Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Warrior

Read 31191 times
      Bier
      Re: Warrior
      Reply #92: Apr 23, 2013 05:35:41 pm
      Agree about the Liverpool shirts being rarely seen in other countries shops, heard that a few times, I think it's all to do with the club trying to sell them through the website.

I think it's more than that, I imagine Adidas has a bigger distribution network. Adidas is a big brand in any sports shop here, with Nike ofcourse. And sport shops here are very football orientated, as it's a huge sport here. Warrior is a completely unknown brand here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #93: Apr 23, 2013 05:38:37 pm
      I think it's more than that, I imagine Adidas has a bigger distribution network. Adidas is a big brand in any sports shop here, with Nike ofcourse. And sport shops here are very football orientated, as it's a huge sport here. Warrior is a completely unknown brand here.

It's the same here, obviously sports shops in and around the city are selling the kit, but outside of the city it is very rare to see our kits, we used to be the third biggest shirt seller in Manchester behind Utd and City when with adidas, I imagine that would be a bit different now. Warrior isn't that massive a brand in this country either.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #94: Apr 23, 2013 07:58:04 pm
      This one doesnt even register on my "give a crap" meter. Can't imagine Warrior has helped us globally as they are a secondary brand, and I just can't see MUFC switching from Nike, or Nike allowing them to bolt for that matter.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4933 
      Reply #95: Apr 23, 2013 11:17:08 pm
      I think the Rangers/Celtic one is a bit different as the sponsors very often want to sponsor both so as to not be seen as taking one side of the 'divide'.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #96: Jun 11, 2013 10:15:15 pm

New "Control" boot.

That'll be a no to the tastefully done boot that Bellamy wore...
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #97: Jun 11, 2013 10:21:53 pm
      I think Warrior is trying to play it smart on everyone.

I think they've purposely designed atrocious attire just to gain publicity and become a global company. It's my hope that within a year they will realise their folly and start to produce clothing and footwear that one can actually wear.

I'm stretching here...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #98: Jun 11, 2013 10:41:08 pm
      I think Warrior is trying to play it smart on everyone.

I think they've purposely designed atrocious attire just to gain publicity and become a global company. It's my hope that within a year they will realise their folly and start to produce clothing and footwear that one can actually wear.

I'm stretching here...

I don't think they have a bloody clue about design.

Their taste is so different from mine there is not a unit of measurement available to show the distance involved.

Our Red kits are OK, but everything else is appulling.

£25m a year for bad taste. Adidas must be laughing their heads off at all this tribal crap, and wacky shapes.

3 stripes every time for me, but I guess we must keep it all in house, and that house is America. Say no more.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #99: Jun 11, 2013 11:21:47 pm
      The material goes all nobby on the jersey's .Adiddas had a better quality about it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #100: Jun 11, 2013 11:35:51 pm

Their taste is so different from mine there is not a unit of measurement available to show the distance involved.

£25m a year for bad taste. Adidas must be laughing their heads off at all this tribal crap, and wacky shapes.

3 stripes every time for me, but I guess we must keep it all in house, and that house is America. Say no more.

If they want to keep it in America they should have at least signed with Nike or Under Armour. Either of those  two make stuff miles better than Warrior.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #101: Jun 11, 2013 11:50:02 pm
      The material goes all nobby on the jersey's .Adiddas had a better quality about it.

That's the point I was trying to get across in my assessment of the warrior gear the first time I saw them but everyone said it must have been a bad selection in the shop.

As far as I'm concerned Warrior sucks and the sooner we change to Nike or Adidas the better... Even if we don't get as much money from them.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #102: Jun 12, 2013 02:09:19 pm
      That's the point I was trying to get across in my assessment of the warrior gear the first time I saw them but everyone said it must have been a bad selection in the shop.

As far as I'm concerned Warrior sucks and the sooner we change to Nike or Adidas the better... Even if we don't get as much money from them.

