Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Zenit 2-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate

Read 32589 times
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Re: Zenit 2-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #460: Feb 15, 2013 06:09:01 am
      Welcome to the best forum in the world Mr.Doo. 
      Post match thoughts.  Well I think the team selection was wrong.  Joe Allen and Henderson should never, EVER be playing together as Mr. KopLuke rightly pointed out.  Before in the pre match thread I had gone for defensive stability. I am not the gaffer nor should I be as I have no experience in management and bren for sure is 100% better than me.
      But my tactics for the game would have been.  Fuok that a five man defense.  gerrard defensive midielder.  Henderson to run around all the fookin blade of grass for 90 mins + xtra time trying to get a few cracks at goal.  Glen, Enrique and downing the usual supsects marauding forward during the break with suarez behind Borini ( Both also droping to midfields and defending like hell). 

Ideas sometimes don't work out and I'm sure Bren had some plans.  Not saying my idea is an eye pleaser.  But its two legs and we are playing sh*t and sometimes even a dour 0-0 is better than a 2-0 loss  :confused-smiley-013:

Having said that a minor positive for the game was we did hold own for whats hat a good 70-75 min and it did take a screacherG6 force that looked like a fireball hurtling towards earth and a fooking defensive laps that we are so fookin prone too so for too fookin long.

First a tombstone pile driver now a Hulk Squash.  For the old skool possees brace tight.  Batten down the hatches.  Winter, doom and Gloom and life's nasties are eating inside your head.  Be strong and brave the storm for no matter how sad you may be.  Stick together.  Friens are always around during the good times.  True frens are always there for you when you most need them.  A Fookin Full house with  all the banners, songs and total intimidation of Zenit players is a must.  So YOU know WHO you are.  The leaders in the Forum need to stand up, organise and make the zenit players welcome at first than after the whistle make their life a complete misery.  Thats all we can do and hope that bren has a scoting network in this forum to look at some of our forum tactic styles and give it a though and review atleat.  Commendable job you lot did to get Hicks and Gillett out.  Its now your duty to also help in all way that as a club we will not be a mid table club or more scary relegation material than get demoted.  Thats a no no.

for the new Skool I am sorry that we are in such a state in footballing terms and can only hope and pray that things will turn around for the better.  You need patience.  if you don't have patience than fuk off  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #461: Feb 15, 2013 07:33:42 am
      Greets from Zenit ultra 2 all Liverpool fans, I just want to say thank you for the beautiful game today, you played well and I was rly glad to see such a well-supported and respected club on our stadium.It was great for me 2 see Steve G, Carra, Pepe Reina and surely our loving Martin is St.P today=)

Thank you lads for a real football show, and lets f**k up all this fabricated stories which were published in British press and other stupid political ravings.

The main thing is that we all love football.
      Good luck 2 all, want 2 see Liverpool and Zenit in CL group stage, Europe League is not for us=)

PS:Sorry for bad English.
      With love from both St.P and Finland

Da Da.

Thank you comrade.

With love from us all here including our spokesman Sergei.
      He is not in to political ravings.

http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #462: Feb 15, 2013 07:46:25 am
      Well after the wet brom game where I wasn't to critical thought this was crack tbh.
      Going a goal down was heads down non starter for ten again.
      The midfield looked toothless mo bite very sluggish.
      And up front oh dear,god how we miss Daniel ,our best chances were 2fuck ups.poor.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #463: Feb 15, 2013 07:55:26 am
      Well after the wet brom game where I wasn't to critical thought this was crack tbh.
      Going a goal down was heads down non starter for ten again.
      The midfield looked toothless mo bite very sluggish.
      And up front oh dear,god how we miss Daniel ,our best chances were 2fuck ups.poor.

Brrrap!
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #464: Feb 15, 2013 08:29:00 am
      What is the latest injury news on Sturridge?  Will he be playing against Swansea this Sunday? 
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #465: Feb 15, 2013 08:55:57 am
      what's that supposed to mean??
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #466: Feb 15, 2013 09:04:28 am
      think it means you're talking out your wrong end.  Might be wrong tho.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #467: Feb 15, 2013 10:32:58 am
      Seriouzlee bouys it's tyme to sort hour fuking spelling oout on hear becus its getting attrotius.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #468: Feb 15, 2013 10:34:50 am
      Confidence has to be at an all time low after the WBA game and last night. I thought BR got things right as well as he could have in terms of selection considering Sturridges' absence. When you come out of a European away tie and you could have scored 4 it can't have gone all bad. Unfortunately Suarez's finishing was off which meant we didn't take advantage of the openings he worked. I still think we lack guile and ingenuity in the point of the midfield, we don't have a number 10 to play there with genuine skill, vision and technique. Henderson works hard and gets into some good positions but just isn't good enough with the ball to justify selection there beyond when absolutely needed. Hopefully Coutinho will prosper there, but I think he'll be utilised more as one of the wing forwards.

