional experiences they expect and observe."

The PS4 runs an x86 processor, as well as an enhanced PC GPU. It will have 8GB of high-speed unified memory, as well as system memory backed by local storage.

The new system will come with a revamped controller, known as the DualShock 4. PS4 architect Mark Cerny said Sony has enhanced the feel of the joystick and the trigger button, which provides a "much tighter sense of control over in-game actions." The company also enhanced the rumble capabilities and reduced controller latency.

A few new features have been added to the controller, including a touchpad, share button, headphone jack, and a lightbar for simpler, more friendly identification of players. A second peripheral, meanwhile, is a stereo camera that can sense the depth of objects in front of it.

That Share button will let players broadcast their games to Facebook in real time, said David Perry, CEO and founder of Gaikai, which Sony purchased last year. That will allow your friends to "look over your shoulders virtually and interact," he said. Friends can post comments on your screen, but if you're stuck on a level or need assistance, a friend can actually take over your controller and guide you through a level.

Sony is "building this capability into the PS4 and the PS Network, so your circle of PSN friends will become that much more important," Perry said.

A partnership with Ustream, meanwhile, will allow for multi-casting, so gamers can schedule a set time and broadcast a game live.

On the PS4 interface, Cerny talked up the use of real names. While aliases will still be available for "when anonymity is important," most of the interactions of the PS4 will be done with friends using real names and profile pictures. PS4 is designed to be "seamlessly interconnected" with your social life.

Apps and Web platforms, meanwhile, will allow for PS4 conversations to be carried "far beyond the living room," Cerny said. "Keep in touch with the evolving world of your game regardless of your location."

To that end, the PS4 will allow for remote play on the PS Vita handheld. "Our long-term goal is to make every PS4 title playable on the Vita," Perry said.

Cerny, meanwhile, stressed personalization; the PS4 "can get to know you and bring you closer to the game and other experiences," he said.
      "Our long-term vision to reduce download times of digital games to zero," Cerny said. "If we know enough about you – that game can be loaded and ready to go before you even click the button."

Perry said that PlayStation cloud services will roll out "in phases, but you can be sure that it and the PS4 will change the way we play."

Sony brought a number of game developers onstage at its event to show off upcoming games for the PS4. Cerny actually developed his own game for the console, dubbed Knack. But other games on tap for the PS4 include Evolution Studio's Driveclub, Sucker Punch's InFAMOUS: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall from Guerrilla Games, and The Witness, from the makers of the Braid puzzle game.

Sony's PlayStation is still going on, so stay tuned for all the latest updates, and follow along with PCMag via @PCMagLive.

For more from Chloe, follow her on Twitter @ChloeAlbanesius.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415671,00.asp
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #18: Feb 21, 2013 12:56:26 am
      Diablo III is coming to the PS3 and PS4! Awesome.
      Bier
      Reply #19: Feb 21, 2013 01:05:38 am
      Well, that was a bit dissapointing overall for me.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #20: Feb 21, 2013 01:07:12 am
      No console. No price. Coming 'Holiday 2013'
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #21: Feb 21, 2013 08:59:19 am
      And GTA V wasn't pushed back to accomodate "next-gen" (they're all sh*t compared to PC anyway) consoles. Because its engine was developed for the current-gen.

Roughly the same specs as the PS4. Apart from the fact the PS4 is rumoured to be using an APU, whereas the nextBox is using a discrete GPU.

I'm eating my words. Here's what I make of the specs:

- CPU: 8-core x86 processor (based on AMD's Piledriver) -- the x86 architecture means it will be easier for developers to utilise its power, rather than the Playstation 3's old "cell" architecture. x86 is made for gaming.

- RAM: 8GB GDDR5 RAM -- Faster than RAM seen in PCs (DDR3), and 16x more RAM than seen in the Playstation 3 (512MB GDDR3). Expect huge multi-tasking potential, and few-to-no frame-drops.

- GPU: Greater than, or equal to, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti -- The fact that it's using a current-gen capable of 1.84 Tera-flops says it all. PS4 is looking to be competitive with PCs for a looooong time. And with this GPU, it will be.

