Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

XBox One Discussion

Read 21614 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      XBox One Discussion
      Feb 25, 2013 09:43:17 am
      Durango leaked specs:

CPU:
      - x64 (x86) Architecture
      - Eight CPU cores running at 1.6GHz
      - Each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
      - 4MB L2 cache

Graphics Core:

- DirectX11.1 800-MHz graphics processor
      - 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
      - At peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

Storage and Memory:

- 8GB of DDR3 RAM - 68GB/s bandwidth
      - 32MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102GB/s)
      - 50GB 6x Blu-ray drive

=== UPDATE TO OP ===

Pictures:

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2013 09:20:56 pm by Reslivo »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Xbox "Durango" Information & Discussion
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2013 01:12:14 pm
      Not looking great, is it? At least last time they had a lengthy head start by releasing the 360 before the PS3 but I don't think that's the case this time.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2013 02:59:29 am
      i guess if you don't have a good enough PC or a PS4 you can buy the new xbox...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2013 03:30:57 am
      Microsoft lose money from the Xbox so it's not surprising to hear that their new console will suck compared to the PS4.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2013 06:38:31 pm
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #5: Apr 04, 2013 10:36:59 am
      Microsoft's focus on entertainment services has led to a lack of gaming exclusives. Sony owns so many more studios with great exclusive titles. Microsoft has maybe 5, with games that are into their 5th reiteration and going stale.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 06, 2013 01:45:05 am
      It seems like the next Xbox will need to be online to work. I can see Microsoft losing a lot of customers...

IGN News - Microsoft Creative Director on Always Online: 'Deal With It'   
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgPHmHpelA8
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Apr 06, 2013 01:22:21 pm
      Off topic but I'm surprised with the whole Microsoft v apple thing we haven't seen an iSomethingorother console
      Bier
      Reply #8: Apr 06, 2013 01:34:48 pm
      It seems like the next Xbox will need to be online to work. I can see Microsoft losing a lot of customers...

IGN News - Microsoft Creative Director on Always Online: 'Deal With It'   
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgPHmHpelA8

I think it's something that's unavoidable and all consoles and perhaps other devises too will gear towards that in the future. However, Microsoft are making a mistake by doing it so soon, and being the first to do it. It's going to cost them.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #9: Apr 06, 2013 10:50:16 pm
      I don't think that they'll go through with it. Would be disappointing if they did. What happens to people that just like to play single player games (ie. RPGs)? Do they have to get online even though they don't play games online
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 07, 2013 11:23:14 am
      There are so many situations in which people want to play games without being online.

- What if you were going on a month's long vacation somewhere and wanted to take your console with you to play every now and then.
      - Network disconnections, which are not rare by any stretch of the imagination.
      - They'll be alienating people in developing regions, who they did so well to attract with the low price of the 360.

If they go ahead with it, it will be a big mistake and will hand Sony millions of users. Though i prefer Sony's consoles, I don't want it to happen either as it'll pave the way for Sony to implement it in the future.
      Bier
      Reply #11: Apr 07, 2013 11:34:24 am
      It's unavoidable though Bahrosa. Both Sony and Microsoft will move away from selling physical copies in the not so distant future, then you'll need internet to obtain a game in the first place. And then a bit further down the line games will only be streamed or played from a cloud, instead of downloaded and installed onto your console. Microsoft are just making the mistake of doing it this generation, if they do. Sony see this generation more as a transitional phase into that. Ofcourse one of the reasons why Sony aren't pushing it as much is because they own the BluRay format.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #12: Apr 07, 2013 04:29:46 pm
      It's unavoidable though Bahrosa. Both Sony and Microsoft will move away from selling physical copies in the not so distant future, then you'll need internet to obtain a game in the first place. And then a bit further down the line games will only be streamed or played from a cloud, instead of downloaded and installed onto your console. Microsoft are just making the mistake of doing it this generation, if they do. Sony see this generation more as a transitional phase into that. Ofcourse one of the reasons why Sony aren't pushing it as much is because they own the BluRay format.

Blu-ray will also become irrelevant before too long as less and less physical copies of DVDs are purchased. As online streaming and downloading services improve, it will become pointless. It was undoubtedly a blow to Microsoft when they lost that particular battle but it's pretty much in the past now.
      I agree that online play and digital downloads of games will become the norm, as it rapidly is on PCs, where it is largely accepted.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 08, 2013 10:03:51 am
      I agree that it's heading that way, and I don't mind a disc-free console. However, as you say, it's too soon to implement an 'always-on' strategy.

