Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ian Rush: Hero or Zero?

Read 1623 times
      SuarezBigestFan7
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Ian Rush: Hero or Zero?
      Feb 26, 2013 08:13:59 pm
      Hi fellow Reds,

I'm posting today as I have an opinion on Ian Rush that I feel is totally true and that a lot of blind Liverpool fans have missed.

Ian Rush is seen as a club legend and yeah, although he was one of our better players (although nothing on the likes of former legends Craig Bellamy and Steven Gerrard), I think he was massively overrated and really misjudged.

The comparison I like to make is to Titi Camara. Yes, he flopped at Liverpool and yes, he didn't score a lot of goals but was that due to a lack of individual quality or because he didn't have the great players around him creating chances? Ian Rush was LUCKY to have a great team around him and the goals he scored were because the great players were putting the ball on his foot, 6 yards out and providing him with chances that he simply couldn't miss. That's not him being a talented striker, that's Ian Rush being a fraud and claiming glory for his teammates hardwork.

I might even go far enough to say Ian Rush was a fraud. To have him held as a club legend is a joke.

LuisSuarezBigestFan7
      #YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Re: Ian Rush: Hero or Zero?
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2013 09:15:41 pm
      Brilliant trolling.  Cant be arsed though.

Topic Locked.

User banned.

Thanks for taking Joe Cole off us.

Quick Reply