Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

XBox One Discussion

Read 21481 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: X-Box One (formerly "Durango") Discussion
      Reply #23: May 21, 2013 07:03:56 pm
      HTC already slagging them on Twitter.

So it copies their name and looks like a boxy PS3.

No thanks.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: May 21, 2013 07:48:21 pm
      It looks like they've just made the 360 square and stuck a slot in the front, no doubt it'll F**k up every two seconds, the money I wasted on 360's. Hopefully someone cracks it nice and early, microsoft greedy feckers.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2013 07:51:31 pm
      I've had my 360 for 5 years, no issues at all just the disc tray jams sometimes, not a problem though just stick a knife in there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26: May 21, 2013 07:52:56 pm
      Is it going to have Bluray player this time?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: May 21, 2013 08:05:02 pm
      Apparently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: May 21, 2013 08:31:37 pm
      Getting Bluray.
      Sure sign it's about to become irrelevant/obsolete.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: May 21, 2013 08:53:30 pm
      I've had my 360 for 5 years, no issues at all just the disc tray jams sometimes, not a problem though just stick a knife in there.

Lucky bugger, I've had three and they had red rings more than me at peak haemorrhoid, I've got one catching dust under the telly now, it hasn't worked for ages, it even moved bloody house with us!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #30: May 21, 2013 09:36:18 pm
      Lucky bugger, I've had three and they had red rings more than me at peak haemorrhoid, I've got one catching dust under the telly now, it hasn't worked for ages, it even moved bloody house with us!
      Haha, I've had xbox for 4 years now. Never gave me a problem.Not even a single minor problem.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: May 21, 2013 09:47:48 pm
      2 becomes 1.

I'll get my coat.
      Bier
      Reply #32: May 22, 2013 05:39:25 am
      Same here, haven't had problems with my xbox 360 either.

Презентация XBOX ONE / Presentation XBOX ONE

New Xbox One - TV Integration: Exclusive WIRED Video

I think the Xbox one is going to tank. PS4 seems to aim more at the gamers, putting gaming first with just alot of extras. Xbox one is more aiming at being an all encompassing entertainment system it seems, they're certainly marketing it that way, not so much targetting gamers but just everybody, families. I think they're making a big mistake there because they're going to loose the gamers, who make out to be a large part of the demographic that could even be interested in a Xbox one. I think they're overextending themselfs, and are forgetting the customers that made their previous consoles a success.

Also, their whole system seems to depend alot on kinect and voice recognition, anyone else expecting that to fail miserably and be frustrating as hell? The interactive tv part also seems very U.S. orientated, and I doubt it would be as functional in my country.  Also doubtful whether they can compete with Smart TVs, Google TV and local interactive TV providers for that TV market. And only 500 GB harddrive, when you have to install and play every game from your harddrive.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2013 05:50:36 am by Bier »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #33: May 26, 2013 06:31:46 pm
      Xbox One Reveal: Angry Rant

:lmao: This guy is freaking HILARIOUS! He brings up some really good points though.
      Bier
      Reply #34: May 26, 2013 06:55:27 pm
      Angry Joe, yeah, his game reviews are quite good.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #35: Jun 13, 2013 09:49:19 am
      Microsoft have royally fu**ed themselves, and Sony are taking complete advantage of this F**k-up.

Microsoft lose.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #36: Jun 13, 2013 01:45:27 pm

Hahaha
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Jun 13, 2013 08:51:04 pm

Too soon?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #38: Jun 13, 2013 08:55:52 pm
      They already did that about 50 times in their presser alone.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #39: Jun 14, 2013 03:53:26 am
      Yep. There are good 3-4 months left from the release. So anything can happen. I still believe that Xbox will have more sales than PS4.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #40: Jun 14, 2013 08:24:00 am
      Yep. There are good 3-4 months left from the release. So anything can happen. I still believe that Xbox will have more sales than PS4.

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

The ratio of preorders right now on Amazon for PS4 to XBOne is around 15:1. For every fifteen PS4 pre-orders there is just one XBOne pre-order.

