Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Your Fantasy WWE Booking

Read 12718 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Your Fantasy WWE Booking
      Feb 04, 2013 04:41:06 pm
      Slightly different from the actual WWE thread so we can leave that for "real" wrestling discussion, this is more just a laugh and any storylines you'd like to see the WWE put in place - regardless of how realistic it seems.

I'll start with a storyline they're already doing but a slightly different twist on it.

If they're gonna stick with the anti-American gimmick of Antonia Cesaro and constantly remind us that he used to a be a rugby player, then I'd like to see them give him some material where he talks about rugby being a man's game and american football is a coward's version of the sport. Talk about how he didn't need all the padding and helmets, unlike the cowardly Americans. That might generate a bit more heat than he's currently getting.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Your Fantasy WWE Booking
      Reply #1: Feb 05, 2013 01:05:40 am
      I'd like Goldust and Rhodes carry on the mini feud they kind of started at the rumble, but drag in Sandow as well, keeping their tag team viable.  Just trying to think who could partner Gold Dust to make it work.  Three that might work, a returning Christian.  Irreverent, a natural target for Sandow and a very good tag team worker.  Failing that Zack Ryder or Brodus Clay, both in need of something to do at present and again fitting that foil for Rhode Scholars.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Feb 23, 2013 01:18:21 am
      I'd love to see The Shield expand drastically, become the new 'Corporation' of the WWE. Instead of Vince being the leader, maybe Triple H taking that role. CM Punk feels he's been screwed by The Rock the last two occasions, maybe he could want 'justice'. A seven man stable running WWE, trying to dominate. Something along them lines, but I don't think the roster is big enough to make something like that happen.

Just imagine it: Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Triple H, CM Punk, Paul Heyman....even Brock Lesnar! That would be awesome in my eyes!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #3: Feb 23, 2013 06:11:07 pm
      I'd love to see The Shield expand drastically, become the new 'Corporation' of the WWE. Instead of Vince being the leader, maybe Triple H taking that role. CM Punk feels he's been screwed by The Rock the last two occasions, maybe he could want 'justice'. A seven man stable running WWE, trying to dominate. Something along them lines, but I don't think the roster is big enough to make something like that happen.

Just imagine it: Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Triple H, CM Punk, Paul Heyman....even Brock Lesnar! That would be awesome in my eyes!
      Something Nexus lacked when they were around was legit star power. The Shield are getting a lot of heat on their own, though, and do look fluid and great together in the ring.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2013 07:44:55 am
      Daniel Bryan vs Kane for the 'tag team championship' at wrestlemania. Next night winner (preferably Bryan) gets told they need to find a new partner to defend the titles. Bryan tries to make up with Kane but he's found new partner cos he wants to take back the titles (think of a face who needs a storyline like kofi). Bryan struggles to find a partner due to his erratic behaviour and in the end has no alternative but to tag with Brad Maddox (who has been pleading his case to Bryan all along.)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2013 02:29:29 pm
      My booking for the end of Kane/Bryan would be...

They finally lose the tag titles to whoever, unfortunately it doesn't really matter anymore. The tag division was picking up but seems to of hit the wall again.

After the match, Bryan goes on a tirade of abuse towards Kane which in turn results in the Big Red Machine snapping and assaulting Bryan. This puts Bryan on the shelf for a few weeks, but he still wants his revenge. So he challenges Kane to a match at WrestleMania but as Bryan can't compete himself he's got somebody else to fight on his behalf.

Lights go out, we hear the famous chime/gong and out walks Undertaker.

Undertaker announces, however, that he will only fight Kane if his brother is prepared to put his career on the line. Kane accepts.

Undertaker wins at Mania and Kane retires. But at the end of the match, Taker turns round at the top of the ramp to face his brother in the ring. He then kneels and offers his hand, Kane does the same. The lights go out, lightning strikes, the four corners go up flames each revealing a letter of the name Kane and the only thing left in the ring is Kane's mask.

Following night on RAW, Kane (unmasked) thanks the fans for their support over the past decade and a half. Undertaker also makes an appearance. And for one final time, the Brothers of Destruction pose.

