Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Southampton 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 43396 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Southampton 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #736: Mar 20, 2013 02:09:41 am
      You wouldn't have mentioned it at all had we won, that's the funny thing.

If you just want to pick an argument, don't bother. I'm not in the mood.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #737: Mar 20, 2013 11:52:30 am
      We need to improve our away form.
      It's been dire. Look at the form guide and it's clear we have a great home record now.
      On the road though, maybe when teams come at us, it all gets rather grim looking.

W L D D W L

Won 5, Lost 1, at home makes better viewing.
      Need to get a plan sorted for the away games.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #738: Mar 20, 2013 01:02:06 pm
      We need to improve our away form.
      It's been dire. Look at the form guide and it's clear we have a great home record now.
      On the road though, maybe when teams come at us, it all gets rather grim looking.

W L D D W L

Won 5, Lost 1, at home makes better viewing.
      Need to get a plan sorted for the away games.

It's ironic, because last year was like the exact opposite. If a team needed points last year, they'd go into Anfield and get a minimum of 1. Wasn't just the top teams either.

If we could take last year's away form and combined it with this year's home form, we'd be in a great place.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #739: Mar 20, 2013 06:58:43 pm
      Saw the game here in Dubai and to be honest it was f**king embarrassing the way we were undone by a few 1 - 2's and the way the last goal was wrapped up and gift wrapped was f**king laughable.      B. 
      The biggest wind up was there were about ten lads f**king delirious with SOuthampton winning - only blueshite weren't they.
      Was I made up when the whistle went and the beach bar beckoned and we obliged.

Where did you watch it? I couldn't find the game anywhere in Dubai I looked. :(

Would appreciate the heads up so i dont miss the next 3pm match.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #740: Mar 20, 2013 07:47:55 pm
      Would like to see us play the 4-3-3 in away games for the rest of the season. We need to frustrate teams by retaining possession and agitating their home support. There's no point trying to play a passing game with two midfielders, the home team will just press and force mistakes from us like the Saints did.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #741: Mar 21, 2013 10:35:15 am
      After 3 wins on the trot in the Premier League, seemed to have lost our way at Southampton. I felt annoyed at the result when I came home from work, just as I thought that we were putting a decent run of results together.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #742: Mar 21, 2013 01:11:38 pm
      Said it before and Ill repeat it when another team has a big physical CF we sh*t ourselves and cant handle it.

Kenwyne Jones who is F***ing sh*te battered us. Oldham the same. West Brom with Lukaku. Villa with Benteke.

Until we get a no nonsense nasty piece of work at the back we will continue to get bullied.

Villa next game so cue Benteke terrorising us like he did in the first game and us losing gallantly despite having lots of possession.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #743: Mar 22, 2013 10:13:38 am
      Where did you watch it? I couldn't find the game anywhere in Dubai I looked. :(

Would appreciate the heads up so i dont miss the next 3pm match.

Saw the game in Barasti beach bar mate, the place does get chocker but they got a number of screens.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #744: Mar 22, 2013 10:39:34 am
      Said it before and Ill repeat it when another team has a big physical CF we sh*t ourselves and cant handle it.

Kenwyne Jones who is f**king sh*te battered us. Oldham the same. West Brom with Lukaku. Villa with Benteke.

Until we get a no nonsense nasty piece of work at the back we will continue to get bullied.

Villa next game so cue Benteke terrorising us like he did in the first game and us losing gallantly despite having lots of possession.

Andy Carroll   reinvented ... or Big Ron  Yeats reincarnated.
      Simples.

Quick Reply