Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

XBox One Discussion

Read 21594 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      XBox One Discussion
      Feb 25, 2013 09:43:17 am
      Durango leaked specs:

CPU:
      - x64 (x86) Architecture
      - Eight CPU cores running at 1.6GHz
      - Each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
      - 4MB L2 cache

Graphics Core:

- DirectX11.1 800-MHz graphics processor
      - 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
      - At peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

Storage and Memory:

- 8GB of DDR3 RAM - 68GB/s bandwidth
      - 32MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102GB/s)
      - 50GB 6x Blu-ray drive

=== UPDATE TO OP ===

Pictures:

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2013 09:20:56 pm by Reslivo »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Xbox "Durango" Information & Discussion
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2013 01:12:14 pm
      Not looking great, is it? At least last time they had a lengthy head start by releasing the 360 before the PS3 but I don't think that's the case this time.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2013 02:59:29 am
      i guess if you don't have a good enough PC or a PS4 you can buy the new xbox...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2013 03:30:57 am
      Microsoft lose money from the Xbox so it's not surprising to hear that their new console will suck compared to the PS4.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2013 06:38:31 pm
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #5: Apr 04, 2013 10:36:59 am
      Microsoft's focus on entertainment services has led to a lack of gaming exclusives. Sony owns so many more studios with great exclusive titles. Microsoft has maybe 5, with games that are into their 5th reiteration and going stale.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 06, 2013 01:45:05 am
      It seems like the next Xbox will need to be online to work. I can see Microsoft losing a lot of customers...

IGN News - Microsoft Creative Director on Always Online: 'Deal With It'   
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgPHmHpelA8
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Apr 06, 2013 01:22:21 pm
      Off topic but I'm surprised with the whole Microsoft v apple thing we haven't seen an iSomethingorother console
      Bier
      Reply #8: Apr 06, 2013 01:34:48 pm
      It seems like the next Xbox will need to be online to work. I can see Microsoft losing a lot of customers...

IGN News - Microsoft Creative Director on Always Online: 'Deal With It'   
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgPHmHpelA8

I think it's something that's unavoidable and all consoles and perhaps other devises too will gear towards that in the future. However, Microsoft are making a mistake by doing it so soon, and being the first to do it. It's going to cost them.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #9: Apr 06, 2013 10:50:16 pm
      I don't think that they'll go through with it. Would be disappointing if they did. What happens to people that just like to play single player games (ie. RPGs)? Do they have to get online even though they don't play games online
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 07, 2013 11:23:14 am
      There are so many situations in which people want to play games without being online.

- What if you were going on a month's long vacation somewhere and wanted to take your console with you to play every now and then.
      - Network disconnections, which are not rare by any stretch of the imagination.
      - They'll be alienating people in developing regions, who they did so well to attract with the low price of the 360.

If they go ahead with it, it will be a big mistake and will hand Sony millions of users. Though i prefer Sony's consoles, I don't want it to happen either as it'll pave the way for Sony to implement it in the future.
      Bier
      Reply #11: Apr 07, 2013 11:34:24 am
      It's unavoidable though Bahrosa. Both Sony and Microsoft will move away from selling physical copies in the not so distant future, then you'll need internet to obtain a game in the first place. And then a bit further down the line games will only be streamed or played from a cloud, instead of downloaded and installed onto your console. Microsoft are just making the mistake of doing it this generation, if they do. Sony see this generation more as a transitional phase into that. Ofcourse one of the reasons why Sony aren't pushing it as much is because they own the BluRay format.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #12: Apr 07, 2013 04:29:46 pm
      It's unavoidable though Bahrosa. Both Sony and Microsoft will move away from selling physical copies in the not so distant future, then you'll need internet to obtain a game in the first place. And then a bit further down the line games will only be streamed or played from a cloud, instead of downloaded and installed onto your console. Microsoft are just making the mistake of doing it this generation, if they do. Sony see this generation more as a transitional phase into that. Ofcourse one of the reasons why Sony aren't pushing it as much is because they own the BluRay format.

Blu-ray will also become irrelevant before too long as less and less physical copies of DVDs are purchased. As online streaming and downloading services improve, it will become pointless. It was undoubtedly a blow to Microsoft when they lost that particular battle but it's pretty much in the past now.
      I agree that online play and digital downloads of games will become the norm, as it rapidly is on PCs, where it is largely accepted.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 08, 2013 10:03:51 am
      I agree that it's heading that way, and I don't mind a disc-free console. However, as you say, it's too soon to implement an 'always-on' strategy.

My main concern is that if I wanted to watch videos on my hard drive, I wouldn't be able to do that if my connection went out. I do more of that than playing games.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2013 09:17:18 am
      Well it looks like my worst fears are all but confirmed:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-720-rumoured-for-may-reveal-will-be-expensive--1143166

Update: Some more evidence that suggests the new Xbox won't be backwards compatible emerged Monday.
      According to Bloomberg, the next-gen console will indeed use an AMD Jaguar x86 system-on-a-chip to replace the IBM PowerPC processor and Nvidia graphics card currently in the Xbox 360. We've expected something like this would happen, though now have additional evidence that AMD will find its way inside the console.
      The inclusion of AMD, unfortunately for some, further suggests that the next Xbox won't support games built for Microsoft's older systems.
      Original article...
      Microsoft is gearing up to reveal the next Xbox – aka the Xbox 720, Durango, "that Microsoft games thingy" – on May 21, according to multiple reports.
      Speaking to What The Tech, Microsoft analyst Paul Thurrott claimed that this will be the date of the reveal, and that the console will have an early November release date, at least for the US. The Verge has also backed word on a May reveal.
      This puts it a month later than the previously-rumoured April 24 date, and more than two months after Sony's PS4 announcement.
      But here comes the bad news, folks. The console will apparently be "expensive", costing around $500 (£326/AUS480) with a scaled-down model releasing alongside for around $300 (£195/AUS$290). The latter will supposedly be available via a subscription deal.
      Don't put all your X in one box