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2013 07:05:08 pm
      My booking for the end of Kane/Bryan would be...

They finally lose the tag titles to whoever, unfortunately it doesn't really matter anymore. The tag division was picking up but seems to of hit the wall again.

After the match, Bryan goes on a tirade of abuse towards Kane which in turn results in the Big Red Machine snapping and assaulting Bryan. This puts Bryan on the shelf for a few weeks, but he still wants his revenge. So he challenges Kane to a match at WrestleMania but as Bryan can't compete himself he's got somebody else to fight on his behalf.

Lights go out, we hear the famous chime/gong and out walks Undertaker.

Undertaker announces, however, that he will only fight Kane if his brother is prepared to put his career on the line. Kane accepts.

Undertaker wins at Mania and Kane retires. But at the end of the match, Taker turns round at the top of the ramp to face his brother in the ring. He then kneels and offers his hand, Kane does the same. The lights go out, lightning strikes, the four corners go up flames each revealing a letter of the name Kane and the only thing left in the ring is Kane's mask.

Following night on RAW, Kane (unmasked) thanks the fans for their support over the past decade and a half. Undertaker also makes an appearance. And for one final time, the Brothers of Destruction pose.

But Kane has a few years left in him yet! I would still like him to have a proper wwe title run, he deserves more than to have held it for <1 day.

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2013 08:28:09 pm
      But Kane has a few years left in him yet! I would still like him to have a proper wwe title run, he deserves more than to have held it for <1 day.

Think that's what his last WHC reign was - his last ever. It was a good run to be fair, he plays a heel great with grimace on the mic.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2013 09:08:20 pm

I know Kane is still capable of performing for a few more years but this way I get two wishes I want to happen. Bryan and Kane split up, I'm bored of them as a team now. And the other wish is Punk doesn't face Taker.

I don't want Punk to face Taker because there's absolutely no interest in it. Punk can't end the streak. So while it'd probably be a good match, the outcome is obvious to kill any enjoyment. If Punk still had the title, I'd be all for it. Without it, I don't wanna see Punk anywhere near Undertaker come Mania time. And Kane is one of the select few who still has a legit reason to take on Taker, one of the others (who currently doesn't have a WrestleMania opponent) is if Randy Orton returns to his "legend killer" gimmick but he's already had a chance at Undertaker at WrestleMania in that role. I know Kane has had a shot at the streak in the past, but not with his career on the line. And it's Kane's career being on the line that adds a bit more interest to the match. It makes it possible that Kane could end the streak. Punk can't unfortunately (in my opinion).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #9: Apr 28, 2013 02:50:46 pm
      Just thinking of how sh*t the Tag Team division has gone again, I've tried pairing up a couple of possible tag teams who could add a bit of life into the division;

1 - Del Rio and Mysterio

Once Rey returns, I'd like to see him team up with Del Rio. The Mysterio/Sin Cara team has run it's course, but I think the one thing that would firmly cement Del Rio getting over is in a true baby face team. It'd also make sense given the kind of moves he's added to his game now like the hurricanrana. Only thing potentially holding them back is somebody good on the mic but I'd still like to see a Mexican-style baby face team.

2 - Cesaro and Barrett

Two excellent heels, two good wrestlers and two vastly underused stars by the WWE despite both being midcard champions only a few weeks ago. But Barrett having to do the job to Miz on the Mania pre-show then not even getting a showing in his own country on RAW was truly shocking. And anything that would stop Cesaro doing this F***ing yodelling angle would be welcomed by me. I'd even love to see William Regal as their manager.

3 - UK Stable

Failing Cesaro/Barrett, then I'd still love an idea I've had for a while now that pits the Brits together. Sheamus, Barrett, McIntyre, Mason Ryan, William Regal and the newly debuting Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey. It'd add a bit of life back into Sheamus and Barrett. Regal on the mic would be gold. McIntyre and Ryan can do the midcard nothing. Neville and Grey can kickstart their careers on the main roster by rubbing shoulders with some huge names.

