Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.

Read 113640 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.
      Reply #598: Dec 15, 2021 01:27:12 pm
      feigning injury.Last night a Norwich player claimed a head injury and the game stopped but it was clear that the ball hit his hand not his face not his head at all.

Saw that, absolute disgrace. Cheating in football is getting worse. Need to start dishing out Red cards for the obvious ones that would stop it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #599: Jan 16, 2022 11:12:37 am
      The phrase 'doing bits'.

Does my head in for some reason
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #600: Jan 16, 2022 11:59:30 am
      The FA.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #601: Jan 16, 2022 07:29:50 pm

That’s not a little thing…..it’s a colossal huge blood sucking leach
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #602: Jan 16, 2022 07:30:28 pm
      Money
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #603: Jan 16, 2022 08:38:38 pm

This I agree with…I was born in the 90’s, I remember thinking for years that the amount paid for Zidane was mad (45mill I think) and that record stood for years. But he was so illustrious and almost this mythical figure (bearing in mind that football wasn’t plastered on every station at that point so you couldn’t watch him constantly) that it made sense that he was the most expensive player of all time.

And you had the likes of Shevchenko going for 30mill which was huge. Our record transfer was 14mill for Cisse I think and when we signed Torres that was beaten and I thought that figure was mad!

But enough nostalgia, my point is that now…the figures are just meaningless. No amount surprises me. The shock factor is gone and you see average players going for crazy amounts.

Real Madrid always had their galatico policy and were glamorous but the summer they signed Kaka and a few days after they signed Ronaldo they set the sport onto a very slippery slope. Completely fu**ed the market and it has been ever since.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #604: Jan 16, 2022 08:47:24 pm
      That’s not a little thing…..it’s a colossal huge blood sucking leach

full of little people
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #605: Jan 16, 2022 08:48:51 pm
      This I agree with…I was born in the 90’s, I remember thinking for years that the amount paid for Zidane was mad (45mill I think) and that record stood for years. But he was so illustrious and almost this mythical figure (bearing in mind that football wasn’t plastered on every station at that point so you couldn’t watch him constantly) that it made sense that he was the most expensive player of all time.

And you had the likes of Shevchenko going for 30mill which was huge. Our record transfer was 14mill for Cisse I think and when we signed Torres that was beaten and I thought that figure was mad!

But enough nostalgia, my point is that now…the figures are just meaningless. No amount surprises me. The shock factor is gone and you see average players going for crazy amounts.

Real Madrid always had their galatico policy and were glamorous but the summer they signed Kaka and a few days after they signed Ronaldo they set the sport onto a very slippery slope. Completely fu**ed the market and it has been ever since.

Great post

Would add that the billions added by the Oil states have close to make the sport gone for me
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #606: Jan 16, 2022 08:50:02 pm

the King of Spains play thing subsidised by Government etc. We always tried to fo the right thing and still won 18 league titles and 5 CL doing it the right way we dont need any lessons
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #607: Jan 16, 2022 09:10:45 pm
      the King of Spains play thing subsidised by Government etc. We always tried to fo the right thing and still won 18 league titles and 5 CL doing it the right way we dont need any lessons

I don’t want us taking lessons off the likes of Real Madrid. I hate how they operate these days of basically just wanting to spend the most money to make a statement.

But the flip side of it is that is the way football has gone and I don’t see how we can compete without basically going the same way. I don’t want to get into a debate about the owners too much but the way they operate sits well with me I.e operate within your means, build something sustainable, actually work with what you have to achieve something. It has so much
      more merit that way.

But I also want to see us dominate, not just occasionally win a league but win the league every other year. European cups. FA cups. And we should be doing that with Klopp at the helm and the squad we have, but it’s been completely distorted by the money we are up against.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #608: Jan 16, 2022 09:32:58 pm
      I don’t want us taking lessons off the likes of Real Madrid. I hate how they operate these days of basically just wanting to spend the most money to make a statement.

But the flip side of it is that is the way football has gone and I don’t see how we can compete without basically going the same way. I don’t want to get into a debate about the owners too much but the way they operate sits well with me I.e operate within your means, build something sustainable, actually work with what you have to achieve something. It has so much
      more merit that way.

But I also want to see us dominate, not just occasionally win a league but win the league every other year. European cups. FA cups. And we should be doing that with Klopp at the helm and the squad we have, but it’s been completely distorted by the money we are up against.

That’s the dilemma in modern football

Because it’s been distorted so much by money it’s hard for clubs to act normally- even for clubs that are fighting to stay in the Prem or get promoted- they spend so much money that when it goes wrong it cripples the club

So many great clubs are screwed because they tried to keep up - overpaying for sub standard players because the market dictates it

I hate the fact there is more talk about transfers and the demand to spend money over anything else in the sport - it’s ugly and it’s driven from wanting to match the current riches
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #609: Jan 16, 2022 09:46:58 pm

That’s the dilemma in modern football

Because it’s been distorted so much by money it’s hard for clubs to act normally- even for clubs that are fighting to stay in the Prem or get promoted- they spend so much money that when it goes wrong it cripples the club

So many great clubs are screwed because they tried to keep up - overpaying for sub standard players because the market dictates it

I hate the fact there is more talk about transfers and the demand to spend money over anything else in the sport - it’s ugly and it’s driven from wanting to match the current riches

I absolutely agree. The thing for me is, if we acted like the oil clubs I think that would be me done with football.

