Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Us, the fans

Read 6265 times
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Re: Us, the fans
      Reply #46: Feb 17, 2013 10:32:38 am
      Have a good day mate.  Will Look out for you in tv.  Where bout's you gonna be sitting when I watch it in TV screen.  Hope you and your buddies have a safe and enjoyable time Andymacmac
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #47: Feb 17, 2013 10:38:54 am
      I like our squad, except for the lack of really penetrating CM's who can carry or pass the ball forward without losing it as well as being effective. I like Lucas, I am hoping Coutinho can be a Iniesta type midfielder, We could really use an Alonso. But BR is like all managers he relies on results and specifically in our case momentum. No one is fooled by cheap psychological tricks or the new style of managerial speak that has permeated all walks of life such as 'business flow' or 'moving forwards' but this is not BR's fault, it's everywhere so unfortunately are cameras. Personally I think we need the youth system, the marketing, the preparation in fact all aspects of the club to be improving and have a consistency with the way we want to play. If this happens the managers become less important, eventually we can promote within the club like a lot of the big European teams do.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #48: Feb 17, 2013 10:47:26 am
      Have a good day mate.  Will Look out for you in tv.  Where bout's you gonna be sitting when I watch it in TV screen.  Hope you and your buddies have a safe and enjoyable time Andymacmac

I'll be in the Kop with the wife today!! But i'll still be gobbin off lad!!
      4 rows from the front have way between the goal & the Kop/Main stand corner.
      I'm the one with the mental curly barnet!!!
      Cheers Andy
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #49: Feb 17, 2013 11:18:03 am
       :clap:  :action-smiley-035: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #50: Feb 18, 2013 05:11:39 am
      Really?

I'd think you might be in a very small group as I do care about what happens now, next season and the one after.

I don't see any reason why we can't 'rebuild' while also focusing on the present time as well otherwise there might well be no future success for these young players to come into.

In 2 seasons time we could still be languishing in mid table minus players like Suarez, Lucas, Coutinho etc and only have young players to count on.

Help me Jeebus! I do care what’s happening now, I'm just saying as long as we see progress and decent players coming then we need to give them time and I have every faith that Rodgers is the man to do it.

The last thing I want to see is him getting the sack because we don't get that 4th spot. I mean F**k me it took Fergie 7 years to win anything and look what he’s achieved!

With stability comes longevity, which breeds success.

He will get things wrong like he already has but if he gets support he will succeed. He is getting the team to play good football and he needs to sign more quality.

It's not like our previous managers didn't make any transfer blunders.

How about 10 or 15 seasons? Where is the point that you do care?

When it looks like we are going backwards is when you should draw the line but to ask Rodgers to come in and be title or even 4th spot contenders within the first season is just ridiculous. The second season I would say right you need to get 4th at least have a good run at it. Patience is a virtue my friend.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Feb 18, 2013 06:45:00 am
      But if we use Fergie as our guide, he went backwards (finished second then 11th) in his first few years, so we can't even use going backwards as a measure.

Seriously, people can use Ferguson's seven years of failure to excuse any manager of failure if they so wish.

Progress is rarely a straight line going upwards but more usually a series of troughs and crests, but there HAS to be progress over a period of time. I would say that in the short time Brendan has been here we haven't seen much ..... if any progress so far.

We have a reasonably easy run in till the end of the season, I would hope that Brendan can show some progress before the season is over.

I think the time for excuses and allowances to be made are now past, he was reasonably backed in the transfer window and we should now expect to reap some reward in terms of results.  As I said before time and patience but he needs to earn them now with results and progress.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #52: Feb 18, 2013 08:11:57 am
      I think there is a hell of a lot of bollox on here regarding the fans who go to the game..

Some people who don't go seem to think lots of people who do go take it for granted
      and are not that arsed about it!!!!!

Take it from me 99% of fans who go care deeply or why the F**k would they take the time, effort,
      expense, grief from neglected family members ect ect ect to go in the 1st place.

imo anyone can watch the game from the comfort of their bedroom on their laptop
      but thats not what being a liverpool supporter is about.

Fans who do make the effort deserve a lot because they give a lot in every possible way.
      Time, Money,Effort, SUPPORT often at the expense of frankly far more important things in life.
      ie Family..
      If the atmosphere is not what it should be at times its probably not only the fans fault. They
      go because they want to feel & be a part of that atmosphere.Its the players who have defaulted
      on the Fans, Manager, Team Holy Trinity.(thanks shanks)

The real players ie Stevie & Jaime know this better than anyone & you would never hear them
      slag the supporters in the ground so how come people on web sites like this who don't go feel
       they have the right to do it!!!

F***ing joke if you don't go to the game then don't c**t off fans who do as you haven't earned
      the right to,you just make yourself look like a muppet internet tit..

BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #53: Feb 18, 2013 08:53:16 am
      Rightly put AndyMac.  Just wish the support from the Tourist Fans made more effort to help the Local Lads.  call 'em what you like but the tourist fan is a fan wanting a Liverpool win but just does not know how to get along with the act.  say I were to visit Anfield I would try my best to meet up with other fans interact and learn and how to go with the boping and bouncing when we're in full flow.
      Having said that I could argue that the local lads should too play their part in aiding the tourist fans to enjoy and get with the flow of the game resulting to better team display and memories of visiting again bringing in more revenue to the city of Liverpool.
      I like to say I live in the melting point where West and east Collide and the way to go forward is learning the good things from both cultures and eradicating the bad ones for the outcome in you being a better person.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Feb 18, 2013 09:04:03 am
      I try not to judge how good or true a fan is based on their opinion of the manager at the time. I was the victim of plenty of that over the years (as Redtrader will know if he's the same one who used to post/mod on Newkit). You can't make someone have faith in a manager if they don't already, only the manager himself can do that in his performance.

