Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.

Read 113704 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.
      Reply #322: Dec 05, 2015 10:58:39 pm
      Over elaborate goal celebrations.

Must have taken Joel Campbell ages to get that dummy out of his shorts to finish that celebration.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #323: Dec 08, 2015 09:19:35 pm
      The ridiculous gloves that goalkeepers wear ... and why do they feel the need to spit on them at free kicks and penalties?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #324: Dec 08, 2015 10:50:12 pm
      and why do they feel the need to spit on them at free kicks and penalties?

Supposed to give them more grip.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #325: Dec 19, 2015 10:25:43 pm
      Sunstitutions by a leading team with only seconds to go. Simple solution, if you are leading the game and it gets inside, say "the red zone" (10 minutes to go) and you make a substitution, 5 minutes are AUTOMATICALLY added onto the time. This is regardless of how long the fella takes to walk off, ALL of that time should be added on anyway without exception.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #326: Dec 19, 2015 10:31:04 pm
      Simple solution, if you are leading the game and it gets inside, say "the red zone" (10 minutes to go) and you make a substitution, 5 minutes are AUTOMATICALLY added onto the time.

Well that's ridiculous. A goal can happen in a matter of seconds. Look at Everton vs Bournemouth when they got goals in the 95th and 96th minutes. We got a goal in like the 94th last week to rescue a draw. So the last 10 mins or whatever, there is still a lot that can happen.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #327: Dec 21, 2015 11:19:05 pm
      Well that's ridiculous. A goal can happen in a matter of seconds. Look at Everton vs Bournemouth when they got goals in the 95th and 96th minutes. We got a goal in like the 94th last week to rescue a draw. So the last 10 mins or whatever, there is still a lot that can happen.

I totally get that you're trying to engage me in some kind of argument, any kind of argument. I "get it" as on seemingly every thread I post on at the moment you get the old size twelves on and wade in with a provocative comment, followed by the string of a disagreement which you're no doubt keen to get your teeth into.

I'm absolutely not averse to biting. Although I've no idea what I've done, what I've said or where I've said it or what exactly's got under your skin I'm happy to follow the bait trail and get involved. The problem I'm having at the moment is that your wade in comments and arguments are so out of left field I'm wondering if you've actually understood what it is your arguing about. You clearly didn't have a clue with your "prepared to lose" outburst earlier, and I'm not sure you have any notion whatsoever what you're getting involved in here either.

Just to be clear, I know it only takes a second to score a goal (it's actually an Brian Clough quote, perhaps you know that I've no idea how old you are). Anyway I digress, I know it only takes a second to score a goal. So therefore I know "there's a lot that can still happen". I know.

The point is however not how long it takes to score a goal or whether or not "a lot can still happen", (see I'd love to argue but you're actually on about a completely different thing, and bizarrely I agree with you). The point behind my "idea" is that if you added time on automatically should the leading team make a substitution, they would be dissuaded from doing it in the first place. Now, if you wish to make an argument you could go with "I don't think leading teams would be dissuaded", or "it would be difficult to administer" or "ten minutes is too long", or something of that nature. Then we could have a discussion/argument about it, which is what you seem to want. But to come out with something random and completely unconnected like teams score goals in the 94th or 95th minute, or to point out that "there is still a lot that can happen" doesn't leave us much to go on.

Be patient. I talk plenty of sh!t as you've no doubt noticed, we can argue about something else where we're both on about the same thing, it'll at least have a point.   
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #328: Dec 22, 2015 08:03:05 am
      Martin Tyler.....he's a c**t simple as...thinks he's the all knowing oracle when all he really knows is the players names.

Clueless SKY gimp.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #329: Dec 22, 2015 08:17:18 pm
      I totally get that you're trying to engage me in some kind of argument, any kind of argument. I "get it" as on seemingly every thread I post on at the moment you get the old size twelves on and wade in with a provocative comment, followed by the string of a disagreement which you're no doubt keen to get your teeth into.