And once again I say my Warrior shirts are as fresh as the day I got them because I paid attention to what the label said when washing. Warrior more so than others seems more finicky about that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #103: Jun 12, 2013 02:16:11 pm

Our red kits are outstanding I believe. Being with Warrior gives us a bit of originality in the design department (a bit too much originality it seems) but I'd rather that than being levied with the common as muck adidas brand stripes and everything. Cannot stomach the brand patterns of Adidas. Nike aren't nearly as bad but I have to admit I was no fan of our adidas stint from 2006-2012 at all. Our home shirts the past year have been the best since Reebok's plain but simple red home shirt from 04-06.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #104: Jun 12, 2013 02:32:01 pm
      Adidas have some dire clothing too.

That Jeremy Scott range is shocking.

That said, we'd all love if Warrior did something like the Adidas originals gear.

By all means go bat sh*t crazy if you want the exposure, but give us more than one classy item of clothing to wear.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #105: Jun 12, 2013 09:50:13 pm
      If they want to keep it in America they should have at least signed with Nike or Under Armour. Either of those  two make stuff miles better than Warrior.

Can't stand Nike, just a personal hatred. I will conceed that they do make some beautiful kits, and some table cloths too.

Under Armour, don't know much about them, did they make Portsmouth's Kit?

Our red kits are outstanding I believe. Being with Warrior gives us a bit of originality in the design department (a bit too much originality it seems) but I'd rather that than being levied with the common as muck adidas brand stripes and everything. Cannot stomach the brand patterns of Adidas. Nike aren't nearly as bad but I have to admit I was no fan of our adidas stint from 2006-2012 at all. Our home shirts the past year have been the best since Reebok's plain but simple red home shirt from 04-06.

Not too sure I'd agree with the description of outstanding, for me they are OK, but the 2nd and 3rd are atrocious.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #106: Jun 12, 2013 10:15:00 pm
      Can't stand Nike, just a personal hatred. I will conceed that they do make some beautiful kits, and some table cloths too.

Don't know about Portsmouth but they outfit the Spuds.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #107: Jun 12, 2013 10:15:11 pm

Nah, Canterbury did.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #108: Jun 12, 2013 11:58:16 pm
      And once again I say my Warrior shirts are as fresh as the day I got them because I paid attention to what the label said when washing. Warrior more so than others seems more finicky about that.
      In real life mate you bung the thing in with the rest of the wash , especially if you have kids the last thing you'll be doing is checking to see what the label says . There meant to be worn not handled with care . The Addidas never went that shabby .
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #109: Jun 13, 2013 12:11:04 am
      Warrior has made decent home kits, at least the designs have been decent. I thought  last years 3rd jut was ok  but the away kit was dreadful, this year both the away/3rd kit are rubbish. We have a great deal (income wise) but I have to think the rest of the league is laughing there ass off over this years 2nd/3rd kit as we did with the tablecloths the mancs wore last year.

All in all they look like a Ultima 1 from back in the day

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #110: Jun 13, 2013 02:04:20 pm
      In real life mate you bung the thing in with the rest of the wash , especially if you have kids the last thing you'll be doing is checking to see what the label says . There meant to be worn not handled with care . The Addidas never went that shabby .

I agree, and I'm that way with the other kits, but I reallllllly liked our home kits last season, so wanted to take no chances. I washed the away kit from last season without thinking and haven't had any problems either, though. Are you washing them inside out? That's a simple little step to help preserve the exterior.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #111: Jun 13, 2013 02:08:04 pm

Think you're being a bit harsh there Mossie.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #112: Jun 13, 2013 02:12:31 pm
      Think you're being a bit harsh there Mossie.

;D Clever, but not what the actual post was haha

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,44446.msg1476568.html#msg1476568
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #113: Jun 13, 2013 09:43:08 pm
      I agree, and I'm that way with the other kits, but I reallllllly liked our home kits last season, so wanted to take no chances. I washed the away kit from last season without thinking and haven't had any problems either, though. Are you washing them inside out? That's a simple little step to help preserve the exterior.
      Nah , i'm not doing the wash , the missus does that and I dare not tell her for fear of verbal reprisal  ;D . just waiting for the feminists on here to attack me now  :f_run:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #114: Jun 13, 2013 10:03:08 pm
      Nah , i'm not doing the wash , the missus does that and I dare not tell her for fear of verbal reprisal  ;D . just waiting for the feminists on here to attack me now  :f_run:

Haha understood!

Quick Reply