Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling

Read 50215 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling
      Reply #782: Feb 12, 2013 10:33:07 pm
      Amazing what the slightest bit of research can do!

And Mike Marsh is first team coach.

Research my arse ya c**t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #783: Feb 12, 2013 10:34:24 pm

Who's the tea lady then smartarse :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #784: Feb 12, 2013 10:40:03 pm
      Who's the tea lady then smartarse :f_tongueincheek: ;D

Ayre. :P
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #785: Feb 12, 2013 10:41:11 pm

Is he qualified for that? ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #786: Feb 12, 2013 10:42:29 pm

No, but Henry reckons he does a mean coffee.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #787: Feb 12, 2013 10:45:36 pm

Trouble is he is trying to make the tea without teabags at the moment. Says they are too dear and no value in them, hopes to get some in the summer sales.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #788: Feb 12, 2013 10:54:08 pm
      Trouble is he is trying to make the tea without teabags at the moment. Says they are too dear and no value in them, hopes to get some in the summer sales.

I hear he's invested in some plantations.
      No product yet but we'll be self sufficient soon.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #789: Feb 12, 2013 10:56:13 pm

I'm not researching that thing! Who knows what kind of creatures lurk there?! :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #790: Feb 12, 2013 10:56:25 pm
      I think you'll find the tea has gone to Lady Zelda - who is using it to inform her advice to the owners on football matters.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #791: Feb 12, 2013 10:58:47 pm
      I hear he's invested in some plantations.
      No product yet but we'll be self sufficient soon.

What the f#ck does it say about the canteen that the alcohol based hand cleaner is sitting out on the worktop for use!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #792: Feb 12, 2013 11:00:55 pm
      I'm not researching that thing! Who knows what kind of creatures lurk there?! :laugh:

Its a known health hazard.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #793: Feb 12, 2013 11:29:23 pm
      Still reeling from this result!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #794: Feb 12, 2013 11:44:48 pm
      I hear you.

It's a similar scenario to (last season) when some were blaming the tactics but this season it's the players fault and (last season) the new signings who were sh*t but this season the new signings aren't under the same scrutiny (from the same people) and last season, for some, the table didn't lie but this season... well you get my drift.

Sadly that's just human nature mate; we all "take sides" and having done so we all tend to "ignore" our own hypocrisy when pointing out the failings of others. I try to be consistent but I'm probably as guilty as most. Then again, like I said: we are all the same and it's best we don't kid ourselves otherwise.

There's one thing for sure; (up until now) when you look at things objectively, there's been no sign of progress. Squad strength/depth hasn't improved (players/transfer policy ?) and tactics/system hasn't brought any better results (manager ?).

We can blame whoever we want (transfers/players/system/manager), put whatever slant we want on the facts but the chances are high enough that, come May, this season's "strategies" will have produced nothing in terms of measurable progress (football wise). And that is only what most fans will see... I now realise that who they "blame" is immaterial.  :-\

I'm sorry but we're not all the same. Of course we all have biases but some take it ridiculously far. It's all very well that people are still angry about Kenny being sacked, but there's no need to put it on the wrong shoulders - it's not Rodgers fault.

For example, I've seen people here who were desperately defending Henderson in his first season who aren't even embarrassed at ruling Joe Allen completely out at such an early stage, for example.

By the way, let's say I have a little impression that you're talking about me there. I disagree but would be open to discuss any hypocrisy totally open minded. Go on then.

As for progress, I would agree this season hasn't shown clear signs of progress. It can surely be debated that progress can take longer than that, though. This season we've seen more players going than coming - perhaps the plan is more of a long term. Whether it's the correct decision, it's even more debatable, and hard to evaluate right now.

It was just a small point that last season you said missed chances were not an excuse for our poor season. If that is true, they cannot be to blame in this season either.

For me it is simple. Last season wasn't good enough and the manager took the blame. This season is developing into more of the same minus the cup runs and Brendan now has to accept criticism.

Last season we dominated games and didn't win and it is happening again. I think teams let us dominate knowing that we struggle to break sides down and our defence has a bit of a soft centre to it.

Yeah, I said so last season and I still think the same now, never said any different. I'm only questioning why the "new system" is taking the blame for something that isn't even new.

A lot of our players are not good enough. That's what I meant when I said last season that "luck" can only be an excuse up to a certain point. When it keeps happening (missed chances) over an extended period of time, then there's something really wrong there. And it was already wrong, so it has nothing to do with the "new system".
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #795: Feb 13, 2013 12:19:42 am
      Just got back to Londinium now from the game... Had the world moanyest fan next to me as well ffs... Allocate me away from that morbid ***t time please.. The only reason I didn't kidney punch him was because on this occasion 60% of his winey ass comments were probably justified..

I rate Jonjo but sh*t....? *shakes head*

Johnno was strangely disappointing too....   