And if that wasn't enough news on the Xbox front, Thurrott also discussed a budget-priced Xbox 360 on its way - codenamed "Stingray" - that will appear for $99 (£65/AUS$95) later this year.
      This, of course, has kicked off speculation online that the Xbox 720 won't be backwards-compatible, but let's not forget Nintendo did a similar thing recently with the release of the Wii Mini, while the Wii U plays old Wii games just fine.
      Thurrott has also backed up enduring claims that the console will be always-online. Last week, Microsoft Studios' creative director Adam Other took to Twitter to hit back at criticisms of an online-only platform, leading many to believe this confirmed rumours.
      As E3 2013 draws ever closer, we were beginning to suspect that Microsoft might end up waiting for the games event to lift the lid on the 720 tin. But with Sony and Nintendo now ahead in the next-gen race, it's probably best for Microsoft to act sooner rather than later.

It seems like the 720 won't be backwards compatible, and will indeed be online only! It's quite likely that I will be moving to the Playstation based on what I've seen so far

StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2013 01:23:35 pm
      Well it looks like my worst fears are all but confirmed:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-720-rumoured-for-may-reveal-will-be-expensive--1143166

It seems like the 720 won't be backwards compatible, and will indeed be online only! It's quite likely that I will be moving to the Playstation based on what I've seen so far

Exactly what I'm seriously considering doing, going to get rid of my 360 elite at some point over the summer, then get the ps4 when it comes out, sony seem to be thinking a level above Microsoft for these next gen consoles.
      Bier
      Reply #16: Apr 09, 2013 02:13:05 pm
      Never expected it to be backwards compatible, the PS4 isn't either. But I agree, I haven't heard anyone say that the 720 is looking better than the PS4 yet.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #17: May 02, 2013 09:56:56 pm
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #18: May 06, 2013 12:48:31 pm
      That would be immense, though the way it's looking now it's gonna cost a silly amount...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #19: May 21, 2013 02:16:42 pm
      The reveal is tonight. There will be some game reveals like the PS4 had, including first look at COD Chosts.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #20: May 21, 2013 06:18:02 pm
      It's called the X-Box One. Such original naming. NOT.

Pictures:

Looks pretty well-built to be fair. I'd imagine it'll have some good cooling too due to its size.

Still don't like the look of it, though.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: X-Box One (formerly "Durango") Discussion
      Reply #21: May 21, 2013 06:32:24 pm
      Looks like an old fashioned DVD Player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #22: May 21, 2013 06:36:22 pm
      I think it looks fantastic.

I'm no expert though.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #23: May 21, 2013 07:03:56 pm
      HTC already slagging them on Twitter.

So it copies their name and looks like a boxy PS3.

No thanks.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: May 21, 2013 07:48:21 pm
      It looks like they've just made the 360 square and stuck a slot in the front, no doubt it'll F**k up every two seconds, the money I wasted on 360's. Hopefully someone cracks it nice and early, microsoft greedy feckers.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2013 07:51:31 pm
      I've had my 360 for 5 years, no issues at all just the disc tray jams sometimes, not a problem though just stick a knife in there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26: May 21, 2013 07:52:56 pm
      Is it going to have Bluray player this time?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: May 21, 2013 08:05:02 pm
      Apparently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: May 21, 2013 08:31:37 pm
      Getting Bluray.
      Sure sign it's about to become irrelevant/obsolete.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: May 21, 2013 08:53:30 pm
      I've had my 360 for 5 years, no issues at all just the disc tray jams sometimes, not a problem though just stick a knife in there.

Lucky bugger, I've had three and they had red rings more than me at peak haemorrhoid, I've got one catching dust under the telly now, it hasn't worked for ages, it even moved bloody house with us!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #30: May 21, 2013 09:36:18 pm
      Lucky bugger, I've had three and they had red rings more than me at peak haemorrhoid, I've got one catching dust under the telly now, it hasn't worked for ages, it even moved bloody house with us!
      Haha, I've had xbox for 4 years now. Never gave me a problem.Not even a single minor problem.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: May 21, 2013 09:47:48 pm
      2 becomes 1.

I'll get my coat.
      Bier
      Reply #32: May 22, 2013 05:39:25 am
      Same here, haven't had problems with my xbox 360 either.

Презентация XBOX ONE / Presentation XBOX ONE

New Xbox One - TV Integration: Exclusive WIRED Video

I think the Xbox one is going to tank. PS4 seems to aim more at the gamers, putting gaming first with just alot of extras. Xbox one is more aiming at being an all encompassing entertainment system it seems, they're certainly marketing it that way, not so much targetting gamers but just everybody, families. I think they're making a big mistake there because they're going to loose the gamers, who make out to be a large part of the demographic that could even be interested in a Xbox one. I think they're overextending themselfs, and are forgetting the customers that made their previous consoles a success.

Also, their whole system seems to depend alot on kinect and voice recognition, anyone else expecting that to fail miserably and be frustrating as hell? The interactive tv part also seems very U.S. orientated, and I doubt it would be as functional in my country.  Also doubtful whether they can compete with Smart TVs, Google TV and local interactive TV providers for that TV market. And only 500 GB harddrive, when you have to install and play every game from your harddrive.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2013 05:50:36 am by Bier »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #33: May 26, 2013 06:31:46 pm
      Xbox One Reveal: Angry Rant

:lmao: This guy is freaking HILARIOUS! He brings up some really good points though.
      Bier
      Reply #34: May 26, 2013 06:55:27 pm
      Angry Joe, yeah, his game reviews are quite good.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #35: Jun 13, 2013 09:49:19 am
      Microsoft have royally fu**ed themselves, and Sony are taking complete advantage of this F**k-up.