4 - Big Show and Mark Henry

Just a straight up, big monster heel team who F**k anybody who stands in their way. It also gives both something to do while waiting for another shot at the World Heavyweight Title. It could even ignite a feud between the two.

5 - Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt

In other words the Rotunda brothers from NXT. We've seen both briefly on WWE TV over the years, but pit them together as a tag team and maybe use their family history to give them the Blackjack name. F**k, even have JBL (a member of the New Blackjacks) or Barry Windham as their manager. Help them get over by having them being associated with a big name early on.

6 - Reforming of Legacy

Orton is going nowhere right now, Di Biase is a complete nobody and Rhodes is stuck in another meaningless tag team anyway. At least give him one with a story. Keep them growing this time with people like Richie Steamboat, Michael McGillicutty, Tamina and/or Natayla. (maybe I just like the idea of another huge stable of more than just three people)

7 - Matt Morgan (resigned) and Brock Lesnar

Morgan was brought into the WWE by Paul Heyman to be on Brock's Survivor Series team in 2003. He was then, like so many others, turned into a F***ing joke by the company. But now that Brock needs something to do other than feud with Triple H, why not bring Morgan back home to the WWE and allow he and himself to run the tag division.

8 - CM Punk and RVD

Speaking of "Paul Heyman Guys", why not go the whole hog and bring RVD back. He's left TNA as well now hasn't he? His and Punk's styles would suit each other perfectly. It'd also give both men something to do on their returns and with Heyman there as well, it'd just be F***ing perfect. I just don't know if their lifestyles would suit each other.

9 - Motor City Machine Guns

I'm sure Alex Shelley is currently unsigned to any of the major promotions so the WWE could do well to get him signed up quickly. And once he's there, get Chris Sabin in as well. I'm not a big fan of TNA but when I have watched it, I always enjoyed the quick paced and excellent team work of Shelley and Sabin. A bit like Ambrose and Rollins of the Shield in their all out frantic action.

10 - Jay Lethal and Kofi Kingston

I've constantly bemoaned seeing Kofi in another tag team but I think if the WWE were to sign Jay Lethal, another of the unsigned talents, they could do worse to pairing him up with Kofi. They both have a similar style, they're both very good faces and Kofi's inability to cut a promo could be hidden by the great charisma of Jay Lethal.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #10: May 01, 2013 05:17:49 pm
      Interesting you said Legacy because I swear I heard Cody say something to Orton about it in their match. Probably just trash talk.

The best booking for El Generico is he needs to come out to this:

ROH : El Generico 1st Theme - "Ole" Arena Effect [HD]
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #11: May 04, 2013 02:45:26 pm
      Speaking of El Genrico, he, apparently, tweeted the other day that "he believes in the Shield". http://ringpostsblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/is-el-generico-joining-the-shield/
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #12: Jun 22, 2013 11:56:02 am
      8 - CM Punk and RVD

Speaking of "Paul Heyman Guys", why not go the whole hog and bring RVD back. He's left TNA as well now hasn't he? His and Punk's styles would suit each other perfectly. It'd also give both men something to do on their returns and with Heyman there as well, it'd just be F***ing perfect. I just don't know if their lifestyles would suit each other.

Is this a possibility for MITB? (obviously without the management of Heyman)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2013 12:12:36 pm
      I'd love to see a heel Vince with The Shield as the Corporation vs a new DX with HHH as the leader. Thinking the group should be based around Ziggler as the main member.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2013 09:49:02 pm
      So with Vince making Vickie Guerrero the GM of SmackDown it's gotta be building up to a typical Survivor Series match where Triple H and Maddox pick a team to face Vince and Vickie's team. I must admit though, I don't know which is meant to be the face and the heel in this feud.

I also reckon after Ryback's hug of Vickie on RAW the other week will be leading to him getting a shot at SmackDown's premier title - the World Heavyweight Title. Possibly at SummerSlam as neither Ryback or Del Rio have anything on the card yet.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #15: Sep 07, 2013 02:03:14 pm
      I'd love to see a heel Vince with The Shield as the Corporation vs a new DX with HHH as the leader. Thinking the group should be based around Ziggler as the main member.

