Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MotM?

Johnson
      (3%)
      Enrique
      (3.8%)
      Lucas
      (2.3%)
      Gerrard
      (6.8%)
      Coutinho
      (8.3%)
      Downing
      (2.3%)
      Sturridge
      (13.5%)
      Suarez
      (59.4%)
      Someone else...
      (0.8%)

Liverpool 5-0 Swansea: In-game & post-match jaw-dropping

Read 32986 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Swansea
      Reply #506: Feb 17, 2013 05:05:29 pm
      I'm going to give motm to Scoushinho , because he scored on his debut and it was at home and he was everywhere playing out of his boots .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #507: Feb 17, 2013 05:05:50 pm
      I know WBA was a killer, but seeing the way we played today, that's why I think the gaffer will win the league title with us. I know it was a second string Swansea side, but I think that's doing us injustice, because Norwich, Sunderland, Fulham, all played full strength sides, and we absolutely bucking fattered them! Clean sheets too. So we have proof that we can win big because we have the ability to do so, and not because Swansea City made 7 changes.

We're going to miss Sturridge and Coutinho when Zenit turn up - but if the crowd can get behind the team from the start - we'll have another awesome European night at Anfield.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Swansea: In-game & post-match jaw-dropping
      Reply #508: Feb 17, 2013 05:07:52 pm
      BR OUT!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #509: Feb 17, 2013 05:08:00 pm
      Roll on Thursday. Hope we can carry over the goals from today. I'm a believer that scoring goals is contagious. Whatever side we put out is going to need to hammer Zenit. Full confidence we can do it too!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #510: Feb 17, 2013 05:08:27 pm
      MotM Suarez and by a country mile

His goal, his movement, his bringing other players into the game, and he never say die attitude. Even though he missed a few, he was still head and shoulders above everyone else on that pitch today.

I dream of a team of Carraghers - with Suarez upfront
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,631 posts | 3918 
      Reply #511: Feb 17, 2013 05:08:33 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,496 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #512: Feb 17, 2013 05:09:30 pm
      What a difference taking your chances makes.

Swansea were sh*te and rested a few but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Thought Downing was good today and think he has been okay for a few games now but is still the scapegoat when we get mullered. I'm his biggest critic but credit it where its due, he's putting shifts in now at least and doing some good things.

Not going to get too excited until we carry on the form as we have been very inconsistent but I'll enjoy MotD tonight and hopefully the feel good factor will spur us on to doing something majestical on Thursday.

Happy with that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #513: Feb 17, 2013 05:10:02 pm
      Suarez my MOTM.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #514: Feb 17, 2013 05:10:30 pm
      I'm tempted to give MOTM to Scousinho,
      but Suarez and Sturridge were the dominant factor of the game and Suarez key in 3 goals.

MOTM Suarez, but Sturridge and Scousinho will be sorely missed against Zenit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #515: Feb 17, 2013 05:11:06 pm
      Well that was f**king fantastic wasn't it! It was so nice to see us score 5 goals and it was even nicer to see it be 5 different scorers. Love spreading the wealth around like that. Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge as an attacking three were absolutely brilliant.

I, however, am going to be cautious about this result. That was a weakened Swansea side we played against. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but it's not as if we beat their best XI. Cautiously optimistic right now.

The one thing I am happy about was being clinical in the second half. We haven't been clinical the past few games, but we were in that second half with 4 goals. Fantastic to see. Need to be even more so on Thursday.

We've played worse teams this year and performed far worse. I really don't see the problem.

If we put downers on 5-0 victories, regardless of who you're playing against, then what's the point?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #516: Feb 17, 2013 05:13:12 pm
      If we put downers on 5-0 victories, regardless of who you're playing against, then, what's the point?

Agree.

RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #517: Feb 17, 2013 05:13:33 pm
      Caught the 2nd half, not an exaggeration to say that's the best I've seen us play all season, the movement was incredible and that 3rd goal was incredible. You know it's a good day when Enrique gets on the score sheet :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #518: Feb 17, 2013 05:13:43 pm
      We've played worse teams this year and performed far worse. I really don't see the problem.

If we put downers on 5-0 victories, regardless of who you're playing against, then, what's the point?

