Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Nuri Sahin has hit out at Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers

Read 2991 times
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Nuri Sahin has hit out at Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
      Mar 15, 2013 12:29:39 am
      http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/left-brendan-rodgers-thank-god-120600396--sow.html

if this is true... umm Sahin, how about trying to adapt to the needs of the team?  kind of conceited for a player to say he does not play in a certain position especially when he is still so young and can definitely learn another spot.  No. 10 is not an easy place to play... so BR putting him there shows he had confidence in him.  So many great players started their careers in one spot and actually made their claim to fame playing another.  Plus, if you are more versatile in multiple spots... makes you that much more valuable to the team.

I think Downing last year even said he would play defense if that would mean he could play....

glad we are rid of Sahin then if that was his attitude. 

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Re: Nuri Sahin has hit out at Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
      Reply #1: Mar 15, 2013 01:06:28 am
      Guaranteed soon he'll be tweeting or make a comment somewhere mentioning the word misquoted!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 15, 2013 01:28:05 am
       I thought he played before in this position, didn't him?!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3: Mar 15, 2013 04:05:24 am
      Weird situation that was.  Sahin was absolutely brilliant for Dortmund before he went to Madrid.  I assumed he was going to come in to be some sort of competition for Lucas and/or take the load off of him during this "recovery season" for Lucas.  But he was so, so, so slow.  I mean the game just blew by him.  But the truth is he's not an attacking player, he wasn't one at Dortmund and wasn't one at Madrid.  He's a deep lying/holding player, his mobility problems meant he'd never be able to be dynamic sitting behind the forwards.

if this is true... umm Sahin, how about trying to adapt to the needs of the team?  kind of conceited for a player to say he does not play in a certain position especially when he is still so young and can definitely learn another spot.

I think Downing last year even said he would play defense if that would mean he could play....

It's not only about "learning" to play a new role.  I mean, Coates is young, too, do you think he could "learn" how to be a #10?  of course not.  He's slow, he's a defender, he's not got the dynamic aspect to his game, etc.  Not to mention that Liverpool Football Club is not a place where a starter comes to "learn" how to play a position.  We're not babysitters.

As for him playing anywhere: well, I would hope that if we're going to pay a £3m loan fee, plus £110K a week in wages, we would be expecting to get more than just someone who can be a utility player.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4: Mar 15, 2013 04:50:00 am
      just didn't fit into the 'tiki taka' style did he? i remember watching everything zoom by him in the midfield. i mean obviously he had some amazing first touches, his touch is fantastic, he has an eye for a pass (and shot) but he just had no physicality..
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Mar 15, 2013 07:24:58 am
      He said Brendan wanted him to play a role that wasn't his position, Guess he is just a one trick pony then. Don't think he was attacking Brendan, more likely just making excuses for himself
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Mar 15, 2013 11:19:11 am

........................ ...  who ?
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #7: Mar 15, 2013 11:19:43 am
      Personally I feel a bit sorry for the lad.

There was no plan for him - we just saw the opportunity to sign one of the best players in Europe and beat arsenal to the punch. Exactly where he was supposed to fit in we worried about later.

It was worth the gamble from our point of view but in reality we dicked him about.

........................ ...  who ?

Nuri Sahin - the Bundesliga player of the year we brought here on loan and Brendan Rodgers our manager who came from Swansea
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #8: Mar 15, 2013 01:28:46 pm
      Nuri Sahin - the Bundesliga player of the year we brought here on loan and Brendan Rodgers our manager who came from Swansea

Yeah, but what the F**k did he do at Madrid, oh yeah probably cleaning Xabi La's boots!!

He's been fu**ed off and replaced with a better player, job done.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Mar 15, 2013 02:42:31 pm
      Sahin and Cole out.
      Sturridge and Coutinho in.

Still can't see a problem with that bit of business.

Sahin wasn't going to start ahead of Gerrard and if he couldn't play the more forward role it's only fitting we found long term solutions.
      Henderson has done the job well, so has Coutinho.

No great loss in the grander scheme of things.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10: Mar 15, 2013 03:54:30 pm
      This is like the third thread this is being discussed in...
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #11: Mar 16, 2013 09:40:22 am
      "I did not fail at Liverpool," Sahin told AS. "Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a '10.' But I do not play behind the forwards. I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position.

"The boss could not answer me... still, I do not regret it. To play in the red jersey and at Anfield is something marvellous. Maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy. But I have left Brendan Rodgers, thank God."

You DID fail at Liverpool, and (knowing what BR is like) I don't believe that BR has ever been stuck for an answer.
      He's glad to be back at Dortmund and we're glad to see the back of him. Best of luck Nuri.

This sly dig made me smile...its the naughty step for you. ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: Mar 16, 2013 11:18:50 am
      Discussed to death here:
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43574.msg1443278.html#msg1443278

Going to lock this as it involves something an ex-player has said.

Quick Reply