You weren't far wrong mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #16: Sep 20, 2013 03:31:46 pm
      Hell in a Cell 2012;

CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman) v Ryback with Brad Maddox special guest referee.

Hell in a Cell 2013;

CM Punk v Ryback (w/ Paul Heyman) with Brad Maddox special guest referee.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Feb 04, 2014 12:56:55 am
      Watching NXT before RAW starts thinking how good would it be if the top two rookies got a WM match? As I mentioned earlier in the WWE thread a while back, I think WWE need to start focusing more on branding NXT as what it is these days - a wrestling promotion that produces the next generation of superstars and not the sh*te it became when season 4(?) lasted forever and never seemed to end. I mean ffs they are having a contract signing for the NXT Championship!

My idea is that WWE should have someone with an actual eye for talent, maybe Regal as he does the commentary there, to recommend the best wrestler of the year to face the current champion at the grandest stage of them all. It could throw the winner right into the spotlight should they wish to push him further.

The main issues that would arise would be the crowd reaction would be null, unless a top indie star was involved. Also time is always a factor at WM, so this match would be a likely candidate to be chopped to make more available.

BTW, Bo Dallas is boring as hell.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #18: Feb 10, 2014 01:52:40 pm
      WrestleMania XXX card; (winners in bold)

WWE Title.
      Randy Orton v Batista v Daniel Bryan (c)

Career vs Streak
      Kane v Undertaker (Tripe H special guest ref)

US Title
      Dean Ambrose (c) v Roman Reigns v Seth Rollins

IC Title
      Big E Langston (c) v Mark Henry

Tag Team Title (TLC match)
      New Age Outlaws (c) v Usos v R-Truth/Xavier Woods v Wyatt Family v Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara v The Ascension

Divas Title
      AJ (c) v Paige

I Quit match
      Goldust v Cody Rhodes

Brock Lesnar v Sheamus

John Cena w/ Hulk Hogan v Bray Wyatt w/Jake "the snake" Roberts

pre show

IC Title number one contender's match (over the top rope elimination)
      Kofi v Cesaro v Ziggler v Miz v Barrett v Brodus Clay v Titus v Sandow v Fandango v Ryback

This still leaves the likes of Big Show, Khali, Christian, Swagger, Del Rio and of course CM Punk off the card. (all former world champions). As well as potential appearances (though not wrestling) from HBK, Ric Flair, Rock, Ultimate Warrior and Vinny Mc himself
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #19: May 08, 2014 12:00:21 am
      Payback card (winners in bold)

Kane v Daniel Bryan (buried alive match for WWE Title)
      Sheamus v Rose v Swagger v Rusev v Del Rio v Christian (Six nationality battle for US Title)
      Evolution v Shield (Elimination match)
      Barrett v Big Show (Intercontinental Title)
      Cesaro v RVD (Hardcore match)
      Cena v Bray Wyatt (I Quit match)
      Paige v Emma (Divas Title)
      Uso's v Ryback & Axel (Tag Team Titles pre show)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #20: Jun 05, 2014 04:29:50 pm
      Money in the Bank card;

Kane v Daniel Bryan (World Heavyweight Title - Buried Alive match) - I know it's a stretcher match but I'd rather a buried alive match
      Cesaro v Del Rio v Wyatt v Reigns v Rhodes v RVD (Money in the Bank ladder match - Cody cashes in later on that night to really solidify his heel turn)
      Barrett v Swagger (Intercontinental Title - Wade v Zeb on promos would be belting)
      Sheamus v Sandow (US Title)
      Rollins w/ Triple H v Ambrose w/ Ric Flair (Street Fight)
      Emma v Paige (Divas Title - Submission match)
      Rusev v Big E
      Uso's v Wyatt Family (Tag Team Titles)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #21: Jun 30, 2014 04:11:00 pm
      Initial Battleground card (and stories behind them)

Pre show;

Wyatt Family v Goldust & Stardust for the tag team title number one contendership. With the tag division a little short of teams, it's very easy to find a feud between these two. They trade victories on RAW and SmackDown in the weeks leading up to this decider. The Wyatt's pick up the victory, earning their shot at SummerSlam. Cody and Goldust finally implode at this point though. Cody says that the weak link of the team isn't actually him (or Stardust) but in fact Goldust.

