Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Happy birthday George Harrison

Read 4369 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Happy birthday George Harrison
      Feb 25, 2013 07:41:26 pm
      Happy birthday george Harrison he would have been 70 today.

Genius songwriter and musician. Not given the credit of John and Paul but every bit as good.

Here comes the sun..du du du du
      Here comes the sun
      and I say
      Its alright
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2013 07:57:08 pm by Brian78 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: R.I.P George Harrison
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2013 08:13:39 pm
      Love the man and his music. Hard to believe he would have been 70 today. His thinking is something that hasn't really been followed up on since in the music industry. I mean who would write an anti-tax song like Taxman today? And who would confirm their passionate spiritual beliefs with a song like My Sweet Lord? He showed greater independence of mind and in music than anyone else I can think of. Rest in peace George Harrison.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Happy birthday George Harrison
      Reply #2: Feb 25, 2013 10:26:04 pm
      My favourite of his Beatles songs.

Happy Birthday George.

The Beatles- Something
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2013 01:52:16 pm
      My favorite Beatle. A massive, massive, massive influence on my life. I think I was about four when I first heard "She Loves You." Those riffs still blow me away every single time many years later.

A wonderful songwriter with an excellent sense of melody and a very underrated guitarist. Not the flashiest or most technical, it's often the subtleties in his playing that makes him so great. Put any other guitarist in The Beatles, and all those songs lose their character. You won't find classier lead guitar on a rock album than on "Abbey Road," for example.

And, obviously, the Elmore James bit under my profile is of course from "For You Blue" :laugh:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2013 11:49:29 pm
      My favorite Beatle. A massive, massive, massive influence on my life. I think I was about four when I first heard "She Loves You." Those riffs still blow me away every single time many years later.

A wonderful songwriter with an excellent sense of melody and a very underrated guitarist. Not the flashiest or most technical, it's often the subtleties in his playing that makes him so great. Put any other guitarist in The Beatles, and all those songs lose their character. You won't find classier lead guitar on a rock album than on "Abbey Road," for example.

And, obviously, the Elmore James bit under my profile is of course from "For You Blue" :laugh:

I think he's so underrated as a guitar player. He really knew how to allow the guitar to mould into the song and not sit atop of it as many guitarists try to do (if you get my drift). And I really love those fills/rifts in songs like She Loves You. He really influenced the likes of Johnny Marr and others later on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2016 12:11:25 pm
      Early pic of George and his family when they lived in Speke.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153937715947793&set=gm.1174052776022326&type=3
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Nov 29, 2016 07:16:04 pm
      Woke up yesterday with this song in my head for some reason. Today is the 15th anniversary of his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Sp61BtOW4

Quick Reply