Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Player Comparison: Ferdinand vs Terry vs Carragher

Read 2345 times
      lpcorbett
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 7 posts |
      Player Comparison: Ferdinand vs Terry vs Carragher
      Feb 25, 2013 01:28:40 pm
      Hi all, I added a post on Gerrard vs Lampard last year which some of you found interesting (though disagreed with the outcome!), so thought I'd give you a nod on another one that involves Liverpool.

As the heading suggests, this is comparing Carragher to Ferdinand and Terry from a defensive point of view - clean sheets and goals conceded based on the level of opponent. For those interested, the link is here:
      http://www.averageopposition.com/2013/02/player-comparison-ferdinand-vs-terry-vs.html?m=1

Also, for those interested in scoring and team stats for this season, then they're here:
      http://www.averageopposition.com/p/premier-league_16.html?m=1

All feedback/ideas are welcome.

Cheers,

Liam
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2013 01:40:23 pm by Reslivo »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Player Comparison: Ferdinand vs Terry vs Carragher
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2013 01:46:41 pm
      Hope you included all of Carraghers own goals!! Scored more of them than he has done scoring for Liverpool I think.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Feb 25, 2013 01:49:29 pm
      Hope you included all of Carraghers own goals!! Scored more of them than he has done scoring for Liverpool I think.

By two I think ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3: Feb 25, 2013 02:01:45 pm

Not the best record for anyone to have, although I did see the other day his European appearances for Liverpool almost doubles that of Everton appearances in Europe!!
      lpcorbett
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 7 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 25, 2013 02:16:00 pm
      Ha ha, I did include goals scored on the original Terry vs Ferdinand one but figured it wouldn't offer much analysis with Jamie. As a West Ham fan, I was very grateful for his poaching abilities in. The 2006 final, although it was very short lived!!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5: Feb 25, 2013 03:15:32 pm
      Interesting article that actually mate, enjoyed reading it. Obviously it's over a 10 year period and they are all of a similar age, so it's fair, but it would be even more interesting to compare the stats of when all 3 were operating at their peak of say, 2004-2009. I would suggest looking at England games aswell, but I'd imagine it would be very skewed due to the Terry-Ferdinand partnership having been the first choice for many years and Carra often being played out of position when on England duty.
      lpcorbett
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 7 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 25, 2013 04:25:37 pm
      Cheers - I thought about adding in Ledley King but as good a player as he was, Spurs wouldn't have kept anywhere near as many clean sheets in that time, nor were they regulars in Europe.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Feb 25, 2013 04:28:45 pm
      Ha ha, I did include goals scored on the original Terry vs Ferdinand one but figured it wouldn't offer much analysis with Jamie. As a West Ham fan, I was very grateful for his poaching abilities in. The 2006 final, although it was very short lived!!

To be honest I can't be arsed with stats all three are excellent defenders with their own qualities, but I'll take the likes of Paolo Maldini's expert opinion when he referred to Jamie in 2006 as one of the best defenders in Europe.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Feb 25, 2013 06:02:21 pm
      Ferdinand        Terry         Carragher

Crap               Crap            Class

;D
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Feb 26, 2013 11:17:11 am
      Carra! Bias Obviously...Biggest Legend of them all and no other fan can say any differ whether your Utd or Chelsea. For heart and given everything to the cause and given 100% everygame Carra wins with Terry behind him. For getting goals obviously he's nowere near the other 2 but for important tackles and interceptions and last ditch clearences Carra. i think ferdinand the better footballer carra the better player who should of got mre caps for England at CB.

Quick Reply