Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.

Read 113661 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.
      Reply #644: Feb 12, 2022 04:01:28 pm
      Also if you took the time to read my first post properly I said the MEDIA COVERAGE not the actual sport. I'm sick of them constantly showing womens football as if it's a top billing sport when it isn't.

And you don't seem to have read my first answer, in which I explained WHY they do it.

Anyway, let's not spend the day arguing about this. We obviously won't change each other's minds.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #645: Feb 12, 2022 06:56:49 pm
      Electronic hoardings and our one with the FN dog is one of the worst.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #646: Feb 12, 2022 07:30:02 pm
      Harry Redknapp managed a group of 50 year old retired players and they beat Crystal Palace Ladies who finished 3rd in their Prem that year.

Enough said.

The fact you're using Harry Fackin Redknapp as a barometer of anything makes you look a bigger c**t than you're already showing!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #647: Feb 12, 2022 07:32:25 pm
      Womens tennis gets numbers. Womens football doesn't. Dress it up however you want.

You asked me how I knew the worst League Two team would beat the best womens team not if it's my sole reason for not watching them. I see what you tried to do there.

The media coverage doesn't match the fan coverage and that's facts.

Also if you took the time to read my first post properly I said the MEDIA COVERAGE not the actual sport. I'm sick of them constantly showing womens football as if it's a top billing sport when it isn't.

Why are you so F***ing arsed?

Simple answer, don't watch it, stop bitching about it!!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #648: Feb 12, 2022 07:33:12 pm
      Probably been mentioned but time wasting . And on that point I expect to see a lot of it tomorrow whilst scores level
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #649: Feb 12, 2022 07:55:41 pm
      So it's got nothing to do with the fact that their best team isn't as good as the worst team in League Two?

Of course, it's people like me. It's all starting to make sense now.

Why are you comparing mens football to womens football ?

It’s not a fair or relevant comparison

Should they stop any female sport where they aren’t as good as the men ?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #650: Feb 12, 2022 08:59:42 pm
      Why are you comparing mens football to womens football ?

It’s not a fair or relevant comparison

Should they stop any female sport where they aren’t as good as the men ?

You muppet I see you're wanting an argument.

I said their football doesn't deserve THE MEDIA COVERAGE they receive.

Get back in your fsg castle you plonker.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #651: Feb 12, 2022 09:19:53 pm
      You muppet I see you're wanting an argument.

I said their football doesn't deserve THE MEDIA COVERAGE they receive.

Get back in your fsg castle you plonker.

Why doesn’t it deserve the media coverage ?

It’s the highest level of Womens Football in the UK - and the exposure will help grow the game

Why are you on a forum when you’re incapable of having any level of mature adult debate with anyone
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #652: Feb 12, 2022 09:28:50 pm

Why are you on a forum when you’re incapable of having any level of mature adult debate with anyone

No it's just with you. I don't like you. That's the long and short of it. Go kick your ball at someone else's door.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #653: Feb 12, 2022 09:33:51 pm
      Womens tennis gets numbers. Womens football doesn't. Dress it up however you want.

You asked me how I knew the worst League Two team would beat the best womens team not if it's my sole reason for not watching them. I see what you tried to do there.

The media coverage doesn't match the fan coverage and that's facts.

Did you not get a remote control with your TV ?  If yes just  turn the channel over fella easy.  :f_steam:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #654: Feb 12, 2022 09:50:16 pm
      Did you not get a remote control with your TV ?  If yes just  turn the channel over fella easy.  :f_steam:

Reckon he prob needs to get laid as well - release all that tension
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #655: Feb 12, 2022 10:08:09 pm
      Reckon he prob needs to get laid as well - release all that tension

Bring your sister
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #656: Feb 12, 2022 11:01:50 pm
      This rule I only learnt about today… if a team scores a direct free kick into their OWN goal, a corner is awarded to the other team, not a goal…

Never gonna happen but the rule wracks my brain.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #657: Feb 13, 2022 04:38:25 am

The same can be said about all the other things that annoy us in football. Don't like the commentary? Put it on mute. Don't like the refereeing? Switch the game off. Players diving? Don't watch a game that involves that team. You've got a remote right? Use it.

This thread's about things that annoy US not YOU. That means what annoys me may not annoy you.

You're free to disagree with me. I hope you enjoyed the womens top of the table clash between Arsenal and Chelsea the other day. Was a title chasing crunch match in front of an epic 3,300 crowd. You get more of a crowd at a new Ikea store opening. The next day that game was plastered all over sky sports and on 408 as if it was some kind of major event that fans are in demand to know about.

