Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Favourite Live

Read 16100 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Favourite Live
      Reply #69: Oct 30, 2013 11:13:02 am
      If memory serves me right - 1999 ickle dude.

it's the only song of theirs I know tbh, before my time really. They played a small festival (Cois Fharraige) about 15 minutes away from me alright a few years ago. Which is weird because there is never festivals (or even gigs) anywhere around where I grew up, even hours away. Always in Dublin & the surrounding areas.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,473 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #70: Oct 30, 2013 12:19:21 pm
      it's the only song of theirs I know tbh, before my time really.

You've probably heard King of New York.
      ozk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #71: Oct 31, 2013 10:35:49 pm
      Saw Paul McCartney in Liverpool, at Echo Arena, in December/2011, I don't think any concert will top that. Ever.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #72: Nov 11, 2013 10:29:47 pm
      Saw The National in Belfast at the weekend and as I said in the concerts thread they were truly outstanding and the best band I've seen live in quite some time, possibly the best ever. They really were that good.

You just knew you were in for a special kind of night when the band strolled on and Matt was clutching a glass of red wine. Just something about that image screamed 'class' to me and class they were from the very first song 'Start a War'.

I was there early so we got right to the front and it was worth it as they put on a great show and was so good to be so close to a band full of musicians on top of their game. Bryce and Aaron Dessner were as good as I thought they would be, along with Scott Devendorf.

But the man I really was keen to hear live was one of the best drummers around in Bryan Devendorf and he didn't disappoint. He really is something else to see live and the intro to Squalor Victoria was a real treat. Fantastic work.

Matt also surprised me a bit as although I expected his voice to be great, and it was, it was his stage presence that was far better, if thats the right term, than I thought it was going to be. The man is brilliant live and as more wine was drunk he really came into life. So much so that he went into the crowd once and during the encore actually almost done a lap of the outer seats of the arena which the crew had their work cut out to keep his mic with him. Just wasn't expecting that and not sure if this is usual from him or if it was a spur of the moment thing.

The set itself was unreal and they played for almost two hours with the new album sounding as fantastic as I'd hoped alongside tracks from Alligator, Boxer and High Violet with too many highlights to mention although Afraid Of Everyone followed by Conversation 16  and then that drum intro into Squalor was great, Graceless from the new album sounded fantastic live and the acoustic Vanderlyle to close, with the band all right at front of the stage, was a perfect ending.

For a fan of the band who hasn't seen them live yet you simply have to go when you next have the chance but for anyone with even a passing interest then I'd highly recommend.

Also have to thank Racer and Brooklyn Red from here as it was through a discussion somewhere on here that I first listened to Runaway and instantly knew this band were something special and wondered how I'd missed them up to that point so cheers lads!

Not my photos but give a flavour of the night.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2013 10:50:23 pm by srslfc »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #73: Nov 12, 2013 05:24:42 am

I was at that one. But TBH don't remember much, vaguely remember Manic Street Preachers & Primal Scream after that it's just blank.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #74: Dec 18, 2013 03:42:00 pm
      This isn't from the Dublin night I was at but the only clip I could find and was the next venue on the tour.

Simply stunning song to hear live and the band are unreal as a live act and even better than I thought they would be.

SIGUR ROS, Usher Hall, Edinburgh, November 2013, 'BRENNISTEINN'
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #75: Dec 18, 2013 09:20:45 pm
      Best live band I've seen were The Dubliners a few years back in a moody boozer in Limerick. Quality they were, seen them in the Cavern Club aswell going back a few years. Was too pissed to remember that one though.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #76: Jul 19, 2014 05:58:57 am
      Best Live band to date for me still has to be Big Country at the NEC supported by The Cult in 1984. Obviously been to a few more concerts since then, but nothing came close IMO.

RIP Stuart Adamson
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #77: Jul 19, 2014 07:49:46 am
      Pearl Jam, 2000 - Virgina Beach. First show after Roskilde tragedy. My wife and I were in about the 10th row I think....weren't even sure if they were going to continue touring after Roskilde. First song Long Road everyone had tears in their eyes because it was so freaking beautiful and so happy to see them back out on the road again.

Then after they perform Daughter they tag it with Dead Moon's "It's Ok".....seemed to be a renewing kind of moment and something I'll never forget to this day. If I remember right I saw them 3 or 4 times that year and every show was amazing. Has to be one of the best live bands ever and for me, probably the greatest American rock band ever as well.

Pearl Jam Virginia Beach '00
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #78: Jul 20, 2014 12:20:57 am
      Without a doubt:

Radiohead - amnesiac tour - Los Angeles Greek theatre - 2004 or 2005.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Sep 14, 2014 01:52:34 am
      Replaying a lot of U2 recently. Adore this performance of Until The End Of The World and then New Year's Day from arguably their greatest achievement the Zoo TV Tour in support of Achtung Baby and Zooropa in 92-93. They have the crowd firmly in the palm of their hand.

U2 - Until The End Of The World & New Year's Day (ZOO TV Live From Sydney)(HIGH QUALITY)

Also love this performance of 11 O Clock Tick Tock live from Red Rocks a decade earlier touring their great War album. One of Edge's greatest performances.

U2 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (From Red Rocks)

Quick Reply