Like I said though, just being cautious. A 5-0 win is a confidence booster no doubt. It was some of the best stuff we've played all season, but I just hope we as a club and fanbase keep our heads and not start the "top four" talk again. That's all I'm saying.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #519: Feb 17, 2013 05:13:52 pm
      Roll on Thursday. Hope we can carry over the goals from today. I'm a believer that scoring goals is contagious. Whatever side we put out is going to need to hammer Zenit. Full confidence we can do it too!
      If we can do that ,then it will go a long way to restoring confidence in the team and supporters alike.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #520: Feb 17, 2013 05:15:16 pm
      Delighted with that, most enjoyable game of the season by far, I haven't seen such a one sided premiership game in a long long time.

Actually did us to win 4-0 so slightly gutted I didn't get my bet up but delighted for Sturridge to get on the scoresheet as he deserved a goal. All the front lads did, was an amazing attacking performance. Lucas improving every game too, real encouragement from that, have to continue that style of play against Zenit even though personnel will change, the tempo has to remain the same.

Gutted for Borini, someone calling him a plank needs to get a grip. Was the perfect game for him to come on and grab a goal and that happens, shame and swift recovery Fabio.

Downing played really well, Hendo did well when he came on but the front 3 of Suarez / Coutinho / Sturridge really did steal the show for me, mesmerizing play at times, loved every second of it and couldn't get the smile off my face.

Well in lads and that is without doubt our strongest XI.

GET IN!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #521: Feb 17, 2013 05:15:17 pm
      Like I said though, just being cautious. A 5-0 win is a confidence booster no doubt. It was some of the best stuff we've played all season, but I just hope we as a club and fanbase keep our heads and not start the "top four" talk again. That's all I'm saying.

You do have a point TRM and I'd be the first to agree with you given recent form but I'll leave that discussion for tomorrow at least.

Tonight I'm only interested in how good we were today.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,496 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #522: Feb 17, 2013 05:16:51 pm

Not putting a downer on it all is he? He's just being an adult about it and realises, due to games were we have done well this season, that we need to carry this on.

Its the start of hopefully a good run.

Great win, clean sheet, five goals, five different goalscorers and three points. Great day.

But if we don't kick on and learn from previous mistakes, at the end of the season it will merely be a 'W' in between a load of 'L's and 'D's.

Must use it as a start and not an achievement.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #523: Feb 17, 2013 05:18:11 pm
      Let's not get carried away over the result or the performance. Whilst both may have been good, they must be tempered by the fact Swansea made seven changes. Well done to the lads but there will be tougher tests ahead.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #524: Feb 17, 2013 05:18:34 pm

Top 4 for me is but a far distant hope. What's important for the rest of the season is that we see more signs like today just so the team and Brendan can go into next season with a basis and full of hope.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #525: Feb 17, 2013 05:19:18 pm
      Let's not get carried away over the result or the performance. Whilst both may have been good, they must be tempered by the fact Swansea made seven changes. Well done to the lads but there will be tougher tests ahead.

We won 5-0 and played them off the park.

Forgive me if I get a little carried away.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #526: Feb 17, 2013 05:20:56 pm
      We won 5-0 and played them off the park.

Forgive me if I get a little carried away.

Exactly Si, if Utd had done that the media would be creaming themselves about it. Don't care who you put up against you, Oldham / Young Boys / Swansea second string, that display was outstanding. We've had so little to cheer about this season, the moment a reason does come along it's surprising to hear the dampeners come out so quick. Cheer up!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #527: Feb 17, 2013 05:21:32 pm
      You do have a point TRM and I'd be the first to agree with you given recent form but I'll leave that discussion for tomorrow at least.

Tonight I'm only interested in how good we were today.
      Top 4 for me is but a far distant hope. What's important for the rest of the season is that we see more signs like today just so the team and Brendan can go into next season with a basis and full of hope.

Fair points, lads. Hopefully more of the same in the future!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #528: Feb 17, 2013 05:22:10 pm
      Exactly Si, if Utd had done that the media would be creaming themselves about it. Don't care who you put up against you, Oldham / Young Boys / Swansea second string, that display was outstanding. We've had so little to cheer about this season, the moment a reason does come along it's surprising to hear the dampeners come out so quick. Cheer up!

Exactly and as you know I've been a moaning b***ard since Thursday but not today.

Fantastic football.

Quick Reply