Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MotM? (Pick two)

Reina
      (25.7%)
      Coutinho
      (20.2%)
      Suarez
      (54.1%)

Wigan 0-4 Liverpool: In-game & post-match smoke bombs

Read 28448 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Wigan 0-4 Liverpool: In-game & post-match flare-lighting
      Reply #437: Mar 02, 2013 09:44:09 pm
      Additionally his constant relentless work rate hasn't subdued since the first game of the season.

It seems harsh that I expect it every time he plays now. Henderson gets a lot of credit for the number of miles he covers during a match, if you compared him and Luis purely on a 'running man' basis it wouldn't surprise me if Luis came out ahead.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #438: Mar 02, 2013 10:00:11 pm
      Buzzing. That was fantastic! I think Quico makes some great points in his post. A few poor moments from defense, but otherwise we were good tonight.

Pepe was massive back there. Some great saves to bail out some poor moments. Coutinho was very lively. And Suarez - running out of superlatives!

All around a good win. 4-0 win on the road. Really can't complain about that!
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #439: Mar 02, 2013 10:11:08 pm
      Amazing performance we are now have all the pieces in place for a run for  fourth in the EPL. Luis is back at the top  in scoring race where he belongs. Coutino must rank as an absolute steal,plus sturridge.Hope we can beat spurs next week to close the gap.Cant wait to see the video highlights later.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #440: Mar 02, 2013 10:29:47 pm
      Still buzzing and it's so good to see us roll over opposition like this on a regular basis now.

I'm going for Suarez as MOTM but Pepe is a very close second and some of his reaction saves today were fantastic.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #441: Mar 02, 2013 10:45:00 pm
      What an away day that was. The Rafa chant was easily the loudest. Great atmosphere and performance, just awesome all round.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #442: Mar 02, 2013 10:49:21 pm
      Point of order for thread headline.

Was smoke-bombs, not flares!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #443: Mar 02, 2013 10:50:28 pm
      The Rafa chant was easily the loudest.

That was done purely to piss off bigmick & LFC Across The Water.  ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #444: Mar 02, 2013 11:05:05 pm
      Point of order for thread headline.

Was smoke-bombs, not flares!!

Fair play, shall amend ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Wigan 0-4 Liverpool: In-game & post-match smoke bombs
      Reply #445: Mar 03, 2013 01:29:10 am
      Very pleased..... good to see glimpses of the old in the new..... dominating matches and wearing down the opposition.
      Wigan were chasing shadows at the end.

I want to be ecstatic but so far this season when we have turned the corner ....along comes a banana skin.

One of our best performances so far and Coutinho is what we have been asking for.
      (Luis has had enough of my MOTM votes. Given the new lad one.)
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #446: Mar 03, 2013 02:17:17 am
      Yesterday's game was awesome! And we didn't even have Sturridge! I hope we overwhelm Tottenham too.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #447: Mar 03, 2013 04:56:42 am
      Great performance against that has been difficult opposition for us in recent years especially at this time of the season. Suarez is the best player in the league, Coutinho has added immense skills and class to our team and Pepe is back to his best. Defence still has me worried but midfield and attack provided them cover. Let's hope the good run continues till the end of season. Go for CL.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #448: Mar 03, 2013 05:25:26 am
      I noticed the Wigan fans didn't boo Suarez today.  That must be the first time that's happened away all season.  I know he says it doesn't get to him but surely it's nice not to be booed every time you touch the ball.  I wonder why they don't boo when everyone else does.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #449: Mar 03, 2013 05:45:25 am
      I think we're far too inconsistent for me to be confident in us. Sure, we destroy teams like Wigan. But when the pressure's on we crumble.

Good showing nonetheless. Suarez is a god.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #450: Mar 03, 2013 06:05:38 am
      I think we're far too inconsistent for me to be confident in us. Sure, we destroy teams like Wigan. But when the pressure's on we crumble.

Three wins on the trot, not a bad start.  Next week against Spurs will be the biggest test since January, IMO, to see if we're actually making progress.  Everyone should be available (Sturridge, Skrtel, etc).  So we'll see if we've got what it takes now.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #451: Mar 03, 2013 06:44:44 am
      When stevie had probably had the best season of his career. Joke.

Van Persie is a top quality finisher, without a doubt, but doesn't give much else to the team.
      Bale has had a good 5-7 games, and as peaking at the right time is in everyones mind at the moment but where was he before christmas?
      Suarez has led from the front and got through the first 6 months of the season pretty much running things on his own. Additionally his constant relentless work rate hasn't subdued since the first game of the season.

Easy choice for me, we've got the best player in the league in our squad.

You say Van Persie doesn't do much else for the team; I'm just throwing it out there, Van Persie has more assists than Suarez.

I think Suarez is the better player. Van Persie is equally as good in probably every department except for work rate and dribbling. I think Van Persie is a better finisher too but that's debatable.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #452: Mar 03, 2013 07:05:55 am
      Incredible performance against opposistion we have struggled against in recent years.

The travelling Kop were immense and I loved the not so subtle message to the chavs.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #453: Mar 03, 2013 07:20:12 am
       Well done the REDS,thatwas a great result and it was good to see all players fighting for the ball.I chose Suarez s my man of the match but could not decide on the second.Pepe played brilliantly and made some world class saves.Young Coutinho was fantastic and he made 2 of our goals,the first one to Downing was inch perfect and I reckon even I would of scored.The second through ball to Suarez was also inch perfect,this lad has got it all,the football,the ability to beat a man and the football brain to find a teammate,a bargain buy who did not cost the earth.All I want now is for the lads to show the consistency of the last few weeks through to the end of the season.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #454: Mar 03, 2013 09:25:00 am
      Well to get a top four finish we need a fit sturridge who can supply a few more goals just wonder if he is injury prone?. Coutinho is an absolute gem has immense footballing skills, to make that sort of impact at his age is a sign of greatness. We have an easy schedule in our remaining games so top four position is acheivable.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #455: Mar 03, 2013 09:34:47 am
      LFCexiled
      Reply #456: Mar 03, 2013 09:55:55 am

Absolutely loved that, I swear I heard chavs exploding, our away support were excellent yesterday.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #457: Mar 03, 2013 09:56:37 am
      I think the most impressive player apart from the best player in the world, was Pepe.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #458: Mar 03, 2013 10:02:19 am
      Brilliant today from the lads, never stopped chasing and harrassing when we didn't have the ball. Very clinical in front of goal. Luis is a Superstar but for once I won't give him another MOTM. For me it was Pepe. Brilliant saves all night when a few weeks ago they would have been in the back of the net.

Travelling KOP were immense, kudos to them. Loved all the Chants especially the Luis Garcia and Rafa chants. It was nice that they backed up the Rafa chant with the Brendan Rodgers chant, great touch there.

All in all, delighted with the away performance, hopefully the lads can take that back to Anfield and wipe the floor with those Spuds and Luis can go further ahead in Golden Boot race with his 50th, 51st, 52nd and 53rd.  ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #459: Mar 03, 2013 10:19:59 am
      Another goalfest for all Reds to enjoy and I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.

Luis is a Superstar but for once I won't give him another MOTM. For me it was Pepe.

You know what; I'm the same. Everyone knows I think the sun shines out of Luis' ass; he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned but without Pepe's immense performance yesterday that could easily have been a drawn game. So MotM goes to him.

We're on the march...

Quick Reply