Microsoft lose.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #36: Jun 13, 2013 01:45:27 pm

Hahaha
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #37: Jun 13, 2013 08:51:04 pm

Too soon?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #38: Jun 13, 2013 08:55:52 pm
      They already did that about 50 times in their presser alone.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #39: Jun 14, 2013 03:53:26 am
      Yep. There are good 3-4 months left from the release. So anything can happen. I still believe that Xbox will have more sales than PS4.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #40: Jun 14, 2013 08:24:00 am
      Yep. There are good 3-4 months left from the release. So anything can happen. I still believe that Xbox will have more sales than PS4.

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

The ratio of preorders right now on Amazon for PS4 to XBOne is around 15:1. For every fifteen PS4 pre-orders there is just one XBOne pre-order.

Amazon are also holding a pre-order vote which is verified by users who have bought the consoles through the Amazon app:
      https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

There's no way Microsoft are going to get anywhere near the PS4's sales. Ever.

I'll tell you this - if anybody chooses XBOne over the PS4 this generation, they're stupid. Absolutely stupid.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,286 posts | 2805 
      Reply #41: Jun 14, 2013 11:22:36 am
      I don't think there's much difference between the two, but hey that's me.

PS3 looked better on paper but I thought (from playing both) that the 360 was miles better.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #42: Jun 14, 2013 05:49:14 pm
      PS3 looked better on paper but I thought (from playing both) that the 360 was miles better.

Sony (and game developers) failed to make the most of the PS3 so I agree on that score and in fact, I know a good number of PS3 owners complained about just that (not forgetting the 360 came out much earlier). This time around, however, it isn't simply about the hardware on offer and the PS4 looks FAR more appealing for those concerned with gaming above any other features. As Res said, I can't see Microsoft getting anywhere near Sony this time.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #43: Jun 14, 2013 11:41:53 pm
      Hahaha, that's hilarious.

The ratio of preorders right now on Amazon for PS4 to XBOne is around 15:1. For every fifteen PS4 pre-orders there is just one XBOne pre-order.

Amazon are also holding a pre-order vote which is verified by users who have bought the consoles through the Amazon app:
      https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

There's no way Microsoft are going to get anywhere near the PS4's sales. Ever.

I'll tell you this - if anybody chooses XBOne over the PS4 this generation, they're stupid. Absolutely stupid.

I think we should wait for the console release before making assumption.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #44: Jun 15, 2013 10:17:46 am
      I don't think there's much difference between the two, but hey that's me.

PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBOne.

PS4 allows you to play used games. XBOne doesn't.

PS4 has no region lock - you could import a console from Japan and play any games on it. XBOne doesn't allow that, and upon release it's not even going to be working properly in Japan and Macedonia. (WTF, right?)

PS4 doesn't require an internet connection to play. Microsoft have said that XBOne HAS TO check in online once every 24 hours (the theory is that's for surveillance purposes).

PS4 allows you to replace the hard drive with a larger one if you wish. XBOne doesn't.

PS4 has better exclusives.

PS4 is a lot cheaper.

PS4 is faster, more user friendly and doesn't focus on TV. It focuses on GAMING - like every console should.

I think we should wait for the console release before making assumption.

How is it an assumption if the link I posted and Amazon pre-order figures are right there in front of you? It's now fact, Arrie, that the PS4 is currently outselling the XBOne by more than 20:1 even before release!

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,286 posts | 2805 
      Reply #45: Jun 15, 2013 11:51:49 am

Yes it is, but like I said the PS3 won on paper last year but I felt the 360 was the better console.

You can play used games, you can trade them in just like you would at GAME etc.

PS4 has no region lock - you could import a console from Japan and play any games on it. XBOne doesn't allow that, and upon release it's not even going to be working properly in Japan and Macedonia. (WTF, right?)

Ok this sounds strange, although it not working in Macedonia doesn't really affect me!

PS4 doesn't require an internet connection to play. Microsoft have said that XBOne HAS TO check in online once every 24 hours (the theory is that's for surveillance purposes).

Don't see the big deal in this, everyone has internet and Microsoft have themselves said it takes just a few seconds so if your internet is down you could just use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot.

PS4 allows you to replace the hard drive with a larger one if you wish. XBOne doesn't.

Fair point, although I can't see myself wanting to use more than 500GB?

That's debatable again, think Xbox have some cracking exclusives as well myself.

PS4 is a lot cheaper.

Yes it is, but then again Xbox are throwing in a years Xbox LIVE for free whilst PS are making you get PS+, so there's some of the difference made up already.

PS4 is faster, more user friendly and doesn't focus on TV. It focuses on GAMING - like every console should.

Totally agree with you here, which is what is making me edge towards the PS4, I don't need this Kinect rubbish nor do I need Skype integration. I was just saying, from my point of view, their isn't too much between the two yet.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #46: Jun 15, 2013 12:06:38 pm

PS4 is a lot cheaper.

How is it an assumption if the link I posted and Amazon pre-order figures are right there in front of you? It's now fact, Arrie, that the PS4 is currently outselling the XBOne by more than 20:1 even before release!

Didn't know about all of that, it's now justifying my thoughts of getting the ps4, just like everyone else :D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #47: Jun 15, 2013 12:36:10 pm
      You can play used games, you can trade them in just like you would at GAME etc.

Nope, once you install a game it's linked to your account. You can't do anything about that and Microsoft are unwilling to change that.

Yes it is, but like I said the PS3 won on paper last year but I felt the 360 was the better console.

The difference here being that both machines are now running on the x86 instruction set - the same instruction set that PCs use. That means the difference on paper will also transfer over to real-time performance, and it will reflect significantly through frames per second.

Don't see the big deal in this, everyone has internet and Microsoft have themselves said it takes just a few seconds so if your internet is down you could just use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot.

Okay, so what about the guys in the army? What are they going to do with no internet? What about countries with limited or no internet? Microsoft haven't thought this through. They haven't even explained why consoles need to check in online.

Ok this sounds strange, although it not working in Macedonia doesn't really affect me!