I totally get why people think Brendan has under performed, that always happens when someone's performance doesn't match up to your expectation. For me, he's actually gone a little better than I thought he would after the summer transfer window closed so I don't feel that. Equally, I still think Joe Allen will become a very good player for us, and I like Borini too so there's no minus for me there either.

The two aspects of the criticism which get on my tits are this. Firstly when people won't even give credit to the team and the manager when we obviously play well, like yesterday. Picking fault in that would be the equivalent of doing so after some of our excellent champions league performances under Rafa (I'm not comparing he achievement, just the performance). The other bit which gets me sometimes is when people really obviously want the manager out, but won't actually say it. Equally, they want a particular manager in but won't say it either. At least I was honest where some previous managers were concerned, if only they'd be the same.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 18, 2013 09:23:30 am
      I think a good defensive coach consisting of Carragher and Carlton Palmer may be beneficial to us any comments?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #56: Feb 18, 2013 10:59:47 am
      I think a good defensive coach consisting of Carragher and Carlton Palmer may be beneficial to us any comments?

Carlton Palmer. ;D

Brilliant.

BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #57: Feb 18, 2013 11:02:01 am
      Were you being sarcastic or for real si?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #58: Feb 18, 2013 11:11:46 am
      Were you being sarcastic or for real si?

I'm laughing my balls off mate.

Surely your joking about Carlton or at the very least mixing him up with someone who is a good defensive coach.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 11:57:21 am by srslfc »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #59: Feb 18, 2013 11:33:28 am
      I'm laughing my balls off mate.

Me too.

Brilliant!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #60: Feb 18, 2013 02:46:48 pm
      Believe you in me.  This guy Carlton Palmer has matured, got some remembrances for his as a player and appreciated what he did for the game (being black) albeit with controlled degree of clumsiness  but this guy has matured.  Sitting back and watching games instead of playing has given his mind an abundance of wisdom. 

The boot room theory on watching videos theory will be very applicable for coaching role too.  And when I see him give the tactical applauds and mistakes and corrections in defence/attack after the post show match is a joy to watch and learn.  Added advantage of the historical knowledge and respect he has for Liverpool (may not be his favorite club). he does have my respect cos he does make sense.  A guy people will laugh at but will silently get the job done with Carra making sure the players command their attention.  Plus an all round friendly guy off the pitch.  If offered the job this guy will do it for peanuts just to have the chance to be part of history.

Was good enough black man to play for England good enough to join with Jamie.  So there  :rasp:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #61: Feb 18, 2013 02:57:47 pm
      Believe you in me.  This guy Carlton Palmer has matured, got some remembrances for his as a player and appreciated what he did for the game (being black) albeit with controlled degree of clumsiness  but this guy has matured.  Sitting back and watching games instead of playing has given his mind an abundance of wisdom. 

The boot room theory on watching videos theory will be very applicable for coaching role too.  And when I see him give the tactical applauds and mistakes and corrections in defence/attack after the post show match is a joy to watch and learn.  Added advantage of the historical knowledge and respect he has for Liverpool (may not be his favorite club). he does have my respect cos he does make sense.  A guy people will laugh at but will silently get the job done with Carra making sure the players command their attention.  Plus an all round friendly guy off the pitch.  If offered the job this guy will do it for peanuts just to have the chance to be part of history.

Was good enough black man to play for England good enough to join with Jamie.  So there  :rasp:

I like that you've managed to make a decent defence for your claim for Carlton getting the job, while I see there being more chance of Elvis riding Shergar to win next year's derby, at least you've backed up your claim.

Palmer was one of the clumsiest looking footballers I've ever seen and personally think he'd be an horrific choice, but each to their own.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #62: Feb 18, 2013 03:00:29 pm
      Carlton Palmer wasn't even a defender, he played in midfield.

Sure you're not mistaking him for Des Walker, BKLFC?  Not that I'm saying Des should be considered either.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 18, 2013 03:07:12 pm
      Carlton 4 me it is than I'm stubborn you should be happy I'm not yours head scout than.     ;D
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #64: Feb 18, 2013 03:33:16 pm
      TenSports and TenAction covers the Champions League and Europa, along with the League Cup. 

John Burridge (Buddgie)  Jim Morrisson and Carlton Palmer (Parmy) are the hosts, hilarious combination and argumentative discussions with a feeling that Buddgie has a little more softer corner for LFC than Palmer.

Espn & Star Sports covers the EPL and FA cup with various hosts including our Steve Mchanon and Carlton Palmer.  Greatly chuffed to see the glow on Steve that was emitting from his face when he closed with Five Star Performance.  Another Potential candidate for the role and would jump the gun to be back here.  Defender coaches needn't be a defender when they were playing tho it makes sense.  Just like you don't need a certificate to be top coach.

The after show with tactics discussion from Palmer is super.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #65: Feb 18, 2013 06:04:45 pm

Get some fresh air, consume enough alcohol to make you vomit, buy a prossie, do something but please don't ever suggest Carlton Palmer should ever work for Liverpool Football Club.

Behave lad, he was a bag of sh*te lanky F***ing no mark and was lucky to even play for England, the fact he was picked by Graham Taylor speaks volumes. Now let'e never hear this kind of gibberish again!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #66: Feb 18, 2013 06:11:31 pm
      Ya I know that there are world class people out there.  But why don't we seem to be getting them in???????  Just throwing some names around on the cheap side which we could pull in. What about Steve than?

Quick Reply