Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre Match: Zenit v Liverpool (Europa League, 14/02/13, 5pm GMT)

Read 7755 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Re: Pre Match: Zenit v Liverpool (Europa League, 14/02/13, 5pm GMT)
      Reply #46: Feb 14, 2013 11:11:35 am
      Away goals are absolutely crucial, as the team is always likely to concede home or away these days. I would take a score draw as a decent result tonight.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #47: Feb 14, 2013 11:25:08 am

[/quote]
      Seriously think Zenit should be banned for not addressing the racist issues that riddles their support base like the cancer it is.
      The f**king nonesense that saw Luis vilifyed and banned by the football ''authorities'' does not bear comparison to the homophobic, religious and racial abuse that is taken for granted when Zenit do their party piece.
      If there were any consistent regulatory medium Zenit would be ordered to play the game behind closed doors, given the fact they have no control over the moron section of their supporters.
      Ban the f**k out of them.

Spalletti has actually come out & said that the club does not agree with this very small minority
      of the supporters who hold that view. He has publicly said the club is open to all.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Feb 14, 2013 11:41:02 am
      Field our strongest team.

We aint going to win the league title are we?

Lets salvage this season ....once of high expectation .................(again.)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #49: Feb 14, 2013 12:16:38 pm

link=topic=44427.msg1432628#msg1432628 date=1360841108]

Spalletti has actually come out & said that the club does not agree with this very small minority
      of the supporters who hold that view. He has publicly said the club is open to all.

From reports it is a sizeable number, if you scan previous games it can be seen the offenders are very noticeable and very vocal.
      My point is the club is infamous for this conduct and the atrocious behaviour is now more or less accepted as par for the course, a state of affairs that has come about because of the club's innaction in addressing the issue - the malady by it's very nature can only multiply.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013 12:28:04 pm by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #50: Feb 14, 2013 01:00:24 pm
      Yesil is out for the best part of a year.

Strongest team please.
      We are already "resting" Sturridge and Coutinho.
      I'd expect:

Reina

Johnson/Wisdom  Carra      Agger  Enrique/Johnson

Lucas   

Gerrard                 Henderson

Downing                   Suarez                     Sterling

All going well then take off Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez in the second half.

That leaves:

Jones, Skrtel, (Wisdom or Enrique), Allen, Shelvey, Borini, (Coady or Suso)

That folks is all that is available in our squad.

That's what I'd like to see Racer although I had Borini instead of Sterling and Skrtel instead of Carra.

I don't see any benefit in resting any of our best players, apart from Carra although I'd play him if he was able to, as I want to see us win this.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #51: Feb 14, 2013 01:09:12 pm
      This forum is going to be carnage if we don't play a full strength team and then go on to lose badly. So Brendan, do us all a favour. ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: Feb 14, 2013 01:18:18 pm
      Think he will mix it up a bit, but still go with a strong team. Skirtel will defo play, as Carra struggles with 2 games a week.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #53: Feb 14, 2013 01:21:51 pm
      Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Coates, Johnson; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Henderson, Sterling, Suarez.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #54: Feb 14, 2013 01:30:21 pm
      Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Coates, Johnson; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Henderson, Sterling, Suarez.

I don't mind that Diego although I wouldn't play Coates and have Agger in there.

It gives us a very solid look away from home and should have enough to keep the ball well in midfield and has Sterling and Suarez for the pace and threat up front.

Having said that I'd much prefer to see Henderson in the middle with Downing and one of Sterling or Borini wide as myself and racer had posted earlier.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 14, 2013 01:50:24 pm
                       Reina

Johnson     Skertel         Carra      Agger

Gerrard

Downing                                      Enrique

Henderson         Suarez

Borini

Sub: Sterling, Jones, Coates, Suso, Allen,

If nil nil in 60 min  bring on coates for carra as he can nick a goal from set pieces and who can forget his wonder goal in the EPL.  Also he can solidify defence with fresh stamina and speed.  Otherwise keep unchanged.  If we go down than quick sub after half time bring on Sterling for Johnson and again carra  for coates in a more attacking role (big Striker role).  Rest do sub for time wasting and keep in mind good positional sense when making subs and take off only bad preforming player no matter whom it maybe.

A win if not a draw please.  Nice and Fine display Lads.  Show some grit and determination pretty please with a cherry on top.  Go for a win worst comes worst a draw.  No loss please.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #56: Feb 14, 2013 01:55:26 pm
      Keep forgetting this is an early kick off so I'll have to nip out now to get back in time.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #57: Feb 14, 2013 01:58:27 pm
      No Lucas.  Gerrard to do his job tonight for my team selection and crisp passing and vision.  hendo the mid field all rounder doing Kuyt job.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #58: Feb 14, 2013 02:07:31 pm
      I don't mind that Diego although I wouldn't play Coates and have Agger in there.

It gives us a very solid look away from home and should have enough to keep the ball well in midfield and has Sterling and Suarez for the pace and threat up front.

Having said that I'd much prefer to see Henderson in the middle with Downing and one of Sterling or Borini wide as myself and racer had posted earlier.

Yeah I thought of giving Coates another chance (his last one was catastrophic but he's better than that) but I wouldn't mind Danny playing again, even though I've been disappointed with him of late.

Allen's last performances were sub-par but I think too many are writing him out too soon, forgetting he was actually our player of the month in the early stages of the season. I think playing him would give us greater control in midfield which will be important in an away game.

I also considered the possibility of using Shelvey there but he's been too erratic and actually not that good at keeping possession.

Henderson is doing a great job from a tactical point of view playing in the front-three, although he frustrates me with a lack of creativity, but I still wouldn't mind him there again for the time being.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #59: Feb 14, 2013 02:09:02 pm
      Yeah I thought of giving Coates another chance (his last one was catastrophic but he's better than that) but I wouldn't mind Danny playing again, even though I've been disappointed with him of late.

Allen's last performances were sub-par but I think too many are writing him out too soon, forgetting he was actually our player of the month in the early stages of the season. I think playing him would give us greater control in midfield which will be important in an away game.

I also considered the possibility of using Shelvey there but he's been too erratic and actually not that good at keeping possession.

Henderson is doing a great job from a tactical point of view playing in the front-three, although he still frustrates me with a lack of creativity, but I still wouldn't mind him there again for the time being.

I wouldn't mind Allen playing either and as I said quite like the look of your side but also feel Downing deserves to keep his place and would give us some balance out wide especially if Wisdom plays.

Time will tell.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #60: Feb 14, 2013 02:56:44 pm
      we  rested a lot of players against Oldham- and the result was?
        Zenit are far more better than oldham are they?

so why do we have to rest  players too
       Go with the strongest  we have IMHO
            YNWA
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #61: Feb 14, 2013 03:05:27 pm
      I just read that article posted here. I hope we walk off if the "fans" get out of control. F**k them i say. Its time fifa show some backbone and ban them from Europa league and other competitions, so they can rot until they behave themself.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #62: Feb 14, 2013 03:15:20 pm
      Dammit I won't be able to watch this game! I think I've seen a grand total of 115 minutes of us in the Euorpa League (before watching replays and that).

Any idea on a rumored teamsheet?
      redno7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 14, 2013 03:27:13 pm
      Brendan's team sheet so far...

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #64: Feb 14, 2013 03:34:02 pm
      Brendan's team sheet so far...

haha good one!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #65: Feb 14, 2013 03:53:17 pm

Quick Reply