But it's not about it affecting you, it's about it affecting the general audience. If it doesn't work in any particular countries it's affecting millions upon millions of potential buyers and Microsoft are severely harming their reputation by doing this.

Fair point, although I can't see myself wanting to use more than 500GB?

Again, it's not just down to your particular preferences, but the preferences of the general audience. You may not think you'll use 500GB, but when you're forced to install some games to play them properly you'll need more than 500GB. Plus it's always nice to have an upgrade path and not be limited in what you can do.

Yes it is, but then again Xbox are throwing in a years Xbox LIVE for free whilst PS are making you get PS+, so there's some of the difference made up already.

Considering XBL is now considered to be worse than PS+, I should think that M$ would be giving out XBL for free anyway.

PS+ offers great deals on games every month (and some free games), plus games inclusive when you buy the PS4, better online features and a larger variety of more secure, stable servers.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #48: Jun 15, 2013 09:11:47 pm

PS4 is a lot cheaper.

;D. You're a PS fan boy.

This all information is false. It would thought that you would do a bit of research but hey.

Where did you get that PS4 is a massive 50% more powerful than Xbox. I would love to know that, have you ever seen the specs of both the consoles?

Xbox 360 also had restricted regions. Did it hamper the sales of it?

About the 24 hour internet check. We all are connected to internet 24/7. We all love to play multiplayer. What's the problem then? If you are going on a vacation. Surely you're Phone has a Internet access? Right? You may as well take the necessary update connecting the Xbox from your phone.

Xbox one allows you to upgrade your memory through external hard-drives and USBs.

So much of your 20:1 sales.

For every two Xbox One consoles that are pre-ordered, three PlayStation 4 consoles are reserved, according to new data from U.S. retailers.
      Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/ps4-outpaces-xbox-one-in-pre-order-numbers-98052/#D4Q7ZQlwklDgbDCt.99
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2013 09:49:36 pm by Arrie »
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #49: Jun 15, 2013 09:27:53 pm
      Nope, once you install a game it's linked to your account. You can't do anything about that and Microsoft are unwilling to change that.

The difference here being that both machines are now running on the x86 instruction set - the same instruction set that PCs use. That means the difference on paper will also transfer over to real-time performance, and it will reflect significantly through frames per second.

Okay, so what about the guys in the army? What are they going to do with no internet? What about countries with limited or no internet? Microsoft haven't thought this through. They haven't even explained why consoles need to check in online.

But it's not about it affecting you, it's about it affecting the general audience. If it doesn't work in any particular countries it's affecting millions upon millions of potential buyers and Microsoft are severely harming their reputation by doing this.

Again, it's not just down to your particular preferences, but the preferences of the general audience. You may not think you'll use 500GB, but when you're forced to install some games to play them properly you'll need more than 500GB. Plus it's always nice to have an upgrade path and not be limited in what you can do.

Considering XBL is now considered to be worse than PS+, I should think that M$ would be giving out XBL for free anyway.

PS+ offers great deals on games every month (and some free games), plus games inclusive when you buy the PS4, better online features and a larger variety of more secure, stable servers.
      Again mate, No research, only wild guesses.

Nope, once you install a game it's linked to your account. You can't do anything about that and Microsoft are unwilling to change that. For the love of God. You have ZERO knowledge about Xbox one.

The difference here being that both machines are now running on the x86 instruction set - the same instruction set that PCs use. That means the difference on paper will also transfer over to real-time performance, and it will reflect significantly through frames per second. The specs of PS4 and Xbox are almost the same.

Again, it's not just down to your particular preferences, but the preferences of the general audience. You may not think you'll use 500GB, but when you're forced to install some games to play them properly you'll need more than 500GB. Plus it's always nice to have an upgrade path and not be limited in what you can do. Again the 500 hard drive is up-gradable.

I bet you haven't used the XBL. It's light years better than PSN. I have my PS3 and the PSN is terrible. Xbox is now giving 2 new games every month to GOLD users starting with Fable3 , Assasins creed 3, Halo 3.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #50: Jun 15, 2013 10:14:46 pm
      Nope, I prefer PC myself, but carry on. If anything, I'd say you're more of an XB fanboy than anything. But that's fine, each to their own - right? I'm sure it won't let your sheer arrogance shine through -- oh wait. Too late for that.

This all information is false. It would though that you would do a bit of research but hey.
      For starters, "this all information"? What? I'll ignore how that bit made absolutely NO sense for the time being and ask how you came to that conclusion first. I have done my research, believe me on that.

Where did you get that PS4 is a massive 50% more powerful than Xbox. I would love to know that, have you ever seen the specs of both the consoles?
      Of course I've seen the specs. Haven't you? If you have then you'd obviously realise that I'm speaking sense here. Here's an image to demonstrate how much sense I'm speaking:

You're welcome.

Xbox 360 also had restricted regions. Did it hamper the sales of it?
      Not for the first year, but the PS3 caught up and is now overtaking the 360 in terms of sales, so in the long run it has actually hampered sales. Besides, we're not talking about the 360 here - we're talking about the XBOne. Which is going to flop. Miserably. One reason WILL be because its main competitor is completely region-free while the XBOne isn't even enabled in Japan. Massive mistake. Absolutely astronomical.

About the 24 hour internet check. We all are connected to internet 24/7. We all love to play multiplayer. What's the problem then? If you are going on a vacation. Surely you're Phone has a Internet access? Right? You may as well take the necessary update connecting the Xbox from your phone.
      As I said before - Army, countries with limited/no internet. What the F**k are they going to do? Buy an XBOne and twiddle their thumbs? Uh, nah. They'd buy a PS4.

And it's "your".

Xbox one allows you to upgrade your memory through external hard-drives and USBs.
      So? Why should anybody have to use external devices? The hard drive itself should be upgradeable and it clearly isn't. You can change the PS4's hard drive in the blink of an eye, so why not XBOne's?

So much of your 20:1 sales.