It's the medias way of trying to push equality in football. It's not going to happen. Women lack the physical ability to give us the level of football we need. Like I said, their best team won't beat our worst League Two team. This is nothing against women. This is against womens football. It's tosh and that's end of for me.

There's plenty of other sports that women partake in which I enjoy but this isn't one of them. It can't just be me if they can only get 3,300 to a title crunch affair. I've seen a bigger crowd at a bus stop.

Anyway each to their own.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #658: Feb 13, 2022 08:01:40 am
      The same can be said about all the other things that annoy us in football.

Not really, a small aspect within a game or the whole concept of womens football

You talk about the amount of advertising and how it’s pushed on you.. it gets probably 1% stars f the advertising of the mens game

Genuinely don’t see why you have an issue with it, no one makes you watch it
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #659: Feb 13, 2022 06:22:05 pm

Not really, a small aspect within a game or the whole concept of womens football

You talk about the amount of advertising and how it’s pushed on you.. it gets probably 1% stars f the advertising of the mens game

Genuinely don’t see why you have an issue with it, no one makes you watch it

My post above is sufficient. If you can't work it out then that's your problem.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #660: Feb 13, 2022 08:29:04 pm
      The same can be said about all the other things that annoy us in football. Don't like the commentary? Put it on mute. Don't like the refereeing? Switch the game off. Players diving? Don't watch a game that involves that team. You've got a remote right? Use it.

This thread's about things that annoy US not YOU. That means what annoys me may not annoy you.

You're free to disagree with me. I hope you enjoyed the womens top of the table clash between Arsenal and Chelsea the other day. Was a title chasing crunch match in front of an epic 3,300 crowd. You get more of a crowd at a new Ikea store opening. The next day that game was plastered all over sky sports and on 408 as if it was some kind of major event that fans are in demand to know about.

It's the medias way of trying to push equality in football. It's not going to happen. Women lack the physical ability to give us the level of football we need. Like I said, their best team won't beat our worst League Two team. This is nothing against women. This is against womens football. It's tosh and that's end of for me.

There's plenty of other sports that women partake in which I enjoy but this isn't one of them. It can't just be me if they can only get 3,300 to a title crunch affair. I've seen a bigger crowd at a bus stop.

Anyway each to their own.

I did not say I watched it did I, all I said was you can turn the channel over and not watch it. If I do not like something that is on the tv then I choose not to watch it, simples really.
      And for your information I do not watch the Women's games as I also find them boring.
      Ok, so you can cut the sarky comments out.

I don't know where you live but if you have seen more people at a bus stop (3300) then your bus service must be sh*te.  ;D
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #661: Feb 13, 2022 08:37:56 pm

I did not say I watched it did I, all I said was you can turn the channel over and not watch it. If I do not like something that is on the tv then I choose not to watch it, simples really.
      And for your information I do not watch the Women's games as I also find them boring.
      Ok, so you can cut the sarky comments out.

I don't know where you live but if you have seen more people at a bus stop (3300) then your bus service must be sh*te.  ;D

;D currently living in Cairo. Explains the bus stop situation 😂
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #662: Feb 13, 2022 08:48:26 pm
      ;D currently living in Cairo. Explains the bus stop situation 😂

When did you move to Cairo bud?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #663: Feb 13, 2022 08:53:05 pm

October last year
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #664: Feb 13, 2022 08:53:45 pm

Oh right… funny I thought you said in January when asked if you lived there you said you were travelling 🤷‍♂️
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #665: Feb 13, 2022 08:59:25 pm
      Oh right… funny I thought you said in January when asked if you lived there you said you were travelling 🤷‍♂️

My visa is a tourist visa since you're so bothered hence I am travelling. I'm not a resident clever clogs. They may choose to not extend the tourist visa "bud" so I'm at the whim of the Egyptian government. I'll be here as long as they let me which could be at the end of my six month visa or after three years. Is that alright with you or would you, unlike your new found chum, like a little wager?
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #666: Feb 13, 2022 09:05:16 pm
      My visa is a tourist visa since you're so bothered hence I am travelling. I'm not a resident clever clogs. They may choose to not extend the tourist visa "bud" so I'm at the whim of the Egyptian government. I'll be here as long as they let me which could be at the end of my six month visa or after three years. Is that alright with you or would you, unlike your new found chum, like a little wager?

Touchy?

I was only asking 😀

Quick Reply