Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MotM?

Enrique
      (3.2%)
      Carragher
      (0%)
      Johnson
      (0%)
      Gerrard
      (17.9%)
      Coutinho
      (5.8%)
      Suarez
      (46.8%)
      Downing
      (26.3%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In-game & post-match celebration

Read 41077 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham: In-game & post-match celebration
      Reply #644: Mar 11, 2013 03:36:37 pm
      I believe the gaffer has started to instil a tougher mental attitude in the players

Who we got next?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #645: Mar 11, 2013 03:58:47 pm

Loved the fact that we did not play well yet still won.................woul d have been even better if the Mancs lost................
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #646: Mar 11, 2013 04:14:46 pm
      I believe the gaffer has started to instil a tougher mental attitude in the players

Who we got next?

Southampton away mate, 3 o'clock kick off on saturday
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #647: Mar 11, 2013 04:38:14 pm
      For me not a good performance, but excellent attitude shown when going behind and an even better result.

As BR said after the game it's probably a game early in the season that would have gone by the wayside, however now you can see the lads are all pulling in the same direction and what's happening on the training pitch is bearing fruit on match days.

For me the current Tottenham team are the best they've had since I starting watching football in the mid 80's, so it's a credit to BR and the lads for coming through a very tough fixture with 3 points.

Disappointments for me yesterday were Jones looked very shaky and left me fearing the worst every time a shot  came in.

Our defending of corners and free kicks from out wide are causing us numerous problems week in week out and you can see the opposition are targeting our clear weakness.

Glen Johnson's form seems to be a little in and out after an excellent first half of the season, I'm not sure if he's carrying a knock but looked a bit leggy at times throughout the game.

Sturridge had one of those days where everything he tried didn't work for me.

With so many negatives I'm absolutely over the moon we came away with 3 points. Many a times this season (you only have to go back as far as WBA for example) the boots been on the other foot so maybe things do even themselves up over the season!

Southampton next, who are in really in a bad patch of form. There early season promise is starting to fade and I can see a performance and scoreline very much like the one we got at Wigan.

COME ON YOU REDMEN.

Keep believing my fellow Kopite's, CL is still in the distance but we're still in there fighting.

I wonder how Gollum's mood was Sunday night.  :lmao:
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #648: Mar 11, 2013 04:40:05 pm
      Great win. To go behind and come back so well is great for building character in the squad. Very happy chap today and for the rest of the week. Delighted.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #649: Mar 11, 2013 08:49:13 pm
      Make no bones..Tottenham are a good side !..They play some decent stuff and the 3-0 drubbin of Inter on Thursday was no fluke..They have some big lads in the team and are strong and aggressive and knock it about well..I actually like AVB's style of play..

BUT....

We matched em like we knew we could and I thought our aggression went up to another level...
      I had a good feeling about that game like I have for the rest of the season and those MASSIVE 3 points yesterday will have sent a few shock waves around Europe let me tell you...

Oh and by the way......Luis Saurez is a F***in Legend !!!..and he's OURS !!....

Lets go and put 4 or 5 past Southampton now eh boys !!.. :scarf:

jomurph
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #650: Mar 11, 2013 09:11:47 pm
      Fantastic result yesterday. Absolutely chuffed. As most people have said on here it was certainly not our best or prettiest performance but I will take that result anyway. A top 6 team beaten and no matter how we did it we did it!!! Agree with most posts on here, Suarez awesome and worked hard all day. Poor games for Enrique, Sturridge, Lucas and Johnson. I also thought Carra was caught out a few times and although Jones couldn't have done more with the goals he doesn't instil confidence in the team or any supporter. Possession stats say it all really that we didn't have the ball enough but last half hour with the introduction of another midfielder changed it and was definitely the right move and saw us over the line. Well done boys, lets see if we can put a decent run together to the end of the season and see who chokes above us!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #651: Mar 11, 2013 09:56:35 pm
      The very fact that we came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 says it all for me , we've not been able to do that for quiet a while now and the signs are good .
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #652: Mar 11, 2013 10:07:05 pm

That will be some exciting game. It should play to our strengths, not an overly physical team plus their form has been patchy. But they do have talent.

We can hope Ali Dia returns to football and has a shocker in the first half which by half time we will be 4-0 up
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #653: Mar 11, 2013 10:44:17 pm
      Finally got to a PC.

Absoulutely delighted with that win and it's even sweeter being that it wasn't one of our best or most polished performances and we still got the better of an in form side sitting above us. We have played much better in matches this year and got nothing out of it so it's about time the tide turns in our favour.