Amazon are also holding a pre-order vote which is verified by users who have bought the consoles through the Amazon app:
      https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

There's no way Microsoft are going to get anywhere near the PS4's sales. Ever.

I'll tell you this - if anybody chooses XBOne over the PS4 this generation, they're stupid. Absolutely stupid.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41: Jun 14, 2013 11:22:36 am
      I don't think there's much difference between the two, but hey that's me.

PS3 looked better on paper but I thought (from playing both) that the 360 was miles better.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #42: Jun 14, 2013 05:49:14 pm
      PS3 looked better on paper but I thought (from playing both) that the 360 was miles better.

Sony (and game developers) failed to make the most of the PS3 so I agree on that score and in fact, I know a good number of PS3 owners complained about just that (not forgetting the 360 came out much earlier). This time around, however, it isn't simply about the hardware on offer and the PS4 looks FAR more appealing for those concerned with gaming above any other features. As Res said, I can't see Microsoft getting anywhere near Sony this time.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #43: Jun 14, 2013 11:41:53 pm
      Hahaha, that's hilarious.

The ratio of preorders right now on Amazon for PS4 to XBOne is around 15:1. For every fifteen PS4 pre-orders there is just one XBOne pre-order.

Amazon are also holding a pre-order vote which is verified by users who have bought the consoles through the Amazon app:
      https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

There's no way Microsoft are going to get anywhere near the PS4's sales. Ever.

I'll tell you this - if anybody chooses XBOne over the PS4 this generation, they're stupid. Absolutely stupid.

I think we should wait for the console release before making assumption.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #44: Jun 15, 2013 10:17:46 am
      I don't think there's much difference between the two, but hey that's me.

PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBOne.

PS4 allows you to play used games. XBOne doesn't.

PS4 has no region lock - you could import a console from Japan and play any games on it. XBOne doesn't allow that, and upon release it's not even going to be working properly in Japan and Macedonia. (WTF, right?)

PS4 doesn't require an internet connection to play. Microsoft have said that XBOne HAS TO check in online once every 24 hours (the theory is that's for surveillance purposes).

PS4 allows you to replace the hard drive with a larger one if you wish. XBOne doesn't.

PS4 has better exclusives.

PS4 is a lot cheaper.

PS4 is faster, more user friendly and doesn't focus on TV. It focuses on GAMING - like every console should.

I think we should wait for the console release before making assumption.

How is it an assumption if the link I posted and Amazon pre-order figures are right there in front of you? It's now fact, Arrie, that the PS4 is currently outselling the XBOne by more than 20:1 even before release!

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45: Jun 15, 2013 11:51:49 am
      PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBOne.

Yes it is, but like I said the PS3 won on paper last year but I felt the 360 was the better console.

PS4 allows you to play used games. XBOne doesn't.

You can play used games, you can trade them in just like you would at GAME etc.

PS4 has no region lock - you could import a console from Japan and play any games on it. XBOne doesn't allow that, and upon release it's not even going to be working properly in Japan and Macedonia. (WTF, right?)

Ok this sounds strange, although it not working in Macedonia doesn't really affect me!

PS4 doesn't require an internet connection to play. Microsoft have said that XBOne HAS TO check in online once every 24 hours (the theory is that's for surveillance purposes).

Don't see the big deal in this, everyone has internet and Microsoft have themselves said it takes just a few seconds so if your internet is down you could just use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot.

PS4 allows you to replace the hard drive with a larger one if you wish. XBOne doesn't.

Fair point, although I can't see myself wanting to use more than 500GB?

PS4 has better exclusives.

That's debatable again, think Xbox have some cracking exclusives as well myself.

PS4 is a lot cheaper.

Yes it is, but then again Xbox are throwing in a years Xbox LIVE for free whilst PS are making you get PS+, so there's some of the difference made up already.

PS4 is faster, more user friendly and doesn't focus on TV. It focuses on GAMING - like every console should.

Totally agree with you here, which is what is making me edge towards the PS4, I don't need this Kinect rubbish nor do I need Skype integration. I was just saying, from my point of view, their isn't too much between the two yet.

Quick Reply