Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

XBox One Discussion

Read 21615 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: X-Box 180 (formerly "Durango; One") Discussion
      Reply #69: Aug 24, 2013 10:16:47 pm
      Aaand Microsoft f**k up yet again.

Clearly unexpected! :roll:
      You don't really like Microsoft and Xbox. :D
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2013 11:12:33 pm by Arrie »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #70: Sep 06, 2013 06:42:19 pm
      Aaand Microsoft f**k up yet again.

Clearly unexpected! :roll:

Who in their right minds would choose this over the PS4? It's game over already...no pun intended!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #71: Oct 31, 2013 06:50:01 am
      Seems Res was correct, the difference in performance may well be noticeable this time:

The rumours are true: the forthcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts game will run natively at a higher resolution on the Sony PS4 than it will on the Xbox One. Developer Infinity Ward confirmed the news today.

In potentially significant news for those yet to pick a horse for the next-gen console war, the new first-person shooter outputs full 1080p graphics on PS4, but only 720p (upscaled to 1080p) gameplay on Xbox One.

The word comes courtesy of Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin, the game's executive producer, who tweeted: "For Xbox One we're 1080p upscaled from 720p."

"We're native 1080p on PS4," he added without confirming why the discrepancy exists. "We optimised each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both."

Power struggle

Call of Duty: Ghosts, which goes on sale next week for PS3 and Xbox 360 owners is the second high profile title to confirm a different resolution for the PS4 and Xbox One.

As our sister site CVG reports, EA's Battlefield 4 also places the Xbox One at a disadvantage. The PS4 version features 900p graphics, while the game is only 720p on Microsoft's console.

The revelations have led to speculation that the Xbox One isn't as powerful as the PS4 (despite the similar tech specs) and thus unable to handle the higher native resolution.

Whether that'll be enough to make a noticeable difference in the visual quality of games on the consoles remains to be seen, but it might just be enough to nudge those remaining fence sitters towards the PS4.

It's not all good news for PS4 fans today though. In a blog post, Sony confirmed there'll be no MP3 playback, external hard drives won't be supported and DLNA streaming is a big no-no on its new console.

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/call-of-duty-ghosts-offers-native-1080p-graphics-on-ps4-only-720p-on-xbox-one-1195090?post_id=578912099_10151672503917100#_=_
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #72: Oct 31, 2013 08:08:38 am
      Well well well... I was for sure gunning for the PS4 but now I'm not so sure. I have a pretty beast PC and I have to say battlefield looks absolutely insane on my 680. Running on ultra at 1080p :)  The Xbone launch lineup looks a bit better with DR3 and Ryse. Still on the fence though and now with these announcements I'm real confused.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #73: Nov 03, 2013 03:33:23 am
      I'm so disappointed at the PS4 announcements with regards to external hard drives, MP3 and DLNA. Shuhei Yoshida spoke to the dev team about adding MP3 and DLNA support after he was hit with thousands of tweets from concerned customers. I think we'll see these features implemented not long after release.

However, still no plans for support for external hard drives. About 80% of my PS3 usage involved my external hard drives, so for me this is a big problem.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #74: Nov 03, 2013 02:05:44 pm
      However, still no plans for support for external hard drives. About 80% of my PS3 usage involved my external hard drives, so for me this is a big problem.

Neither console supports external drives at launch but I expect that will change. At least with the PS4 you will be able to swap out the 500gb drive for a larger one if you need to though it will hold 10+ games as it is. I think Microsoft and Sony both see the future of gaming being largely cloud-based but people aren't going to want to keep downloading everything just yet so physical copies will still rule for most. It's in their interest to encourage us to buy more games by not limiting storage so I can see external drive support coming at some point.

On a related note, it always surprises me how digital downloads are often as expensive it even MORE expensive than physical disks. Happens with PC games as well and makes no sense to me.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #75: Nov 08, 2013 01:49:37 am
      Neither console supports external drives at launch but I expect that will change. At least with the PS4 you will be able to swap out the 500gb drive for a larger one if you need to though it will hold 10+ games as it is. I think Microsoft and Sony both see the future of gaming being largely cloud-based but people aren't going to want to keep downloading everything just yet so physical copies will still rule for most. It's in their interest to encourage us to buy more games by not limiting storage so I can see external drive support coming at some point.

