Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wolfy's Previews and Predictions for this weekend's games

Read 6135 times
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Wolfy's Previews and Predictions for this weekend's games
      Mar 28, 2013 08:51:37 pm
      Match: Arsenal v Reading

Date: 30th March 2013

Time: 15:00

Competition: Premier League

Form: Arsenal - WLWWW    Reading - LLLLL

Last Meeting: Reading 2-5 Arsenal

I think the only way to start off is to welcome Nigel Adkins to Reading. He will have a huge task on his hands trying to save them this season but he is probably one of the best choices the owner could have got, with Gus Poyet turning down the job. His record at Southampton was as good as any after 2 seasons in lower divisions, then the transition to the premier league where the club were in 15th place. This might be a step too far however, but I can't wait to see what he can get out of this squad. They've lost the last 5 premier league games and a trip to the Emirates is difficult for any side in Europe, especially for a side who has lost 12 times in the league away from home. Meanwhile, over at the Emirates, it was looking like Wenger was all but gone at the end of the season, but the almost-moment in Munich and the win at Swansea, mixed with Tottenham's dip in form has once again instilled belief in the club by Arsenal supporters. To be fair to Wenger, he has always got results when the situation looks bleak. This is no different, they are still my favourites for fourth place. Most Arsenal fans would have been expecting top 4 at the start of the season while it was probably a minimum from the club's board. Both managers have a lot to play for, but who will be happier at the end of the season?

The stats certainly are not on Reading's side here. Away from home this season, they have one win, away to Newcastle, two draws and of course, 12 defeats. Arsenal have an acceptable 8 home wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats at the Emirates this season. They've crashed in 35 goals, averaging 2.5 goals per game but Reading have scored just 12 away goals this season, giving them an average of 0.8 goals a game on their travels. But again, those stats are from a previous manager's reign, but it is still the same squad so it's hard to see how much should be read into them. They might take some heart from the fact Arsenal have only 4 home clean sheets all season, this means there should be chances to score goals for the attacking players. Adkins must get his tactics spot on here, which Brian McDermott failed to do too often. They really need to tighten up in midfield and have two attacking threats out wide who can get forward and defend. Start off with a 4-5-1 but make sure the right players are in the right positions. For Arsenal, they have a couple of options but they should just go all out attack on Reading, but play with a holding player in case Reading are lively at the start and catch them on the break. Reading are usually at their best in the last 15 mins, so it would be a good idea to make sure Arsenal have a strong bench, meaning they can bring on fresh players at the end.

Should be a comfortable home win, but Reading will be livened by the manager's arrival but it won't be enough. 3-1 to Arsenal.

Match: Sunderland v Manchester United

Date: 30th March 2013

Time: 12:45

Competition: Premier League

Form: Sunderland - DLDLL    Man Utd - WWWWW

Last Meeting: Man Utd 3-1 Sunderland

So we have the champions elect (pains me to say) against a side who are slipping further into relegation. Sunderland have gone on a terrible run and their next 2 fixtures, this and Chelsea away, could see them slip even further down. After these two games, they need points from 5 consecutive games, maybe around the 9-11 point mark. Then for me they should be clearly safe. While United are just waiting until they can collect the crown, I think they could do it if they win those games up until the derby, then win the derby which would be the perfect way. So this game has importance for both sides, in completely different ways.

Injuries could be Sunderland's downfall. Their missing Brown, Cattermole, Cuellar, Sessegnon and Fletcher. The latter two being the decisive duo. They need some big performances and goals from Wickham and Gardner and even more from the likes of Adam Johnson and McClean. Even Danny Graham. Seems the stage is set for the life long Newcastle fan. That might leave Martin O Neill no choice but to change formation and try something different. Man Utd are without Scholes, Nani, Jones and Flecther. But they have Cleverly, Valencia, Smalling and Carrick to replace.

Whatever the outcome, Sunderland need to look forward and give the best they can, without letting their heads drop, their fate is in their own hands. But I don't think they'll get anything here. Man United haven't played an away game since the 23rd of February. 0-2.

LFC Preview in the Villa match thread.

Other Predictions:

Man City 2-0 Newcastle

Newcastle are all but safe now while City have no chance of winning the title. Might not be a spectacle, but Man City have enough quality at home to see it through. City fans will be hoping that their form doesn't stutter and they hold on to second place!

Southampton 1-1 Chelsea

I think Chelsea could have one eye on the FA Cup replay on Monday and the saints showed against Liverpool they are no mugs. I think both sides could do with the 3 points though, so it should be interesting.

Swansea 2-2 Tottenham

This game should be very open. Both very nice to watch when attacking, Spurs have hit a bit of bad spell, while Swansea have lost 3 of the last 4. Score draw, with lots of goals.

West Ham 1-2 West Brom

West Ham should be safe from relegation while West Brom won't have fully given up hope of a top 6 finish yet. I think West Brom will profit better from the international breakand win for the 5th time on their travels.

Wigan 2-0 Norwich

Should be a home win. It's the time of the year where Wigan hit form and they really need to this season or they are in serious trouble. Norwich only have 1 win and 10 points on their travels.

Everton 2-1 Stoke

Stoke have actually had a poor season compared to their high standards. Something that hasn't changed is their poor away record, they've only one away win all season. Everton have just 1 home defeat. Home win.

