Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling

Read 51078 times
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling
      Reply #667: Feb 11, 2013 10:53:11 pm
      Good post

Now get to your f#n bed - it's a school night!

;)

:D i'm not that young mate i'm 26.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #668: Feb 11, 2013 10:54:15 pm
      Last season if we had a game like this - dominating, creating chances - only to lose the game on the opponent's first chance, we would be unlucky, and the players to blame for not taking their chances.

This season it's tactical... it's something for Rodgers, the young unexperienced manager, to learn how to deal with.

If it's a tactical issue, then it's nothing new, cause the same happened last season. I just wonder why the judgement is different.

That's a good challenge Diego - but or me it isn't different and I steadfastly defended Kenny. Boss got stuff wrong tonight but too many players woefully underperformed - that was the bigger issue.

Whether he made the right changes at the right times in light of that is how he responds to adversity.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #669: Feb 11, 2013 10:54:42 pm
      For me, BR picked the most bizarre team imaginable. He plays Hendo and Shelvey playing in Sterling's and Borini's natural position whilst the latter two warm the bench. I also do not think Borini did anything to answer his critics. On the whole, with the exception of Reina (I'd give 7/10), I pretty much agree with the scores in the post above.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #670: Feb 11, 2013 10:55:47 pm
      Steve Clarke was our defensive coach last season. Enough said.

But this season, we also seem to have gone to a zonal marking system at set pieces. Plus BR insists on the defenders playing the ball out of defence whereas last season it was a case of clear the ball. We need to revert to type until the end of the season until we get a ball-playing defender to suit BR's tactics.
      I remember when Rafa had us playing zonal marking and it didn't work out too good.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #671: Feb 11, 2013 10:56:03 pm
      I was surprised to see Jonjo back in the side and even more surprised by how poorly he played.

Having said that he is still a young lad with plenty of potential although he does seem to be going backwards a bit.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #672: Feb 11, 2013 10:56:20 pm

I'm old enough to be your brother!
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #673: Feb 11, 2013 10:59:52 pm
      I'm old enough to be your brother!

:D, i said really young life, because everytime i feel all grown-up, something happens that reminds me that i don't know a thing about life so.. :D. And thanks for your reply for my post. Cheers!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #674: Feb 11, 2013 11:00:36 pm

You should be ashamed of yourself - still at school at 26!!! No wonder - staying up this late on the Internet instead of reading a book!

Why I oughta....
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #675: Feb 11, 2013 11:01:13 pm
      I was surprised to see Jonjo back in the side and even more surprised by how poorly he played.

Having said that he is still a young lad with plenty of potential although he does seem to be going backwards a bit.

Biggest disappointment of the night mate, should never of come back from Blackpool judging by what he's done since. Was doing him the world of good and should be out on loan again, clearly not ready.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #676: Feb 11, 2013 11:03:21 pm
      Biggest disappointment of the night mate

Agree mate.

Even though I was surprised to see him start I'm a big fan of Shelvey but really disappointed in him tonight.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #677: Feb 11, 2013 11:04:19 pm
      Just a thought are we to Blame as well as the team.
      Against the better teams were really up for it and our away fans sing a lot more.
      Got the feeling tonight from the fans before the game that we were getting 3 points, I think we need to shout louder and more against the weaker sides
      Just a thought
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #678: Feb 11, 2013 11:05:25 pm
      You should be ashamed of yourself - still at school at 26!!! No wonder - staying up this late on the Internet instead of reading a book!

Why I oughta....

:D well, i'm not in school anymore, and nobody around me loves this club, or even watch it. So for me to share my toughts or support for our beloved club, it's riceless, even online. Cheers!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #679: Feb 11, 2013 11:06:14 pm
      BBC Fachts this evening .....

12 points from 4th, 12 points from 4th from bottom. Liverpool can truly call themselves a middle table team tonight"

Hugh Dickinson:
      "Liverpool have come up short every time against big forwards this year. When will Rodgers realise that Agger isn't good enough?"

Bertie Wnek:
      "Borini and Allen for 27.5 million, I'd rather have my postman for that money. Terrible summer business from Rodgers."

OptaJoe:

"34 - Only once in the 3 points for a win era have Liverpool had fewer points from 26 games than they do this season (1992-93: 4).    Slump."

emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #680: Feb 11, 2013 11:07:01 pm
      Liverpool at the moment are where we deserve to be. No strength in depth of any real quality, when the first eleven is fit and playing well they look a decent side but if things aren't going our way we've not got anything better or of equal quality.

That leads to players knowing they're not being pushed for they're places in the side.

Reina
      Agger
      Johnson
      Enrique

All of the above have defended poorly and seem to lose concentration in a lot of games this season but they know they'll more or less stay in the team as we've got noe one else to really push them for they're places in the side.

Look at Stewart Downing compared to a year ago when he was in the same position but now he's performing as he knows he's playing for his Liverpool career.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #681: Feb 11, 2013 11:08:17 pm
      :D well, i'm not in school anymore, and nobody around me loves this club, or even watch it. So for me to share my toughts or support for our beloved club, it's riceless, even online. Cheers!

;)

A bad night - that's for sure. Where you from mate?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #682: Feb 11, 2013 11:10:09 pm
      That episode was taken from our Home games from last season.
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #683: Feb 11, 2013 11:13:51 pm
      ;)

A bad night - that's for sure. Where you from mate?

I'm from Mexico, and yep bad night mate, but this is were the passion for our club appears, i believe better days will come, can you imagine what it will feel, when achieve glory again, this times right now, this night, will be worth the wait, and i know it's hope, but hey!, i believe we are on a process a real process this time.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #684: Feb 11, 2013 11:14:37 pm
      Remember when we were screaming about Man City and others sniffing around for Agger/Skrtel....25-30m CB Agger was by estimate just 7 months ago....my how thing change.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #685: Feb 11, 2013 11:15:34 pm
      I knew today was too good to be true, a nice fast day at work, the walking dead waiting for me when I got home and a Liverpool game.. It was all going so well.... :mad:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #686: Feb 11, 2013 11:18:21 pm
      the walking dead waiting for me when I got home and a Liverpool game.. It was all going so well.... :mad:

I think the zombies had more fight in them than our players did tonight.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #687: Feb 11, 2013 11:21:38 pm
      Remember when we were screaming about Man City and others sniffing around for Agger/Skrtel....25-30m CB Agger was by estimate just 7 months ago....my how thing change.
      How much do you reckon they're worth now AZ ?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #688: Feb 11, 2013 11:28:07 pm
       Not had a chance to watch this yet, just heard snippets via a radio with bad reception.  Been three years now, where we've turned games that have a must win feel, into zero points.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #689: Feb 11, 2013 11:38:14 pm
      Game was poor tonight.

Lucas and Gerrard far too deep.  Substitutions blew my mind.   All of them were bad ones.

I don't need to bang on about Rodgers' inexperience, my question marks about his ability to motivate the players, or whether the players have much respect for him.

The League Table is doing all the talk for me.

Carry on taking the wrong players off, and playing two central midfielders just in front of our centre-backs and we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

Oh, and for about the 30th game this season - Great defending from set-pieces.

Quick Reply