On a related note, it always surprises me how digital downloads are often as expensive it even MORE expensive than physical disks. Happens with PC games as well and makes no sense to me.
      They want people to start buying games digitally, but don't do anything to make that a reality. Digital downloads should be much cheaper and 500gb is not enough if you want people to download games. Each game is ~50gb!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2013 05:08:59 pm
      Just arrived! I'm like an excited little kid :'D

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #77: Nov 24, 2013 12:24:25 am
      Nice. Got mine after my exam on Friday. Got Assassin's Creed Black Flag (looks brilliant). FIFA (only had a couple of games) and Cod:Ghosts (the 4 games I played were pretty frustrating).

The voice commands seem pretty responsive which is impressive, it's a nice console
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #78: Nov 24, 2013 12:25:20 am
      Oh and I meant to say let me know how Ryse is. One of my mates got it and said not to buy it, but he's highly critical
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: XBox One Discussion
      Reply #79: Dec 30, 2014 06:54:01 pm
      I finally convinced myself to get an Xbox One today, however during the Day One Update it keeps stopping at 74%. A quick search online and itappears that it has happened to quite a few people although there is no clear fix to be found?

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to go about resolving the issue?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #80: Dec 30, 2014 06:57:29 pm
      I finally convinced myself to get an Xbox One today, however during the Day One Update it keeps stopping at 74%. A quick search online and itappears that it has happened to quite a few people although there is no clear fix to be found?

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to go about resolving the issue?

Shoulda brought a PS4 my friend....
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #81: Dec 30, 2014 06:59:28 pm
      Shoulda brought a PS4 my friend....

Starting to look like that I'm afraid...
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #82: Dec 30, 2014 09:26:17 pm
      So after 5 hours of trying everything that I could find to fix the issue and trying countless times to get in touch with a member of Xbox support staff... I was told to wait 24 hours and if it doesn't work bring it back to the shop?

After the amount of money I forked out for this, to have an issue like this before ever playing a game is above a farce!

I genuinely put in quite a bit of research in deciding between an Xbox One and a PS4 and this didn't come across as an issue. However if you are thinking about getting one, just keep this in mind.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #83: Dec 30, 2014 09:42:51 pm
      So after 5 hours of trying everything that I could find to fix the issue and trying countless times to get in touch with a member of Xbox support staff... I was told to wait 24 hours and if it doesn't work bring it back to the shop?

After the amount of money I forked out for this, to have an issue like this before ever playing a game is above a farce!

I genuinely put in quite a bit of research in deciding between an Xbox One and a PS4 and this didn't come across as an issue. However if you are thinking about getting one, just keep this in mind.

Could be worse mate, my nephew ordered an Xbox one from Amazon for christmas, and received A 360 with a PS4 controller!!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #84: Dec 30, 2014 09:47:17 pm
      Could be worse mate, my nephew ordered an Xbox one from Amazon for christmas, and received A 360 with a PS4 controller!!

No way! sh*t, that is madness!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #85: Dec 30, 2014 09:53:02 pm

Yep! Guess which online shopping company I won't risk buying from anymore!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #86: Jan 02, 2015 06:50:14 pm
      So I had my Xbox One replaced and I was informed that I had "Bricked" my console during the initial update. While I tried to do it via my WiFi the connection dropped once and apparently this is what done my console in. The lads in the shop told me to do it with an ethernet cable and no other way!

It's all good so far. And apparently every other update and download is fine over a wireless network too. So if You do invest in an Xbox One, make sure you use a wired connection for your set up!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #87: Feb 13, 2015 06:35:45 pm
      My oldest got one for Christmas (It's what he wanted because he loves the Forza series) and haven't really had any problems with it. I've played AC Black Flag and Unity on it, and Fifa 15. I set mine up over Wifi (slow Wifi...10mbps) and never had an issue, although I don't like having to download the entire game to the hard drive and then waiting for updates occasionally. But all in all it's not a bad console. I've never played the PS4 so I couldn't compare but I'm happy enough with the Xbox One.

Quick Reply