Fulham 1-1 QPR

After a slow start, Fulham look comfortable at the moment and can secure a top 10 place this season. QPR need points badly and soon. A point here probably isn't good enough but that's all I think they'll get.

I do this most weeks and other features, follow me on twitter: @LFCWolfy
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Wolfy's Previews and Predictions for this weekend's games
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2013 03:06:21 am
      Are you this bloke then?

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/198289

Your literacy levels have improved dramatically.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2013 06:38:43 am
      Are you this bloke then?

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/198289

Haha was thinking the same, Rep.

Isn't this the same bloke who got done for plagiarism on the forum before?

(I could be completely wrong, might've been another forum member)

EDIT: Apologies Wolfy, it was that clampet iiibonkers that got done for plagiarism previously.

However, I still don't believe that this is your work.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013 07:05:28 am by higgy_sham »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2013 09:13:03 am
      Haha was thinking the same, Rep.

Isn't this the same bloke who got done for plagiarism on the forum before?

:lmao:

Ah bless the wolf. She's just a young 'un trying to make her way in the big, bad world of football forums. I say "she" because, on the Black Cat [Sunderland forum] her user-name is sniperwolf4LittleMix and only wee girls like that sh*te.

On to plagiarism - most of sniperwolfylittlemix's post in this thread : http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43441.0.html are lifted from the Sunderland board. To be honest tho'; I don't think she means any harm at all and at least she's trying.  :angel:
      Bier
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2013 09:16:54 am
      :lmao:

Ah bless the wolf. She's just a young 'un trying to make her way in the big, bad world of football forums. I say "she" because, on the Black Cat [Sunderland forum] her user-name is sniperwolf4LittleMix and only wee girls like that sh*te.

On to plagiarism - most of sniperwolfylittlemix's post in this thread : http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43441.0.html are lifted from the Sunderland board. To be honest tho'; I don't think she means any harm at all and at least she's trying.  :angel:

If you think that's weird, profile on here says he's 16 years old. But on the Reading forum he says the little one and the missus sleep early! http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/single/?p=8731467&t=9850505
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2013 09:22:35 am
      WE DEMAND ANSWERS MR(S) WOLF ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2013 09:27:55 am
      So much work put into an article only to be torn apart by the ever investigative Scal Qaeda.

;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #8: Mar 29, 2013 09:30:59 am
      Leaving aside the psychological profiling the immediate reaction is how much effort has gone into the posts submitted, they look to be of a very reasonable standard both technically and in a literate sense.
      Could be the sh*t hot skunk circulating the vicinity has dried up or someone's had a lobotomy if previous offerings are compared. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Mar 29, 2013 10:08:22 am
      If you think that's weird, profile on here says he's 16 years old. But on the Reading forum he says the little one and the missus sleep early! http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/single/?p=8731467&t=9850505
      ;D

Ah but in Mayo (where the wolf professes to hail from) married, 16 year old lesbians, with kids, are a common occurrence. Or maybe I just made that up. Or... or... It may just be that there are a pack of wolves and only one computer - one computer and two (or more) alter egos... remember Corblimeytard and his alter notoriousbeeIgee?  :o
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013 10:18:50 am by bad boy bubby »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2013 11:05:39 am
      Looks like the wolfs out the bag.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Mar 29, 2013 03:42:22 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Mar 29, 2013 04:33:49 pm
      Early contender for thread of the year.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2013 04:38:10 pm
      Early contender for thread of the year.

At the very least it's a thread that's making some bark at the moon.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #14: Mar 29, 2013 05:01:46 pm
      Poor lad/lass will be all excited when they see there's been a load of replies  :laugh:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Mar 29, 2013 05:09:18 pm
      Poor lad/lass will be all excited when they see there's been a load of replies  :laugh:
      Am I an asshole for only posting in this thread for that exact reason? >:D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Mar 29, 2013 06:17:10 pm
      Am I an asshole for only posting in this thread for that exact reason? >:D

Nooooooooooooo
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Mar 29, 2013 06:21:09 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2013 12:20:19 pm
      ;D

Okay let's get serious here: how did the Wolf fare with her predicted score-lines?

None right... so far. Roll on next week.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #19: Apr 01, 2013 09:29:10 pm
      I think this is a fella who just likes dressing up as a little girl ! ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Apr 03, 2013 05:11:29 pm
      Poor Wolfy.

You blokes are bullies.

:D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Apr 03, 2013 05:21:39 pm
      Match: Arsenal v Reading 3-1 to Arsenal. (4-1)

Match: Sunderland v Manchester United 0-2. (0-1)

Man City 2-0 Newcastle (4-0)

Southampton 1-1 Chelsea (2-1)

Swansea 2-2 Tottenham (1-2)

West Ham 1-2 West Brom (3-1)

Wigan 2-0 Norwich (1-0)

Everton 2-1 Stoke (1-0)

Fulham 1-1 QPR (3-2)

@LFCWolfy

Almost 50-50 on the results.
      Who knew?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22: Apr 04, 2013 10:59:46 am
      Almost 50-50 on the results.
      Who knew?
      Who cared ?
      I'm literally on the edge of my toilet seat waiting for the next batch of predicitions.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #23: May 15, 2013 01:12:23 pm
      I see sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3 is online.

Care to set us straight?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: May 16, 2013 09:47:58 am
      I have all this money and no idea who to bet it on.

Come on Wolfy!

Quick Reply