Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool in dark over match-fixing claims

Read 5515 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: Liverpool in dark over match-fixing claims
      Reply #23: Feb 05, 2013 04:14:04 pm
      Nothing to see here. They havent even said which match it was, just a rumour from Denmark.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #24: Feb 05, 2013 05:31:47 pm
      Just a rumour yes. All cleared up.

Question is, how long will it take for media to stop proclaiming LFC involvement? Debrechen statement came out about 2:30pm, and so far I've only seen Independent and Telegraph report it. Everyone else is still talking about the fix !!

Big question is back on the table. Who are Europol referring to? and which game?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25: Feb 05, 2013 05:43:22 pm
      Just a rumour yes. All cleared up.

Big question is back on the table. Who are Europol referring to? and which game?

European police are investigating 680 matches across the world, the police have not revealed the identity of any game.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #26: Feb 05, 2013 05:50:57 pm
      Enjoyed the newspaper coverage today. "Liverpool are not implicated in the inquest" but we'll still put them on the front page with a"Match Fixing" headline!

Looking forward to seeing some Sky coverage... "Racist cheats strike again!!.."

I just thought it was funny we only managed one goal against a keeper paid off to let em in  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #27: Feb 05, 2013 06:36:56 pm
      Debrecen are the side involved in quite a few of the matches. Think i saw it was their keeper who took bribes etc. It just so happened that one of those matches involved us.

I bet Sly Sports are loving this.

Even though we are totally innocent in this matter they'll no doubt enjoy planting a seed.

They are f**king wankers.

Yep. Even their headline suggests different connotations suggesting we're not "coming out" and admitting such things! Only on Sky Sports!

I do find it very amusing that our ineptness destroyed the goalie's betting scam. David N'Gog played that match and all.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: Feb 05, 2013 07:47:09 pm
      Europol owe Liverpool football club an apology over match fixing leak
      Europol visited football yesterday and dropped a huge bomb. Football had widespread match fixing, there were serious criminal gangs involved. There had been arrests and the amounts of money involved were huge. Poorer footballers were being dragged into fixing matches and greedy players were using it to top up wages. It was widespread, England wasn't safe either.

more..http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/europol-owe-liverpool-football-club-an-apology-over-match-fixing-
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Feb 05, 2013 07:57:16 pm
      I know it wasn't us, but I wouldn't have been surprised if H&G had got involved in something like this. :D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #30: Feb 06, 2013 04:30:27 am
      Why talk about a match that took place 3-years ago when most would have forgotten while we scored 1 goal and not 3. Good try Europol to destabilise our club and it would be more worthwhile to investigate why the ball is over the line by a good 1 yard and was not given while some clubs tend to get more entra time than others and the list continues.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #31: Feb 06, 2013 04:56:59 am
      I know it wasn't us, but I wouldn't have been surprised if H&G had got involved in something like this. :D

:D no doubt there
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #32: Feb 06, 2013 10:56:04 am
      Liverpool FC. Tackling match fixing since 2009. You want us to score three goals. We'll only score one!!

Brilliant.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 09, 2013 11:38:23 am
      Nothing would susprise me in this sick currupt world with questionable  russian billionaires lurking in the background. Should start on doping in the EPL, think spanish soccer players are into doping.Make these soccer players swear under oath and start naming players involved.

Quick Reply