I'm absolutely not averse to biting. Although I've no idea what I've done, what I've said or where I've said it or what exactly's got under your skin I'm happy to follow the bait trail and get involved. The problem I'm having at the moment is that your wade in comments and arguments are so out of left field I'm wondering if you've actually understood what it is your arguing about. You clearly didn't have a clue with your "prepared to lose" outburst earlier, and I'm not sure you have any notion whatsoever what you're getting involved in here either.

Just to be clear, I know it only takes a second to score a goal (it's actually an Brian Clough quote, perhaps you know that I've no idea how old you are). Anyway I digress, I know it only takes a second to score a goal. So therefore I know "there's a lot that can still happen". I know.

The point is however not how long it takes to score a goal or whether or not "a lot can still happen", (see I'd love to argue but you're actually on about a completely different thing, and bizarrely I agree with you). The point behind my "idea" is that if you added time on automatically should the leading team make a substitution, they would be dissuaded from doing it in the first place. Now, if you wish to make an argument you could go with "I don't think leading teams would be dissuaded", or "it would be difficult to administer" or "ten minutes is too long", or something of that nature. Then we could have a discussion/argument about it, which is what you seem to want. But to come out with something random and completely unconnected like teams score goals in the 94th or 95th minute, or to point out that "there is still a lot that can happen" doesn't leave us much to go on.

Be patient. I talk plenty of sh!t as you've no doubt noticed, we can argue about something else where we're both on about the same thing, it'll at least have a point.   

I'm not trying to engage you in anything so you can stop being paranoid and sensitive because I don't look to get people biting, and I know exactly what you were getting at in the other thread but it was still daft so maybe if you stop posting daft things like dropping the entire team for whatever reason, adding on 10mins for a late substitution etc you won't get daft replies.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #330: Dec 22, 2015 09:31:09 pm
      I'm not trying to engage you in anything so you can stop being paranoid and sensitive because I don't look to get people biting, and I know exactly what you were getting at in the other thread but it was still daft so maybe if you stop posting daft things like dropping the entire team for whatever reason, adding on 10mins for a late substitution etc you won't get daft replies.

No I've been on forums long enough to know you get daft replies choose whatever you post!

Anyways happy crimbo, no point arguing about stuff now the dust has all settled on the Watford debacle. Roll on Leicester.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #331: Dec 22, 2015 09:53:34 pm
      Sunstitutions by a leading team with only seconds to go. Simple solution, if you are leading the game and it gets inside, say "the red zone" (10 minutes to go) and you make a substitution, 5 minutes are AUTOMATICALLY added onto the time. This is regardless of how long the fella takes to walk off, ALL of that time should be added on anyway without exception.

I think a stop clock would be a simpler solution mate. Same goes for goal kicks, free kicks, injuries etc. People pay to see football, not someone rolling on the floor before slowly hobbling to the touchline or spending 2 minutes deciding on who is going to take the free kick or throw in.

I know the ref is supposed to add time on for time wasting and injuries, but I think they have enough on with the game and it would be better to just have a stop clock throughout the game. Problem might be that games could last a couple of hours :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #332: Jan 12, 2016 01:04:50 am
      Didn't know where to put this but a picture paints and all that....

The more you look, the more you see.

Has Neymar's just stepped out of Edwardian Britain. Looks a bit of a plonker with that hat.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #333: Jan 12, 2016 01:18:07 am
      Didn't know where to put this but a picture paints and all that....

The more you look, the more you see.

That's a GREAT picture. Story writes itself.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #334: Apr 16, 2016 02:36:24 pm
      Seeing a player take about 5 minutes to put his boots on.  Put his shin pads on.  Put his kit on. All while the freaking physio  is on the sidelines already wearing gloves.

« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2016 02:50:36 pm by JC16 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #335: Jun 12, 2016 09:16:16 pm
      Footballers standing over a free kick and covering their mouths with their hands while they discuss what to do.

As if they're trying to protect state secrets or something.