Match 1;

Sheamus v Rusev for the US Title. It's time for Rusev to win some gold (and not some big gold star round his neck). Lana cuts promo after promo about how Russia is superior to America and how the Bulgarian Brute will prove it by capturing the US Title. Sheamus puts up a good effort but isn't good enough. Rusev picks up a, clean, victory over a main eventer and a title in the process.

Match 2;

Uso's v "New" Real Americans (Big E and Jack Swagger) for the Tag Team Titles.

After losing to Rusev at Money in the Bank, Big E continues his patriotic gimmick meanwhile Zeb turns his attention to the Samoan twin brothers of the Uso's. He reveals that he has a "new" Real American to team with Swagger and then outcomes America's new hero - Big E. While, the Uso's win Zeb and Big E show more face tendencies while Swagger remains heel. They get a rematch at Night of Champions against the Uso's in another losing effort but the team disband at that time as well - with both Swagger and Big E claiming to be the "Real American" and both going after the US Title in the up coming weeks.

Match 3;

Ziggler v Orton. Ziggler starts picking up victories over handpicked opponents of the Authority. He starts to really get under their skin, especially as his support continues to grow. The Authority call upon Orton to end Ziggler's winning streak but the Viper can't get the job done either. The Authority still refuse to give Ziggler a shot at the WWE Title, despite his impressive run of results. After another high profile wins, the Authority have to give in. They place him in a match against Sheamus at SummerSlam to determine the number one contender for the WWE Title. Sheamus has recently joined the Authority.

Match 4;

Kane & Rollins v Ambrose & Reigns. After Kane's interference at Money in the Bank, Ambrose is baying for his and Rollins' blood. His old friend Roman Reigns comes to the rescue because as far as we know, those two are still mates. The match itself is handed to the Shield when Triple H gets involved and hits Reigns with a steel chair. This sets up Reigns v Triple H at SummerSlam as well as hopefully a one-on-one battle between Ambrose and Rollins.

Match 5;

Bray Wyatt wins IC Title battle royal. Bad New Barrett's shoulder injury means he has to give up the IC strap, which sets up a series of qualifying matches on RAW, Main Event and SmackDown over the coming weeks for entry into a battle royal of 10 superstars. RVD, Del Rio, Mark Henry, Christian, Titus, Adam Rose, Sandow, Kofi and Tyson Kidd are the other competitors. It's got star power, high flying excitement and at long last Wyatt gets his win.

Match 6;

Paige v Emma for the diva's title. Paige claims that she's already proven to be too good on the main roster and that her list of challengers are already running out. Out steps Emma, who then says that her and Paige have unfinished business (referencing to their NXT past). The WWE allow them to put a 10-15 minute match.

Main Event;

Cena v Cesaro for the WWE Title. Heyman claims that Cesaro is the true champion and that Cena robbed that from him at Money in the Bank. While Cena is victorious, suddenly Brock Lesnar's music hits. Heyman then says that his, former, client Cesaro couldn't beat John Cena the man who ended the streak certainly can. Lesnar goes onto face Cena for the gold at SummerSlam and wins. Cena and Ziggler then have a match on RAW to determine which one of them will face Lesnar at Night of Champions (Ziggler wins)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2014 05:04:48 pm
      Survivor Series.

match 1

A 10 Divas match but not go for their predictable Total Divas v the rest of the roster bollocks. Instead, a good arl fashioned elimination battle royal to determine the number one contender for the Divas Title.

Natalya, Emma, Naomi, Charlotte (NXT), Alicia, Summer Rae, Cameron, Banks (NXT) Paige and a returning Tamina Snuka.

