Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling

Read 51609 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling
      Reply #621: Feb 11, 2013 10:21:20 pm
      Shelvey starting instead of Sterling, Coutinho or Borini was a mistake.

Shelvey was poor yes mate

Felt Brendan got his subs wrong tonight as well

Ah well. Still such a long way to go.. We are where we deserve to be
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #622: Feb 11, 2013 10:21:32 pm
      Shelvey starting instead of Sterling, Coutinho or Borini was a mistake.

Instead of Borini? Sorry but Borini shouldn't start another game this season. He has done absolutely F**k all apart from run round like a headless chicken and that can't be argued against!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs West Brom
      Reply #623: Feb 11, 2013 10:22:18 pm
      Well we through away another 3 points that we should have finished with. Fighting it out in the league with West Brom, its embarrassing and soul destroying how we are slipping further and further away every season.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #624: Feb 11, 2013 10:22:24 pm
      If we can't defend a corner properly might as well line 11 players between the post.  With that most probably we can defend better. Fed-up of the way we defended. Agger has been ball watching and slow to re-act far too long, time for him to spend some time on the bench and get Skrtel back.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #625: Feb 11, 2013 10:22:25 pm
      What is this 'tiki taka' you speak of?  Is it a way to win football matches?  ;)

Obviously NOT!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs West Brom
      Reply #626: Feb 11, 2013 10:22:33 pm
      Never dreampt this was going to be an easy match, but never imagined that outcome. So pissed off. can't say anyone deserves any praise for such a poor performance regarding penetration, inventiveness or variation. We made it so easy because we are so predictable going forward. Agger was crap again, and how many times did johnson give the ball away in the first half. Holds his run, then lets the defender get so close, he has no space to pass without a block. And Shelvey ? don't he understand the offside rule. Juast about every time we had a promising attack going, he would wander off side. F**k me...I could go on and on. The Pen ! The keeper had already started going down before Stevie hit it. FFS whats wrong with straight down the middle.  Subs come on, but tacticlly no changwe, same old. Thought we were on the up, but that, after City and Arse, shows we are back to normal. Turn it on against the top sides, Crap against the mid table.  Is it different players we need, or different tactics ? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      kop1
      • CGS L.F.C
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #627: Feb 11, 2013 10:22:54 pm
      We've been sh*t for years anyone who thinks we haven't  wants to wake up and smell  the coffee.a few good times  in 20 years this is what we've become  mid table nothing more nothing less.. Another sh*t day at work tomorrow  bas**rds
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,376 posts | 4974 
      Reply #628: Feb 11, 2013 10:23:21 pm
      Disappointing to see some go straight to the Borini thread to have a go when some of our most senior players were far worse tonight.

Johnson had the worst game I've seen from him in  quite some time and was matched, if you could call it that, by Jose on the other side.

Agger defends like a school boy and not for the first time.

But it's all Borini's fault. A guy just coming back from injury who only played about a third of the game.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #629: Feb 11, 2013 10:23:56 pm
      We have such a weak mentality. This was on display a lot last season, which is exactly what this game was a lot like. We fail to put chances away -- including a penalty FFS -- they go down and score the winner. Smash and grab and all that.

Where the weak mentality comes in is once we've conceded. Obviously, we were frustrated all night, but once they went ahead that was it for us. You could see in the players and in atmosphere too, if we're being honest. A good team with a strong mentality doesn't lose that game.

The mentality at all levels is weak.
      Certainly there is a lack of winning mentality and self belief.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #630: Feb 11, 2013 10:26:35 pm
      Borini is clearly suffering from low confidence and a lack of matches.
      Feel he should have started the game in place of Shelvey.
      He will come good...just needs a bit of luck.

SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #631: Feb 11, 2013 10:26:37 pm
      BR not saying anything derogatory about the team,thought our passing was very sloppy at times and too many lads had a night off and the longer it stayed at nil nil the more you could sense the panic which nullified the substitutions
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #632: Feb 11, 2013 10:27:44 pm
      Our defenders weren't this bad last season were they?  What's changed? 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #633: Feb 11, 2013 10:27:57 pm
      Disappointing to see some go straight to the Borini thread to have a go when some of our most senior players were far worse tonight.