We had defended fairly well, Carra, Enrique and Johnson all doing well I thought, especially Jose up against Hulk. So it was unfortunate when Henderson was robbed (would a better 10 have controlled it and passed it on?) and Skrtel decided to back off Hulk instead of applying pressure as he should have. Fair enough though, that was some strike. But the most disappointing point of the night came after that first goal. One nil down away in Europe you should stay tight and look for that away goal to turn the tie on its head. Instead, Sterling lost the ball out on the right and completely failed to make any effort to get back, leaving Enrique with a two on one situation. Even then the ball should have been cut out by Skrtel but again he's more focused on the man when he should have just fookin cleared it. So out of position, lazy covering and poor last man defending cost us that second. As soon as Sterling was dispossessed I was screaming at him to get back across because Anyukov was in acres.

Was so disappointing the way we capitulated after the first and I think that's the most worrying thing about the performance, not the occasional lack of imagination in the last few zones, or the sometimes wayward passing. The capitulation for me showed a lack of mental strength or togetherness about the squad at the moment, and I think now it's down to BR to address that and get some fortitude back into our performances, especially when we concede. It's also down to him and the coaches to work with the players we have to cut out some of these basic defensive errors that have blighted this season.

Having said all that, an away trip to Russia is never easy and Zenit have real quality in their line up. I thought we'd get beat before the game but it was frustrating because it could easily have been a score draw. I think the return tie is a big ask now, but I'm somewhat encouraged by the shakiness the Zenit defence showed last night. I don't see why we can't score 3 against them if Suarez is on point and we dominate the possession a little more often. The trouble is not conceding that away goal. 2 goals in each of the last 5 games is a terrible defensive record and further indicates we need a quality addition to the back line come summer.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #469: Feb 15, 2013 10:42:04 am
      Don't worry kids.

Two home games coming up.

Easy.  Nobody beats us at Anfield.  Remember the way we go gung ho at teams and play real attacking football at home.

Come on, it's not like we play two holding midfielders and try and pass the ball to death in the centre of the park or anything, before completely falling asleep any time crosses a ball into our box.

Sarcasm detector just F***ing exploded imploded.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #470: Feb 15, 2013 11:07:34 am
      Is it me or did we play with 4 wingers last night !!?..
      You've got Enrique & Sterling on the left and Downing& Johnson on the right !!..When both Enrique & Johnson went down the wing they overtook the "actual" wingers and then ended up tying to f**k about playing short little one touch passes with the "actual" winger on the touchline way down by the corner flag...then guess what?...we lose posession and we are left so exposed with just Carragher and Skrtel facing a 4 man attack...
      It does my head in...both Enrique & Johnson ran into blind alleys down each wing last night...I'm baffled as to that kind of game plan..
      Plus , what do we need 4 wingers for when there's only little man Suarez to aim for in the middle?..
      Oh and when we needed another attacker to support Suarez what does BR do?...brings on Lucas !!...Christ we had a £12 mil striker in Borini sat on the bench !! Am I missing something here?...
      So F**king hacked off at the moment !!..
      BR needs to get his sh*t together for Sunday !!! END OF !!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #471: Feb 15, 2013 11:14:39 am
      Is it me or did we play with 4 wingers last night !!?..
      You've got Enrique & Sterling on the left and Downing& Johnson on the right !!..When both Enrique & Johnson went down the wing they overtook the "actual" wingers and then ended up tying to f**k about playing short little one touch passes with the "actual" winger on the touchline way down by the corner flag...then guess what?...we lose posession and we are left so exposed with just Carragher and Skrtel facing a 4 man attack...
      It does my head in...both Enrique & Johnson ran into blind alleys down each wing last night...I'm baffled as to that kind of game plan..
      Plus , what do we need 4 wingers for when there's only little man Suarez to aim for in the middle?..
      Oh and when we needed another attacker to support Suarez what does BR do?...brings on Lucas !!...Christ we had a £12 mil striker in Borini sat on the bench !! Am I missing something here?...
      So F**king hacked off at the moment !!..
      BR needs to get his sh*t together for Sunday !!! END OF !!

Well, the 'wingers' you speak of further up the park are 'inverted' as it were. As in they both favour coming inside, thus, in theory making space for an overlapping fullback or the advanced midfielder to break onwards. There was a good goal Joe Cole scored for us not long ago that was perfect example of one piece of movement the formation brings.

