Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 0-0 West Ham United: In-game & post-match irascibility

Read 31358 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool V West Ham United
      Reply #391: Apr 07, 2013 03:30:48 pm
      Same old, they park the bus, we are fu**ed. No inventiveness, poor decision making, poor passing around their box, poor first touch too often and not enough urgency when we have the opportunity to counter. Agger MOTM for us. two terrific blocks kept us in it, and decent service forward.
       So pissed off with this sort of result, it's season after season, after season. Don't we ever learn and adapt or are we just a mid table team now, on a par with this sort of sh*te. Total lack of urgency until last 10 mins just isn't good enough. Tactically inept.
      Too many players went for the hollywood goal, mainly because they either didn't have the support, or didn't know what else to do. Very  very poor .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #392: Apr 07, 2013 03:31:29 pm
      Put simply other than Agger and Reina the rest were average as hell. Solid defensive performance barring Johnson who without his attacking qualities is just useless. Exemplified by the amount of times Jarvis was given freedom down the left. Thought Suarez had a really really poor game today as well and as for the Assaidi substitution? No offence to Assaidi but he ain't exactly the first man you look to to change a game. No complaints over West Ham. They came to put in a job and did it. Sure, it ain't ambitious and it won't get them very far beyond mid table but that's what they did and they frustrated us. The annoying thing is it's not just been a problem under Brendan Rodgers but it's been a problem against these teams for years now. Whether it's against teams like Stoke or West Ham we've always been generally impotent.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 West Ham United: In-game & post-match irascibility
      Reply #393: Apr 07, 2013 03:31:43 pm
      f**k off with andy carroll. have you guys forget how aweful he was. He was a headless chicken who couldnt control the ball and his movement was worst in our squad by a mile. We just didnt perform today, it doesnt mean its panic time. We thrashed hammer in their own back yard with the same tactics.

those last 5 mins there, I would much rather have Carroll in the box. Are you telling me we would have been no more of a threat with him there today?

Had he played against us, you know we would have been in trouble.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #394: Apr 07, 2013 03:32:23 pm
      those last 5 mins there, I would much rather have Carroll in the box.

Are you telling me we would have been no more of a threat with him there today?

True.

Bitters moving away from us.
      That's the result.

Progress ?   
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #395: Apr 07, 2013 03:33:07 pm
      those last 5 mins there, I would much rather have Carroll in the box. Are you telling me we would have been no more of a threat with him there today?

That's because our CBs make average target men look like Drogba, not because Andy Carroll is supremely talented or anything.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #396: Apr 07, 2013 03:33:07 pm
      It's not that we were terrible today, we just had no cutting edge to win the game. Frustrating one, but nothing to really lose our heads over.

^^^This.

The game was much more about having an off day than a bigger problem.

The take away from a game like this is that we had no one on the bench to come on and make a difference when the starting 11 weren't on their game. Assaidi was very disappointing.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #397: Apr 07, 2013 03:33:28 pm
      Suarez today was poor and has been for about the last three games. He's trying to do it all on his own again, and he needs to start looking up more.

Exactly. Some f**king retards here just don wanna associate the word poor with Suarez, cos he is the league top scorer.
      He INDEED was alarmingly poor today .
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #398: Apr 07, 2013 03:33:30 pm
      When our player just outside the box while those inside the box looking in the direction of out goal suggests that we're in a dire need of a first class attacking coaches. We have very good attacking players in Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. if we could get a world class attacking coach in we'll be very very very diffficult to handle in the box.

As the commentator and Steve Mcmahon said we had one too many touches on the ball during the most crucial moments in attack, who's to argue with Steve.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #399: Apr 07, 2013 03:34:41 pm
      The game was much more about having an off day than a bigger problem.

I disagree, we have 11 players who cant head the ball. Thats a worry and makes our play obvious.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #400: Apr 07, 2013 03:35:12 pm
      Not one of our best days at the office but there was a time we'd get mugged at the other end. Never liked Fat Sam or his teams but they know how to park the bus. Man marking Suarez seemed to be effective which is a worry.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #401: Apr 07, 2013 03:35:37 pm

He had 18 months to be a threat in the box. I can count his good games for us on one hand. Now shut up.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #402: Apr 07, 2013 03:36:37 pm

;D The guy who can't make an argument always refers to petty remarks.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #403: Apr 07, 2013 03:36:38 pm
      He had 18 months to be a threat in the box. I can count his good games for us on one hand. Now shut up.

A whole hand ? A finger more like !
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #404: Apr 07, 2013 03:37:05 pm

honestly, NO. i rather want 17m for the summer transfer window.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #405: Apr 07, 2013 03:37:46 pm
      We had a big man. His name was Andy Carroll. He WAS NOT A THREAT IN THE BOX.

Exactly! More like a threat in the centre circle!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #406: Apr 07, 2013 03:39:05 pm

I made my argument. Which was that Andy Carroll has not played well at all for us. He has not played well for West Ham this season either. 5 goals in 17? I'll pass, ta.

Also, the word you were looking for was reverts, not refers.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #407: Apr 07, 2013 03:40:08 pm
      im devasted that we didnt win today and i am not really one of those shining optimistic types either. But im not that down that i wish carroll back.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #408: Apr 07, 2013 03:40:49 pm
      We are improving - we'd have lost that game a few months ago :D

I'm only half serious, I think
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #409: Apr 07, 2013 03:41:06 pm
      We had plenty of games last season against physical sides which Andy Carroll played in and all he did was fall to the floor at the slightest touch. Lumping the ball up and hoping for someone to win a header isn't a 'plan b' it's desperation.

Also, aerially West Ham were fantastic today, so I don't know what you think there was to gain by playing long balls, it would of been playing to their strengths.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #410: Apr 07, 2013 03:41:12 pm
      I disagree, we have 11 players who cant head the ball. Thats a worry and makes our play obvious.

Won't disagree, but headers aren't the primary reason we struggled. We've managed wins without scoring from corners all season. Being more dangerous in the air is something that must be improved to elevate the team, but it's part of the "plan B" issue.

Simple fact is this, there will always be the occasional off game. And when our best player struggles from the start, it will always be difficult to overcome.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #411: Apr 07, 2013 03:41:12 pm
      Story of our season so far, dominate the game but it's the goals that count, and we yet again fail to grab a winner. Another deflating game, another deflating season. Need more urgency, nothing to play for is probably the excuse for lack of it.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,475 posts | 1474 
      Reply #412: Apr 07, 2013 03:41:40 pm
      Exactly. Some f**king retards here just don wanna associate the word poor with Suarez, cos he is the league top scorer.
      He INDEED was alarmingly poor today .
      No one is saying he wasn't poor!! But to call him pathetic as you did is way off the mark.
      Do you expect him to turn it on week in week out? He is entitled to have off games.
      There is only one retard here you cock and that's yourself
      Now go and get your colouring book and crayons.
      Scottbot

• 9,613 posts | 2159 
      Reply #413: Apr 07, 2013 03:42:35 pm

Never see the mancs or any of the other top sides looking to simply luzz it in to a 'Big Man' when they are chasing a game in the last 5 minutes. This sort of deperation football is played by teams who live way down the league. Top teams keep passing the ball and trying to work opportunities.

Can anyone show me one who doesn't?

Quick Reply