Before the match, Brie Bella was scheduled to be in the match but Nikki orders her personal assistant to withdraw so she can concentrate on helping Nikki become champ later on in the night. That leaves a spot open which Tamina takes. She dominates early on. Natalya eliminates Charlotte, which Ric Flair's daughter doesn't like and drags Nattie out with her - setting up a feud between them (as well as the Nature Boy and Hitman - just like on NXT only on a bigger scale this time around). Paige eliminates Alicia, infuriating her to go on one of her tantrums again. We're left with Sasha Banks, Paige and Tamina. Paige sets up an alliance with Banks to take out the much bigger and strong Snuka only for the Norwich native to turn on Banks and eliminate her first. Tamina and Paige have a good five to ten minute bout which is eventually won by Tamina.

Winner Tamina (other take away moments, Tamina gets into a new feud with AJ over the title, Charlotte and Sasha Banks are both called up permanently to the main roster, Charlotte and Natalya feud, Sasha Banks and Paige feud, Eva Marie and Rosa Mendes are kept as far away from the ring as possible).

match 2

AJ v Nikki Bella for the Divas Title.

As already stated Nikki has forced Brie to be in her corner for the match rather than the number one contenders match. Before the match Nikki is screaming at Brie backstage telling her the only thing that matters tonight is that Nikki wins the match. As AJ gets the upper hand, Brie jumps into the ring with a steel chair in tow. She smashes Nikki over the head with it allowing her twin to pick up the victory (as she was instructed to do) but not allow her to win the title. AJ, seething, clamps on the black widow on Brie - breaking her arm in the process.

Winner Nikki Bella (via DQ) (other take away moments, AJ retains the title, both Nikki and Brie are written off TV for a while due to injury (which can only be a good thing), their feud can still go a bit further - which with the help of some time off telly might improve them and the creative side of things, Brie has a reason to go after AJ when she returns, Tamina and AJ get to feud.

match 3

New Nation (Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi, Henry, Darren Young) v Show Time (Big Show, Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, Fandango, Ryder).

Xavier Woods' presents his new gimmick "a new day is coming" (or whatever it was) alongside Big E and Kofi. We finally get to see that faction come to a head. He is seen talking to Mark Henry in the locker room during an episode of RAW, talking to him about his problems with Big Show. Woods tells him that he can help Henry bring Big Show down.

Over the next few weeks Woods' faction attacks other members of the roster (Ryder/Fandango and put Khali out of action for some time). Kofi and Big E also pick up a couple of tag team victories over Slater Gator. Big Show demands a traditional 5 on 5 Survivor Series match against the New Nation. Woods agrees. And he promises a surprise or two.

They eliminate Ryder and Slater very quickly before beginning to torture Fandango. He is out. Big Show enters the ring against Henry but from behind is hit by O'Neil. The New Nation continue to beat down Show before helping O'Neil hit is power bomb on him. At the end of the match O'Neil celebrates with the New Nation.

Winner New Nation (other take away moments, we get the Xavier Woods faction, the Prime Time Players reform and add extra depth to the tag team division, Kofi and Big E get to show off their vicious side, Mark Henry gets to look like a complete monster again, Woods is actually doing something, it gives a great platform for another stable to go up against)

match 4

Russian Title match - Rusev v Ryback.

After defeating Sheamus for the US Title, Rusev and Lana decide to change it to the Russian Title. He defeats Sheamus in a rematch for the title on RAW. Then defends his title on every RAW, SmackDown and Main Event until Survivor Series. Ryback meanwhile has been building up his momentum again.

Lana claims there isn't anybody who can beat Rusev. Ryback answers the call. He's defending America's honour this time.

The match is a slug fest. Both giving a good account of themselves. Ryback breaks out of the Accolade, Rusev kicks out of Shell Shock. It's a back and forth match, exciting the fans in the process. Erick Rowan, continuing his creepy gimmick that he showed to Rene Young on RAW, walks down the ring and begins to freak out Lana. Rusev gets in between them and is eventually counted out.

Winner Ryback (via count out) (other take away moments, Rusev and Ryback both look like monsters, Rowan gets inserted into the title picture, Rusev loses but keeps the belt, Ryback gets another shot at it by winning, we get a triple threat monster match at TLC)

match 5

Usos v Miz & Mizdow v Los Matodores v Gold & Stardust for the Tag Team Titles.