The PS4 is going to be an extremely advanced machine that's capable of putting PCs on the ropes for at least a few years. Assuming there are no major breakthroughs in GPU/CPU technology.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Playstation 4 Information & Discussion
      Reply #22: Feb 21, 2013 09:20:53 am
      I'm eating my words. Here's what I make of the specs:

- CPU: 8-core x86 processor (based on AMD's Piledriver) -- the x86 architecture means it will be easier for developers to utilise its power, rather than the Playstation 3's old "cell" architecture. x86 is made for gaming.

- RAM: 8GB GDDR5 RAM -- Faster than RAM seen in PCs (DDR3), and 16x more RAM than seen in the Playstation 3 (512MB GDDR3). Expect huge multi-tasking potential, and few-to-no frame-drops.

- GPU: Greater than, or equal to, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti -- The fact that it's using a current-gen capable of 1.84 Tera-flops says it all. PS4 is looking to be competitive with PCs for a looooong time. And with this GPU, it will be.

The PS4 is going to be an extremely advanced machine that's capable of putting PCs on the ropes for at least a few years. Assuming there are no major breakthroughs in GPU/CPU technology.

Will PCs moving to SSD have any impact?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #23: Feb 21, 2013 10:16:40 am
      Will PCs moving to SSD have any impact?

SSDs only help with loading times, i.e. Booting up the Operating System, game loading times. They have no real impact on performance.

Plus SSDs are extremely unreliable as of now. The more you write to one, the less reliable it becomes and there's more chance of it becoming corrupt.

I have two in my PC right now, and they've been fine for about a year but I'm not expecting to get much more life out of them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Feb 21, 2013 10:30:58 am
      SSDs only help with loading times, i.e. Booting up the Operating System, game loading times. They have no real impact on performance.

Plus SSDs are extremely unreliable as of now. The more you write to one, the less reliable it becomes and there's more chance of it becoming corrupt.

I have two in my PC right now, and they've been fine for about a year but I'm not expecting to get much more life out of them.

I'll swerve them so.
      Have most of my work backed up on a 1TB drive anyway but I don't want to increase the need to do so.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #25: Feb 21, 2013 10:40:20 am
      I'll swerve them so.
      Have most of my work backed up on a 1TB drive anyway but I don't want to increase the need to do so.

Usually SSDs are just used for the OS and games, whereas important stuff that you access frequently, i.e. Movies, heavy files, programs are kept on a storage drive.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Feb 21, 2013 10:46:39 am
      Usually SSDs are just used for the OS and games, whereas important stuff that you access frequently, i.e. Movies, heavy files, programs are kept on a storage drive.

Got you now.
      Probably for a different topic anyway.
      Been looking to get a new computer and was wary of the ones with SSDs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Feb 21, 2013 11:01:36 am

Headset port in the controller.
      Nice!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #28: Feb 21, 2013 11:16:35 am
      Headset port in the controller.
      Nice!

Like the current Xbox or does it do something else?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #29: Feb 21, 2013 10:24:15 pm
      I'm not ready for this ;D I don't know if the time is right, to be honest. I mean, I'm not sure many game developers ever pushed the PS3 to its full capacity. Maybe that's just me and my hardly-ever-having-time-to-play-games thing though.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #30: Feb 21, 2013 10:38:38 pm
      I'm not ready for this ;D I don't know if the time is right, to be honest. I mean, I'm not sure many game developers ever pushed the PS3 to its full capacity. Maybe that's just me and my hardly-ever-having-time-to-play-games thing though.

Nobody could really push the PS3 because of its cell chip, and the architecture it used. It was a very complicated CPU to make games for.

By going back to x86, Sony have killed two birds with one stone:
      1 - They'll be easier to develop games for
      2 - Any games primarily made for PC can be directly transferred over, fully-functional - rather than a limited (poor-quality) port.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #31: Feb 22, 2013 02:44:50 pm
      Nobody could really push the PS3 because of its cell chip, and the architecture it used. It was a very complicated CPU to make games for.

By going back to x86, Sony have killed two birds with one stone:
      1 - They'll be easier to develop games for
      2 - Any games primarily made for PC can be directly transferred over, fully-functional - rather than a limited (poor-quality) port.

