Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Our title wins

Read 3889 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Our title wins
      Reply #23: Jan 24, 2013 10:24:20 pm
      I hich hiked up to Molineaux on me jack jones for that one. Probably one of the greatest scouse takeovers of a ground in history. Totally amazing night. Walked about 25 miles that night trying to get a lift home, (Near Bath) but worth the aching legs. Grinning for a month. Had to take a sicky for the afternoon to make my way to Wolvehampton but think my boss knew what I was up to when I walked out of woprk with a donkey jacket on and me scarf around me kneck. Use to wear the old donkey jacket in case I had to sleep rough on the way home after evening games. Couldn't always afford train fares. Oh to be in me 20s again !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Jan 25, 2013 06:57:02 am
      I hich hiked up to Molineaux on me jack jones for that one. Probably one of the greatest scouse takeovers of a ground in history. Totally amazing night. Walked about 25 miles that night trying to get a lift home, (Near Bath) but worth the aching legs. Grinning for a month. Had to take a sicky for the afternoon to make my way to Wolvehampton but think my boss knew what I was up to when I walked out of woprk with a donkey jacket on and me scarf around me kneck. Use to wear the old donkey jacket in case I had to sleep rough on the way home after evening games. Couldn't always afford train fares. Oh to be in me 20s again !

Al Fart Alley.

There was the elevated roundabout over the M6 with Walsall one direction and Wolverhampton other.
      Jct. 10.
      Ive stood there in the middle of the night hitching in the freezing cold. Bad one.
      Stood their hours.

Did I tell you when I lived int shoe box in t road ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Jan 25, 2013 07:49:09 am
      Don't know about you, but given the choice, I would prefer to win the league in front of 45,000 Reds, than 10% of it.

Probably why I always want the last game of a league at home, should a result be needed.

Could win the league on the moon for all I care once we were back winning it but Ive no shame in saying I would love to see the trophy handed over to us on the grounds of our biggest rivals
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Jan 25, 2013 07:59:50 am
      Could win the league on the moon for all I care once we were back winning it but Ive no shame in saying I would love to see the trophy handed over to us on the grounds of our biggest rivals
      And then parade it around Anfield at the next home match the very next week,I am sure nobody would complain about the atmosphere in that instance.Oh the memories of cups being carried around Anfield.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #27: Jan 26, 2013 05:41:54 pm
      Quote from Billy1
      And then parade it around Anfield at the next home match the very next week,I am sure nobody would complain about the atmosphere in that instance.

Modern football protocol wouldn't allow it. You receive your trophy after your last home game of the season, or your last game.

When we won the European Cup in Istanbul, Rick Parry wouldn't allow a European Cup parade in the next game before playing TNS, as it would be apparantly "disrespectful to TNS". As if they had a chance of winning the tie anyway.

We haven't won the league in decades. It is more preferable that when we win it again, it's won in front of our own fans rather than 90% of the crowd booing and bellowing at us.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2013 07:05:53 am
      Modern football protocol wouldn't allow it. You receive your trophy after your last home game of the season, or your last game.

When we won the European Cup in Istanbul, Rick Parry wouldn't allow a European Cup parade in the next game before playing TNS, as it would be apparantly "disrespectful to TNS". As if they had a chance of winning the tie anyway.

We haven't won the league in decades. It is more preferable that when we win it again, it's won in front of our own fans rather than 90% of the crowd booing and bellowing at us.
      Stuff protocol is there any rule that says it would be illegal to parade a trophy around Anfield.Regarding P-Rick Parry we all know the esteem he was held at Anfield by our loyal supporters.As regards winning I do not think there would be any complaints from our supporters wherever it is won.Also I would put 10% of our loyal RED supporters against 90% of any other crowd.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2013 09:49:36 pm
      Quote from Billy1
      Stuff protocol is there any rule that says it would be illegal to parade a trophy around Anfield.Regarding P-Rick Parry we all know the esteem he was held at Anfield by our loyal supporters.

We do, but he was the one with the power to make it happen. He chose to be respectful to the opposition.

There is no rule to say you can't parade trophies around Anfield. However in practical terms, as you only are only awarded the league  trophy at the end of your last home game, it's impossible. The only possible exception would be the League Cup, but I don't think there was any parade of it before the Arsenal game last year.

Quick Reply