Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

FA to probe Liverpool v Man Utd Under-21s fixture

Read 2637 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Feb 26, 2013 07:30:08 pm
      Not too sure where this should have been put, but here it is.

The Football Association is to look into incidents that occurred at Monday's Premier League Under-21s match between Liverpool and Manchester United.
      A fan ran on to the pitch during the second half at St Helens' Langtree Park stadium and appeared to direct abuse at Liverpool striker Adam Morgan.
      Flares were also set off in the stands, with one thrown on to the pitch.
      This comes two years after incidents affected their 2011 FA Youth Cup tie.
      On that occasion, three United fans were arrested and six ejected during the quarter-final match.
      Police also took action against the United supporters after they reportedly set off a flare and sang songs about the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21592001

FA to investigate after Liverpool v Manchester United under-21 match is marred by unrest
      The Football Association are to look into a number of incidents which occurred at last night's Premier League Under-21 match between Liverpool and Manchester United.

Late in the second half of the Reds' 1-0 defeat a fan ran onto the pitch at St Helens' Langtree Park stadium and appeared to direct abuse at Liverpool striker Adam Morgan before tussling with stewards as he was led away.

There were also two instances of flares being set off in the stands, with one being thrown onto the pitch.

The Football Association have confirmed to Press Association Sport they are looking into events at the match and are to write to the two clubs involved.

There were also reports of distasteful chants being made by a section of the visiting support but Merseyside Police said no complaints had been made to them and there was no record of any incidents in which they were involved at the fixture.

Fans of the two north-west clubs have a well-documented rivalry at first-team level but this is not the first time a youth team match has been affected.

Almost two years ago at an FA Youth Cup game at Anfield a minority of away supporters sang songs about the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters, a flare was let off, there were three arrests for drunkenness and six United fans were ejected from the ground.

PA
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fa-to-investigate-after-liverpool-v-manchester-united-under21-match-is-marred-by-unrest-8511648.html

Any one able to shed more light on this?

Was it one sided?

Either way bang out of order.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Re: FA to probe Liverpool v Man Utd Under-21s fixture
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2013 08:57:21 pm
      Simple solution here. Replay the match, and have no Man Utd fans present. That will teach them to settle down and watch the game like decent fans.

Did it effect the game? - possibly not, but FA could say throwing flares onto the pitch, and a fan running toward Morgan could "intimidate" our players, and the match should be replayed.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2013 09:04:32 pm
      No doubt they'll request a meeting with Ferguson and find a way of blaming Louis. :f_tongueincheek:
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2013 09:30:39 pm
      Have a read of the Ressies thread re the chanting.  I thought I heard something out of order, but I don't trust my ears or interpretation of what I hear at times.  I'm hoping the club have made a formal complaint because what I thought I heard, and what was widely reported on twitter, was disgraceful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2013 09:35:56 pm
      Simple solution here. Replay the match, and have no Man Utd fans present. That will teach them to settle down and watch the game like decent fans.

How exactly do you do that when the game is getting played in St Helens and half the population either support us or them and more than likely those acting like arseholes will hardly be decked out like christmas trees in manc gear?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Feb 26, 2013 09:35:58 pm
      No doubt they'll request a meeting with Ferguson and find a way of blaming Louis. :f_tongueincheek:

Why always Louis?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #6: Feb 26, 2013 09:37:16 pm

Because it's a running joke in Liverpool now, anything happens with the mancs and it's all Luis' fault!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Feb 26, 2013 10:15:22 pm
      #blamesuarez

Scouse twitter punchline for anything.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #8: Feb 26, 2013 10:31:47 pm
      Have a read of the Ressies thread re the chanting.  I thought I heard something out of order, but I don't trust my ears or interpretation of what I hear at times.  I'm hoping the club have made a formal complaint because what I thought I heard, and what was widely reported on twitter, was disgraceful.
      I was watching the game and did a double take at what those fuckers were chanting sure it was you black b***ard towards sterling as I was gob smacked.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Feb 26, 2013 10:32:35 pm
      They weren't even the first ones to start with the flares, the unoriginal bas**rds.
      Liverpool away fans have done it a few times now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2013 12:40:03 am
      They weren't even the first ones to start with the flares, the unoriginal bas**rds.
      Liverpool away fans have done it a few times now.

Yes the wankers should think back to Goodison Park 1985!!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2013 08:08:16 am
      Aldo's commentary was great.

'Nothing would surprise me about them'.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #12: Feb 27, 2013 10:27:07 am
      Scum fans get away with so much sh*t its unbelievable.

Classless, vile, subhumans can't wait until they turn into Milwall and F**k off out the league.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13: Feb 27, 2013 11:25:08 am
      Rather than replay game, do the standard UEFA "punishment" - 3-0 win to the opposition

Quick Reply