Suarez was immense ran his sucks off and provided a world class finish.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #654: Mar 11, 2013 11:08:20 pm
      Still don't know how Luis scored that. Had inches to find the net. Beast.
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #655: Mar 12, 2013 01:47:58 am
      What a great game! I suffered with you guys!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #656: Mar 12, 2013 11:22:20 am
      Get the F**k in.

We beat a team above us who haven't lost a game in 12. Put an end to that record for them didn't we.  ;D

For starters what a goal from our man Luis after the brilliant set up play form Coutinho and Enrique. Was fist pumping like a mother f**ker when that went in.

Love that we are instilling some intestinal fortitude into our game, Brendan has to get the credit for that. A couple of months ago after conceding 2 we would have stuck out our lips and probably gone further behind. Not this team, not anymore, we clawed our way back in and got in front at the right end of the match and came away with 3 well deserved points. Onwards and upwards lads, they can't stop the Liverpool juggernaut now!!!

I have to make mention of one thing that pissed me of all match. That was that F***ing Commentator nearly jizzing himself every time that diving, cheat Bale touched or went near the ball. Before he put in that cross that Glen J and Carra failed to clear  :mad:, that Vertongen slipped between the middle of them to score, that c**t was on the touchline after pretending to be injured. I'm not even sure the Ref waived him back into play. Cheat. Then the "brilliant cross" he put in for Vertongen to score again, which Jamie headed straight down to him  :mad: was called another "World Class assist" from Bale. What the F**k is that commentator going on about? 2 F**k ups from our defenders cost us goals but all the praise goes to Bale. Pissed me off no end.

I agree the lad is good but we stopped him scoring, which is what he's done for the last 6 games straight. Nothing from the Commentator about how we stopped that from becoming 7. We've laid down the blueprint of how to stop him scoring now and every other team will no doubt follow our lead. Time to get him out of my fantasy Football Team.  ;)

Come on You Mighty F***ing Reds.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #657: Mar 13, 2013 11:22:45 am
      I was at work, and so missed the game usually go to the pub to watch. A  great fightback to beat S purs 3-2. I feel we must keep the run going now to try and finish as high as possible. Great to see Luis is still scoring from all angles.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #658: Mar 13, 2013 11:29:43 am
      . Before he put in that cross that Glen J and Carra failed to clear  , that Vertongen slipped between the middle of them to score, that c**t was on the touchline after pretending to be injured. I'm not even sure the Ref waived him back into play.
      I mentioned it during the game, and no one responded. If a player has received medical attention, he must go out of the field, and the Ref CANT let him in untill the ball is not in play again. He SHOULDNT have been on the pitch. That rule was set to cut down on the time wasting

Dont think the press mentioned his ghost re appearence, when no one was marking
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #659: Mar 13, 2013 04:01:39 pm
      I mentioned it during the game, and no one responded. If a player has received medical attention, he must go out of the field, and the Ref CANT let him in untill the ball is not in play again. He SHOULDNT have been on the pitch. That rule was set to cut down on the time wasting

Yeah, I also note that in England, referees tend to allow players back to the field way too fast.

In Brazil, in order to prevent any time wasting or fake injuries, referees force players to wait a little before coming back, it's not so immediate. That is supposed to force players not to fake injuries in order to receive treatment, because their teams will have a player less for a while if he does so.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #660: Mar 13, 2013 05:34:32 pm
      Yeah, I also note that in England, referees tend to allow players back to the field way too fast.

In Brazil, in order to prevent any time wasting or fake injuries, referees force players to wait a little before coming back, it's not so immediate. That is supposed to force players not to fake injuries in order to receive treatment, because their teams will have a player less for a while if he does so.
      That's proper order!...let them know that cheating will not be tolerated!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #661: Mar 13, 2013 06:08:02 pm

Well that's a rarity to say the least!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #662: Mar 13, 2013 06:45:22 pm

Same in my country, and exactly what I meant. Bale shouldnt have been on the field
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #663: Mar 13, 2013 08:21:47 pm
      Anyone know where I can download the full game? Thanks :)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #664: Mar 13, 2013 08:44:16 pm
      Same in my country, and exactly what I meant. Bale shouldnt have been on the field

It doesn't really apply here though does it.  In the Premier League and Champion's League the ref always waves the player on at his own discretion, not when the ball next goes out of play.

I'm sure this would have been made more of an issue if we had lost or drawn but I've watched the match a few times now and Bale was waved back on even though the ball was in play on that side of the pitch.

And it doesn't excuse sh*t defending either, but hey, we won. ;D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #665: Mar 13, 2013 10:50:26 pm
      Anyone know where I can download the full game? Thanks :)
      I posted links in the video and audio thread ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #666: Mar 13, 2013 10:55:40 pm
      I posted links in the video and audio thread ;)

Not to be fussy or anything mate but do you know what commentary the video is? Like Sky, LFC TV etc?

Quick Reply