For every two Xbox One consoles that are pre-ordered, three PlayStation 4 consoles are reserved, according to new data from U.S. retailers.
      Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/ps4-outpaces-xbox-one-in-pre-order-numbers-98052/#D4Q7ZQlwklDgbDCt.99
      It's obvious I was talking about Amazon, but congratulations (!!) you found a random Christian website that, for some reason, is focusing on fabricated sales figures. No more sources, or was that the only one that came up on Google to back up your little theory? :'(

Again mate, No research, only wild guesses.
      Yup, that's it, I'm guessing. I got ALL my information correct by guessing.

For the love of God. You have ZERO knowledge about Xbox one.
      Games are account-linked. Go and do your research, then come back to me. They. Are. Account. Linked.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-discs-linked-to-user-accounts-additional-fee-for-used-games/
      http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352314/xbox-one-hard-drive-game-installs

The specs of PS4 and Xbox are almost the same.
      Some are, but not the specs that matter (i.e. GPU floating point operations, shaders, (V)RAM speed). So in the GPU aspect, the PS4 is easily 50% faster. Easily.

Again the 500 hard drive is up-gradable.
      Mmm. No it's not.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hard-drive/

I bet you haven't used the XBL. It's light years better than PSN. I have my PS3 and the PSN is terrible. Xbox is now giving 2 new games every month to GOLD users starting with Fable3 , Assasins creed 3, Halo 3.
      Yeah, those games won't be for the XBOne, just the 360. And yes I have used XBL, it's good, don't get me wrong on that. But the way Sony have pitched PS+ for PS4 and beyond is what I'm basing my opinion on. They're helping indie developers, they're doing deals on games every month, they're focusing on what the user wants. Not what the company wants. Oh, and their servers are more stable.

Oh, and a few funny things about the XBOne, too. Just to prove to you I've been "doing my research":

- Microsoft wouldn't trust their beta console to showcase XBOne at E3, so they used a PC running Windows 7 and an Nvidia GPU:
      http://www.overclock.net/t/1400735/cb-xbox-one-games-at-e3-were-running-on-windows-7-with-nvidia-gtx-cards/0_30

- If you get banned on XBL on XBOne, all the games you bought will be wiped and you can never play them again without purchasing a new XBL account and new copies of games:
      http://www.overclock.net/t/1400943/twitter-microsoft-if-you-get-banned-you-forfeit-all-games-installed/0_30

Oops?
      Bier
      Reply #51: Jun 15, 2013 11:50:52 pm
      I have a 360, and I like it and also like Xbox live. But no way I'm getting a One. It's pretty obvious to me that Microsoft are f**king up. Their system is less powerful, more restricted and more expensive than the PS4. Basically all my mates who have a 360 think the same, I expect Microsoft to really have problems this generation, they could really hurt. Which isn't good really, competition is good.

Also, those Amazon order figures are worrying for Microsoft, because those are directly done by customers. Retail orders are not, they're done by the retailers, they order for stock too.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2013 12:25:59 am by Bier »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #52: Jun 16, 2013 11:35:43 am
      I have a 360, and I like it and also like Xbox live. But no way I'm getting a One. It's pretty obvious to me that Microsoft are f**king up. Their system is less powerful, more restricted and more expensive than the PS4. Basically all my mates who have a 360 think the same, I expect Microsoft to really have problems this generation, they could really hurt.

Yep, pretty much where I am. I love my 360 and will continue to use it but for the next gen, I'm not interested in the One.
      Besides, my missus has pre-ordered me a PS4  8)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #53: Jun 16, 2013 01:07:26 pm
      Yep, pretty much where I am. I love my 360 and will continue to use it but for the next gen, I'm not interested in the One.
      Besides, my missus has pre-ordered me a PS4  8)

Same here. I've got no allegiances. I just pick whichever console is the obvious best choice. Since the PS1 it's been the Xbox and the 360 but clearly the One, the worst name they could have chosen, is already a huge flop. The emphasis on TV just baffles me. We all already have TVs to watch TV on because otherwise we wouldn't have a TV to use the console with Microsoft you tw*ts.

Mircosoft and the One remind me a bit like modern football. Little fees here, rules here, sit down shut up there...lots of money for something that used to be cheap and simple. The used game F**k up made the PS4 the easiest console decision I've ever made.

Sadly, my missus has not pre-ordered me a PS4 :(
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #54: Jun 16, 2013 10:19:29 pm
      Res, Mate.

Both the consoles have almost the same specs like I've mentioned before. So how's PS4 is 50% better? People are putting TOO MUCH value in the GPU specs, the OS architecture and the development tools Microsoft offers easily offsets the base differences, in addition to the RAM and asset handling technologies of the OS level GPU scheduler.

Not for the first year, but the PS3 caught up and is now overtaking the 360 in terms of sales, so in the long run it has actually hampered sales. Besides, we're not talking about the 360 here - we're talking about the XBOne. Which is going to flop. Miserably. One reason WILL be because its main competitor is completely region-free while the XBOne isn't even enabled in Japan. Massive mistake. Absolutely astronomical.
      http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1760932/xbox_360_sales_still_better_than_ps3_npd.html

Major Nelson has confirmed that Xbox 360 is still the #1 selling console.

As I said before - Army, countries with limited/no internet. What the f**k are they going to do? Buy an XBOne and twiddle their thumbs? Uh, nah. They'd buy a PS4.

Well, There is satellite internet available for the army. My Afghan friends Skype their family often. I don't which Army men are your referring here.

So? Why should anybody have to use external devices? The hard drive itself should be upgradeable and it clearly isn't. You can change the PS4's hard drive in the blink of an eye, so why not XBOne's?

I don't see any harm in it. It's a cheaper way to upgrade your HD. You can buy a 500 gig hard-drive for as low as 60 dollars.