Poor quality, but you can still see it:
      Liverpool 2-2 West ham Joe cole 2012

Sterling brings the ball inside on his stronger foot and the centre forward (Shelvey in this case) shows for it to feet. Shelvey's movement draws out the CB, and Joe Cole (the no.10 in this case) advances into the space. Sterling plays the pass and it's well finished. This kind of movement is what BR is trying to get out of those wing forwards (as I call them, they're not 'wingers' as such). I remember reading a Sterling interview where he was saying BR is constantly encouraging him and the other WF's to make runs inside the FB and CB in behind Suarez when he drops deep. Work in progress though. Sometimes when the movement breaks down we look utterly baffled as to what to do next.

I agree that whenever one player is out of position we look very very vulnerable. Zenit's second last night was a case in point.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #472: Feb 15, 2013 11:48:57 am
      More than the result, I was pissed off with the unnecessary attention pointed towards potential racism at the ground.

Absolute bullshit. I knew there wouldn't be any issues. There's plenty of black players in the Russian League, why would it all change for our match?

I hate this prejudice the British media are stirring up about places like Russia. There's a segment of cu*ts in any group of fans anywhere.

People are becoming just as racist as the racist segments themselves, spouting comments about places they have no idea about.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #473: Feb 15, 2013 12:35:24 pm
      I don't even know what a racist is.  I reckon we're all a little racist.  John Barnes did a good talk about racist cos of that negrito evra.  was I racist?  Pale man white man red man black man yellow man brown man tan man.  No qualms.  Just some few people in the world.  USA has a negrito president ffs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #474: Feb 15, 2013 12:37:33 pm
      More than the result, I was pissed off with the unnecessary attention pointed towards potential racism at the ground.

Absolute bullshit. I knew there wouldn't be any issues. There's plenty of black players in the Russian League, why would it all change for our match?

I hate this prejudice the British media are stirring up about places like Russia. There's a segment of cu*ts in any group of fans anywhere.

People are becoming just as racist as the racist segments themselves, spouting comments about places they have no idea about.

The problems seem to be more they like acting like F***ing shithouses after some of the stories I heard from some people who travelled.

Going round in gangs of 15 or more picking off stragglers or those in twos or threes.

"Sneaky F***ing Russians!"
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #475: Feb 15, 2013 12:38:25 pm
      Your right ,just read what I posted this morning ,bloody terrible grammar .:-)
      redno7
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #476: Feb 15, 2013 01:13:48 pm
      ticket for the return leg available. I've posted it in the ticket section...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #477: Feb 15, 2013 01:30:08 pm
      ticket for the return leg available. I've posted it in the ticket section...

Guessing you've decided to not go after last night's performance?
      redno7
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #478: Feb 15, 2013 01:32:13 pm
      partly last night, partly Mondays game against WBA and partly due to the chance of a good paying job next week.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #479: Feb 15, 2013 03:14:43 pm
      Watched a replay of it. We started of quite poorly in the first 10-15 minutes, Allen in particular started slowly, in which we probably could have been down early if not for some good keeping from Pepe. Once they game went on though, we started to get a slightly better foothold in it considering we were away.

What bothered me about the goals was on the first, Skrtel backs away backs away backs away, enabling a good player in Hulk to try a long-range effort. Yeah, the rule of averages says he's not going to score from that distance, but Hulk's a fine player. On that same goal, you can see Gerrard is still behind Hulk as Skrtel's backing away. If Skrtel takes one step up, Gerrard works harder to get an extra step, they tackle the ball away from him.

The second goal was pretty much on the entire back line. Enrique allowing an easy cross, the ball bounces in front of Skrtel or Carragher (can't remember which at the moment!) and whoever that was misses it. Finally, Glen was unaware of that back post. That goal is more frustrating to me, because it was silly play all around.

Those missed opportunities killed us more than anything though in my opinion. You simply cannot be on the road in a European tie and squander good opportunities to nick an away goal. We could have lost 2-1, but that away goal would have been massive. Now, it's an uphill climb. We can do it -- we've done it before -- but it will be tough. Expecting a very attack-heavy lineup next week.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #480: Feb 15, 2013 06:59:45 pm
       I have not seen the match so cannot comment on players or our performance but reading through the posts it seems we threw the match away with silly mistakes.A draw would of been a good result to bring back to Anfield but sadly that is not the case,we can still win the return  match but there will be no room for errors.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #481: Feb 16, 2013 01:24:55 am
      There were occassions where Zenit had a very high defence line, almost 3/4 of the team in our half while their defence is not as solid as what we thought and we allowed them to get away. BR must start to have a game plan how to take full advantage of such situation, quick switch from defence to attack.. 2 goals deficit is not an impossible task to make up but we have to attack like men possessed in the return leg. An early goal will help us a long way.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #482: Feb 16, 2013 01:37:34 am
      I hope BR will get some big burly and bullying players in, specifically in midfield. The way we got over ran in midfield is embarassing. Hendo and Allen in midfield is a perfect recipe for defeat. At the moment, not too much options to choose from, I'd prefer a Stevie, Lucas and Shelvey combination.

Quick Reply