I'll take your word for it Res, I don't know much about chipsets and all that. I only hope Konami can develop a football sim as good as PES 5 again :/
      Bier
      Reply #32: Feb 22, 2013 03:20:03 pm
      As a current xbox user I'm thinking I'm leaning more towards the PS4 for my next console. But I heard that for PS3 users, besides the PS4 not being backwards compatible, games acquired on PSN for PS3 can't be transferred to the PS4 either? That would piss me off.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2013 03:27:08 pm
      games acquired on PSN for PS3 can't be transferred to the PS4 either?

Sony have confirmed that as true.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2013 03:32:18 pm
      I have zero brand loyalty, having owned a Playstation, N64, Playstation2, Wii and Xbox 360. I'll just go for which I think is best at the time. I don't regret choosing Xbox this time around because it has a great range of games, better online play and games often play at a higher resolution than the technically superior PS3 anyway. The failed HD v blu-ray battle was only a hit initially, now it means very little due to the cost of blu-ray players.
      It's up to you, Sony, wow me! (Then I'll buy one in a couple of years time when I can afford it, haha).

Res, have you heard much about the Steam console? My mate was banging on about it but I'm not too sure where the market is for it. After all, it's mainly PC users that trust Steam the most so I don't see why they'd switch to console gaming.
      Bier
      Reply #35: Feb 22, 2013 04:11:43 pm
      The main thing why I preferred the xbox 360 over the PS3 initially was because xbox live was alot better than PSN. But PSN has matured and xbox live kind of stagnated. Also I much preferred xbox 360's interface over PS3's, but the PS4's looks better from what I could see. And any game publisher will tell you that xbox live arcade has become very hard to get published on and very expensive, and some small gamepublishers are reluctant to patch or update their games because of the cost involved. And this when the PS4 is supposedly going to have a relatively open platform for developers to publish their games on. Guess it depends if Microsoft will continue xbox live as it is, which I kind of expect them to do but hope they wont.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: Feb 28, 2013 12:43:01 pm
      On the subject of PS4, Battlefield 4 is going to be a "next-gen" only release.

Latest screenshot:
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #37: Apr 04, 2013 10:07:24 am
      Sony have really impressed me with what they've released so far.

I don't expect it to be released in Europe or Australia until 2014 though.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Apr 04, 2013 10:09:52 am
      On the subject of PS4, Battlefield 4 is going to be a "next-gen" only release.

Latest screenshot:

Ooooh Aliens! About F***ing time.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #39: Jun 13, 2013 10:00:27 am
      OP Updated.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #40: Jun 21, 2013 06:04:59 pm
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Nov 03, 2013 12:34:19 pm
      Soooo...
      A couple of weeks before this is out in the US and less than a month until we can get it in the UK.

What game(s) are you getting with it at release?

Originally I was going to get Battlefield 4 as I'm a fan of the series but I've decided to get that on PC so don't want to pay £50 for a game I've already got on another platform.

With Watchdogs and Drive Club now pushed back, the release title lineup isn't actually that strong (imho).

Assassins Creed : Black Flag LOOKS great but I've fallen for that twice and found the games (AC1 & AC2) to be repetitive and boring beyond the first week of playing.

Killzone : Shadowfall looks like a decent FPS but I've never been a fan of that futuristic style and can't help comparing all shooters to Battlefield.

Call of Duty : Ghosts looks like every other CoD, as you'd expect.

inFamous Second Son looks like it might be more style over substance and could get tiresome quickly.

I'm now tempted to go for FIFA 14. Ok so, like CoD it's just an evolution of a series but I haven't owned one since 11 and the next gen version looks fantastic.

What are your thoughts?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #42: Nov 08, 2013 01:59:35 am
      I've had my launch PS4 preordered since E3 and am really excited for it. At launch I'll be getting:
      - Watchdogs Assassin's Creed 4. The AC series is one of my favourites and the graphics look great on next-gen.
      - Fifa 14. Well, it's Fifa.
      - COD Ghosts. Not excited at all for this but I want to have something to play online and I sucked at BF3, so it'd be the same for BF4.
      - Extra controller.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #43: Dec 01, 2013 03:04:16 pm
      Soooo... who else has a PS4 then?