It's obvious I was talking about Amazon, but congratulations (!!) you found a random Christian website that, for some reason, is focusing on fabricated sales figures. No more sources, or was that the only one that came up on Google to back up your little theory? :'(

Well, I for one haven't heard or seen anything related to your astronomical claims. 20:1 theory is a joke. I could be voting for PS4 and I may not buy it in the future.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hard-drive/Yeah, those games won't be for the XBOne, just the 360. And yes I have used XBL, it's good, don't get me wrong on that. But the way Sony have pitched PS+ for PS4 and beyond is what I'm basing my opinion on. They're helping indie developers, they're doing deals on games every month, they're focusing on what the user wants. Not what the company wants. Oh, and their servers are more stable.

Allright, If Sony charges for PSN, then they're helping indie developers, MS does the same, then they are just money grabbing people. I get it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #55: Jun 16, 2013 10:59:11 pm
      Both the consoles have almost the same specs like I've mentioned before. So how's PS4 is 50% better? People are putting TOO MUCH value in the GPU specs, the OS architecture and the development tools Microsoft offers easily offsets the base differences, in addition to the RAM and asset handling technologies of the OS level GPU scheduler.
      OS architecture? No such thing. It's all based on the instruction set, and both the PS4 and XBOne run on x86. The same as PCs.

The GPU matters, a LOT, on x86. Trust me on that.

Also you'll need to look at the memory specs too. GDDR5 vs DDR3, GDDR5 wins every time by over 100%. Look at the bandwidth throughput.

Major Nelson has confirmed that Xbox 360 is still the #1 selling console.
      "Overtaking" being the key word I used. Hasn't yet, but will.

Well, There is satellite internet available for the army. My Afghan friends Skype their family often. I don't which Army men are your referring here.
      Many friends I speak to have never had internet access in the Army.

I don't see any harm in it. It's a cheaper way to upgrade your HD. You can buy a 500 gig hard-drive for as low as 60 dollars.
      You can buy a 1TB HD (a proper one) for $40. And it's more reliable, faster as it uses the SATA interface and not USB and generally better for storage.

Well, I for one haven't heard or seen anything related to your astronomical claims. 20:1 theory is a joke. I could be voting for PS4 and I may not buy it in the future.
      I posted links to it earlier in the thread...

Allright, If Sony charges for PSN, then they're helping indie developers, MS does the same, then they are just money grabbing people. I get it.
      No, Sony are just actively encouraging Indie developers to carry on making games so they can release them on the Playstation Store. Both companies win.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #56: Jun 16, 2013 11:06:37 pm
      Also:
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #57: Jun 16, 2013 11:18:23 pm
      OS architecture? No such thing. It's all based on the instruction set, and both the PS4 and XBOne run on x86. The same as PCs.

The GPU matters, a LOT, on x86. Trust me on that.

Also you'll need to look at the memory specs too. GDDR5 vs DDR3, GDDR5 wins every time by over 100%. Look at the bandwidth throughput.
      In RAW DX9 level gaming performance the GPU in the PS3 is 'technically' faster than the DX10/11 based GPU in the Xbox 360. However, as the world has witnessed again and again, the Xbox 360's GPU handling continues to beat the PS3.

"Overtaking" being the key word I used. Hasn't yet, but will.

Maybe, Maybe not but the FACT is Xbox 360 has more sales than PS3

Many friends I speak to have never had internet access in the Army.
      You can buy a 1TB HD (a proper one) for $40. And it's more reliable, faster as it uses the SATA interface and not USB and generally better for storage.

This makes my argument even stronger. I can upgrade my storage dirt cheap. I am using external HD for my 360. Hasn't give me any problem.

Amazon link
      Well, according the link, I can only see numbers, doesn't tell me that users have actually pre-ordered the consoles or not

No, Sony are just actively encouraging Indie developers to carry on making games so they can release them on the Playstation Store. Both companies win.

Maybe the PSN is so sh*t. They can now make it worthwhile.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #58: Jun 16, 2013 11:22:10 pm
      I actually though, Xbox had a much better E3. They showed some quality titles and was really impressed. Sony also had some good titles but half of the games they showed were not even exclusives.

They edged off the E3 with the no DRM announcement. Which I am with Sony for this thing. Hate the Xbox policies.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #59: Jun 16, 2013 11:36:21 pm
      In RAW DX9 level gaming performance the GPU in the PS3 is 'technically' faster than the DX10/11 based GPU in the Xbox 360. However, as the world has witnessed again and again, the Xbox 360's GPU handling continues to beat the PS3.
      Sigh, two things:

Firstly, Sony aren't using DX9 with Cell. The equivalent would technically be DX10 anyway.

Secondly, they're both using x86. Both using DX11 GPUs. Numbers matter. I build PCs, I know everything I need to about this hardware, I know what kind of game they're playing, I study this information every day. Raw processing power on the x86 instruction set matters, no matter what OS you're using.

Maybe, Maybe not but the FACT is Xbox 360 has more sales than PS3
      And there's also the FACT that they've lost sales to Sony due to region-lock. Even after having a year's head-start they're not where they think they should be.

This makes my argument even stronger. I can upgrade my storage dirt cheap. I am using external HD for my 360. Hasn't give me any problem.
      Does it? I was talking about a proper mechanical hard drive. They're cheaper and better than your slower, below-par, average, external hard drives. So if anything it weakens your argument, as the XBOne can't upgrade its mechanical drive.

Well, according the link, I can only see numbers, doesn't tell me that users have actually pre-ordered the consoles or not
      The link is for verified Amazon pre-orders.

Maybe the PSN is so sh*t. They can now make it worthwhile.
      You ever used PSN? It's anything but sh*t (granted it's not as good as XBL on current-gen, but that's all changing :)).