Imo, Downing was our best performer before getting subbed..?

sh*t result, freezing, nearly slipped into depression due to our performance, result and that ***t next to me but still worth the copius amounts of money spent... *sighs* YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #796: Feb 13, 2013 12:32:29 am
      That's not perspective just pure negative
      Nope, that's not negative, that's being a realist and seeing things for what they are. Else go back and prove that I am wrong

Sack the manager? No, that's an extreme thing to even suggest buddy. You know, it is possible to review a match adn the performances of all concerned, without wanting anyone sacked. It's called a review.

We don't have the strength in depth yet,patience is what is lacking,
      Patience is what I have. You really do assume too much

Brendan will make mistakes but I really think some of the reaction on here is laughable.
      Stick around, you ain't seen nothing yet

Oh at the bottom of your page you quote the great Bob Paisley.something about when lost in a fog you stick together,think you should read that again and think about it.

Listen 'wise one', you are talking complete tripe. Trying to label me as someone with no patience and who is looking to get the gaffer sacked. Let me get you up to speed, I'm fully behind the gaffer, always have been, and I've regularly stuck up for him whilst others have wielded the axe. Not saying that to make others think I'm some 'cool supporter'. I don't give a crap about those titles, I'm just putting you right, because your appraisal of my support is so off the mark, it's mad.

Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #797: Feb 13, 2013 03:45:09 am
      Silly thing to say, on both accounts. The first is disrespectful of an LFC manager, the other is pointless because both managers operate under VERY different circumstances - so can't be compared

Silly thing? You're a funny guy, mate. But, hey, it's all right. Keep thinking like that and let's just hope there won't be any reasons for anyone to start comparing them in the coming months. "Let's see, I can play under Pep Guardiola, the best manager in the world, or I can play under Bampot Rodgers, who has broccoli in his socks. Whom should I choose?" That sort of comparing.

Oh, and, did you notice I just was disrespectful to the manager again? You respect him all you want, if that's your trip. Me, I won't. I don't think he deserves it.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #798: Feb 13, 2013 04:56:42 am
      Rodgers has only had 8 months with this somewhat average side you impatient sods.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #799: Feb 13, 2013 05:47:18 am
      Rodgers has only had 8 months with this somewhat average side you impatient sods.

Wouldn't say they are an excellent "group" myself but I would say they are better than average and should be higher up the table then what they currently are. Yes there are some average players in the group but then there are some seasoned and world class internationals amongst them; CL proven, national side captains and world cup winners so the mix is there it's a matter of finding the right balance.

IMHO they are capable of doing better then what the table shows.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #800: Feb 13, 2013 06:08:40 am
      really guys... BR has only been here for 8 months.  He has instilled a new style of play so I believe his priorities are this

1) instill new playstyle
      2) use this season to make playstyle stick
      3) figure out who over the course of the season really doesnt fit well in new playstyle
      4) use summer transfer window to fix

therefore, I believe next season we should start seeing BR's really vision on the field
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #801: Feb 13, 2013 06:10:31 am
      Wouldn't say they are an excellent "group" myself but I would say they are better than average and should be higher up the table then what they currently are. Yes there are some average players in the group but then there are some seasoned and world class internationals amongst them; CL proven, national side captains and world cup winners so the mix is there it's a matter of finding the right balance.

IMHO they are capable of doing better then what the table shows.

Just more evidence of the dumbing down of expectations mate. This is a side that last season won a league cup, got to the final of an F.A. Cup, had the 2nd best defensive record in the league and has since had £50m worth of investment, which is right up there with the most in the league.

This same average group that over a season last year had a record of Played 15 Won 9 Drew 2 Lost 4 against Man U/Arsenal/Everton/City, average my arse.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #802: Feb 13, 2013 06:52:02 am
      First time in the forum since the loss.  Watching that match made me feel like I had been sweet chin musiced, stunnered, Tomb Stoned Pile Drived by the Grim Reaper himself.

Couldn't understand the Hendo sub.  Thought he was good and the reason we were attacking them and defending well too.  Boo HOO. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #803: Feb 13, 2013 07:01:10 am
      First time in the forum since the loss.  Watching that match made me feel like I had been sweet chin musiced, stunnered, Tomb Stoned Pile Drived by the Grim Reaper himself.

Couldn't understand the Hendo sub.  Thought he was good and the reason we were attacking them and defending well too.  Boo HOO. 
      I understand what you are saying,I think the general concensus is Henderson should not of been subbed,The lad adds some steel and fight to the team.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #804: Feb 13, 2013 07:33:07 am
      I thot we controlled the game almost throughout.Gerrard's miss is no excuse for our lost.We lost cause we do not have a cutting edge in scoring goals and a weak mentality of succumbing to accepting defeat too easily.There was no fighting spirit,no anger fightback vein shown in not accepting defeat in this game even after 0-2 down.Brendan needs to instill those "never give up" and "defeat is never acceptable especially at Anfield" mentality into the players whatever the excuses and reasons are.Even after controlling the game prior to that 1st goal "setback",the response should have been fierce and "violent" and not a meek,tired,we've tried our best for 70mins or so to score but WBA scores in the end attitude which have clearly exemplifies BR's squad this season.There's no pride for those players after winning a game for LFC or worst after losing a game for LFC.

Quick Reply