Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Liverpool V Zenit St P'sbg 21/02/2012 KO 20:05

Read 9434 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Re: Liverpool V Zenit St P'sbg 21/02/2012 KO 20:05
      Reply #46: Feb 21, 2013 02:52:18 pm
      Dangerous game to play. In my mind, we need to go out and get as many goals as we can and have a tight defense. I suppose that's the way it should always be.

Yeah, we need to go out looking to score 4.  That way, even if they nick 1 we still go through!!

It's a little unfair on him, but I think most of the fans are expecting Stevie to turn back the clock and put in a virtuoso performance tonight and win the game for us. 

However, if Gerrard and Suarez are both in the mood then all we really need is the rest of the team to not F**k up and we will progress!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #47: Feb 21, 2013 02:57:48 pm
      Just putting it out there and I don't want to come acros as negative, but I think without Sturridge and Coutino we may struggle to create clear cut chances. I can see us dominating the game but with the likes of Downing and Sterling as our supply, we could possibly lack the craft we need to convert possession into chance and chances into goals.

Hope I'm wrong but they could prove to be big misses tonight, they certainly were in St Petersberg.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #48: Feb 21, 2013 03:08:34 pm
      Just putting it out there and I don't want to come acros as negative, but I think without Sturridge and Coutino we may struggle to create clear cut chances. I can see us dominating the game but with the likes of Downing and Sterling as our supply, we could possibly lack the craft we need to convert possession into chance and chances into goals.

Hope I'm wrong but they could prove to be big misses tonight, they certainly were in St Petersberg.

I've been thinking the same thing as much as I hate to admit it, but I'm hoping the fact that we are at home and with our fans that they could be the factors that could drive our team into putting one hell of a winning performance in, so lets make Anfield the fortress it once was and help keep the guys motivated. Come on you Redmen!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #49: Feb 21, 2013 03:13:27 pm
      Should be a good game. Can't wait for it. It's absolutely vital we don't concede an away goal, because that will just pile on even more pressure on the lads. And as we've seen the last few seasons, they don't exactly react well to pressure.

I'm really curious to see how we come out in this one. Are we going to be patient or come out firing in the first 5 minutes.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #50: Feb 21, 2013 03:31:37 pm
      Dangerous game to play. In my mind, we need to go out and get as many goals as we can and have a tight defense. I suppose that's the way it should always be.

I don't think it is as dangerous as going out gung ho and maybe conceeding a goal or two.... then we are chasing 4 or 5 goals to win and basically game over.

Keep it tight, control the game, take our chances when they come and we are in with a chance. Conceed early and we are then chasing the game with little chance imo of catching it.

Or to put it another way, I would rather be going into the last 10 minutes of the game still needing a goal than needing 4 goals after the first ten minutes of the game.

If Sturridge was playing I would probably be looking at us to be more aggressive, but with only Suarez up front I think we have to be more circumspect.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2013 03:54:53 pm by s@int »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #51: Feb 21, 2013 03:49:21 pm
      Don't want to piss on anyone's barby but Sturridge and Coutinho have been vital ingredients in our recent resurgence, their absence will be an affecting factor it pains me to say.
      On the plus side is the confidence the lads will have and Zenit do seem to have a few problems, but wtf c'mon you reds early goal and go for the throat.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #52: Feb 21, 2013 05:14:39 pm
      This line up is doing the rounds on social media

This is the rumoured team:
      Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Henderson, Lucas, Allen; Gerrard, Suárez & Downing.

C'mon redmen  , we can do this
       YNWA
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #53: Feb 21, 2013 05:42:42 pm
      not bad, but i wouldnt start allen
      insua22
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #54: Feb 21, 2013 06:09:25 pm
      Don't want to piss on anyone's barby but Sturridge and Coutinho have been vital ingredients in our recent resurgence, their absence will be an affecting factor it pains me to say.
      On the plus side is the confidence the lads will have and Zenit do seem to have a few problems, but wtf c'mon you reds early goal and go for the throat.

Just Sturridge. Coutinho has played about 90 minutes. And our 'recent resurgence has lasted one game. Our results before the Swansea game weren't the best.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Feb 21, 2013 06:25:51 pm
      Agree with S@int play it tight at the back aim for two goals and then get at them by passing them to f***in death, I thought we bossed it for the majority in their yard the 2-0 score flattered them,
      A early goal would help us settle and we must must take our chances when the come, I'd go with this .....
                          Pepe
        Johnson  Carra Agger  Enrique
                         Lucas
           Henderson        Gerrard
      Downing     Suarez    Sterling

Bench; Jones, Wisdom, Coates, Allen,
                  Shelvey, Suso, Assiadi

We can do this but patience loads of it is paramount, that and not conceding, hopefully another famous night at Anfield beckons, I'm f***in buzzin for it, COYR, YNWA

3-0 will do nicely thank you very much !

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #56: Feb 21, 2013 06:31:15 pm
      Just in from work and cannot wait for this game to start.

I stick by the original line up I'd like to see which had Enrique playing wide left and Sterling up front allowing Suarez to roam free in any space. I doubt it will be the side selcted though.

Reina

Wisdom  Carra  Agger  Johnson

Lucas  Gerrard

Downing  Suarez  Enrique

Sterling

A gamble to have Raheem as the central striker but I fell his pace might be enough to stretch them a little to allow Luis room to play.

Expect Henderson to start though in place of Sturridge and Sterling in place of Coutinho.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #57: Feb 21, 2013 06:39:00 pm
      Thank you to FSP for giving me a free trial this week, I get to watch this one on an actual television!!! COYR!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #58: Feb 21, 2013 07:16:47 pm

Quick Reply