I actually though, Xbox had a much better E3. They showed some quality titles and was really impressed. Sony also had some good titles but half of the games they showed were not even exclusives.
      Exclusives aren't going to impact a consoles sales as much as features would. If Microsoft had a much better E3, why couldn't they show the XBOne running games? Why did they have to use a PC running Windows 7? Do they distrust their console that much right now?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #60: Jun 18, 2013 03:03:14 pm
      Still undecided on which next gen console to get, I used to love my ps 1 then ps2, got an xbox (the massive original one) and It was great, mostly because of the games available, then got the 360, played on a ps3 and didn't really like the games that were out at the time so kinda became a xbox fan boy if you will. Now after watching the "reveals" Iam really not sure which one to get, I love sonys policys on pre-owned games, as I am a big fan and buyer of pre-owned titles, mostly the games you kinda like the look of but don't fancy spending £50 when its realised so I wait a couple of months and get it cheaper, and really don't mind paying for an online pass if the games good enough multiplayer. I also have no real issues with xbl, its very rare I cant connect and love the fact a I can watch sky through it. I do have a problem with there policys, I don't see why its so wrong to buy a pre-owned game or lend a game of a friends or family, which I also do, and again, if its a good game, online, I'll buy the pass and the game myself, pre-owned, of course. and also why do they need to check up on you every 24 hours??? sounds quite, dare I say it, "Big brother" to me. Stories about Kinect will prevent kids playing 18 rated games like cod or films, isn't that my job as a parent if I want to allow my kids play or watch it, or yours for your children? and it could even detect more than 5 people watching a film and refuse to play it. these are rumours Ive heard Iam not saying there facts, but from what M$'s own press releases say, It really wouldn't surprise me. I think they've strayed too far from what a console primary function is, To play games, sony on the other hand seem to be embracing that fact, so on that, I think I've convinced myself I'll be a PS4 owner very soon.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2013 06:36:54 pm
      I think they've strayed too far from what a console primary function is, To play games, sony on the other hand seem to be embracing that fact, so on that, I think I've convinced myself I'll be a PS4 owner very soon.

That's the main point for me, regardless of any other rumours.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #62: Jun 19, 2013 12:59:23 pm
      buys ps4 for $399:
      >gets on PS4
      >puts in game
      >plays Game
      >has fun

buys xbox one for $499:
      >gets home
      >plugs it in
      >tries to put in game
      >forgets that you HAVE to have xbox live to play any game no matter if it's single player or multi
      >gets out credit card and buys month of xbox live for 10$
      >tries to play
      >forgot kinect HAS to be plugged in for the xbox to work
      >plugs in kinect and tries again
      >game still won't work because it is a used copy of the game because used ones don't work
      >go back and buy a new copy for 60$
      >come back and wait 30 minutes for it to see if its new
      >finally starts game after 4 hours
      >gets ready to play the new dead rising 3
      >little brother comes in my room
      >little brother yells "XBOX OFF!" and it turns off
      >start to cry
      >get cancer because of xbox one
      >have to live the next 30 years in a hospital because you're dying alone
      >die at age 46 because of xbox one

Not all right, but still funny :laugh:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: X-Box 180 (formerly "Durango; One") Discussion
      Reply #63: Aug 10, 2013 02:31:19 pm
      If anyone is interested this is coming in the middle of November in the UK, well before the PS4 launch.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #64: Aug 11, 2013 07:45:31 pm
      Pre-ordered it.

Can't wait.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #65: Aug 12, 2013 04:39:01 am

As have I. Really hoping Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Cod are all available on day 1, as from what I've seen all have been announced to release before the estimated Xbox One release
      Bier
      Reply #66: Aug 20, 2013 10:06:09 pm
      Release for this has been delayed from November to somewhere in 2014 for my country the Netherlands, aswell as for Belgium, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #67: Aug 21, 2013 03:56:56 pm
      Aaand Microsoft F**k up yet again.

Clearly unexpected! :roll:
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 24, 2013 05:39:56 pm
      Preordered my PS4 a couple months back. I'll probably be picking up Watch Dogs, Fifa 14 and a second controller on launch day, as well as AC4 not long after that. Just can't wait for November 29.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #69: Aug 24, 2013 10:16:47 pm
      Aaand Microsoft f**k up yet again.

You don't really like Microsoft and Xbox. :D
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2013 11:12:33 pm by Arrie »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #70: Sep 06, 2013 06:42:19 pm
      Aaand Microsoft f**k up yet again.

Who in their right minds would choose this over the PS4? It's game over already...no pun intended!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #71: Oct 31, 2013 06:50:01 am
      Seems Res was correct, the difference in performance may well be noticeable this time:

The rumours are true: the forthcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts game will run natively at a higher resolution on the Sony PS4 than it will on the Xbox One. Developer Infinity Ward confirmed the news today.

In potentially significant news for those yet to pick a horse for the next-gen console war, the new first-person shooter outputs full 1080p graphics on PS4, but only 720p (upscaled to 1080p) gameplay on Xbox One.

The word comes courtesy of Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin, the game's executive producer, who tweeted: "For Xbox One we're 1080p upscaled from 720p."

"We're native 1080p on PS4," he added without confirming why the discrepancy exists. "We optimised each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both."

Power struggle

Call of Duty: Ghosts, which goes on sale next week for PS3 and Xbox 360 owners is the second high profile title to confirm a different resolution for the PS4 and Xbox One.

As our sister site CVG reports, EA's Battlefield 4 also places the Xbox One at a disadvantage. The PS4 version features 900p graphics, while the game is only 720p on Microsoft's console.

The revelations have led to speculation that the Xbox One isn't as powerful as the PS4 (despite the similar tech specs) and thus unable to handle the higher native resolution.

Whether that'll be enough to make a noticeable difference in the visual quality of games on the consoles remains to be seen, but it might just be enough to nudge those remaining fence sitters towards the PS4.

It's not all good news for PS4 fans today though. In a blog post, Sony confirmed there'll be no MP3 playback, external hard drives won't be supported and DLNA streaming is a big no-no on its new console.