My missus pre-ordered me a PS4 + extra controller and I pre-ordered FIFA and they both came on Friday  ;D
      We went shopping yesterday and stood looking at the games when she agreed that I should buy myself Killzone Shadowfall so I don't get bored of FIFA, haha!

Going from FIFA14 demo on the Xbox 360 to this next gen version, the leap is very noticeable. The players move differently and both the look and sound of the crowds is excellent.

Never played a Killzone game before but enjoying this so far. I'm not generally a fan of futuristic FPS games such as Halo but this isn't too daft. Not too sure about the controls though, takes a bit of getting used to. Haven't played multiplayer yet, I'll wait until I'm back at my house where the connection is much quicker.

As for the console, great looking and extremely quiet. Never liked the fiddly PS controllers but I have to say they've done a great job with this one. Probably still prefer the Xbox one for FPS but the gap between them isn't so big now.

My PSN ID is zT_Kiriyama
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44: Dec 01, 2013 04:07:08 pm
      How much is a PS4 in the UK?
      The price in Brazil is absolutely ridiculous. We know in the US it costs US$400 but here it's R$4.000 (closer to US$2.000)!!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #45: Dec 01, 2013 04:35:37 pm
      How much is a PS4 in the UK?
      The price in Brazil is absolutely ridiculous. We know in the US it costs US$400 but here it's R$4.000 (closer to US$2.000)!!!

That's insane!
      For the console including a single controller, it equates to around US$570 here.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #46: Dec 01, 2013 04:57:12 pm
      I bought ps4 for bf4 with 64 players. If you are into bf then  buy it, if not then you can wait. There is almost no game out there atm which is worth the jump to xbone or ps4 imo
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #47: Dec 01, 2013 05:30:23 pm
      I bought ps4 for bf4 with 64 players. If you are into bf then  buy it, if not then you can wait. There is almost no game out there atm which is worth the jump to xbone or ps4 imo

Got BF4 on PC, that's the only reason I didn't get it. You're right though, the release title lineup isn't great.
      Still, FIFA14 on the PS4 IS different to the same game on the previous generation consoles.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #48: Dec 02, 2013 02:15:22 pm
      That's insane!
      For the console including a single controller, it equates to around US$570 here.

I would have bought one already if it was the same here, but R$4.000 is way too much!
      Sony tried to justify that ridiculous price by blaming taxes (companies always try to blame the government), and while it is true that taxes in Brazil are very high, it's just not the sole explanation here.

Xbox One costs US$500 in the United States and something around R$2300 in Brazil.
      Playstation 4 costs US$400 in the United States and something around R$4000 in Brazil!

Can't be taxes that explain that, Sony must think Brazilians are idiots.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #49: Dec 02, 2013 02:17:28 pm
      Can't be taxes that explain that, Sony must think Brazilians are idiots.

Aren't they? :f_tongueincheek:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Dec 02, 2013 02:21:28 pm

Not that much, at least! :P
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #51: Dec 03, 2013 04:14:19 pm
      Really liking it so far! Im preferring the controller too compared the Xbox One's... which I didnt expect because I hated the Dualshock 3 and loved the 360 controller..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Dec 03, 2013 08:56:40 pm
      Just bought one today, cost me £420 because every where was sold out, wrapped it up for the bairn for xmas, but as ever it will be a shared gift :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #53: Dec 24, 2013 12:21:17 pm
      Just listed Killzone on eBay. The campaign is decent enough but the multiplayer just isn't grabbing me so I'll soon get bored. Cutting my losses now.

