Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Andy Carroll's role for LFC

Read 11078 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Andy Carroll's role for LFC
      Reply #23: Feb 19, 2013 12:59:09 pm
      Now that we have Sturridge it makes a decision not to take him as part of the Torres deal looking even worse.

We have a very thin squad. Generating money to invest in other areas of the squad would be the only use I'd have for him at this point.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 19, 2013 01:05:23 pm
      All in
      Generating money to invest in other areas of the squad would be the only use I'd have for him at this point.
      How do you know how much we got in our bank balance.  maybe we don't need money generating and Henry will Flash the Cash when Linda touches him up and says pretty please.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #25: Feb 19, 2013 01:07:48 pm
      All inHow do you know how much we got in our bank balance.  maybe we don't need money generating and Henry will Flash the Cash when Linda touches him up and says pretty please.

Like Linda gives a sh*t.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 19, 2013 01:12:14 pm
      Like Linda gives a sh*t.

How do you know?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #27: Feb 19, 2013 01:36:08 pm
      I would keep him.

You can see how poorly we do against tough & rough teams.. we actually need a player who is strong and tall to go out there and be a threat. Throwing him on against Oldham, Stoke and the like would turn those results in our favour.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Feb 19, 2013 01:54:37 pm
      His role for LFC is being in the history books as the worst waste of money ever, and hopefully nothing more. It's time to get the most we can for him and use it to sign a better player.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #29: Feb 19, 2013 02:08:58 pm
      Frankly well put Diego, END OFF!!!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #30: Feb 19, 2013 03:19:26 pm
      Get rid, give me 10m and I'll go to Europe and find a much, much better striker.

100%. He was a shambles of a signing and I really don't want to see him back. If we have top 4 ambitions, he isn't good enough. People go on and on about him being a great new option, how many goals has he scored for West Ham again...?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Feb 19, 2013 03:46:02 pm
      100%. He was a shambles of a signing and I really don't want to see him back. If we have top 4 ambitions, he isn't good enough. People go on and on about him being a great new option, how many goals has he scored for West Ham again...?

Carroll has scored twice as many goals for West Ham as Borini has for Liverpool, and in less games.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Feb 19, 2013 03:50:57 pm
      Carroll has scored twice as many goals for West Ham as Borini has for Liverpool, and in less games.

Doesn't look quite as good when compared against Sturridge though does he?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Feb 19, 2013 04:10:29 pm
      Carroll's role for LFC?  at present, I think he's down payment for another player.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Feb 19, 2013 04:22:35 pm
      Carroll's role for LFC?  at present, I think he's down payment for another player.

If there's anything in that Hatem Ben Arfa link, Andy could theoretically be on his way home, although Newcastle already have a better striker IMO in Cisse.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #35: Feb 19, 2013 04:33:17 pm
      If there's anything in that Hatem Ben Arfa link, Andy could theoretically be on his way home, although Newcastle already have a better striker IMO in Cisse.

Newcastle do still seem keen on Carroll, the take the piss thing now has long past it's sell by. I do remember they came straight in with a 10m offer and unfortunately the bidding war failed to kick off.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Feb 19, 2013 04:34:49 pm
      Newcastle do still seem keen on Carroll, the take the piss thing now has long past it's sell by. I do remember they came straight in with a 10m offer and unfortunately the bidding war failed to kick off.

I think Liverpool need to be pretty clear.
      Match West Ham or F**k of.
      Oh and by match West Ham I mean 17M + Ben Arfa you cu*ts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #37: Feb 19, 2013 04:51:52 pm
      I think Liverpool need to be pretty clear.
      Match West Ham or F**k of.
      Oh and by match West Ham I mean 17M + Ben Arfa you cu*ts.

F**k off Newcastle it is then.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #38: Feb 19, 2013 04:52:31 pm
      He wont fit in here ever again we need a replacement with the mentality of sturridge, the last few games he has played we have looked like a completly differant team unbeleivable , but he will get injured and possibly suspended so we need someone similar and in affraid thats not Andy Carroll.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #39: Feb 19, 2013 04:57:37 pm
      We would be fortunate in getting 20m for Andy and if the truth's known that's probably something like the figure the club should have paid in the first place for his ''services''.

erm.

based on what he actually did while he was here, we shouldn't have paid more than 5m.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #40: Feb 19, 2013 04:59:21 pm
      To be honest, I think he will go to West Ham.  We have an agreement in place, he fits into Big Sam's style, and he has friends there in Nolan, Joe Cole, and Matty Jarvis.  I think the move to West Ham will go through.

If that deal falls through then I'd be happy if we could get 15M or a straight swap for Ben Arfa out of him....
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #41: Feb 19, 2013 05:40:28 pm
      does anyone know what is andy's weekly wage?  for some reason i heard that even out on loan, we are still helping to pay parts of it. 

If this is true, and with FSG's desire to trim payroll, we might not have a choice but to sell.  however, again, the silver lining is that we might free up payroll bandwidth
      Bkrimmel
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      • Supporter from Baltimore
      Reply #42: Feb 19, 2013 06:46:27 pm
      Saw Liverpool play in Baltimore for the first time. Andy Carroll got the second biggest ovation among the other supporters behind only Stevie G. It was weird to say the least.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #43: Feb 19, 2013 06:49:28 pm
      Andy has been caught int middle of managerial change.

You say that but he's not exactly setting West Ham alight right now either. As a result of that we're unlikely to get much for him.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Feb 19, 2013 07:54:58 pm
      does anyone know what is andy's weekly wage?  for some reason i heard that even out on loan, we are still helping to pay parts of it. 

If this is true, and with FSG's desire to trim payroll, we might not have a choice but to sell.  however, again, the silver lining is that we might free up payroll bandwidth

Don't think it had anything at all to do with wages, iirc he was on 65-70k/week. What it had everything to do with is a player that hardly scored, was seldom used and did not offer the skillset that the new manager required.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #45: Feb 19, 2013 08:51:21 pm
      Don't think it had anything at all to do with wages, iirc he was on 65-70k/week. What it had everything to do with is a player that hardly scored, was seldom used and did not offer the skillset that the new manager required.

absolutely agree. but was wondering if it was something outrageous like 100k+ ... but if it was say only 30k... there really isnt a huge further risk of say keeping him on the bench as others had mentioned.  however at 65k... hmm not sure

As with my original post to start this thread off.  I believe Andy is a good lad, just unfortunate for him.  I also think his play style caters to a specific system... one that we unfortunately are not playing atm.

Quick Reply