Ridiculous.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #336: Jun 13, 2016 05:39:26 am
      When a player who has been awful for months scores a goal and everyone says "ahhhh he shut everyone up/proved his doubters wrong."

no he didn't.  Scoring/assisting one goal etc doesn't cancel out months of being rubbish.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #337: Sep 08, 2016 04:16:24 pm
      The counting off 10 yards and referee`s dont seem to be a good combination, 

Answer "  Nobody Moves "

1.Put ball down
      2 Get 10 yard laser from pocket
      3 Mark with foam line

Defenders looking at the opponent and blocking the run not even looking at the ball does my head in to
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #338: Sep 08, 2016 10:25:36 pm
      Mancs
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #339: Sep 15, 2016 03:35:02 pm
      Blonde hair dye.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #340: Sep 15, 2016 10:38:10 pm
      Jamie Vardy and all this "chat sh*t get banged". He looks like he'd struggle to fight his way out a paper bag!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #341: Sep 16, 2016 03:14:19 am
      Jamie Vardy and all this "chat sh*t get banged". He looks like he'd struggle to fight his way out a paper bag!

I hate the cult that surrounds Vardy, with arseholes who get their football knowledge from The Lad Bible thinking he's a 'total lad'.

I personally think the guy is a c*nt of the highest order. And another thing, The Jamie Vardy Movie? Can't quite believe they are making a movie of such a person - his achievements are outstanding and that is not to be sniffed at. But we've seen the real drama on the field - why the hell would we want to see a dramatised version of it? To see his background and personality? Judging by his off field demeanour and racism fiasco, why would we want to watch that?

What would be the highlight of The Jamie Vardy Movie anyway (considering we've already seen the most interesting parts of it in real life)? I'm struggling to think how they'd make it interesting - will they make it melodramatic and over the top? A wide eyed wonderment and epiphany he receives when he types the immortal phrase 'Chat sh*t get banged' onto Twitter - all played out with a sweeping John Williams score.

Most likely, the Jamie Vardy Movie will be aimed at bell pieces who watch Danny Dyer movies and will end up in the bargain bins at Asda.
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 04:17:26 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #342: Sep 24, 2016 09:30:23 pm
      Little things in football that annoy me?

People saying 'Unbelievable Jeff'.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #343: Oct 09, 2016 02:21:52 pm
      Ryan Giggs

even as a lifelong reds fan, his on field talent cannot be denied

but the last few years has erode what little respect i had for the guy.  the latest thing with swansea is just bad

1) if he wasnt offered the job.  just be shush and persue other opportunities. head down work hard to build his cv

2) if he truly did trun them down.  lets not go allmighty and go public that swansea didnt match his ambition. thats a supery cocky statement.  the position that swansea is in is arguably the majority of soccer clubs in the world. need to balance finance, large teams can poach players. transfer budgets are not huge. etc etc. the elite clubs are just that. pretty small in number. imo if i was the owner of a club like swansea, Giggs definitely is now off my list

the self entitlement this guy is showing is off the charts, you havent proved anything as a manager. take a fee steps back, roll up your sleeves and get working

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #344: Oct 09, 2016 02:46:15 pm
      Ryan Giggs

even as a lifelong reds fan, his on field talent cannot be denied

but the last few years has erode what little respect i had for the guy.  the latest thing with swansea is just bad

1) if he wasnt offered the job.  just be shush and persue other opportunities. head down work hard to build his cv

2) if he truly did trun them down.  lets not go allmighty and go public that swansea didnt match his ambition. thats a supery cocky statement.  the position that swansea is in is arguably the majority of soccer clubs in the world. need to balance finance, large teams can poach players. transfer budgets are not huge. etc etc. the elite clubs are just that. pretty small in number. imo if i was the owner of a club like swansea, Giggs definitely is now off my list

the self entitlement this guy is showing is off the charts, you havent proved anything as a manager. take a fee steps back, roll up your sleeves and get working

Agree completely. Keep seeing people say he should have been given the job, or even more ludicrously the United job.

The guy has done absolutely nothing to prove himself, why should he expect to walk into any job in the premier league.

gobs***e!

Quick Reply