The problem if you just buy everyone and pay the most in wages, every achievement is tainted. What’s success without work, it would feel hollow and worthless.

I’d rather see us fight and win every now and again, as I’ve always known us to do that rather than blow everyone out the water with salary etc. unfortunately I think the way football has gone is that even the occasional success is more and more out of reach.

But at the end of the day, I’ll never stop following Liverpool so all you can do is back us and hope football somehow gets away from what it’s become.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #610: Jan 16, 2022 10:17:12 pm
      I absolutely agree. The thing for me is, if we acted like the oil clubs I think that would be me done with football.

The problem if you just buy everyone and pay the most in wages, every achievement is tainted. What’s success without work, it would feel hollow and worthless.

I’d rather see us fight and win every now and again, as I’ve always known us to do that rather than blow everyone out the water with salary etc. unfortunately I think the way football has gone is that even the occasional success is more and more out of reach.

But at the end of the day, I’ll never stop following Liverpool so all you can do is back us and hope football somehow gets away from what it’s become.

I hear what you are saying and agree but, I don't think the majority of "fans" at clubs like Citeh and the Chavs give a damn they just want to win at any cost. Also the record books will not have a asterisk beside what they win saying it was bought.
      And that fella is football of today unfortunately.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #611: Jan 18, 2022 08:27:01 pm
      The F.A.  Funny how they can move the Chelsea game against Brighton to tonight as Chelsea are playing in the world club championship. Shame the fuckers couldn’t show the same consideration to us a couple of years ago
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #612: Jan 23, 2022 10:12:42 pm
      People on Twitter with guitars singing acoustic versions of our players songs.

When did that become a thing?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #613: Jan 24, 2022 01:31:07 am

Jamie Webster isn't it?

Him and one or two others doing the pubs round Anfield. It's really taken off with Webster actually doing some of his own stuff. So loads just try copying.
      marcsymo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #614: Jan 25, 2022 02:50:01 pm
      I don't like commentators who talk about themselves. I don’t understand who is interested in what kind of relationship you have in the family or what your mother thinks. ;D. Just Annoy
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #615: Jan 25, 2022 07:38:21 pm

With some, it's the odd presence of sincerity/'I'm being serious here' performances that get me.

They're singing a 20 second ditty that was made up on a whim, it's not f**king Yesterday.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #616: Jan 25, 2022 09:48:26 pm
      With some, it's the odd presence of sincerity/'I'm being serious here' performances that get me.

They're singing a 20 second ditty that was made up on a whim, it's not f**king Yesterday.

That's it :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #617: Jan 25, 2022 10:53:43 pm
      Watching the bundesliga and seeing the endless  stats on screen  xg, goal probability etc. The only stat that matters is the score.
      marcsymo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #618: Jan 26, 2022 04:05:24 pm
      Of course Messi! No doubt about that! Now Ronaldo is physically better body wise and worked hard to get his talent there but Messi naturally is better. Messi has a talent Ronaldo doesn't have
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #619: Feb 08, 2022 10:22:26 pm
      Didn't really know where else to put this, but cu*ts such as Kurt Zouma really annoy me...

Just saw a video of him literally kicking his cat, and slapping it. Hard. This wasn't playful in any way, shape or form. All the while, his brother is laughing and his comments seem to indicate it's a common occurrence.

I refuse to share the video, because it's got a F***ing S*n watermark... Feel free to look for it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #620: Feb 08, 2022 10:29:31 pm
      Didn't really know where else to put this, but cu*ts such as Kurt Zouma really annoy me...

Just saw a video of him literally kicking his cat, and slapping it. Hard. This wasn't playful in any way, shape or form. All the while, his brother is laughing and his comments seem to indicate it's a common occurrence.

I refuse to share the video, because it's got a f**king S*n watermark... Feel free to look for it.

Indeed. I hope he gets all what's coming to him. The way you treat animals and pets tells you all you need to know about what kind of human being you are.

Seeing as we're on this thread, I hate tweets like this.

https://twitter.com/MrFilipeOrlando/status/1490820600608264197?s=20&t=tsseoY48tNiwsOeBV_tZDA

No f**king way?! Thank f**k you said that Mr Orlando! Here was me in a right quandary, trying to figure out what was worse - a naff instagram post or physical abuse of human beings and animals. Thank f**k you sorted that one out for me Filipe and the 7k who similarly gave your post the thumbs up - I can sleep easy at night now

...you f**king waste of oxygen.

Quick Reply