Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Callum McManaman escapes FA action over Haidara challenge

Read 3337 times
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Re: Callum McManaman escapes FA action over Haidara challenge
      Reply #23: Mar 23, 2013 11:42:55 am
      The FA have set a precedent for taking retrospective action, a few years back, when Ben Thatcher smashed Pedro Mendes with an elbow. The ref had seen it, but it was so bad that the FA still took action. I'm not sure if the rules have changed since then, but if they could do it then, why not now?

In that case it was clearly an intentional case of assault / GBH. If that was on the street he would have been prosecuted.

The current tackle was certainly dangerous play but the intent wasn't cvlearly there to harm the other player - it was a reckless tackle from a young and inexperienced player making his home debut who was trying to get the ball.

Thats how I see it anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Callum McManaman escapes FA action over Haidara challenge
      Reply #24: Mar 24, 2013 12:49:59 pm
      In that case it was clearly an intentional case of assault / GBH. If that was on the street he would have been prosecuted.

The current tackle was certainly dangerous play but the intent wasn't cvlearly there to harm the other player - it was a reckless tackle from a young and inexperienced player making his home debut who was trying to get the ball.

Thats how I see it anyway.

I agree with that, it wasn't a stamp or an elbow or any sort of shithouse behaviour, it was a tackle!

Instead of slagging off Mcmanaman, why the F**k are the referee and two linesman getting away scot-free, television banging on about of a player being in the ref's line of sight, what the F**k were the linesman doing, surely the one on that side of the pitch should of seen the tackle.

And is anyone really surprised by Whelan's reaction, the fella is a F***ing woolyback idiot anyway!!

Quick Reply