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/call-of-duty-ghosts-offers-native-1080p-graphics-on-ps4-only-720p-on-xbox-one-1195090?post_id=578912099_10151672503917100#_=_
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #72: Oct 31, 2013 08:08:38 am
      Well well well... I was for sure gunning for the PS4 but now I'm not so sure. I have a pretty beast PC and I have to say battlefield looks absolutely insane on my 680. Running on ultra at 1080p :)  The Xbone launch lineup looks a bit better with DR3 and Ryse. Still on the fence though and now with these announcements I'm real confused.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #73: Nov 03, 2013 03:33:23 am
      I'm so disappointed at the PS4 announcements with regards to external hard drives, MP3 and DLNA. Shuhei Yoshida spoke to the dev team about adding MP3 and DLNA support after he was hit with thousands of tweets from concerned customers. I think we'll see these features implemented not long after release.

However, still no plans for support for external hard drives. About 80% of my PS3 usage involved my external hard drives, so for me this is a big problem.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #74: Nov 03, 2013 02:05:44 pm
      However, still no plans for support for external hard drives. About 80% of my PS3 usage involved my external hard drives, so for me this is a big problem.

Neither console supports external drives at launch but I expect that will change. At least with the PS4 you will be able to swap out the 500gb drive for a larger one if you need to though it will hold 10+ games as it is. I think Microsoft and Sony both see the future of gaming being largely cloud-based but people aren't going to want to keep downloading everything just yet so physical copies will still rule for most. It's in their interest to encourage us to buy more games by not limiting storage so I can see external drive support coming at some point.

On a related note, it always surprises me how digital downloads are often as expensive it even MORE expensive than physical disks. Happens with PC games as well and makes no sense to me.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #75: Nov 08, 2013 01:49:37 am
      Neither console supports external drives at launch but I expect that will change. At least with the PS4 you will be able to swap out the 500gb drive for a larger one if you need to though it will hold 10+ games as it is. I think Microsoft and Sony both see the future of gaming being largely cloud-based but people aren't going to want to keep downloading everything just yet so physical copies will still rule for most. It's in their interest to encourage us to buy more games by not limiting storage so I can see external drive support coming at some point.

On a related note, it always surprises me how digital downloads are often as expensive it even MORE expensive than physical disks. Happens with PC games as well and makes no sense to me.
      They want people to start buying games digitally, but don't do anything to make that a reality. Digital downloads should be much cheaper and 500gb is not enough if you want people to download games. Each game is ~50gb!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2013 05:08:59 pm
      Just arrived! I'm like an excited little kid :'D

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #77: Nov 24, 2013 12:24:25 am
      Nice. Got mine after my exam on Friday. Got Assassin's Creed Black Flag (looks brilliant). FIFA (only had a couple of games) and Cod:Ghosts (the 4 games I played were pretty frustrating).

The voice commands seem pretty responsive which is impressive, it's a nice console
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #78: Nov 24, 2013 12:25:20 am
      Oh and I meant to say let me know how Ryse is. One of my mates got it and said not to buy it, but he's highly critical
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: XBox One Discussion
      Reply #79: Dec 30, 2014 06:54:01 pm
      I finally convinced myself to get an Xbox One today, however during the Day One Update it keeps stopping at 74%. A quick search online and itappears that it has happened to quite a few people although there is no clear fix to be found?

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to go about resolving the issue?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #80: Dec 30, 2014 06:57:29 pm
      I finally convinced myself to get an Xbox One today, however during the Day One Update it keeps stopping at 74%. A quick search online and itappears that it has happened to quite a few people although there is no clear fix to be found?

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to go about resolving the issue?

Shoulda brought a PS4 my friend....
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #81: Dec 30, 2014 06:59:28 pm
      Shoulda brought a PS4 my friend....

Starting to look like that I'm afraid...
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #82: Dec 30, 2014 09:26:17 pm
      So after 5 hours of trying everything that I could find to fix the issue and trying countless times to get in touch with a member of Xbox support staff... I was told to wait 24 hours and if it doesn't work bring it back to the shop?

After the amount of money I forked out for this, to have an issue like this before ever playing a game is above a farce!

I genuinely put in quite a bit of research in deciding between an Xbox One and a PS4 and this didn't come across as an issue. However if you are thinking about getting one, just keep this in mind.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #83: Dec 30, 2014 09:42:51 pm
      So after 5 hours of trying everything that I could find to fix the issue and trying countless times to get in touch with a member of Xbox support staff... I was told to wait 24 hours and if it doesn't work bring it back to the shop?

After the amount of money I forked out for this, to have an issue like this before ever playing a game is above a farce!

I genuinely put in quite a bit of research in deciding between an Xbox One and a PS4 and this didn't come across as an issue. However if you are thinking about getting one, just keep this in mind.

Could be worse mate, my nephew ordered an Xbox one from Amazon for christmas, and received A 360 with a PS4 controller!!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #84: Dec 30, 2014 09:47:17 pm
      Could be worse mate, my nephew ordered an Xbox one from Amazon for christmas, and received A 360 with a PS4 controller!!

No way! sh*t, that is madness!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #85: Dec 30, 2014 09:53:02 pm

Yep! Guess which online shopping company I won't risk buying from anymore!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #86: Jan 02, 2015 06:50:14 pm
      So I had my Xbox One replaced and I was informed that I had "Bricked" my console during the initial update. While I tried to do it via my WiFi the connection dropped once and apparently this is what done my console in. The lads in the shop told me to do it with an ethernet cable and no other way!

It's all good so far. And apparently every other update and download is fine over a wireless network too. So if You do invest in an Xbox One, make sure you use a wired connection for your set up!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #87: Feb 13, 2015 06:35:45 pm
      My oldest got one for Christmas (It's what he wanted because he loves the Forza series) and haven't really had any problems with it. I've played AC Black Flag and Unity on it, and Fifa 15. I set mine up over Wifi (slow Wifi...10mbps) and never had an issue, although I don't like having to download the entire game to the hard drive and then waiting for updates occasionally. But all in all it's not a bad console. I've never played the PS4 so I couldn't compare but I'm happy enough with the Xbox One.

Quick Reply