Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Far Cry 3

Read 2632 times
      Jamesphilly
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 19 posts |
      Far Cry 3
      Feb 16, 2013 09:20:39 am
      Anyone played this? I got it recently, and fell in love with it. Would highly recommend it. I completed it once and had to start over and play it again. Brilliant brilliant game best video game I have ever played.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Far Cry 3
      Reply #1: Feb 16, 2013 04:04:00 pm
      Anyone played this? I got it recently, and fell in love with it. Would highly recommend it. I completed it once and had to start over and play it again. Brilliant brilliant game best video game I have ever played.

Yeah, I have it. This is what I posted in another thread about it:

Well I've had a good play of Far Cry 3 now. It's good but so far, I wouldn't rave about it. Let's be honest, it's Assassin's Creed rehashed with a jungle theme, radio towers instead of view points, pirates instead of guards...That said, it's more fun (for me) given that you can quite quickly gain access to assault rifles, grenades and hunting bows. The map is huge and, as the video suggested, you can ignore the missions and entertain yourself by wandering around and getting into trouble.The cut scenes are well directed and interesting but I must admit that there was a feeling of "get on with it" at times.I just went on a hunting spree with a bow so I could craft new items from animal pelts (allowing me to carry more weapons, ammunition, medical supplies and loot) but got killed by a bear before saving and lost the lot so I'm pissed of with it just now but that's my own fault really! Good game so far, I'll come back at a later date when I've played it more.

Since posting that, I've played it a lot more and would say that it's a very good game. It has it's flaws, not least the clunky controls but the big plus is the "F**k about" factor similar to the GTA series where you can spend hours upon hours avoiding the actual missions and clowning around.
      Oh and the Skrillex track on the mission where you burn drug crops with a flamethrower gets right in your head, haha.
      Haven't finished it yet but I'd give it about... 7.5 / 10?

(For the record, I'd have given Far Cry 2 about 4 / 10)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Feb 16, 2013 04:27:37 pm
      I wanna buy the game but it's out of the stock at the moment.

The game looks amazing.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #3: Feb 16, 2013 04:47:42 pm
      Oh and the Skrillex track on the mission where you burn drug crops with a flamethrower gets right in your head, haha

Bun dem makes me rampage even though I stealthed pretty much everything else.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #4: Feb 16, 2013 06:53:18 pm
      Bun dem makes me rampage even though I stealthed pretty much everything else.
      Haha, yeah, I know what you mean I think I played that mission with a manic smile on my face.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Feb 17, 2013 08:24:10 am
      « Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:53:18 PM »
      Quote (selected)

Yeah, I hate dubstep but I was still bouncing around like a loon. I managed to burn myself to death once though, and second time around it started to wear me down... It was a little out of place to be honest, like a lot of the music in the game. I've turned it all off now and enjoy things a lot more. Creeping through the jungle and being scared shitless by the the low growl of a tiger behind you is much better with it off.

Been very busy recently so haven't played this much. Just about to complete the last mission before the south island, which is good because the north is a little boring now. The main problem with this game is replayability. Once you clear out the enemy camps the area is completely cleared of enemies (in almost all cases) and the only threat left is the wildlife. Ubisoft would have done great to add a feature where the pirates try to take a base back every so often. Bit like those gang wars in GTA SA? I get why they didn't, after people complained about the perma-outposts in FC2, but it feels like they've gone to the other extreme now and made it too easy.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #6: Feb 17, 2013 09:42:25 am
      Loving this at the moment...

Big positives - no massive loading times that you get with other 'open world' games. Fallout was the worst - with 3 mins loading to enter a small hut with nothing and leave! Ubisoft have left doors open and in cases whenre you have to go in no loading time! Also - the cluky but simple controls make it great for fighting. You can just set out with the intention of blowing the ass out of anything in the game! Makes it great fun... And yes, the Burn Dem mission was awesome - one of the best bits of any game I have played in a very long time!

Negatives - lack of interaction... Yes you can run about but very few side quests and you cant talk to anyone! So sometimes feels like the game is on rails that you can stear away from. Also - if you have a few medical supplies and the grenade launcher there is not a lot that can kill you - even taking a base through sheer firepower will overwhelm the biggest amount of troops.

Still - a fun game that will keep me entertained for a fair few hours!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #7: Feb 17, 2013 09:53:28 pm
      Ok, NOW I've finished it. Only took me a couple of hours this evening so I was closer than I thought. That's only the main campaign done though, plenty of other stuff to do yet.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #8: Feb 17, 2013 10:12:05 pm
      Ok, NOW I've finished it. Only took me a couple of hours this evening so I was closer than I thought. That's only the main campaign done though, plenty of other stuff to do yet.

That was my only gripe. It was too short.

Quick Reply