Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Battlefield 4

Read 9796 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Battlefield 4
      Reply #23: Feb 21, 2014 03:27:00 pm
      Have to disagree about it being the worst, sure there are problems within the game that should really have been sorted before release, but on a whole its great, and with every update it gets better (well most of the time :P) and Iam happy to say I got rid of cod ghosts (the truly worst game of a franchise) and upgraded to bf premium for the first time ever, and Iam enjoying all the (free) stuff and early assess now. But each to there own and I personally am loving it, also un-locked the L85 (sa80 as i call it, and it might not be the L85 :P), my favorite weapon since b/f 2 on the pc, so enjoying head hunting with that on metro at the min :D

I think it's great. Still sound issues at the very start of maps but no issues otherwise (PS4).

I usually concentrate on Engineer but I'm doing more Assault this time and I think my shooting is improving as a result (no temptation to fire off RPGs).
      Mainly using the M416, it's stable and proficient at almost any range. In BF3 I loved the AEK though so I might switch soon as I'm close to unlocking it. Then it's the FAMAS with it's ridiculous rate of fire, good times ahead, haha.

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 21, 2014 04:42:49 pm
      I think it's great. Still sound issues at the very start of maps but no issues otherwise (PS4).

I keep getting the same, (360) and sometimes at the very start its as thought the gfx on tank turrets and some guns are all blocky and strange, but it clears up after a few seconds, so not really a complaint just an issue :)
      Been assault mostly myself, if only to unlock the sa80, but love going engineer, but as you said, its far to tempting at times to fire the rpgs at annoying snipers ;D. Cant wait to try out the M416, sure I remember it from bf3, and it was a good all round gun.
      Still need to find a decent one for recon, using the shotgun, or DMR's as the sniper rifles I've unlocked dont really do it for me, none too keen on snipering anyways tbh.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #25: Feb 22, 2014 08:07:39 am
      I keep getting the same, (360) and sometimes at the very start its as thought the gfx on tank turrets and some guns are all blocky and strange, but it clears up after a few seconds, so not really a complaint just an issue :)
      Been assault mostly myself, if only to unlock the sa80, but love going engineer, but as you said, its far to tempting at times to fire the rpgs at annoying snipers ;D. Cant wait to try out the M416, sure I remember it from bf3, and it was a good all round gun.
      Still need to find a decent one for recon, using the shotgun, or DMR's as the sniper rifles I've unlocked dont really do it for me, none too keen on snipering anyways tbh.

Are you planning on upgrading to Xbox One or PS4? I bought my lad a copy of BF4 to play on his 360 and although it's still good, the fact that it's only 12v12 on the same maps as I usually see 32v32 means that they seem so quiet and empty. I suppose if you're used to that then it's less of an issue but I'd hate to go back.

As for sniping, I haven't really done it since Bad Company 2. Judging by the amount of times snipers kill me on BF4, it seems the best tactic might be to persevere until you unlock a rifle with a high rate of fire then run around the map using it as you would a mid-range carbine, rather than lying on your belly up in the hills. Seen some very good scores using that tactic.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 22, 2014 11:02:52 am
      Are you planning on upgrading to Xbox One or PS4? I bought my lad a copy of BF4 to play on his 360 and although it's still good, the fact that it's only 12v12 on the same maps as I usually see 32v32 means that they seem so quiet and empty. I suppose if you're used to that then it's less of an issue but I'd hate to go back.

As for sniping, I haven't really done it since Bad Company 2. Judging by the amount of times snipers kill me on BF4, it seems the best tactic might be to persevere until you unlock a rifle with a high rate of fire then run around the map using it as you would a mid-range carbine, rather than lying on your belly up in the hills. Seen some very good scores using that tactic.

Planning on getting an xbox one just as soon as I convince the missis its a "good deal" ;D.
      Must be quite an experience 32 v 32, I cant say its empty only because I haven't played it on next-gen yet, but there are points in some maps where your literally running about for 5 mins before seeing anyone else, but I think that adds to the charm.

Tried sniping again last night, just to get some snipers that spent the entire time on a huge tower, got 2 of em, which was nice, but I cant do that running about(I am one of them lying in a bush waiting for someone ;D) with the rifles I have, suppose I could with the DMR's might try that, thanks for the advice.
      Oh and make sure you go to the in game store, and get your free "booster packs" pistols and DMR's, get em all, but I don't you get the DMR one till the 25th unless your premium. just make sure they say free, don't want you buying them because of me :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: Feb 23, 2014 01:19:54 am
      If this game had the G3A3, I'd probably reinstall it.