After trading victories over each other over the next few weeks, the only way to determine who the best tag team in the WWE is to have a fatal-4-way match between the four teams.

The match has everything. It's a real showcase of the talent on display. Miz and Mizdow eventually win when Mizdow picks up the victory on Goldust.

Winner Miz & Mizdow (other take away moments, Miz celebrates the win like it was him who pinned Goldust - Mizdow doesn't approve. Miz and Mizdow eventually feud because of Miz constantly trying to claim victory for Mizdow's wins (at which point we would have a deeper tag division). Miz claims he created Mizdow. We get another fantastic tag team match.)

match 6

Bray Wyatt v Dean Ambrose in a No Holds Barred match.

The two deliver compelling promos constantly leading up to the match. The match itself is an old school No Holds Barred match. We end up all over the arena (and even outside for some of it). Ambrose eventually wins when he hits the Dirty Deeds through a table in the middle of the ring.

After the match though, the lights go out. When they come back on, Wyatt is sitting in his rocking chair at the top of the ramp laughing and unscathed. They go back out, come back on and Wyatt is lying in the ring bloodied. They go out again, come back on Wyatt is standing on the titantron, laughing and unscathed. They go out again and return with Wyatt in the middle of the ring bloodied. They go out for a final time, come back on with Wyatt standing behind an unaware Ambrose before hitting the sister abigail to him.

Winner Dean Ambrose (other take away moments, two of the next generation get to showcase their talent, they put on a great match, Ambrose picks up a much needed win, Wyatt gets the last laugh, the complete freak that Wyatt is remains as does the mystery surrounding him, they have a rematch at TLC - where Wyatt wins before concluding the feud at the Royal Rumble with an Ambrose victory)

match 7

Luke Harper v Sheamus for the IC Title.

Luke Harper beats Dolph Ziggler for the IC Title after help from the Authority stooges. After the match Harper says he doesn't need anybody's help anymore and especially not some half pint nobodies. He goes on to bully all the smaller members of the roster. Tyson Kidd, Bo Dalls, Justin Gabriel even Hornswoggle. He laughs about it. He enjoys being a bully.

Sheamus says it's time for him to pick on someone his own size. So at Survivor Series the two big men put on a great showing with Harper winning clean.

Winner Luke Harper (other take away moments, Harper gets a big win over a main eventer in Sheamus, Harper looks like a legit monster now, the IC Title is defended on one of the biggest shows of the year)

main event

Team Authority v Team Cena.

Cena struggles to get people to side with him but eventually he ends up with a team of himself, Ziggler, a returning RVD, Sami Zayn (NXT) and a surprise partner against Rollins, Kane, Cesaro, Swagger and Triple H himself. Ziggler's problems with the Authority are well documented. RVD returns saying that he has unfinished business with the Authority. Sami Zayn joins saying that the Authority is holding him back in NXT when he should be on the main roster already.

The match begins with Team Authority having the advantage because Cena's surprise partner hasn't arrived yet. The match goes on, still no sign of the 5th man. Zayn eliminates Swagger to even things up. Cesaro then gets rid of RVD and Ziggler making it 4-2 on the Authority's side (Triple H still not been in the ring).

Zayn eliminates Cesaro before Cena eliminates Kane levelling it up at two left. Zayn is finally taken out by Triple H who is then rushed by Cena and forced to tap to the STF. It's one-on-one. The fifth man is still nowhere. Cena v Rollins.

Cena goes for the AA but misses only to get caught by a curb stomp. That's it, Rollins has won. 1, 2,..."I hear voices in my head". Cole screaming "It's Orton, it's Orton, Randy Orton is back. He's coming straight for Seth Rollins. Is this the 5th man? Has Randy Orton joined John Cena after all these years?". RKO to Rollins. "Yes, Orton has joined Cena". Cena goes to shake Orton's hand. RKO to Cena "Oh my god Randy, what have you done?"

Ref counts to 10. Both Rollins and Cena are counted out and the match is a draw.

The Authority remain in power, Cena still doesn't actually lose. Orton hate everybody and will RKO anybody.

Another Survivor Series in the bag!

Quick Reply