Johnson had the worst game I've seen from him in  quite some time and was matched, if you could call it that, by Jose on the other side.

Agger defends like a school boy and not for the first time.

But it's all Borini's fault. A guy just coming back from injury who only played about a third of the game.

The whipping boy changes monthly or quarterly depending on the poster....but I agree plenty of blame to place on other players before it goes to Borini.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #634: Feb 11, 2013 10:27:58 pm
      I don't really see the problem with Shelvey starting, personally. He had a great game with the England u21s so was high on confidence. He was very poor today. Should put to bed that quote of his about not being in the side.

But when we look at the options, who could really have come in? Borini who's completely shot of confidence? Sterling who hasn't looked his best in months? Assaidi who's out of favor? Coutinho who's never played English football? Allen who's not only short of confidence himself, but is also the whipping boy? Suso who's hardly gotten minutes lately?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #635: Feb 11, 2013 10:28:21 pm
      Conceded 6 goals in 3 games.
      Shockingly bad.

2 in each.
      Not the kind of consistency I was looking for.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #636: Feb 11, 2013 10:28:38 pm
      Instead of Borini? Sorry but Borini shouldn't start another game this season. He has done absolutely f**k all apart from run round like a headless chicken and that can't be argued against!

How dare you.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,376 posts | 4974 
      Reply #637: Feb 11, 2013 10:30:19 pm
      I don't really see the problem with Shelvey starting, personally. He had a great game with the England u21s so was high on confidence. He was very poor today. Should put to bed that quote of his about not being in the side.

But when we look at the options, who could really have come in? Borini who's completely shot of confidence? Sterling who hasn't looked his best in months? Assaidi who's out of favor? Coutinho who's never played English football? Allen who's not only short of confidence himself, but is also the whipping boy? Suso who's hardly gotten minutes lately?

I think with Henderson playing inside where Jonjo was it would have gave us more energy there and I'd have been happy to see one of Sterling, Borini or Coutinho wide left.

Jonjo was pissed he was dropped but I'm more pissed that he played like that after getting a place back in the side.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #638: Feb 11, 2013 10:30:47 pm
      Shelvey was wasteful oncemore . He gets into good positions and then can't finish it off . Rodgers needs to work on that aspect of his game .
      miko13
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #639: Feb 11, 2013 10:30:52 pm
      from 3-0 now 2-0 definitely :mad: improving
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #640: Feb 11, 2013 10:31:22 pm
      I think if Sturridge was even 75% tonight then he should have played.  Him at 75% is better than anything Sterling/Borini/Shelvey did tonight.  I don't know.  In about 3 games he's become an essential part of our attack.  Other players have played through niggling injuries.
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #641: Feb 11, 2013 10:32:22 pm
      I know i'm really young in this forum, and also in life, but i love this club with all my heart. I saw the match on tele, and it was unveliabale, and yes even pathetic if you look at the stats, 25 shots from our beloved club, 5 from west brom, the possesion, and all we were by far the better team, but something it's been going on for years now. And i don't believe it's the manager fault, or an especific player, becasue this time stevie fail the pen, but last game against city, Reina was to blame, and so on. I Believe it's something bigger, it's about mentality, or at least it's the way i see it, we don't have that killer instinct we need to have in order to challenge for honours.

This is a hard time, our champions league hopes again have suffer a serious setback.

But you know what, we need to stick together, we need to find that thing that is missing, and fight. And be calm, because we have a good manager, we are on our way, i know it's hard to see it right now, but we're on track, but before throwing everything to the garbage, let's just support the team, hard times will come again, WE ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS, and this time is for real, we're not wasting our time, i strongly believe it.

Let's believe, work and carry on. In years time, we'll be winning leagues and challenging for champions league glory again. 
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #642: Feb 11, 2013 10:32:47 pm
      Every time we have a chance to close the gap with the upper part of the table we blow it. It had happened many times this season. Mental block anyone?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #643: Feb 11, 2013 10:33:07 pm
      I think with Henderson playing inside where Jonjo was it would have gave us more energy there and I'd have been happy to see one of Sterling, Borini or Coutinho wide left.

Jonjo was pissed he was dropped but I'm more pissed that he played like that after getting a place back in the side.

Selection messed about with the shape - all we had to do was put Luis back up top and play someone else in their natural position.

Quick Reply