My main concern is that if I wanted to watch videos on my hard drive, I wouldn't be able to do that if my connection went out. I do more of that than playing games.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2013 09:17:18 am
      Well it looks like my worst fears are all but confirmed:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-720-rumoured-for-may-reveal-will-be-expensive--1143166

Update: Some more evidence that suggests the new Xbox won't be backwards compatible emerged Monday.
      According to Bloomberg, the next-gen console will indeed use an AMD Jaguar x86 system-on-a-chip to replace the IBM PowerPC processor and Nvidia graphics card currently in the Xbox 360. We've expected something like this would happen, though now have additional evidence that AMD will find its way inside the console.
      The inclusion of AMD, unfortunately for some, further suggests that the next Xbox won't support games built for Microsoft's older systems.
      Original article...
      Microsoft is gearing up to reveal the next Xbox – aka the Xbox 720, Durango, "that Microsoft games thingy" – on May 21, according to multiple reports.
      Speaking to What The Tech, Microsoft analyst Paul Thurrott claimed that this will be the date of the reveal, and that the console will have an early November release date, at least for the US. The Verge has also backed word on a May reveal.
      This puts it a month later than the previously-rumoured April 24 date, and more than two months after Sony's PS4 announcement.
      But here comes the bad news, folks. The console will apparently be "expensive", costing around $500 (£326/AUS480) with a scaled-down model releasing alongside for around $300 (£195/AUS$290). The latter will supposedly be available via a subscription deal.
      Don't put all your X in one box

And if that wasn't enough news on the Xbox front, Thurrott also discussed a budget-priced Xbox 360 on its way - codenamed "Stingray" - that will appear for $99 (£65/AUS$95) later this year.
      This, of course, has kicked off speculation online that the Xbox 720 won't be backwards-compatible, but let's not forget Nintendo did a similar thing recently with the release of the Wii Mini, while the Wii U plays old Wii games just fine.
      Thurrott has also backed up enduring claims that the console will be always-online. Last week, Microsoft Studios' creative director Adam Other took to Twitter to hit back at criticisms of an online-only platform, leading many to believe this confirmed rumours.
      As E3 2013 draws ever closer, we were beginning to suspect that Microsoft might end up waiting for the games event to lift the lid on the 720 tin. But with Sony and Nintendo now ahead in the next-gen race, it's probably best for Microsoft to act sooner rather than later.

It seems like the 720 won't be backwards compatible, and will indeed be online only! It's quite likely that I will be moving to the Playstation based on what I've seen so far

StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2013 01:23:35 pm
      Well it looks like my worst fears are all but confirmed:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-720-rumoured-for-may-reveal-will-be-expensive--1143166

It seems like the 720 won't be backwards compatible, and will indeed be online only! It's quite likely that I will be moving to the Playstation based on what I've seen so far

Exactly what I'm seriously considering doing, going to get rid of my 360 elite at some point over the summer, then get the ps4 when it comes out, sony seem to be thinking a level above Microsoft for these next gen consoles.
      Bier
      Reply #16: Apr 09, 2013 02:13:05 pm
      Never expected it to be backwards compatible, the PS4 isn't either. But I agree, I haven't heard anyone say that the 720 is looking better than the PS4 yet.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #17: May 02, 2013 09:56:56 pm
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #18: May 06, 2013 12:48:31 pm
      That would be immense, though the way it's looking now it's gonna cost a silly amount...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #19: May 21, 2013 02:16:42 pm
      The reveal is tonight. There will be some game reveals like the PS4 had, including first look at COD Chosts.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #20: May 21, 2013 06:18:02 pm
      It's called the X-Box One. Such original naming. NOT.

Pictures:

Looks pretty well-built to be fair. I'd imagine it'll have some good cooling too due to its size.

Still don't like the look of it, though.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: X-Box One (formerly "Durango") Discussion
      Reply #21: May 21, 2013 06:32:24 pm
      Looks like an old fashioned DVD Player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: X-Box One (formerly "Durango") Discussion
      Reply #22: May 21, 2013 06:36:22 pm
      I think it looks fantastic.