Downloading CoD Ghosts instead  :P
      I'm very much on the Battlefield side of that argument but I already have that (buggy) game on PC and wanted something where 2 people can play on one console. Let's see if this one holds my attention better!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #54: Dec 24, 2013 12:50:21 pm
      Brought myself the PS4 for £350. Got COD Ghosts and will treat myself to FIFA after Xmas
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #55: Dec 24, 2013 01:41:29 pm
      Brought myself the PS4 for £350. Got COD Ghosts and will treat myself to FIFA after Xmas

Add me up:
      zT_Kiriyama  ;)

I'm F***ing terrible at FIFA, by the way. Not a clue what I'm doing.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #56: Dec 24, 2013 03:28:02 pm
      Add me up:
      zT_Kiriyama  ;)

Just put the ball in the net and we'll discuss the options later ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Dec 25, 2013 09:00:27 pm
      Bairns playing on his now, must say I'm impressed by the graphics on call of duty Ghosts and Fifa 14, certainly better than ps3.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #58: Dec 26, 2013 01:20:44 am
      Add me BSiddiq
      Got Fifa and Battlefield atm. Had two ps4s at one point last week ;D.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #59: Dec 27, 2013 08:16:00 pm
      A friend of mine is going to Swizterland this week and I've asked him to buy a PS4 for me (buying a PS4 here in Brazil is ridiculously more expensive). He's staying there for over 30 days so I thought of buying in some online retailer such as Amazon and have it sent to where he'll be, but the PS4 seems to be out of stock absolutely everywhere I checked.

Anyone know where I could find it to buy? Any help will be appreciated.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #60: Jan 03, 2014 06:38:48 pm
       :f_wah:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #61: Jan 04, 2014 01:08:00 pm
      What's up?

Shopto.net are showing it as in stock again now so I'm assuming the big retailers have them again.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #62: Jan 04, 2014 01:21:13 pm
      Add me up:
      zT_Kiriyama  ;)

Just saw this, yeah I'll add you tonight mate.

You'll hate me now but I have two PS4s ;D.

Mine broke when it first arrived and I got a replacement the next day, randomly they sent me out another one which arrived yesterday. So I have two ;D.

It doesn't have the wires, HDMI cable or the controller though. Just the PS4.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #63: Jan 04, 2014 07:40:17 pm
      You'll hate me now but I have two PS4s .

Mine broke when it first arrived and I got a replacement the next day, randomly they sent me out another one which arrived yesterday. So I have two .

It doesn't have the wires, HDMI cable or the controller though. Just the PS4.

:o
      Send me one! :P

What's up?

Shopto.net are showing it as in stock again now so I'm assuming the big retailers have them again.

Oh I'll take a look at that. Any idea if I can get one sent to Switzerland? Haven't found any stores with the PS4 in stock there.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: Jan 04, 2014 07:43:58 pm
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388864343&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4

If I understood correctly, it's not being sold directly by Amazon, is it?
      What's the "normal" price for a PS4 in the UK?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #65: Jan 04, 2014 07:50:59 pm
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388864343&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4

If I understood correctly, it's not being sold directly by Amazon, is it?
      What's the "normal" price for a PS4 in the UK?

Not that much! £349.99
      I don't think it's stated anywhere on Shopto which countries they ship to, it just says international. I think you can only buy bundles as well, ie console + a game but then you'd be buying a game anyway I suppose.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #66: Jan 04, 2014 08:04:46 pm
      Yeah my priority would be FIFA 14. Will take a look at their website. I need the address of my friend in Switzerland as well, to see if they deliver there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #67: Jan 04, 2014 09:02:45 pm
      :o
      Send me one! :P

Oh I'll take a look at that. Any idea if I can get one sent to Switzerland? Haven't found any stores with the PS4 in stock there.

If Tom doesn't want or need two maybe he'd be willing to sell you one?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #68: Jan 04, 2014 09:35:54 pm
      I would be willing to sell one mate.

No idea on postage costs to Brazil however.

Sony only sent me the actual PS4, no wires, HDMI cable or controller, just the PS4 console in a courier box. It works, as I've played on it just to test it out.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #69: Jan 04, 2014 10:03:48 pm
      I had two aswell, might have a third as my dad works for Sony and he's currently beating all the other salesmen at selling 4k tvs!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #70: Jan 04, 2014 10:23:25 pm

No idea on postage costs to Brazil however.

Sony only sent me the actual PS4, no wires, HDMI cable or controller, just the PS4 console in a courier box. It works, as I've played on it just to test it out.

