Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Anyone run a business?

Read 1285 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Anyone run a business?
      Mar 16, 2013 02:54:55 pm
      Just wanna see if any of you guys run your own businesses if so what is it? And no i'm not looking for a job.

Im just starting my own mobile business and would like to network with other business owners.

Thanks
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Anyone run a business?
      Reply #1: Mar 17, 2013 05:15:31 pm
      I do matey.

Just took a bit of a knock with somebody going into administration on us.

We're a training provider to the Glass Industry.

My mobile is the only one that belongs to the business and I pay about £70 a month including the Orange Care insurance. Think I can upgrade in July. Would rather hold out until October (I think that's when contract ends) and change to o2 but the chance to upgrade might supersede everything else as this Blackerry 9900 is the worst phone I have ever had and I cannot wait to get rid!

Go on, tell me something I'd like to hear like my contract can end tomorrow.......
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2013 05:42:12 pm
      If you want to network with other business owners, then the best thing you can do is join a golf club, the buffs, masons or any other social club frequented by business people.

It's a pain in the arse, and the results take time but it gives an invaluable foundation, and once you are known, you'll find that there is always someone who knows someone who can help when you need it. Yes, you have to throw a few favours out, but you get them back in kind and in my experience the goodwill is essential.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2013 06:19:15 pm
      Go down to your local pub and have a few pints more often and you'll get loads of work . ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Mar 19, 2013 07:19:32 am
      Go down to your local pub and have a few pints more often and you'll get loads of work . ;D
      And more often than not you will get pissed. ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Mar 19, 2013 09:10:43 am
      Ive found in the Motor trade facebook has become a good place to grow your business.

By that I mean in terms of both buying and selling used cars.

Say you have 6000 friends on your page, 100 of those friends are car sales pages who also have 6000 friends each, up load 2 photo's of the car you are selling with a description and tag those other 100 pages and your advert is far reaching.

Ive sold loads and bought loads of cars from facebook now.

9 times out of ten if I put a car for sale on facebook its  gone within a matter of days.

Saving a fortune on advertising costs and there is no better advertisement than word of mouth and in the modern day of the internet and facebook, word of mouth spreads pretty rapidly.

Quick Reply