As it stands, it has everything but. The SCAR-H is a carbine, not an AR and it is not an adequate replacement.

I WANT MY G3A3 DAMNIT.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #28: Feb 24, 2014 08:19:47 pm
      The played the new, rebooted Gulf of Oman map. To start with I though it was just a nicer looking version of the original with some extra stuff scattered about.
      Then the sandstorm kicked in! That map suddenly becomes epic!!  :o
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #29: Feb 25, 2014 05:59:40 pm
      The played the new, rebooted Gulf of Oman map. To start with I though it was just a nicer looking version of the original with some extra stuff scattered about.
      Then the sandstorm kicked in! That map suddenly becomes epic!!

Tell me about it, first time its so unexpected,and like you said epic, but after a few times it becomes a problem, not in a bad way more in a realistic way, spotting is less effective and actually seeing and hearing anything is hard, but still WOW!
      There are a few on the other re-booted maps, not as impressive but there still pretty cool :)
      Metro- dropping bits of the roof on people is really cool, especially when you don't mean it, or even knew about it :D <achievement unlocked style :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #30: Feb 26, 2014 02:05:41 am
      Tell me about it, first time its so unexpected,and like you said epic, but after a few times it becomes a problem, not in a bad way more in a realistic way, spotting is less effective and actually seeing and hearing anything is hard, but still WOW!
      There are a few on the other re-booted maps, not as impressive but there still pretty cool :)
      Metro- dropping bits of the roof on people is really cool, especially when you don't mean it, or even knew about it :D <achievement unlocked style :P

Metro with 64 players is pretty ridiculous. Both teams meet in the middle, one side at the top of the escalators, one at the bottom and then it's just constant gunfire and explosions until the end of the map with neither side gaining any more ground! Tiresome or exhilarating, depending on your mood.

Caspian Border is pretty cool now but I always liked that one anyway. The yellow, spiked barriers are a nice touch.

Operation Firestorm is a bit hit and miss, depending on the players. It's a decent map but is essentially an elongated bowl with hills all around and towers scattered about so sometimes it just fills up with snipers and they ruin the game. When most people are down on the ground it's a really good map.

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 26, 2014 12:10:06 pm
      Metro with 64 players is pretty ridiculous. Both teams meet in the middle, one side at the top of the escalators, one at the bottom and then it's just constant gunfire and explosions until the end of the map with neither side gaining any more ground! Tiresome or exhilarating, depending on your mood.

Caspian Border is pretty cool now but I always liked that one anyway. The yellow, spiked barriers are a nice touch.

Operation Firestorm is a bit hit and miss, depending on the players. It's a decent map but is essentially an elongated bowl with hills all around and towers scattered about so sometimes it just fills up with snipers and they ruin the game. When most people are down on the ground it's a really good map.

I love Metro, always have since bf3, and the thought of 64 players certainly sounds amazing to me, it can get really chaotic now, plenty of choke points ect but double the players I bet it's a ton of fun :).

Caspian border has always been good, the guard towers and the secret tunnel in the water to get to "B" are a real nice touch as-wall as the spiked barriers. (If you dont know the secret tunnel is in the deeper part of the river, you swim under water through a pipe, also get an achievement :D)

Firestorm I have to agree with you on, snipers and stingers a plenty, but sometimes you can get a really good match on it, but only sometimes, sadly. The ability to start fires almost everywhere is a nice touch, but I always find there've already been done so it's quite hard to unlock the "Firestarter" camo's, I'll get it done soon hopefully.

Oh, and 2 more "booster packs" are available, grenades and shotguns. :)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #32: Mar 12, 2014 11:45:28 am
      Anyone having issues with the campaign? I was 2 hours into it, then saved it and quit, played a bit of multiplayer then went back into the campaign but my saved game disappeared and the campaign reset by itself!   ???
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #33: Mar 13, 2014 10:42:19 am
      Anyone having issues with the campaign? I was 2 hours into it, then saved it and quit, played a bit of multiplayer then went back into the campaign but my saved game disappeared and the campaign reset by itself!

Nothing like that ever happened to me, It did on bf3, but I restarted a few times and it finally loaded my save game. Sorry I cant help, there may be something on the bf forums, I'll keep an eye out.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #34: Mar 16, 2014 04:27:29 pm
      I did check out the bf4 forums, most have the same problem too.

Quick Reply