Shouldn't be hard to get, power cable is pretty standard type.
      I'm guessing he'd only need it shipping to his mate in Switzerland if Brazil is too costly.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #71: Jan 06, 2014 12:49:51 pm
      If Tom doesn't want or need two maybe he'd be willing to sell you one?

That's actually a good idea!

Cool! I'll send you a PM.

Shouldn't be hard to get, power cable is pretty standard type.
      I'm guessing he'd only need it shipping to his mate in Switzerland if Brazil is too costly.

I think the problem about shipping directly to Brazil would be the taxes. Not sure how it would work shipping to Switzerland but I would guess their taxes are not as ridiculous as ours. Then my friend could bring it back to Brazil with him, inside his bag, as his personal stuff and avoid some of the taxes.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #72: Aug 07, 2014 08:44:34 am
      Right guys, thinking of trading my a PS3 60GB (I think). Where is the best place to do so? The idea is to buy a PS4 so if I can get some sort of deal somewhere where I can trade in the PS3 for money off a PS4, that would be okay. Appreciate any advice.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #73: Aug 07, 2014 09:53:13 am
      Right guys, thinking of trading my a PS3 60GB (I think). Where is the best place to do so? The idea is to buy a PS4 so if I can get some sort of deal somewhere where I can trade in the PS3 for money off a PS4, that would be okay. Appreciate any advice.

Gamestop currently have a trade in on their website PS3 for a PS4.

http://www.gamestop.ie/

Has to be a 500GB PS3. Works out at €100 discount.
      That'll be available at any stores.

Game seem to have something similar, with The Last of Us included. (AWESOME)
      http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=148256&articleId=148257&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #74: Aug 07, 2014 05:12:27 pm
      Gamestop currently have a trade in on their website PS3 for a PS4.

http://www.gamestop.ie/

Has to be a 500GB PS3. Works out at €100 discount.
      That'll be available at any stores.

Game seem to have something similar, with The Last of Us included. (AWESOME)
      http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=148256&articleId=148257&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

Would probably have to go for one over here, so that discounts GameStop. Just had a look their and I have a 120GB PS3, one of the slim ones. Might have to leave it another month or so, get it once the new Fifa comes out. I just know from people in the past that Game have ripped people off so obviously looking around.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #75: Aug 07, 2014 05:17:47 pm
      Okay, so I have done a price check using the barcode on the side of the box and they will give me £60 for trade in or £54 cash. I'll have another look around.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #76: Aug 08, 2014 12:01:44 am
      Okay, so I have done a price check using the barcode on the side of the box and they will give me £60 for trade in or £54 cash. I'll have another look around.

To be perfectly honest with you, mate, I'd try to get the cash together another way and hang on to your PS3 for a bit even when you've got a PS4.
      I'm glad I have a PS4 but at this point it's still very limited in terms of apps and games and most of the decent free stuff on PS+ is for PS3, it's mainly dodgy indie games on PS4. I have an Xbox 360 and still use that due to the greater range of apps.

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #77: Aug 15, 2014 09:00:52 pm
      To be perfectly honest with you, mate, I'd try to get the cash together another way and hang on to your PS3 for a bit even when you've got a PS4.
      I'm glad I have a PS4 but at this point it's still very limited in terms of apps and games and most of the decent free stuff on PS+ is for PS3, it's mainly dodgy indie games on PS4. I have an Xbox 360 and still use that due to the greater range of apps.

Interesting point mate, cheers for the advice. I had thought that with the new Fifa coming out soon, I would uy the PS4 for that. May hold back now.

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #78: Aug 24, 2014 03:02:29 am
      Why are all the bundle deals sh*te?

I've been hovering over the 'buy' button for a few days now. Maybe it's worth waiting it out.

Your move decisiveness.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #79: Aug 24, 2014 04:54:48 am
      Just got mine last week for £225 when converted from Aussie dollar. Looks amazing!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #80: Sep 29, 2014 07:46:42 pm
      Gamestation have a deal at the moment where it's £350 for the console and Fifa 15 or £230 for the console, Fifa 15 and The Last of Us (the latter being a download) when you trade in your PS3 and any 5 games.

Quick Reply